Minnesota
✟221,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
President Biden has given Texas Governor Greg Abbott a 24-hour deadline to allow federal agents to clear out Eagle Pass or "face consequences," according to Texas Congressman Wesley Hunt.
I think Joe is making a mistake by not waiting to hear the Supreme Court decision. This is the time for prudence. It could be he and his people think the Court will rule against them.

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think Joe is making a mistake by not waiting to hear the Supreme Court decision.
I thought this was already decided. This is a result of a dysfunctional government after so many years of inaction. With inaction, you have extreme measures. Finally, it has become an issue for Biden now that mayors are talking to him. No Texas shouldn't absorb all these immigrants either it's a good idea to bus them to other cities so they can recognize the problem at the border.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟221,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I thought this was already decided. This is a result of a dysfunctional government after so many years of inaction. With inaction, you have extreme measures. Finally, it has become an issue for Biden now that mayors are talking to him. No Texas shouldn't absorb all these immigrants either it's a good idea to bus them to other cities so they can recognize the problem at the border.
"The ruling is temporary as the case continues through the courts: at issue is razor wire installed by Texas to prevent migrants from crossing the Rio Grande river, which federal Border Patrol agents cut through, prompting the state to sue the federal government."

Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟104,761.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
President Biden has given Texas Governor Greg Abbott a 24-hour deadline to allow federal agents to clear out Eagle Pass or "face consequences," according to Texas Congressman Wesley Hunt.
I think Joe is making a mistake by not waiting to hear the Supreme Court decision. This is the time for prudence. It could be he and his people think the Court will rule against them.

Funny that THIS is news worthy to begin with. I know not which country on earth besides America & a few Western European nations that discourage securing their national borders. This migrant crisis is only an issue because it was made political. A border of a nation should be inviolable. It is what makes a nation a nation. It is the duty of the administration of the nation to protect said border.

If you look at it from a national sovereignty perspective it should have been unanimous across the political spectrum that illegal immigration is as the word implies ILLEGAL. There shouldn't be a need to be an opposing political issue. Yet it is.

You don't get to waltz into a country without proper documentation. I don't get to fly into Japan without my passport and the agreement between my country and Japan on visa requirements. Regardless of how much I would like to visit Japan or like to work there.

Before someone start saying "what about refugees?", there is also a process for that. People who claim refugee status must be able to prove it. And from what I see those who cross multiple nations just to come to the US borders can hardly be called refugees. What are they taking refuge from besides economic? Why can't they settle down at the first safe nation like Mexico or Panama? The reasons are obvious. They wanted the "good" life not safety.

Even if there are genuine refugees what gives them the right to bypass the border check? If refugees are truly who they say they are then there shouldn't be a need to bypass the checkpoints.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Funny that THIS is news worthy to begin with. I know not which country on earth besides America & a few Western European nations that discourage securing their national borders. This migrant crisis is only an issue because it was made political.
I'll write you in as President.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟104,761.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'll write you in as President.
Sorry but I'm not born American nor am I interested in politics. To be in politics is akin to making a bargain with the devil. To see white as black and wrong as right. So long as it keeps you in power anything is permissible. Principled politicians are misnomers.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟462,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's become an issue for Biden because it is an election year. He entirely abdicated the border issue until now.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟710,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's become an issue for Biden because it is an election year. He entirely abdicated the border issue until now.

Not really. He ran on flooding the country with "migrants", and people cheered over the idea of it.

They're only allowing dissent in media now because all those people cheering when Biden ran on this issue, have suddenly come to understand a little better what we meant when we said this was a very bad thing for American citizens, after 3 years of the country being overrun with migrants.

So now that the blind can see, we can say why it's very bad, with proof of why. It's a bit like I told you so... But it's only because even the hard left is wanting the brakes on now. Otherwise they would never be letting anyone say boo about it.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It has been an ongoing issue on both sides for the vote. They love tugging our chains. on every issue we faced for the last 20 years. If you take a look at history and think about why we talk about the same issues at every election cycle even when we had a unified government (chart below) for both Republicans and Democrats. The rider dangles the carrot and the jackass (American people) follows along.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟199,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not really. He ran on flooding the country with "migrants", and people cheered over the idea of it.
Not true. And not true.
They're only allowing dissent in media now because all those people cheering when Biden ran on this issue, have suddenly come to understand a little better what we meant when we said this was a very bad thing for American citizens, after 3 years of the country being overrun with migrants.
Also not true, and not true. “Overrun with migrants?” You’re saying more about you and your beliefs than reflecting the facts of the situation.

So now that the blind can see, we can say why it's very bad, with proof of why. It's a bit like I told you so... But it's only because even the hard left is wanting the brakes on now. Otherwise they would never be letting anyone say boo about it.
Also, not happening.

This all reads like one long conspiracy theory, fed to the masses who don’t want to learn anything beyond sound bites, but preys on the fear that comes with the lack of knowledge, and are scared of “poisoning the blood of our country.”

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟462,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It has been an ongoing issue on both sides for the vote. They love tugging our chains. on every issue we faced for the last 20 years. If you take a look at history and think about why we talk about the same issues at every election cycle even when we had a unified government (chart below) for both Republicans and Democrats. The rider dangles the carrot and the jackass (American people) follows along.

I cannot recall nor find evidence in a cursory search about the last time the border/immigration violation was a serious election issue. It certainly wasn't in recent years. Joe Biden just abdicated his Constitutional responsibility to protect the borders entirely, with Texas taking the major hit, given its size and location. I guess Biden thought the media would continue to cover for him as it has on all issues since his last campaign from the basement. But the entire country found out anyway and even Democrats are now challenging him to enforce the laws - three years too late.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I cannot recall nor find evidence in a cursory search about the last time the border/immigration violation was a serious election issue.
As I recall Republicans made it an Issue during Obama.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟221,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As to our border, there's never before been anything close to this international human disaster. Democrats in hard hit areas like Chicago and New York City and along the border are pleading for Joe to take action. Nor has there ever been such a cover-up nor such dishonesty from an administration about the border.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As to our border, there's never before been anything close to this international human disaster. Democrats in hard hit areas like Chicago and New York City and along the border are pleading for Joe to take action. Nor has there ever been such a cover-up nor such dishonesty from an administration about the border.
I understand that and as the divide grows politicians will become more extreme in their politics. Can you list some of Trump's extremism?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As to our border, there's never before been anything close to this international human disaster. Democrats in hard hit areas like Chicago and New York City and along the border are pleading for Joe to take action.
Don't get me wrong I do believe in borders and pray that our politicians can be focused on addressing the issue. Until we the people can come together and make our politicians talk to each other and solve it we'll see extremist policies. Democrats have to understand that open borders are not the answer and Republicans have to understand the total shutdown of borders is not the answer.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟199,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nor has there ever been such a cover-up nor such dishonesty from an administration about the border.

“I would build a great wall -- and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me -- and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall.”

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟462,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh it was mentioned occasionally, but was nothing like 8 million people pouring over the border include untold tens of thousands of those who got away. This current situation is unprecedented.

From 2012: "However, several opinion polls conducted before the election reveal that the economy and healthcare — not immigration — were the dominant issues on the minds of Hispanics who voted in the 2012 election. In fact, multiple polling firms reported that likely and registered Hispanic voters listed immigration as only the fifth most important issue to them. According to a USA Today/Gallup poll released in June, only 12% of registered Hispanic voters stated that immigration policy was the issue most important to them, taking a backseat to “healthcare” (21%), “unemployment” (19%), “economic growth” (17%), and “the gap between the rich and the poor” (16%). (USA Today/Gallup Poll, June 25, 2012)

Campaigning primarily on the economy, most candidates limited their discussion of immigration to their Party’s standard talking points on amnesty, immigration enforcement, and border security. For example, candidates either appeared adamantly opposed to amnesty, or supported what they denied was an amnesty, but claimed was rather a path to legal status by getting to the end of the line and paying a fine.

Upvote 0