Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What I get from this interesting and rather scary account is that sober minds prevailed in all these key moments. Is Trump level-headed enough to take a step back at the crucial moment and calm things down is the key issue here? He is cut from a different cloth than previous presidents who have kept the peace.
Yes! It was scary and it seemed sacartier than the Cuban missle crisses. I looked up what RDKirk posted and Russia could have easily pushed the button after their radar malfunction. Seeing four ballistic missiles headed their way would definitely warrant Russia doing the same, and I'm glad that everyone was praying at that time while I was sitting at home all fat dumb, and happy.

"Trump"
Lol, I think he is stable enough to realize it's game over when he pushes the button. Because he still wants time on this earth to spend some of his billions. He and all boomers know what the atomic bomb will do to this planet but millennials don't. They are probably more afraid of climate change than nuclear holocaust because of the media He is cut from a different cloth than previous presidents who have kept the peace.
He is cut from a different cloth than previous presidents who have kept the peace.
Politicians know how to "act" that is why we like hot mics because we get their true beliefs. Trump doesn't care what people think when he talks nor do I. Trump is arrogant but he speaks his mind. The media you listen to definitely shapes your beliefs,

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟218,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Iran is backing Hamas, Houthis and Hezbollah. America (regardless of party) is a staunch supporter of Israel in their ongoing fight against terrorism and for general survival. The major change from Trump to Biden was the shift to a more skeptical approach to Saudia Arabia.

I am trying to unpick your post:

1) Biden's ending of sanctions did enrich Iran. With the existing leadership maybe it was obvious that these extra resources would be misused.

2) Biden has been a strong advocate for Israel despite protests from within his party. But those same protests are occurring in Israel because of the humanitarian costs of the peace operation in Gaza and his policy there more accurately reflects the desire of the actual citizens of Israel.

3) Trump is more likely to be hostile toward Iran and in a more proactive way in cooperation with Israel and Saudia Arabia. Iran knows this but no one knows if Trump will win in 2024.
Much like those who are liberal on crime, once they or someone close to them is affected attitudes change. How much of a change this makes on Israelis on the left and Jews outside of Israel we will have to see.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟218,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What I get from this interesting and rather scary account is that sober minds prevailed in all these key moments. Is Trump level-headed enough to take a step back at the crucial moment and calm things down is the key issue here? He is cut from a different cloth than previous presidents who have kept the peace.
Trump is a tough negotiator and is used to making level-headed decisions. That's why he was successful in business. You don't make great deals by losing your cool when it comes down to the final decisions.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟27,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you choose your own news?

I've never heard anything so stupid.
To quote Jordan Peterson, "that's not what I said".

There are only so many hours in a day. I choose my news sources rather than let others choose them for me. And as I've mentioned before, it's why events rarely surprise me. I expected the Zimmerman and Rittenhouse verdicts we got. I figured out within a couple of days that Juicy Smallyay was lying. I believed very early on that Blasey Ford was lying. I even expected the Derek Chauvin verdict even though I thought it contradicted the facts, which time is now exposing. It's because I got a solid glimpse of the community in which it was held.

And this is all because I found news sources I could trust and used my God given brain and life experiences to analyze the information I was given. I am often an outlier on opinion because I gave up television in 1997. I'm simply not part of the group think that is so common in our culture today. And it has served me very well.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟316,340.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
And this is all because I found news sources I could trust and used my God given brain and life experiences to analyze the information I was given. I am often an outlier on opinion because I gave up television in 1997. I'm simply not part of the group think that is so common in our culture today. And it has served me very well.
Then how do you explain your generic right wing conclusions?

I even expected the Derek Chauvin verdict even though I thought it contradicted the facts, which time is now exposing. It's because I got a solid glimpse of the community in which it was held.
It's a bit of a puzzler.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟27,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then how do you explain your generic right wing conclusions?
I'm not really right wing. I'm Classical liberal. "Right wing" is more of a label. Kinda like many call the Nazi party of Germany the "right wing", when it was anything but that, at least relative to what goes on in the US. They had more in common with the left. Just to use one example, gun control. Classical Liberals don't believe rent control, minimum wage, and a host of other ideas are good ideas. Same with nonsense like preferred pronouns. They are more "reality based", with an understanding of actual day to day human nature, unlike both the left and the right. A classical liberal would be against Jim Crow laws (which require businesses to discriminate), but be for allowing business owners to choose to discriminate if they so choose, and let the chips fall where they may, regarding their business success.

If you think my conclusions are "right wing", it simply means to me that in some way the "right wing" has a lot in common with classical liberalism.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟27,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's a bit of a puzzler.
It's not that much of a puzzler to me. That neighborhood is anti-white racist and hates cops. And when you simpathize with that position, as a news outlet you will appear to be "caring". Meanwhile, the news sources I frequent showed a lot more of the body camera footage than the MSM did. I saw those videos from the git-go and said to my wife, "His knee is on his back, not his neck." And that is what the autopsy revealed. And again, Before they even tried to get him out of his car he was complaining that he couldn't breathe. And if you watch those cop videos on Youtube you'll notice that it is a common reaction by people when the cops are trying to get them out of their car they start yelling that they can't breathe. It was just business as usual.

I figure that cop was not squeaky clean, or he would not have been working that precinct, but he did nothing wrong, especially considering the way Floyd was responding. And the autopsy was pretty darned clear. Yet an innocent man ended up in prison and was almost stabbed to death to appease the racist mob. I don't trust the judgement of any man in today's world that aspires to be a cop in the US.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,483,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not really right wing. I'm Classical liberal. "Right wing" is more of a label. Kinda like many call the Nazi party of Germany the "right wing", when it was anything but that, at least relative to what goes on in the US. They had more in common with the left. Just to use one example, gun control. Classical Liberals don't believe rent control, minimum wage, and a host of other ideas are good ideas. Same with nonsense like preferred pronouns. They are more "reality based", with an understanding of actual day to day human nature, unlike both the left and the right. A classical liberal would be against Jim Crow laws (which require businesses to discriminate), but be for allowing business owners to choose to discriminate if they so choose, and let the chips fall where they may, regarding their business success.

If you think my conclusions are "right wing", it simply means to me that in some way the "right wing" has a lot in common with classical liberalism.
The word you're looking for is "Libertarian."

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟218,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's not that much of a puzzler to me. That neighborhood is anti-white racist and hates cops. And when you simpathize with that position, as a news outlet you will appear to be "caring". Meanwhile, the news sources I frequent showed a lot more of the body camera footage than the MSM did. I saw those videos from the git-go and said to my wife, "His knee is on his back, not his neck." And that is what the autopsy revealed. And again, Before they even tried to get him out of his car he was complaining that he couldn't breathe. And if you watch those cop videos on Youtube you'll notice that it is a common reaction by people when the cops are trying to get them out of their car they start yelling that they can't breathe. It was just business as usual.

I figure that cop was not squeaky clean, or he would not have been working that precinct, but he did nothing wrong, especially considering the way Floyd was responding. And the autopsy was pretty darned clear. Yet an innocent man ended up in prison and was almost stabbed to death to appease the racist mob. I don't trust the judgement of any man in today's world that aspires to be a cop in the US.
Floyd didn't want to go in the car because he said he couldn't breath. So they put him on the ground as he had requested. Putting his knee on the suspect to hold him down was a method to restrain that was in the Minneapolis police manual. You can bet plenty of Democrats reviewed that manual. And as you stated, Floyd did not die from the actions of the cop. They could argue that a better restraint hold should have been used if a person was not breathing well, or that maybe Chauvin put to pressure on him. But the charges were really inflated, and it was a travesty to see the other cops there be charged and convicted. I think there is a better case for throwing Joe Biden and Mayorkas in prison for aiding and abetting human trafficking.

Upvote 0

johansen

Sep 13, 2023
silverdale
✟6,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think there is a better case for throwing Joe Biden and Mayorkas in prison for aiding and abetting human trafficking.
oh, like the 70,000 children they admit they lost contact with?

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟828,801.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All of this is our own doing. The world reserve currency should be neutral if you want the world to use it without fear but we use it to control other countries. Sanctions haven't been effective because the same sanctioned countries are doing the same bad stuff. I'm sure you know how the sanctions with Russia have affected your country and the rest of Europe. The sad thing is that the sanction hasn't hurt Russia that much economically but it's hurt the world more because of the resources Russia provides.
I don't think isolationism will bring back the 1930s or it might make a small contribution but the out-of-control spending by the government in what seems to be endless wars., We had American companies in Russia and what?

So, we have placed our pawns in government. As a result of our meddling, Putin took Crimea because he saw the writing on the wall. Have you noticed the Brics counties? They don't share our values and are separating from the American bully. Our Western governments have become arrogant and want to force everyone to be like us but we forget there are different cultures abroad.
If you think about it it's really like a Christian trying to force an Athiest to become Christian, what kind of hate will that generate? When we can be friends and accept them in culture and beliefs. Peace
The sanctions against Russia have had an impact and more importantly, mark a change in German and European foreign policy and strategic economic planning. Russia has lost a market, gained the redundancy of billions of dollars of investment in infrastructure to serve that market, and the profits that came from that. It is selling more to India and China but both have very favorable deals and the profit margins are much lower here than they were with Europe. India profits from buying the oil, refining it and shipping it to Europe at a premium but not in any kind of high volume way. Europe was Russia's best trade partner and moving forward was likely to remain so had they not invaded Ukraine. By invading they drove Europe back to the USA and away from its increasing addiction to Chinese markets and Russian resources. They have also accelerated the development of a green economy in which they have no advantage.

Also, the real-world economy is not as dependent on fossil fuels as before as on-chip technology. Sanctions against Russia deprive it of high-end chips and China is not capable of filling the gap. They are now forced to buy masses of dishwashers to plunder their chips to put in new missiles. It helps to explain the dumbness of Russian military targeting. They can produce WW2 blunt instrument artillery shells but lack the capabilities of chip-dependent smart weaponry.

Neither G7 nor BRICS have much to do with Jesus. The challenge of the BRICs is less to do with moral credibility than the viability of the multipolar world they are looking for. Instability is the more likely consequence of a loss of Western hegemony and the democratic deficit in BRIC countries is likely to award some unsavory characters. Moving forward we now have to ask what kind of world we want to live in while a looming perfect storm of troubles threatens to blow it all away.

Reactions: johansen
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,483,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The sanctions against Russia have had an impact and more importantly, mark a change in German and European foreign policy and strategic economic planning. Russia has lost a market, gained the redundancy of billions of dollars of investment in infrastructure to serve that market, and the profits that came from that. It is selling more to India and China but both have very favorable deals and the profit margins are much lower here than they were with Europe. India profits from buying the oil, refining it and shipping it to Europe at a premium but not in any kind of high volume way. Europe was Russia's best trade partner and moving forward was likely to remain so had they not invaded Ukraine. By invading they drove Europe back to the USA and away from its increasing addiction to Chinese markets and Russian resources. They have also accelerated the development of a green economy in which they have no advantage.

Also, the real-world economy is not as dependent on fossil fuels as before as on-chip technology. Sanctions against Russia deprive it of high-end chips and China is not capable of filling the gap. They are now forced to buy masses of dishwashers to plunder their chips to put in new missiles. It helps to explain the dumbness of Russian military targeting. They can produce WW2 blunt instrument artillery shells but lack the capabilities of chip-dependent smart weaponry.

Neither G7 nor BRICS have much to do with Jesus. The challenge of the BRICs is less to do with moral credibility than the viability of the multipolar world they are looking for. Instability is the more likely consequence of a loss of Western hegemony and the democratic deficit in BRIC countries is likely to award some unsavory characters. Moving forward we now have to ask what kind of world we want to live in while a looming perfect storm of troubles threatens to blow it all away.
That's like back in the 80s when the Soviets were scarfing up Speak-and-Spell toys for the voice chips to cannibalize as voice warning devices in their top-line fighter jets. They couldn't even duplicate the voice chips..,.they had to cannibalize them.

• Agree
Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟828,801.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump is a tough negotiator and is used to making level-headed decisions. That's why he was successful in business. You don't make great deals by losing your cool when it comes down to the final decisions.

That reputation for good level-headed business deals has been exaggerated by Trump himself to the point of fraud. It also looks likely that he will be effectively bankrupt before the election. Republicans are walking into a Democrat trap by selecting him as their candidate

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
real-world economy is not as dependent on fossil fuels as before as on-chip technology.
1705241994765.png

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟828,801.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neither G7 nor BRICS have much to do with Jesus.
and We definitely not the teachings of Jesus because if we loved our neighbors we wouldn't try to overthrow governments and destabilize the entire Middle East and force our values onto other countries, our arrogance. How long have we been hating on Russia? and now concerned about China because we turned them into a superpower and they did not assimilate to our values like we thought they would.
Moving forward we now have to ask what kind of world we want to live in while a looming perfect storm of troubles threatens to blow it all away.
Not this world that we helped to create. That is my point our meddling and short-sightedness. Jesus had the long view and it all sums up as love thy neighbor. How long have we been hating on Russia, 80 years, and yet we had American companies in Russia, doesn't make sense. Meddling in Ukraine caused the attack on Crimea.

We have to recognize our part in the global situation. Peace

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
China spends more on chip imports than on fossil fuels. The strategic advantage has moved away from Big Oil to the New Technologies

We started the war on chips by sanctioning high-end chips to China that's why Taiwan is in the news. They are also stockpiling oil for a possible war in the future.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
That's like back in the 80s when the Soviets were scarfing up Speak-and-Spell toys for the voice chips to cannibalize as voice warning devices in their top-line fighter jets. They couldn't even duplicate the voice chips..,.they had to cannibalize them.

"P...U...L...L......U...P.......P...U...L...L......U...P.....W...H...O...O...P......W...H...O...O...P.......P...U...L..." CRASH

Upvote 0