Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
blind faith in vaccines

Repeating nonsense doesn't make it profound.

Trusting a class of technology and treatment with billions of test subjects and millions of lives saved isn't an act of faith... it's the definition of reasonable.

The vaccine is dangerous as well

"The" singular? Which one? A multitude of vaccines from different teams, companies and countries with a statistically demonstrable success rate.

It's not perfection, but it is statistically effective.

As an analogy, there are people who have broken their neck due to the extra weight from a motorcycle helmet... but that doesn't mean that wearing them isn't vastly safer in almost every situation.

(EDIT: missed the word helmet, thanks Bradskii)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟258,523.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As an analogy, there are people who have broken their neck due to the extra weight from a motorcycle (helmet)... but that doesn't mean that wearing them isn't vastly safer in almost every situation.
I read one time that wearing a full face helmet if you come off a bike (I rode one for very many years) will protect your good looks if you face plant a kerb at speed. But your brain bounces around inside your skull and does some serious damage. But...if you wear on open face helmet, your face caves in and cushions the blow, ruining your good looks but saving your brain.

I always rode with a full helmet.

And the only time I came off? Somewhere in S. E. Asia in the 70's on a hire bike wearing sand shoes, shorts, a t shirt....and no helmet. Luckily it was on a hair pin bend and apart from some road rash there was no serious damage.

Reactions: Shemjaza
Upvote 0

Edwin Wright

Mar 23, 2023
Nova Scotia
Visit site
✟19,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Why can't you see the Southern Cross from your back garden? And why can't I see the North star from mine?

And a bonus question...

When you look at the moon as it rises and when I do the same, why is my view upside down compared to you?
Check out this video:

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟932,253.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Check out this video:

Doesn't work.

If it were a matter of only seeing it while looking up at it to the north or south as it hung in the middle over the plane then it would work... but it doesn't work that way. The moon is consistently oriented regardless of what direction you face it on each hemisphere.

It also doesn't explain why there is completely separate stars that seem to rotate around a point in the sky.

I can never see Polaris and you can't see Crux.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Doesn't work.

If it were a matter of only seeing it while looking up at it to the north or south as it hung in the middle over the plane then it would work... but it doesn't work that way. The moon is consistently oriented regardless of what direction you face it on each hemisphere.

It also doesn't explain why there is completely separate stars that seem to rotate around a point in the sky.

I can never see Polaris and you can't see Crux.
Obviously you live on the other side of the disk of the Earth where the Sun goes when we can't see it.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟932,253.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Obviously you live on the other side of the disk of the Earth where the Sun goes when we can't see it.
Weirdly we have Flat Earthers down here too, despite all the anomalies in the Southern Hemisphere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Edwin Wright

Mar 23, 2023
Nova Scotia
Visit site
✟19,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This is very sad Edwin. The creation of vaccine candidate over a weekend after the release of the SARS-CoV-2 genome was widely reported at the time (winter 2020). The vaccine they developed took 10 months before it went into release. There were safety tests, effectiveness tests, stage 2 & 3 trials and then production and distribution in the winter 2020/21. Were you sleeping that whole year? There is nothing in any "video" that will "refute" those basic facts.
Actually, I was not sleeping. I was trying to make sense of a woefully unrealistic development schedule. But the authorities kept saying "Follow the science, follow the science." OK, OK, here is the science and this is what happened, and we haven't even scratched the surface on this:

Reactions: JohnEmmett
Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟280,161.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Check out this video:

Amongst other pieces of nonsense in this video is the claim the Sun and Moon are also flat which raises a question regarding the Moon.
Libration completely destroys this idea.

Rather than explaining the mechanism for optical and physical libration a video tells a thousand words.

If you focus on the “edges” you will note the surface features pop into and out of view over one lunar cycle.
This indicates the Moon has a curvature as one can observe beyond the edges of a flat moon.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟258,523.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Check out this video:

That's why I asked why it's upside down when it rises above the horizon. If that guy had stuck the face on a ball and had it sitting on the floor (the horizon) and you were in his northern hemisphere, then let's that say that 'man in the moon' is upright. If I'm in the Southern hemisphere, then it's orientated exactly the same way. Upright. But 'the man in the moon' is upside down in Australia.

So that's a fail.

Now moving on to the the Southern Cross. I can see it but you can't. Why is that?

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟280,161.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's why I asked why it's upside down when it rises above the horizon. If that guy had stuck the face on a ball and had it sitting on the floor (the horizon) and you were in his northern hemisphere, then let's that say that 'man in the moon' is upright. If I'm in the Southern hemisphere, then it's orientated exactly the same way. Upright. But 'the man in the moon' is upside down in Australia.

So that's a fail.

Now moving on to the the Southern Cross. I can see it but you can't. Why is that?
A few years ago I did some monochrome imaging of an astronomical object but didn't have any colour data.
An American imager kindly provided the colour data which needed to be rotated 180 degrees before combining as his images of the object were upside down.
Since the object was south of the celestial equator I claim my monochrome images as being the right side up. :)

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟258,523.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A few years ago I did some monochrome imaging of an astronomical object but didn't have any colour data.
An American imager kindly provided the colour data which needed to be rotated 180 degrees before combining as his images of the object were upside down.
Since the object was south of the celestial equator I claim my monochrome images as being the right side up. :)
I bought a decent pair of binoculars for my son many years ago. The guy in the shop said start with these and if he's interested then move up to telescopes later. So we spent some time examining the moon that evening. And having a problem picking out specific areas. And then there was a little light bulb moment. Ah, the map I'm using is upside down...

Took me 30 seconds with a diagram on a piece of paper to show him why it worked like that. How come a ten year old can understand it in less than a minute and people don't get it after a lifetime?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟280,161.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I bought a decent pair of binoculars for my son many years ago. The guy in the shop said start with these and if he's interested then move up to telescopes later. So we spent some time examining the moon that evening. And having a problem picking out specific areas. And then there was a little light bulb moment. Ah, the map I'm using is upside down...

Took me 30 seconds with a diagram on a piece of paper to show him why it worked like that. How come a ten year old can understand it in less than a minute and people don't get it after a lifetime?
I'm glad you didn't try turning your binoculars upside down or not removing the lens caps as per a certain US president.

DnQ1BnaUYAAZXP_.jpg

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Actually, I was not sleeping. I was trying to make sense of a woefully unrealistic development schedule. But the authorities kept saying "Follow the science, follow the science." OK, OK, here is the science and this is what happened, and we haven't even scratched the surface on this:

Not interested in some video of some random dude. The rapid prototyping of a vaccine and the testing are well reported in media accounts. stop this.

Upvote 0

Edwin Wright

Mar 23, 2023
Nova Scotia
Visit site
✟19,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Not interested in some video of some random dude. The rapid prototyping of a vaccine and the testing are well reported in media accounts. stop this.
OK, never mind the video, here is the citation and link to the actual peer-reviewed paper in a leading European journal:

TY - JOUR
AU - Schmeling, Max
AU - Manniche, Vibeke
AU - Hansen, Peter
PY - 2023/03/30
SP -
T1 - Batch‐dependent safety of the BNT162b2 mRNA Covid‐19 vaccine
DO - 10.1111/eci.13998
JO - European Journal of Clinical Investigation
ER -

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Have Geocentrists just accepted the Heliocentric structure of the Solar system while maintaining other unconventional ideas like Young Earth Creationism or space skepticism; or have they gone all the way into the almost universal science denial of Flat Earth ideas?

It could be both.

That is, God created the universe geocentric; then, later on, changed it.

Kinda like snapping your fingers, and the merry-go-round becomes a tilt-a-whirl.

So while Joshua and David record a geocentric universe, later observations show something new.

Note here what God can do ...

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

If He is going to "shake the powers of the heavens" in the future, He could have shaken them in the past.

IF this is indeed what happened, then a good question is:

When did God change the universe from geocentric to what it is now?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
OK, never mind the video, here is the citation and link to the actual peer-reviewed paper in a leading European journal:

TY - JOUR
AU - Schmeling, Max
AU - Manniche, Vibeke
AU - Hansen, Peter
PY - 2023/03/30
SP -
T1 - Batch‐dependent safety of the BNT162b2 mRNA Covid‐19 vaccine
DO - 10.1111/eci.13998
JO - European Journal of Clinical Investigation
ER -

Again (and I can't believe I have to repeat this very simple statement) I wasn't talking about the results of the 10 months of testing or whether it had been done right, or it was really safe, or the effectiveness of the vaccine or anything like that. I merely made a statement about the rapid prototyping and the length of the testing period. That is all.

Upvote 0