Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's like back in the 80s when the Soviets were scarfing up Speak-and-Spell toys for the voice chips to cannibalize as voice warning devices in their top-line fighter jets. They couldn't even duplicate the voice chips..,.they had to cannibalize them.
I must admit Russia and the Chinese aren't as creative as Americans. Hell China stole F35 blueprints and now look at them.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟218,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That reputation for good level-headed business deals has been exaggerated by Trump himself to the point of fraud. It also looks likely that he will be effectively bankrupt before the election. Republicans are walking into a Democrat trap by selecting him as their candidate

There's a huge difference in negotiating with other countries with real negotiators rather than politicians. An American establishment politician typically makes a deal so that he or she can look good, they can boast about how they made a great deal no matter how bad it is. A negotiator, a deal maker, is willing to walk away from making a deal that is bad. They are used to dealing with their own money, and Trump has decades of experience. Ross Perot was the same way, it bothered him how bad our deals were, like NAFTA.. When Ross was young his father let him go to the horse shows and he had permission to buy and sell any horses he wanted, just so he didn't bring any home.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ross Perot was the same way, it bothered hims how bad our deals were, like NAFTA
Off-topic but this is the reason I voted for him. My inlaws were getting laid off from Textile in El Paso at that time and I was leaning toward Clinton because Bush lied.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,483,949.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's a huge difference in negotiating with other countries with real negotiators rather than politicians. An American establishment politician typically makes a deal so that he or she can look good, they can boast about how they made a great deal no matter how bad it is. A negotiator, a deal maker, is willing to walk away from making a deal that is bad. They are used to dealing with their own money, and Trump has decades of experience. Ross Perot was the same way, it bothered him how bad our deals were, like NAFTA.. When Ross was young his father let him go to the horse shows and he had permission to buy and sell any horses he wanted, just so he didn't bring any home.
It turns out Trump's "deal making" was mostly to borrow money, inflate the worth of his assets, take losses, go bankrupt to avoid payment, then do it again. He's a flim-flam man.

• Agree
Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟218,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It turns out Trump's "deal making" was mostly to borrow money, inflate the worth of his assets, take losses, go bankrupt to avoid payment, then do it again. He's a flim-flam man.
LOL. Trump was fantastic on foreign policy, letting Mexico and South American and Central American countries know we would cut off funding if they did not cooperate on immigration. Trump made other countries pay their fair share to the United Nations, and he reduced U.S. spending. He successfully negotiated with South Korean and Japan to make them pay more of the defense burden. He was the first president to meet with a North Korean leader and greatly calmed down the situation by showing strength. Trump pulled out of the terrible nuclear deal with Iran, while Joe's policies increased money for terrorism by Iran by roughly 75 billion dollar. Trump brokered deals around the world, including peace agreements with Israel with Bahrain, Sudan, and the United Arab Emirates.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
LOL. Trump was fantastic on foreign policy, letting Mexico and South American and Central American countries know we would cut off funding if they did not cooperate on immigration. Trump made other countries pay their fair share to the United Nations, and he reduced U.S. spending. He successfully negotiated with South Korean and Japan to make them pay more of the defense burden. He was the first president to meet with a North Korean leader and greatly calmed down the situation by showing strength. Trump pulled out of the terrible nuclear deal with Iran, while Joe's policies increased money for terrorism by Iran by roughly 75 billion dollar. Trump brokered deals around the world, including peace agreements with Israel with Bahrain, Sudan, and the United Arab Emirates.

You forgot the Taliban, Trump brokered a sweet deal with the Taliban, forgot to invite the Afghanistan government to the table but who cares. Let all those Taliban fighters go. MMMMM Sweet deal.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟278,009.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
LOL. Trump was fantastic on foreign policy,
Yes, Trump's foreign policy was certainly fantastic - in the original sense of the world. He broadly abdicated US leadership in international relations while cozying up to dictators and angering allies.

letting Mexico and South American and Central American countries know we would cut off funding if they did not cooperate on immigration.

And as a result shares a portion of the responsibility for the current US immigration crisis.

Trump made other countries pay their fair share to the United Nations, and he reduced U.S. spending.

How did he make them? What agreements - specifically - did the US make with other countries about UN spending?

He successfully negotiated with South Korean

Wrong.

The Trump administration failed totally to negotiate a new basing agreement with South Korea. To the point where it became the first administration since the 1960s to see the agreement lapse (for 13 months).

The Biden administration took less than 8 weeks to negotiate a new agreement, including a 14% increase in South Korea's contribution.

and Japan to make them feel pay more of the defense burden. He was the first president to meet with a North Korean leader and greatly calmed down the situation by showing strength. Trump pulled out of the terrible nuclear deal with Iran, while Joe's policies increased money for terrorism by Iran by roughly 75 billion dollar. Trump brokered deals around the world, including peace agreements with Israel with Bahrain, Sudan, and the United Arab Emirates.

Apart from the Israeli-Middle East deals - for which the Trump administration gets partial credit at best - the rest of that is just egregiously false.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟27,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The word you're looking for is "Libertarian."
Nope. I used to be somewhat libertarian, but I really thing "classical liberal" more describes my perspective. Though Libertarian would be a close second. ;)

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟27,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does it tell you anything about Iran and nuclear weapons?
Yes. It tells me to look beyond the MSM for actual reliable information before I even attempt to form an opinion on the subject. FWIW, I figure Israel will destroy any Iranian nuclear capability going forward. In fact, have they not been doing that already? I think Israel knows that Iran gaining a usable nuke would be the death of Israel, and they proceed accordingly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Politics in a Christian forum... This should be a place for God, not the politics of the world. But each their own I suppose.
We are in the politics section of the forum. Peace

Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
With Iranian leaders believing that the Biden Administration could end in early 2025, there likely will be more significant advances in Iran’s nuclear program this year to take advantage of the current administration’s weak foreign policy and to pursue a possible last chance to revive the JCPOA on terms favorable to Iran.

It has been estimated that Iran received an additional 250 billion dollars because of the policies of the Biden administration. So now the nuclear bomb in the hands of Iran is imminent, and may very well occur on Joe's watch. I believe Israel will be forced to take action.
Contrary to what the article says this actually started when the United States withdrew from the nuclear inspection treaty allowing Iran free rein to produce weapons grade uranium. Does anybody remember who was the president who withdrew us from it?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟218,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Contrary to what the article says this actually started when the United States withdrew from the nuclear inspection treaty allowing Iran free rein to produce weapons grade uranium. Does anybody remember who was the president who withdrew us from it?
Trump was able to bring Iran's nuclear program to a trickle by getting rid of the one-sided treaty and imposing tough sanctions. Iran need money to support terrorism and to create a nuclear bomb. The treaty turned out to be a nightmare, it allowed billions to go to Iran, did not allow inspection of a number of military sites, and the sunset provisions were killers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟278,009.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Trump was able to bring Iran's nuclear program to a trickle by getting rid of the one-sided treaty and imposing tough sanctions.

Is it opposite day?

Because Iran was abiding by the JCPOA (as verified by international inspections) up to the point where the US unilaterally exited the deal. About the worst thing that the Trump administration could level at Iran was that it had not fully revealed past efforts (in the 1990 and up to about 2003) to develop an indigenous nuclear weapon capability. The month before the Trump administration pulled out of the deal, the US State Department confirmed it was abiding by it.

Despite the Trump administration's claims, Iran was meeting its commitments to the deal and was not enriching uranium beyond what was allowed under the agreement. It had cut it's centrifuge capabilities by two thirds, completely reduced its medium enriched uranium stockpile and cut its low enriched stockpile by 97%.

Fast forward to 2023 and Iran has pretty much resumed Uranium enriching activities, to the point where it now in violation of the nuclear non-proliferation treaty. Iran has gone from possessing less than 300 kg of low-enriched uranium (~3.7%) to producing more than 9kg per month of 60% enriched U235 and has been found to be producing 84% enriched uranium (90% is needed for weapons-grade material).

Iran need money to support terrorism and to create a nuclear bomb.

Which it gets anyway, thanks to trade outside of the US and Europe. Basically because the Trump administration ended nearly decade years of detente and five years of careful international diplomacy, because (and I'm paraphrasing here) Trump got bad vibes from the deal.

The treaty turned out to be a nightmare, it allowed billions to go to Iran, did not allow inspection of a number of military sites, and the sunset provisions were killers.

The sunset provision were for 10 and 15 years from the signing of the agreement, and weren't killers. In fact and were open to renegotiation under article V of the agreement.

The 10 year provisions allowed Iran to build it's centrifuge capacity back to ~20% of what it was before the agreement from 2025 onwards. From 2030, Iran would have been allowed to develop it's centrifuge capacity but was limited to enrichment levels of under 5% (under it's agreements

Right now, Iran is operating almost 150% MORE uranium centrifuge capacity than it was in 2015. It has, by some estimates, enough capacity to produce uranium for five to six weapons every year.

Same story with enriched uranium. Iran would have been held to a limit of ~200 kg until 2025 and 300 kg to 2030. Instead, Iran now has a enriched uranium stockpile of 4500kg.

One watchdog agency reports Iran has "reached the point at which, within three weeks, Iran might be able to enrich enough uranium for five fission weapons" although weaponisation "could take anywhere from several months to a year or more, although the timeframe is uncertain".

Trump withdrawing from the JCPOA pushed Iran RAPIDLY back down the nuclear path. Even if the agreement had fallen apart in 2030 and the sunset provisions hadn't been renegotiated, Iran would be at least a decade behind where it is now in efforts to acquire nuclear weapons. Iran is further along towards nuclear weapons now than it was in 2015.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's always a bad idea to go with the guys who say "everyone else is lying to you!"
Results:
1. I read some articles and saw some interviews and decided I didn't need to mask up for Covid and I was never vaxxed. I travelled by car all over the country and never got Covid. And I just turned 70.
2. It was clear to me that it was lame to bring chargers against Zimmerman and, later, Rittenhouse.
3. It was clear that Blazey Ford was lying.
4. I don't take any of the AGW stuff seriously any more (global warming). I've seen it as a power grab since 2006, and events have only confirmed the validity of that perspective.
5. I saw Juicy Smallyay as a hoax within a day of first hearing the story. It made zero sense on several levels.
6. George Floyd was not murdered. He died of a drug overdose (three times the fatal level of Fentanyl in his system).
7. Although sometimes Trump lost in lower courts, I didn't care because he usually won in higher courts. On a side note, I think that regarding suing Trump, he's like Br'er Rabbit: "Please don't throw me into the briar patch!" It's his element.
1707925553925.jpeg

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟27,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's always a bad idea to go with the guys who say "everyone else is lying to you!"

View attachment 342774
We are in complete agreement. And not to put too fine a point on it, but when discussing cults, since the mid-80's, the meme in that photo is almost exactly what I started with.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟828,801.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Trump's foreign policy was certainly fantastic - in the original sense of the world. He broadly abdicated US leadership in international relations while cozying up to dictators and angering allies.

And as a result shares a portion of the responsibility for the current US immigration crisis.

How did he make them? What agreements - specifically - did the US make with other countries about UN spending?

Wrong.

The Trump administration failed totally to negotiate a new basing agreement with South Korea. To the point where it became the first administration since the 1960s to see the agreement lapse (for 13 months).

The Biden administration took less than 8 weeks to negotiate a new agreement, including a 14% increase in South Korea's contribution.

Apart from the Israeli-Middle East deals - for which the Trump administration gets partial credit at best - the rest of that is just egregiously false.
Agreed the only real positive was the Israel-Middle East. The Abrams Accords were a genuine step forward which Iran and its proxies are now looking to sabotage.

Upvote 0