✟75,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
How old is this wine?
What does wine have to do with dinosaurs? If you say the dinosaurs came and went in a literal real 24 hour day, then there is nothing real about anything. In The Fossil Cabin near Medicine Bow, Wyoming there is a building made with dinosaur bones and remains. Do you really think eggs were hatch and they lived and died in a 24 hour period?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
In what way did I change the rules of time and space?
How long does it take for a chicken egg to hatch. If you think a dinosaur egg can hatch, produce a giant dinosaur and vanish all in a day that is crazy. Also, we have ice core samples that indicate hundreds and hundreds of years of climate change. Each layer is like the ring on a tree. WE can count the years. Winter, spring, summer and fall.
At what point does embedded age become real age? 6,000 years ago?
1692923537586.png

Upvote 0

The Hour IS AT HAND

I think the AoD is on the earth
Aug 21, 2023
Phoenix
Visit site
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I distinguish between these two perspectives of time. The Bible speaks of events that happened in the historical witnessed-time. Scientific research speaks in terms of space-time. Both are real as far as today's people are concerned. In terms of First-Order Logic, they are both true. Both are real depending on your perspective of time. It only proves God's creative power :)
How can two things be true at the same time? Especially such opposing views? For example, if there is a car accident involving many people, each person will have their own assertion of what "caused" the accident. While they may firmly believe their perspective of events as truth, they can still be wrong, as there would only be one "truth" of what actually happened. While each of the people involved may have correct perspectives in some of the points, there is still one whole truth.

In regards to the wine example, are you suggesting that there was wine fermenting for months somewhere before Jesus changed the water from wine? Would that not discredit the ability and awesomeness of God who can do anything in the blink of an eye? Why would Jesus not be able to instantly create the best wine imaginable immediately? Is God restrained by the laws of nature that He created?

Upvote 0

The Hour IS AT HAND

Aug 21, 2023
Phoenix
Visit site
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you distinguish between space-time and witnessed-time? If not, then you are right.
What makes you think there are two types of time? Regarding the wine example, the Master of the wedding may have said the wine was much older, but he would be wrong, as Jesus had just made it.
How do you interpret Genesis 1?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Hour IS AT HAND

Aug 21, 2023
Phoenix
Visit site
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you distinguish between space-time and witnessed-time? If not, then you are right.
Right here, you are literally saying there are two types of time. Space-time and witnessed-time.

Upvote 0

The Hour IS AT HAND

Aug 21, 2023
Phoenix
Visit site
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are two different frameworks of time. Roughly, witnessed-time started when Adam opened his eyes. Space-time is measured by scientific calculations. Even scientifically, there is something funny about time.

I distinguish between these two perspectives of time. The Bible speaks of events that happened in the historical witnessed-time. Scientific research speaks in terms of space-time. Both are real as far as today's people are concerned. In terms of First-Order Logic, they are both true. Both are real depending on your perspective of time. It only proves God's creative power :)
And here from your OP.

Upvote 0

The Hour IS AT HAND

Aug 21, 2023
Phoenix
Visit site
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for quoting my words :)

What is the difference between "perspectives of time" and "time"?
The difference is your perspective is subjective and time itself is objective.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟89,433.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No but God did. Thank-you.
Right. So is space-time subjective? Can scientists measure it objectively?

Now can you distinguish between space-time and witnessed-time methods of measuring time?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The ones you are talking about. Yes of course they are. There no recorded History of them. These things are driven by explaining a billion year old history that didn’t exists not driven by evidence and documentation of the events. There was a flood that covered the entire earth. That is not made up. Recorded event by many sources. Maybe you confuse that with an ice age. The earth was created 6000 years ago. So how could there be an ice age before then unless it’s made up?
I find the flood explains many geological aspects around us except for scouring. How does one explain large rock surfaces that are scoured showing immense forces dragging hard surfaces against each other?
Unless it can be explained by a form of continental drift.
This has always perplexed me about the ice ages. Of course with an older Earth (Gap Theory) ice ages could have occurred and don't seem to conflict with anything in the Bible. Creation still happened, there doesn't need to be any silly/illogical/absurd/made up so people don't have to believe in God evolution; Genesis is intact. It just means around 6000 years ago things were renewed instead of created from scratch. This also easily explains the light from distant galaxies and how long it takes to get here (billions of years). There could have been many generations of life on Earth before us in 6000-7000 year periods.
What boggles my mind is how God doesn't get bored of our human limitations. That's got to be the biggest miracle in the universe. How does He put up with our moral weaknesses? If I was up there it would drive me nuts! He gives us everything important and most of us cast it aside.

• Winner
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The ones you are talking about. Yes of course they are. There no recorded History of them. These things are driven by explaining a billion year old history that didn’t exists not driven by evidence and documentation of the events. There was a flood that covered the entire earth. That is not made up. Recorded event by many sources. Maybe you confuse that with an ice age. The earth was created 6000 years ago. So how could there be an ice age before then unless it’s made up?
How would you explain scouring of large rock surfaces? A flood wouldn't do that. Can anything except glacier movement explain large areas that are scoured showing that a large surface was dragged across the face of another? This could all work in the Gap Theory not requiring evolution.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I find the flood explains many geological aspects around us except for scouring. How does one explain large rock surfaces that are scoured showing immense forces dragging hard surfaces against each other?
Unless it can be explained by a form of continental drift.
Today's winner.

Upvote 0