Heretical teachings of the Seventh Day Adventists

LarryP2

Mar 13, 2014
✟1,841.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
People in glass homes shouldn't throw stones.

Adventism has its problems, but so does your denomination. Legalism is everywhere....

]

Adventism has had more financial scandals, fraudulent doctrinal explosions, and revelations of organized theft every five years; than Orthodoxy has had in its entire 2,000 year history.

Adventism today has 10 million members.

Orthodoxy has 300 million.

Big Big difference. The jaw-dropping scandals that have annually rocked Seventh Day Adventism in just the last 30 years simply dwarf any other religious denomination in history on a per capita basis. The scandals resulting from Adventism's fraudulent doctrines, organization theft, and skulduggery dwarf the Roman Catholic sexual abuse scandals, and RC has over a billion members.

Just the horrific scandals resulting from Ellen White's plagiarism alone is proportionately akin to the Roman Catholic Church announcing that it had been lying about the Divinity of Christ for 2,000 years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
F

from scratch

People in glass homes shouldn't throw stones.

Adventism has its problems, but so does your denomination. Legalism is everywhere....

However, I learned the gospel (the good news) form two SDA Pastors:

Jack Sequeira and Morris Venden.

In fact the SDA church has within it the complete & restored gospel. I never heard the gospel outside the SDA church.

Of course there are many factions within the church and the majority, the Traditional/historic Adventists, drown out men like Jack & Morris. So not all SDA are true SDA.

It was the same with Israel of old. Listen to Paul:

Rom 9:1 I speak the truth in Christ--I am not lying, my conscience confirms it in the Holy Spirit-- 2 I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. 3 For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, those of my own race, 4 the people of Israel.....6 It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.
I quit living in someone else's glass house. ehehehehe And its wonderful to be free from the manipulation game played.

Upvote 0

Setyoufree

Mar 2, 2013
Southern USA
✟5,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is this bent-to-self stuff you're talking about?

You love yourself...screw everyone else. That's sin.....

Do you mean I work only for someone else leaving nothing for me?

Listen to your selfish self....I thought you were without sin?

Christ didn't whine...He didn't think of His self....He lived for all and in return He had nothing. There was no self-seeking in His life. In fact He gave up his life for His enemies.

If you were without sin you too would be living only for others....But instead you are thinking of yourself. That's you bent to self.....Hence, you are a sinner and you do have a nature.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

You love yourself...screw everyone else. That's sin.....

Listen to your selfish self....I thought you were without sin?

Christ didn't whine...He didn't think of His self....He lived for all and in return He had nothing. There was no self-seeking in His life. In fact He gave up his life for His enemies.

If you were without sin you too would be living only for others....But instead you are thinking of yourself. That's you bent to self.....Hence, you are a sinner and you do have a nature.
Dude you're a real gas. Haven't you heard the prez is eliminating methane gases?

Good night.

Upvote 0

Setyoufree

Mar 2, 2013
Southern USA
✟5,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Adventism has had more financial scandals, fraudulent doctrinal explosions, and revelations of organized theft every five years; than Orthodoxy has had in its entire 2,000 year history.

Adventism today has 10 million members.

Orthodoxy has 300 million.

Big Big difference. The scandals that have regularly rocked Seventh Day Adventism in just the last 30 years simply dwarf any other denomination on a per capita basis. The scandals resulting from Adventism's fraudulent doctrines, organization theft, and skulduggery dwarf the Roman Catholic sexual abuse scandals, and RC has a billion members.

So you guys are righteous?

I think Christ said he who is without sin cast the first stone? Yes, He said that....

Upvote 0

LarryP2

Mar 13, 2014
✟1,841.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So you guys are righteous?

I think Christ said he who is without sin cast the first stone? Yes, He said that....

Just listing some irrefutable historical facts in response to your deceitful line "People who live in glass houses......."

Upvote 0

Setyoufree

Mar 2, 2013
Southern USA
✟5,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dude you're a real gas. Haven't you heard the prez is eliminating methane gases?

Good night.

Is this the best answer you have?

Scratch, you aren't interested in truth. Like Job of old you are righteous in your own eyes. Only the Lord can turn you around, but I hope for your sake you don't have to learn the hard way.

Luke 18:9 To some who were confident of their own righteousnesshttp://www.biblestudytools.com/luke/18.html#cr-descriptionAnchor-8 and looked down on everybody else,http://www.biblestudytools.com/luke/18.html#cr-descriptionAnchor-9 Jesus told this parable: 10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray,http://www.biblestudytools.com/luke/18.html#cr-descriptionAnchor-10 one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood uphttp://www.biblestudytools.com/luke/18.html#cr-descriptionAnchor-11 and prayed abouthttp://www.biblestudytools.com/luke/18.html#fn-descriptionAnchor-a himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men--robbers, evildoers, adulterers--or even like this tax collector. 12 I fasthttp://www.biblestudytools.com/luke/18.html#cr-descriptionAnchor-12 twice a week and give a tenthhttp://www.biblestudytools.com/luke/18.html#cr-descriptionAnchor-13 of all I get.' 13 "But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breasthttp://www.biblestudytools.com/luke/18.html#cr-descriptionAnchor-14 and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'http://www.biblestudytools.com/luke/18.html#cr-descriptionAnchor-15 14 "I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."http://www.biblestudytools.com/luke/18.html#cr-descriptionAnchor-16

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Setyoufree

Mar 2, 2013
Southern USA
✟5,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just listing some irrefutable historical facts in response to your deceitful line "People who live in glass houses......."

Okay, does this make you feel more righteous? Instead of slamming them why not go, visit, and present the truth in kindness?

Upvote 0

Setyoufree

Mar 2, 2013
Southern USA
✟5,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Today I sold some goods for $5 that I should have charged more than $70. Yep that's out right plain selfish. Am I bragging? No! I provided service to a group of people today without seeking compensation? Is that self seeking and selfish?.

Yes....because you want some praise. Agape doesn't do anything for a selfish motive. Agape doesn't brag...it is not self-seeking.

In fact Paul gives an example of self-seeking:

1 Cor 13: If I give all I possess to the poor...but have not love, nothing is gained.

Doing good things for selfish reasons or motives isn't doing good....It's doing sin.

Keeping the law outwardly for a reward isn't agape based...it's iniquity based. It's doing something good for a reward. That's self-love....

So no matter how you dress up your works, you are a sinner in need of Savior. You need the righteousness of Christ through faith.

"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them."

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full."

Upvote 0

LarryP2

Mar 13, 2014
✟1,841.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Okay, does this make you feel more righteous? Instead of slamming them why not go, visit, and present the truth in kindness?

The church has been well aware that it simply has no honest reason to exist since Dudly Canright's Book "Seventh Day Adventism Renounced" was published in the 1880s. Canright was a high-ranking minister and administrator with the church for 30 years, before the rampant deceit that forms the organization's foundation became intolerable to him. None of his contentions about the fraudulent basis of every single important Adventist doctrine has ever been refuted.
http://members.tripod.com/~Help_for_SDAs/SDAism-RENOUNCED-by-D-M-Canright.html

The church has knowingly been promulgating deceitful doctrines that it knows are elaborate fairy tales for over 100 years. Just in the last 30 years, every single one of its "distinctive doctrines" have ONCE AGAIN been utterly demolished by its own honest theologians and pastors. It has fired thousands of them. They all confirm Canright's research that is now almost 130 years old:

http://www.bible.ca/7-sabbathgate-1888ad-Kerry-Wynne.htm
http://www.bible.ca/7-lying-for-god-Kerry-Wynne.htm
http://www.ellenwhiteexposed.com/1844rc.htm
http://www.ellenwhiteexposed.com/egw17.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Ford

It has had the "truth presented to them" more than enough times. It is a cult. The truth is not a priority for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Also On October 22, 1844, the SDAs believe Jesus entered the second and last phase of his atoning work.

Daniel 7 tells us that after the fall of the Pagan Roman empire and after 1260 years of dark-ages style persecution of the saints - comes the judgment in heaven where the "court sits and the books are opened".

Dan 7 says this must happen before the 2nd coming.

Daniel 8 and 9 pinpoint that time to 1844 and remind us that it is part of Christ's High Priestly ministry which He does "seated at the right hand of the Father" according to Heb 8:1-5.

2 Cor 5:10 for we must all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Rev 14:6-7 "The hour of his judgment has come"

I think there are two or three threads on this subject already.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm! In my copy the SDA organization is in the cult section of Walter Martins book - Kingdom of the Cults

In my copy they are in the appendix. And the preface reads as is posted on this thread.

Also in mine - Appendix "B" to be exact. Appendix A is one cult and Appendix C is another thus in the cult section.

So then you are purposely misleading in your posts? The reason that Martin put this in the appendix instead of the main section of the Cult's book is that in his own words - he does not accept SDAs as being a cult.

In that appendix he makes it clear - and you know it - so you don't quote his comments on that very point.

Here is his own preface to the SDA discussion

Walter Martin said:
Together with the Evangelical Foundation (founded by the late Dr. Donald Grey Barnhouse and publishers of the now-defunct Eternity magazine), we conducted a thorough new evaluation of the Seventh-day Adventists several years ago. The results of that new evaluation were presented comprehensively in the book The Truth About Seventh-day Adventism and then later in the previous editions of this volume.

It is my conviction that one cannot be a true Jehovah’s Witness, Mormon, Christian Scientist, etc., and be a Christian in the biblical sense of the term; but it is perfectly possible to be a Seventh-day Adventist and be a true follower of Jesus Christ despite certain heterodox concepts, which will be discussed.

Such Christian leaders as Louis T. Talbot, M. R. DeHaan, John R. Rice, Anthony A. Hoekema, J. K. Van Baalen, Herbert Bird, and John R. Gerstner have taken the position that Adventism is in fact a cult system; whereas, the late Donald Grey Barnhouse, myself, E. Schuyler English, and quite a few others have concluded the opposite.

Since the opposing view has had wide circulation over a long period of time, I felt it was necessary to include here Seventh-day Adventism as a proper counterbalance—presenting the other side of Adventism and representing the theology of Adventism as the Adventists themselves believe it and not as many critics have caricatured it.

How sad your tactic.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
as for the support of God's TEN Commandments - even the Baptist Confession of Faith thread started by ProgMonk - points to affirmation of the TEN Commandments as being included in the moral law of God applicable to the saints from Eden to this very day.

Which gets us to the Baptist Confession of Faith Thread -- #2

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

Setyoufree

Mar 2, 2013
Southern USA
✟5,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The church has knowingly been promulgating deceitful doctrines ......

Knowingly? When did you start reading motives? Maybe, if they are wrong, they are ignorance. There's a difference you know.

Like all denominations, no one has everything right. All need correcting, but that comes from the Spirit of God.

Upvote 0

Setyoufree

Mar 2, 2013
Southern USA
✟5,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Folks...God's people are in all churches in Christendom. Those who are honest will not say they have all truth. Truth is progressive.

Having said that honest SDA will admit that they are not all knowing. In fact Ellen White stated this many times during her life:

"The question has been asked me, 'Do you think that the Lord has any more light for us as a people?' I answer that He has light that is new to us, and yet it is precious old light that is to shine forth from the Word of truth (the Bible). We have only the glimmerings of the rays of the light that is yet to come to us." 1SM 401.2

So back in her day (1827-1915) she stated that the SDA church had only a small amount of truth. She didn't claim to know it all and a true SDA will not claim it either.

Here's another:

"There is no excuse for anyone in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible." CW 35

Upvote 0

Setyoufree

Mar 2, 2013
Southern USA
✟5,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's more from Ellen White:

"We have many lessons to learn, and many, many to unlearn. :doh: God and heaven alone are infallible. Those who think that they will never have to give up a cherished view, never have occasion to change an opinion, will be disappointed."

"The fact that there is no controversy or agitation among God’s people (she is speaking to SDA), should not be regarded as conclusive evidence that they are holding fast to sound doctrine. There is reason to fear that they may not be clearly discriminating between truth and error. When no new questions are started by investigation of the Scriptures, when no difference of opinion arises which will set men to searching the Bible for themselves, to make sure that they have the truth, there will be many now, as in ancient times, who will hold to tradition, and worship they know not what."

Upvote 0

LarryP2

Mar 13, 2014
✟1,841.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Knowingly? When did you start reading motives? Maybe, if they are wrong, they are ignorance. There's a difference you know.

Like all denominations, no one has everything right. All need correcting, but that comes from the Spirit of God.

In 1919, the Seventh Day Adventist General Conference met, and in a very candid, closed door meeting, the Church's leaders conceded among themselves that Ellen White was a pathological liar, an inveterate thief of other's writing, and a laughably inaccurate false prophet. The were also well aware that all Adventist doctrine was based on the quicksand of this false prophet. They knew that she was a colossal con artist. They elected to seal the transcript record of the meeting for 50 years. It was't rediscovered until the late 1970's. There was a great deal discussed in that meeting of techniques to be used to continue deceiving the Adventist membership, and particularly the seminary students.

Do you comprehend what has occurred there? This is not "ignorance." The transcripts prove a massive institutional intent to cover up one of the most massive deceits in religious history. And yes, I can "read their motives" right off of the transcript from that 1919 conference. Had they disclosed their beliefs about Ellen White to the membership, the SDA Church would have vanished overnight. They decided to just go on deceiving the membership and the seminary students. The Church was a great way to make a living.

There is no "ignorance" on display in that transcript.

Upvote 0