is there a difference between Jew and gentile in the bible?

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟264,865.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
other then skin

Yes, there is a fundamental difference which makes them being called God's chosen people. It is closely tied to how a truth shall convey.

If the US government has a critical message for its citizens, the most efficient way for the message to convey is to broadcast it through an established mass media, such as CNN or Fox News. The basic function of such a media is not only to examine the credibility of both the eyewitnesses and their stories, but also to identify who the US government representative is in this case.

Israel as God's chosen people, is responsible for examining the credibility of the prophets and their stories, as the prophets are the representatives for God's message to convey. At the same time, the prophets are also God's chosen eyewitnesses for Israel to record down their stories and testimonies, subsequently that's how the OT was crafted.

If CNN failed to do its job, the US government can switch the media from it to another, say from CNN to Fox News as its channel of exclusive messages. Similarly, when the Jews failed to do the job, due mainly to the Pharisees being corrupt and couldn't get close to God to take the message, God switched His media of message from Judaism to Christianity. Judaism was thus 'shut down' in AD70, while Christianity bears the responsibility of preaching (i.e., broadcasting) the good news to all the nations on earth (i.e., analogue to how CNN broadcasts towards all the states of America).

Humans, together with their other religioins, never figured out the only workable way how a truth shall convey. That's why other religions are 'local' instead of being internationally preached. They don't have a 'media' acting as an authority for either the examination of the credibility of the eyewitnesses and their stories, or the identifying of the representatives of God.

Israel is thus a special authority. Later on Christianity is authenticated to take its place, then the authority has been passed (or extended to the Protestants) from the Catholics to the Protestants for the same or similar reason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟206,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
But you are the one who said you are not keen to understand when was Israel born the first time.

If one is not born the first time, how can he be born again?
No, you said I need to understand Israels first birth. I responded I am not interested in things not taught in the new covenant writings. So far I have not seen that from you.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟221,215.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, you said I need to understand Israels first birth. I responded I am not interested in things not taught in the new covenant writings. So far I have not seen that from you.

If the New Covenant is about the rebirth of the nation of Israel (Ezekiel 37, Jeremiah 31:31, Hebrews 8:8), then your response is silly, wouldn't you think?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟221,215.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is about the apostolic church being a kingdom of priests.

Only Israel is to be a kingdom of priests (Exodus 19:5–6)

Paul never told us the Body of Christ will also be a kingdom of priests

Would you agree with that?

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟206,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Only Israel is to be a kingdom of priests (Exodus 19:5–6)

Paul never told us the Body of Christ will also be a kingdom of priests

Would you agree with that?
no, I don't agree with you. "National" Israel are not Levites which no other tribe of Israel are. The priesthood is the inheritance of Levi, not the collective other tribes. This is just one aspect of your ideas which are off IMO.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟221,215.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
no, I don't agree with you. "National" Israel are not Levites which no other tribe of Israel are. The priesthood is the inheritance of Levi, not the collective other tribes. This is just one aspect of your ideas which are off IMO.

Where is your scripture?

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟206,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Where is your scripture?
What? Are you denying the priesthood is the inheritance to one tribe?
Nu 18:20 And the LORD spake unto Aaron, Thou shalt have no inheritance in their land, neither shalt thou have any part among them: I am thy part and thine inheritance among the children of Israel.
Nu 18:21 And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.

Nu 18:23 But the Levites shall do the service of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they shall bear their iniquity: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations, that among the children of Israel they have no inheritance.
Nu 18:24 But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.
Nu 18:26 Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, even a tenth part of the tithe.

Jos 18:7 But the Levites have no part among you; for the priesthood of the LORD is their inheritance: and Gad, and Reuben, and half the tribe of Manasseh, have received their inheritance beyond Jordan on the east, which Moses the servant of the LORD gave them.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟221,215.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What? Are you denying the priesthood is the inheritance to one tribe?
Nu 18:20 And the LORD spake unto Aaron, Thou shalt have no inheritance in their land, neither shalt thou have any part among them: I am thy part and thine inheritance among the children of Israel.
Nu 18:21 And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.

Nu 18:23 But the Levites shall do the service of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they shall bear their iniquity: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations, that among the children of Israel they have no inheritance.
Nu 18:24 But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.
Nu 18:26 Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, even a tenth part of the tithe.

Jos 18:7 But the Levites have no part among you; for the priesthood of the LORD is their inheritance: and Gad, and Reuben, and half the tribe of Manasseh, have received their inheritance beyond Jordan on the east, which Moses the servant of the LORD gave them.

Numbers is talking about the nation of Israel.

The tribe of Levi is part of Israel

I am thy part and thine inheritance among the children of Israel.
I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance

I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.

Which part of the scripture states that the Body of Christ is Levites/Priests/Israel?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟206,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Numbers is talking about the nation of Israel.

The tribe of Levi is part of Israel

I am thy part and thine inheritance among the children of Israel.
I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance

I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.

Which part of the scripture states that the Body of Christ is Levites/Priests/Israel?
Numbers is talking about Levi in those passages. As Hebrews says very clearly says
Heb 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood. It is a distinct inheritance from the twelve tribes of Israel
Believe as you will, cuz it does not matter what scripture is given you.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟221,215.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Numbers is talking about Levi in those passages. As Hebrews says very clearly says
Heb 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood. It is a distinct inheritance from the twelve tribes of Israel
Believe as you will, cuz it does not matter what scripture is given you.

So, do you agree that Levi is one of the 12 tribes of Israel?

What is the point you are making? That the Body of Christ is Levi?

Upvote 0