United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nitwit professor removed

Firstly Mosab isn't a professor, and he isn't a nitwit. Thank you.

His dad was one of the original founders of Hamas in 1987 and he was of course himself in the organization, at one point he was also helping Israel, before finally leaving the organization for good.

He just got his US citizenship last year, and is here now. He is claiming conversion to Christianity, but he's not saved yet - my opinion only because I have been where he is spiritually. He does greatly appreciate the world view though.

He's well informed on the politics of Hamas, and being a Palestinian Arab quite close to the situation, his input can be invaluable though he has his own issues with Hamas what being so close to some very bad things.

Since he is openly speaking and living in a place of safety (there's a price on his head, his blood is considered justified to take) I thought the thread would benefit by hearing from him.

Last edited:
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Firstly Mosab isn't a professor, and he isn't a nitwit. Thank you.

His dad was one of the original founders of Hamas in 1987 and he was of course himself in the organization, at one point he was also helping Israel, before finally leaving the organization for good.

He just got his US citizenship last year, and is here now. He is claiming conversion to Christianity, but he's not saved yet - my opinion only because I have been where he is spiritually. He does greatly appreciate the world view though.

He's well informed on the politics of Hamas, and being a Palestinian Arab quite close to the situation, his input can be invaluable though he has his own issues with Hamas what being so close to some very bad things.

Since he is openly speaking and living in a place of safety (there's a price on his head, his blood is considered justified to take) I thought the thread would benefit by hearing from him.
I was speaking of Jordo. Who is definitely a nitwit, but I did forget that he quit his job to work full time as a cultural grifter.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nothing about the accuracy of the report, just poisoning the well?
The "reporting" was a link to a site that I will not click. No summary, no nothing. Just bog standard "Soros did something" dog whistles.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟701,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was speaking of Jordo. Who is definitely a nitwit, but I did forget that he quit his job to work full time as a cultural grifter.

Everyone and their brother has done interviews with Mosab but Jordan there doesn't cuss ..

So many people cuss these days I keep note of who doesn't and pull from them when warranted instead of people who have to be vetted for content.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Everyone and their brother has done interviews with Mosab but Jordan there doesn't cuss ..

So many people cuss these days I keep note of who doesn't and pull from them when warranted instead of people who have to be vetted for content.
I don't know what "cussing" has to do with anything. Never heard of this Mosab and I'm not interested in him. Peterson isn't worth listening to.

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what "cussing" has to do with anything. Never heard of this Mosab and I'm not interested in him. Peterson isn't worth listening to.
It has to do with what you can post without getting banned

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟323,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There aren't 700,000 dead in Ukraine, even if you include all of the dead Russians. For civilians in Ukraine it is not even close to that number.
Civilian deaths in Ukraine are estimated around 11,000-20,000 in over two years of war. Over 30,000 Palestinians have died in the past 6 months.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Civilian deaths in Ukraine are estimated around 11,000-20,000 in over two years of war. Over 30,000 Palestinians have died in the past 6 months.
According to who?
Never mind I found it.
Figures come from the Ministry of Health. A branch of the Hamas run government. I’m sure we can trust their figures

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟701,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

What cussing has to do with anything? Posting on Christian Forums... This is a Christian forum. No cussing on any video or any link unless it comes from the news like Fox, and Fox isn't generally acceptable to liberals

But I suppose you could have finished with the above quote from you here. I was going to give you a complete indepth answer right after dinner to your reply to me because I thought you were interested in the topic I was speaking about.

If you're not interested in the topic why respond at all to me?

This is the one topic I know everything about and I was excited you were interested.

But nevermind. Not a topic you even care about.. wow. Yet you have an opinion. Maybe this is what is wrong with our country.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What cussing has to do with anything? Posting on Christian Forums... This is a Christian forum. No cussing on any video or any link unless it comes from the news like Fox, and Fox isn't generally acceptable to liberals
What does "cussing" have to do with my post? Why did you mention "cussing" in reply to me?
But I suppose you could have finished with the above quote from you here. I was going to give you a complete indepth answer right after dinner to your reply to me because I thought you were interested in the topic I was speaking about.

If you're not interested in the topic why respond at all to me?
I was interested in the first part of your post, but not in anything to do with Jordan Peterson.
This is the one topic I know everything about and I was excited you were interested.

But nevermind. Not a topic you even care about.. wow. Yet you have an opinion. Maybe this is what is wrong with our country.
That and reading comprehension.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟701,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
was interested in the first part of your post, but not in anything to do with Jordan Peterson.

Nothing to do with JP, everything to do with the topic.

Some of the things I know, I only know because I lived them. So I back up anything I say that doesn't have a direct link to someone else who also lived what I did or something similar.

It also helps to bring a fuller idea of realities to a situation that some of us see quite differently than a... Spoiled little western raised rich kid, for instance.. (I was one myself I suppose. I just learned the hard way)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟323,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
According to who?
Never mind I found it.
Figures come from the Ministry of Health. A branch of the Hamas run government. I’m sure we can trust their figures
Do you have a better source? I'm aware of the potential for bias in the data (though their casualty counts have generally been considered accurate prior to the October 7th attacks), and I certainly take the numbers with some grain of salt. I'm also conscious of the fact that they don't differentiate between militants and civilians. However, I have no reason to believe that they're wildly inaccurate based on the known population density and scale of the strikes that we've seen. I would not be surprised if the civilian death toll in Gaza was at least on par with that of Ukraine, despite Ukraine having been at war for 4x as long.

ETA: the primary concerns with the absolute death toll counts in Gaza are that they are an extreme undercount - the MoH's primary method of data collection has become significantly less robust as hospitals have closed and emergency personnel have left areas of Gaza, and they've instead had to rely more on media reports for estimates, which are less reliable - both because they are more likely to double-count casualties and because they are more likely to report civilian deaths than militants or suspected militants. See, for example, this critical analysis: Gaza Fatality Data Has Become Completely Unreliable

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nothing to do with JP, everything to do with the topic.

Some of the things I know, I only know because I lived them. So I back up anything I say that doesn't have a direct link to someone else who also lived what I did or something similar.

It also helps to bring a fuller idea of realities to a situation that some of us see quite differently than a... Spoiled little western raised rich kid, for instance.. (I was one myself I suppose. I just learned the hard way)
I don't know any spoiled rich kids.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you have a better source? I'm aware of the potential for bias in the data (though their casualty counts have generally been considered accurate prior to the October 7th attacks), and I certainly take the numbers with some grain of salt. I'm also conscious of the fact that they don't differentiate between militants and civilians. However, I have no reason to believe that they're wildly inaccurate based on the known population density and scale of the strikes that we've seen. I would not be surprised if the civilian death toll in Gaza was at least on par with that of Ukraine, despite Ukraine having been at war for 4x as long.

ETA: the primary concerns with the absolute death toll counts in Gaza are that they are an extreme undercount - the MoH's primary method of data collection has become significantly less robust as hospitals have closed and emergency personnel have left areas of Gaza, and they've instead had to rely more on media reports for estimates, which are less reliable - both because they are more likely to double-count casualties and because they are more likely to report civilian deaths than militants or suspected militants. See, for example, this critical analysis: Gaza Fatality Data Has Become Completely Unreliable
Is
the Washington Institute conservative or liberal?

It has bipartisan support in the US, though it is closer ideologically to the Democratic Party and generally opposes neoconservative policy.

Upvote 0

Slibhin

Apr 8, 2024
Toronto
✟4,334.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
No, what he is saying is that after this, he doesn't want a self determining Palestinian state. Gaza last elected a terrorist organization to govern... Let's get real, it's not a good sign.

He is suggesting Jordan and other Arab nations to handle governing what is currently considered Palestine last I heard, though Mosab Yousef has suggested Israel simply govern the land themselves (I don't believe that's workable, it will need to be Arabs).

It's an extreme position perhaps - but what do you do with a citizenry who all believe you don't have a right to live in the land next door, if the right to live at all.

I don't know myself, I'm still for a self determining Palestinian state, but I also agree that first there needs to be a way to have an Arab interim government that isn't extremist who can help to gather a sense of order and normalcy back to Palestinian life, and help them to make a sensible governance that will prosper them.

There has to be a way to calm the extremism down, and teach a more moderate Islam than is currently on menu there.

There's work being done on this front and some hope in the Abraham Accords, which are miraculously holding.

But I've never heard Netanyahu or anyone else call for the death of all Palestinians... Ever.

Catching some of what someone says without understanding the fullness of the situation that is being discussed is not the way to understand what is really happening, you have to listen to entire speeches and then research and research until you are sure you grasp the entirety of what is being discussed.

I understand it feels great to support people in need, but Palestinians need to be rid of Hamas and extremism before they can truly be helped on a positive path to self governance.

But I would also agree with you, if it [extremism] can never be rooted out in the Palestinian areas one of the 2 sides will end up all dead.

Our goal is to prevent this... But you can't prevent that by supporting Hamas and supporting or promoting policies that help to keep Hamas in power.

How is your Hebrew? Are you from Israel? I'm an Israeli and I'm telling you his collation of extremists have flat out said they want Palestine gone and to seize the land. They constantly move in Jewish settlers who bulldoze Palestinian homes and have committed rape and murder against them without punishment. If Netanyahu wants them to be self determinating he has a funny way of showing it by moving said settlers on to it.

Netanyahu supported and helped keep Hamas in power because it served his political goals, and now it bit him in the you know what. Israeli citizens want him out and he's using this "war" so he can cling to power, because as soon as he leaves he'll be facing a slew of corruption charges of which he's sure to be found guilty. Do you really think he is going to go on TV and just say he wants to commit ethnic cleansing?

If you call an election where a gun is pointed at your face a real election, then I guess you can say they elected Hamas. Half of Palestine is under 18 and has never known and other government. No one is supporting Hamas, and Zionists who insist on making supporting Palestinian rights the same as supporting Hamas are just trying to poison the well. The problems in Palestine have nothing to do with Islam... and I assure you I am not a fan of Islam, and everything to do with the prison like conditions and human rights abuses they live with day to day. Palestinians can't do anything about Hamas because they lack any means to force them out, and speaking up gets you killed.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟323,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Is
the Washington Institute conservative or liberal?

It has bipartisan support in the US, though it is closer ideologically to the Democratic Party and generally opposes neoconservative policy.
Do you have a point? I'd never even heard of the Washington Institute prior to reading that article - I went looking for 3rd-party analysis of the MoH fatality figures, and they were the only one I could find that went further than "MoH is Hamas!!!!111!!!!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0