Montgomery
✟145,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The logic of the Israeli government is to blame Gaza for everything.

Do you TRULY think Israel would say "Yes, those are our mass graves we buried where we executed and tortured those people". I mean, there are videos of IDF agents entering hospitals to carry out operations.

You'll forgive me if I treat IDF statements with like toliet paper.
I treat the UN with skepticism. How many times have they condemned Israel vs Hamas? How many times have they condemned Iran or North Korea?
Did you ever consider that the IDF has to enter hospitals because Hamas uses them for cover then uses the videos you speak of as propaganda?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this how the right deals with speech they don't like:

View attachment 347010

I have NO idea how to take this party seriously anymore. It seems every last principle they endorse, doesn't actually mean anything to them.
Several viral posts exaggerated what DeSantis actually said, claiming that he pledged to personally "expel all students from Florida schools if they protest Israel."
DeSantis said that protesters that harass Jewish students or staff or otherwise violate appropriate conduct are going to be expelled from Florida’s public universities.
Didn’t you tell someone to use Google? Good advice. Try it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟372,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I treat the UN with skepticism.
But not the IDF.
In war, that makes sense; why trust a third party?

How many times have they condemned Israel vs Hamas?
Not nearly enough considering how Israel has treated Palestinians over the last few decades.

Keeping in mind that the UN doesn't condemn countries if they stole their chocolate ice cream.

How many times have they condemned Iran or North Korea?
A few times but it's been made very very clear that people who support Israel are unable to identify things that Israel has done that are bad.

It happens again and again in this thread.
But to satiate your curiousity....North Korea 9. Iran...harder to find that number.

Did you ever consider that the IDF has to enter hospitals because Hamas uses them for cover then uses the videos you speak of as propaganda?
They don' t "have to" enter bubkiss. They are not FORCED to enter hospitals. They do, but there is no obligation to do so.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟372,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Several viral posts exaggerated what DeSantis actually said, claiming that he pledged to personally "expel all students from Florida schools if they protest Israel."
DeSantis said that protesters that harass Jewish students or staff or otherwise violate appropriate conduct are going to be expelled from Florida’s public universities.
Didn’t you tell someone to use Google? Good advice. Try it

Yup. Fair point. Definitely should have looked into that one further.

I'm not sure that he has a healthy ethos either.

It's so weird to me that a chunk of the American right protect Israel with such ferver, but if you slide a little further down the spectrum on the right, they want all the jews killed.

Weird that.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But not the IDF.
In war, that makes sense; why trust a third party?

Not nearly enough considering how Israel has treated Palestinians over the last few decades.

Keeping in mind that the UN doesn't condemn countries if they stole their chocolate ice cream.

A few times but it's been made very very clear that people who support Israel are unable to identify things that Israel has done that are bad.

It happens again and again in this thread.
But to satiate your curiousity....North Korea 9. Iran...harder to find that number.

They don' t "have to" enter bubkiss. They are not FORCED to enter hospitals. They do, but there is no obligation to do so.
I just think the IDF should be given at least the consideration you give Hamas.
North Korea condemned 9 times and Israel condemned 10 times. Okay.
No the IDF doesn’t have to enter hospitals, unless they want to eradicate Hamas

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It's so weird to me that a chunk of the American right protect Israel with such ferver, but if you slide a little further down the spectrum on the right, they want all the jews killed.

Weird that.
The far left and the far right have one thing in common, they both hate Jews

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟372,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The far left and the far right have one thing in common, they both hate Jews
The far left?
I just think the IDF should be given at least the consideration you give Hamas.
I don't think you understand my message. You seem to believe that I think Hamas is, in ANY way, righteous. I do NOT think Hamas is righteous.
I also don't think the IDF is righteous. The main difference is the IDF have the physical power, the political clout, the technological support to do unbelievable damage while Hamas, simply does not.
And that is exactly what is happenning.

Do I believe Hamas has used human shields? Yes I do. Do I believe Hamas has openly called for the killing of Israelis, yes I do. They aren't "good" guys. HOWEVER, Israel has demonstrated that there are some pretty low basements it is willing to delve in when it comes to justifying their treatment of Gazans.

Does that clarity change anything?
North Korea condemned 9 times and Israel condemned 10 times. Okay.
Yes. 10 times. For good reason.

No the IDF doesn’t have to enter hospitals, unless they want to eradicate Hamas
...right now.

Those people aren't going to stay in the hospital forever. And what of stories of international doctors who claim the OPPOSITE of what is being said by the IDF? While listening to the evening news yesterday on CBC they interviewed a Norweigen doctor who had been at the hosptial for a few years and he stated that Hamas does NOT have a presence in the hospital.

I'm also curious:
Do you honestly not see how it could be perceived that this genocide is could easily be seen as another land grab by Israel?

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The far left?

I don't think you understand my message. You seem to believe that I think Hamas is, in ANY way, righteous. I do NOT think Hamas is righteous.
I also don't think the IDF is righteous. The main difference is the IDF have the physical power, the political clout, the technological support to do unbelievable damage while Hamas, simply does not.
And that is exactly what is happenning.

Do I believe Hamas has used human shields? Yes I do. Do I believe Hamas has openly called for the killing of Israelis, yes I do. They aren't "good" guys. HOWEVER, Israel has demonstrated that there are some pretty low basements it is willing to delve in when it comes to justifying their treatment of Gazans.

Does that clarity change anything?

Yes. 10 times. For good reason.

...right now.

Those people aren't going to stay in the hospital forever. And what of stories of international doctors who claim the OPPOSITE of what is being said by the IDF? While listening to the evening news yesterday on CBC they interviewed a Norweigen doctor who had been at the hosptial for a few years and he stated that Hamas does NOT have a presence in the hospital.

I'm also curious:
Do you honestly not see how it could be perceived that this genocide is could easily be seen as another land grab by Israel?
It could be seen a lot of ways. I’m surprised Iran hasn’t been more involved. Israel may be guilty of war crimes, I don’t know but I understand what they are trying to do and why.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟372,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It could be seen a lot of ways. I’m surprised Iran hasn’t been more involved. Israel may be guilty of war crimes, I don’t know but I understand what they are trying to do and why.
I understand what they are trying to do and why. The whole situation started as a cluster expletive where outsiders suffered and were just supposed to shut up and move along (waaaay back in the 40s when the land was annexed).

The set up was just never going to work. There are a lot of things I know about this conflict, and some things that "I know". Nobody looks flattering.

So all I am willing to do is look at a STRAIGHT UP body count and negative affect account....and on that side, Israel, throughout history, has been tyrannical (even though it certainly has TRIED on a couple of occasions to be concilliatory, I do think that some of its citizens fully believe in the Jewish birthright to that land and in doing so, would have no problems doing awful things to Gazans in the strip or west bank (which, in turn will have Gazans feel the same).

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand what they are trying to do and why. The whole situation started as a cluster expletive where outsiders suffered and were just supposed to shut up and move along (waaaay back in the 40s when the land was annexed).

The set up was just never going to work. There are a lot of things I know about this conflict, and some things that "I know". Nobody looks flattering.

So all I am willing to do is look at a STRAIGHT UP body count and negative affect account....and on that side, Israel, throughout history, has been tyrannical (even though it certainly has TRIED on a couple of occasions to be concilliatory, I do think that some of its citizens fully believe in the Jewish birthright to that land and in doing so, would have no problems doing awful things to Gazans in the strip or west bank (which, in turn will have Gazans feel the same).
There are some that feel entitled and there are some that support the Palestinians. Unfortunately some of the ones that support them were among the victims on October 7th

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟440,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I guess he means that it won't be tolerated anymore.

I guess he doesn't support free speech on college campuses anymore.

Anyone who didn't see this coming was warned shortly after Charlottesville and the whole "punch a nazi" hullabaloo.

Now the nazis are brown and liberal.

We can either embrace freedom of speech with reasonable restraints regarding violence (real violence, not the imaginary violence that the left inflates out of nowhere)....or you know, not....and throw these particular nazis off campus and ostracize them from any profitable future employment.

Don't tell me "jews will not replace us" is somehow more violent and threatening than "from the river to the sea". One is an imaginary chant of resistance against imaginary repression....the other is a call for the annihilation of an entire nation.

I'll agree this is hypocritical of Abbott and I think it's not a great move. I also understand he's simply playing the game roughly 50% of the nation was dumb enough to insist upon back in 2017.

People were told this knife cuts both ways.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟440,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

You don't understand much if you think the land was annexed back in the 40s.

People tend to forget that multiple nations were formed post Ottoman collapse and frankly, have been subject to rather bad mismanagement and war all without the presence of Jewish people.

If we're being honest here...the idea that the region would be a peaceful bastion of prosperity....or even just peaceful....had this whole "Israel" thing never happened is pretty naive and fanciful.

The wartime expectations of every nation....

1. All but western democracies....total war. Commit genocide, destroy entire nations, take all they have for your own, the most we will do in most cases is the imposition of sanctions.

2. Western democracies, overwhelming force. Annihilate all enemies in the region, try to leave the women and children alive (though tens of thousands of accidents will happen), and when it gets too expensive....abandon the populace to whatever forces would subjugate them.

3. Israel alone, don't ever kill more of your enemies than they killed in Israel, provide food and water to your enemies, as well as medical, electrical, and all other necessary supplies. Maintain your enemies, and give them another 70 years to see if they "come around" and decide to be friendly.

• Winner
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟372,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
There are some that feel entitled and there are some that support the Palestinians. Unfortunately some of the ones that support them were among the victims on October 7th
And many who want peace and to be left alone have been killed since that day.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟659,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Biden administration is making plans to bring some of them here.
If they can make it into Mexico to cross the border into the USA, they'll have it made, just like people from every other country in the world.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If they can make it into Mexico to cross the border into the USA, they'll have it made, just like people from every other country in the world.
If they have relatives in the US Biden is going to fly them here, it’ll be much easier for them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟659,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If they have relatives in the US Biden is going to fly them here, it’ll be much easier for them.
I wonder if he'll also get them enrolled in one of the great universities that have been making the news lately (with tuition pre-forgiven).

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Weird that.

Because it's not antisemitism that is viewed as the problem. It's criticism of Israel that is the problem.

While Dispensationalism didn't get very far outside of the Plymouth Brethren in Britain and Ireland, it gained massive popularity across the Atlantic. One of the early American converts to Dispensationalism was Dwight L. Moody, an itinerant preacher who went on to found a Bible college to train up ministers, Moody Bible Institute, and it became one of the earliest centers of American Dispensationalism. Through Moody's influence, the lawyer-turned-minister Cyrus Scofield adopted the new theological system, and went on to publish the Scofield Reference Bible, its commentary and notes explicitly Dispensationalist--published in 1909. The Scofield Reference Bible was immensely popular, and was one of the chief instruments which led many in North America to adopting the strange new theology. In the 1920's Dallas Theological Seminary opened its doors, founded by Lewis Sperry Chafer (an associate of Cyrus Scofield) and his brother. It, along with Moody Bible Institute, along with the Scofield Reference Bible, resulted in entire generations of Dispensationalist ministers and theologians.

For those unaware, Dispensationalism is a theological system as well as a system of biblical hermeneutics that emerged in the 1800's within the Plymouth Brethren, a very conservative religious sect that began in Ireland as a break-off from Anglicanism (or, more specifically, the Church of Ireland, the Irish branch of Anglicanism), under the leadership of ex-Anglican priest John Nelson Darby. While Darby, like anyone, didn't exist in a vacuum, the unique ideas and biblical interpretations which are called Dispensationalism are a product of Darby's mind. Here is a brief outline of Dispensationalism:

Dispensationalism maintains that the history of God's dealings with the world, and humanity specifically, can be divided into a series of dispensations; each dispensation indicates different ways in which God interacted and dealt with people. In traditional Dispensationalist thought by understanding these dispensations one can understand the Bible better, different parts of the Bible were written under--and for--different dispensations. Under this schema, the promises made to Abraham involved the Jews receiving the land, and the covenant and promises concerning the nation of Israel. In Classic Dispensationalism, the coming of the Messiah was supposed to inaugurate a messianic age and bring about a full restoration to the nation of Israel. However there was wrench thrown into the system, Jesus as the Messiah was not heralded as the new messianic king, and instead Jesus was rejected by the religious leaders and the majority of the people, and instead Jesus was handed over to Pilate to be crucified. This, in essence, created what we might call God's Plan B. The rejection of Jesus would result in God taking Jesus' death, and then Jesus' resurrection to help inaugurate a new dispensation, a "Dispensation of Grace" which woulc see God temporarily turn away from His project with Israel since the time of Abraham and more fully since Moses, and instead turn His attention toward non-Jewish or Gentile people.

And under this new Dispensation of Grace God created a new distinct group of people, called the Church, a very different thing than Israel. So God had one group of people He was working with, Israel; and now He has a second, the Church. But the point of the Church was to be a "time of the Gentiles", a literal parenthesis in God's plans. The Dispensation of Grace is temporary, a literal parenthis that would exist until the time God begins again working with Israel as His chief project again.

In order for God to return back to dealing with Israel, several things need to happen. Most importantly, the Church has to go, that's what "The Rapture" is. All those books, movies, preachers, etc all talking about "The Rapture" where Christians vanish from the earth because Jesus took them up into heaven; the whole reason for that is because the Church has to be out of the picture. Because once the Church is gone, God can get back on track with Israel. When in 1948 the UN created the modern state of Israel, Dispensationalists viewed this as fulfilling biblical prophecy, a massive beacon that the time was on a countdown until "The Rapture" and God could once again get back onto Project Israel.

So what happens once the Church is gone? Well that's when this really nasty guy, the Antichrist (perhaps you've heard of him?) ends up getting all the power in the world. But the Antichrist's target isn't Christians, they're all gone now. Instead the Antichrist's target is the Jews. You see, somehow, some way, with Christians all gone suddenly Jewish people will suddenly all have an epiphany: Jesus actually was the Messiah all along. They aren't going to become Christians though, because that ship has already sailed, the Dispensation of Grace is over. But the Jewish people will get to rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem, that has to happen for a couple reasons (according to Dispensationalism):

1) The Antichrist has to enter the Temple and proclaim himself divine. Because that's what starts up the Great Tribulation, the really bad second half of the already not good Tribulation. And man, people are gonna die. Not only because the Antichrist is doing a lot of head chopping (literally), but because God is going to unleash the full fury of His wrath upon the whole world.

2) After Jesus comes back (for reasl this time, not just the sorta-kinda return when He zapped Christians into heaven) He's going to wage a literal war against the Antichrist, and it's going to be real bloody. This is why Dispensationalists often like to ignore the Jesus of the Gospels, and His imagery as the Suffering Lamb and prefer a singular reference in the book of the Revelation where Jesus is on a horse with a sword coming out of His mouth, in which there is a total slaughter. But that slaughter is necessary, because Antichrist and his coalition of world leaders need to be wiped out, in order that Jesus can finally establish the Messianic Age. Jesus will literally enter Jerusalem and be crowned as king and rule over the whole world for a thousand years, and during this time there has to be a Temple, because the old priesthood and system of sacrifices, and all that Old Testament stuff will be in full effect.

So there needs to be a Temple in Jerusalem. And people are going to really hate Jews, because Jews will all start to believe in Jesus. So in the book of the Revelation all that talk of saints dying is actually referring to the Jewish people, not Christians--because, remember, Christians got raptured away so they never had to experience anything bad.

So anyway, when Jesus comes back to establish a literal thousand year kingdom on earth, that's the Messianic Age that was supposed to happen two thousand years ago but didn't. Now that thousand years, as you might guess by the name, isn't forever, it's just for a thousand years. There's still more to happen, because Dispensationalism takes on an incredibly literal reading of the book of the Revelation. So during that thousand years, during which the devil's been hogtied down in a bottomless pit, well he gets out, and he's mad. The devil is so mad that he tries to make a last ditch effort to take on God by literally making an army from all the different nations of the world and leading that army to Jerusalem to attack Jesus. But then, suddenly, fire will erupt from the sky and destroy the entire army. Then this whole judgment scene plays out, all the bad people will be brought back to life so that they can be thrown into a lake of fire to suffer in agony for literally ever and ever; but the righteous will be brought back to life (not the Christians, the Christians already got this at the rapture and they will live forever in a place called Heaven), and the righteous people will inherit a brand new earth after God destroys this one and makes a new one.

To everyone paying attention, take notice on why modern day Israel is important.

And for all those wondering why I'm bringing up a weird theological system in the context of conservative politics in America. I think the answer is already obvious to anyone familiar with late 20th century American political history and the interplay between the Religious Right and American politics that occurred starting in the 60s and 70's. If you're not, do the homework.

Israel is important, in large part, because "Christian Zionism" exists as an emergent property out of Dispensationalism; as a consequence, one doesn't need to be a Dispensationalist--because the political architecture is already established. It's often much more useful instead to rely on things like Islamophobia(this is especially useful in a post 9/11 world). Islamophobia does not need to merely be targeting practicing Muslims, it's generally good enough to simply target people from the broadly-speaking "Muslim world". Which is why Arab Christians, for example, are guilty by association--and so Palestine is bad because Muslims bad and Palestinian Christians are guilty by association, for being filthy Palestinians. Racism does a lot of heavy lifting here.

But that's how we can see antisemitism as a buzzword to attack anyone who is critical of Israel, while simultaneously not actually caring about the problem of real antisemitism itself. Because it's not that antisemitism is the problem, because then it would be "Woke" and that's a politically correct mind virus, and thats bad; the real problem is criticism of Israel, because from a "religious" perspective Israel is a necessary theological tool; and from a political perspective Israel is helpful in being against all the icky brown people--and framing this as Israel is just a tiny little nation in a sea of Arab hostility, a David vs Goliath situation--means that it's totally okay for brown people to die and for saying what is usually the quiet part out loud.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟372,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Because it's not antisemitism that is viewed as the problem. It's criticism of Israel that is the problem.

While Dispensationalism didn't get very far outside of the Plymouth Brethren in Britain and Ireland, it gained massive popularity across the Atlantic. One of the early American converts to Dispensationalism was Dwight L. Moody, an itinerant preacher who went on to found a Bible college to train up ministers, Moody Bible Institute, and it became one of the earliest centers of American Dispensationalism. Through Moody's influence, the lawyer-turned-minister Cyrus Scofield adopted the new theological system, and went on to publish the Scofield Reference Bible, its commentary and notes explicitly Dispensationalist--published in 1909. The Scofield Reference Bible was immensely popular, and was one of the chief instruments which led many in North America to adopting the strange new theology. In the 1920's Dallas Theological Seminary opened its doors, founded by Lewis Sperry Chafer (an associate of Cyrus Scofield) and his brother. It, along with Moody Bible Institute, along with the Scofield Reference Bible, resulted in entire generations of Dispensationalist ministers and theologians.

For those unaware, Dispensationalism is a theological system as well as a system of biblical hermeneutics that emerged in the 1800's within the Plymouth Brethren, a very conservative religious sect that began in Ireland as a break-off from Anglicanism (or, more specifically, the Church of Ireland, the Irish branch of Anglicanism), under the leadership of ex-Anglican priest John Nelson Darby. While Darby, like anyone, didn't exist in a vacuum, the unique ideas and biblical interpretations which are called Dispensationalism are a product of Darby's mind. Here is a brief outline of Dispensationalism:

Dispensationalism maintains that the history of God's dealings with the world, and humanity specifically, can be divided into a series of dispensations; each dispensation indicates different ways in which God interacted and dealt with people. In traditional Dispensationalist thought by understanding these dispensations one can understand the Bible better, different parts of the Bible were written under--and for--different dispensations. Under this schema, the promises made to Abraham involved the Jews receiving the land, and the covenant and promises concerning the nation of Israel. In Classic Dispensationalism, the coming of the Messiah was supposed to inaugurate a messianic age and bring about a full restoration to the nation of Israel. However there was wrench thrown into the system, Jesus as the Messiah was not heralded as the new messianic king, and instead Jesus was rejected by the religious leaders and the majority of the people, and instead Jesus was handed over to Pilate to be crucified. This, in essence, created what we might call God's Plan B. The rejection of Jesus would result in God taking Jesus' death, and then Jesus' resurrection to help inaugurate a new dispensation, a "Dispensation of Grace" which woulc see God temporarily turn away from His project with Israel since the time of Abraham and more fully since Moses, and instead turn His attention toward non-Jewish or Gentile people.

And under this new Dispensation of Grace God created a new distinct group of people, called the Church, a very different thing than Israel. So God had one group of people He was working with, Israel; and now He has a second, the Church. But the point of the Church was to be a "time of the Gentiles", a literal parenthesis in God's plans. The Dispensation of Grace is temporary, a literal parenthis that would exist until the time God begins again working with Israel as His chief project again.

In order for God to return back to dealing with Israel, several things need to happen. Most importantly, the Church has to go, that's what "The Rapture" is. All those books, movies, preachers, etc all talking about "The Rapture" where Christians vanish from the earth because Jesus took them up into heaven; the whole reason for that is because the Church has to be out of the picture. Because once the Church is gone, God can get back on track with Israel. When in 1948 the UN created the modern state of Israel, Dispensationalists viewed this as fulfilling biblical prophecy, a massive beacon that the time was on a countdown until "The Rapture" and God could once again get back onto Project Israel.

So what happens once the Church is gone? Well that's when this really nasty guy, the Antichrist (perhaps you've heard of him?) ends up getting all the power in the world. But the Antichrist's target isn't Christians, they're all gone now. Instead the Antichrist's target is the Jews. You see, somehow, some way, with Christians all gone suddenly Jewish people will suddenly all have an epiphany: Jesus actually was the Messiah all along. They aren't going to become Christians though, because that ship has already sailed, the Dispensation of Grace is over. But the Jewish people will get to rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem, that has to happen for a couple reasons (according to Dispensationalism):

1) The Antichrist has to enter the Temple and proclaim himself divine. Because that's what starts up the Great Tribulation, the really bad second half of the already not good Tribulation. And man, people are gonna die. Not only because the Antichrist is doing a lot of head chopping (literally), but because God is going to unleash the full fury of His wrath upon the whole world.

2) After Jesus comes back (for reasl this time, not just the sorta-kinda return when He zapped Christians into heaven) He's going to wage a literal war against the Antichrist, and it's going to be real bloody. This is why Dispensationalists often like to ignore the Jesus of the Gospels, and His imagery as the Suffering Lamb and prefer a singular reference in the book of the Revelation where Jesus is on a horse with a sword coming out of His mouth, in which there is a total slaughter. But that slaughter is necessary, because Antichrist and his coalition of world leaders need to be wiped out, in order that Jesus can finally establish the Messianic Age. Jesus will literally enter Jerusalem and be crowned as king and rule over the whole world for a thousand years, and during this time there has to be a Temple, because the old priesthood and system of sacrifices, and all that Old Testament stuff will be in full effect.

So there needs to be a Temple in Jerusalem. And people are going to really hate Jews, because Jews will all start to believe in Jesus. So in the book of the Revelation all that talk of saints dying is actually referring to the Jewish people, not Christians--because, remember, Christians got raptured away so they never had to experience anything bad.

So anyway, when Jesus comes back to establish a literal thousand year kingdom on earth, that's the Messianic Age that was supposed to happen two thousand years ago but didn't. Now that thousand years, as you might guess by the name, isn't forever, it's just for a thousand years. There's still more to happen, because Dispensationalism takes on an incredibly literal reading of the book of the Revelation. So during that thousand years, during which the devil's been hogtied down in a bottomless pit, well he gets out, and he's mad. The devil is so mad that he tries to make a last ditch effort to take on God by literally making an army from all the different nations of the world and leading that army to Jerusalem to attack Jesus. But then, suddenly, fire will erupt from the sky and destroy the entire army. Then this whole judgment scene plays out, all the bad people will be brought back to life so that they can be thrown into a lake of fire to suffer in agony for literally ever and ever; but the righteous will be brought back to life (not the Christians, the Christians already got this at the rapture and they will live forever in a place called Heaven), and the righteous people will inherit a brand new earth after God destroys this one and makes a new one.

To everyone paying attention, take notice on why modern day Israel is important.

And for all those wondering why I'm bringing up a weird theological system in the context of conservative politics in America. I think the answer is already obvious to anyone familiar with late 20th century American political history and the interplay between the Religious Right and American politics that occurred starting in the 60s and 70's. If you're not, do the homework.

Israel is important, in large part, because "Christian Zionism" exists as an emergent property out of Dispensationalism; as a consequence, one doesn't need to be a Dispensationalist--because the political architecture is already established. It's often much more useful instead to rely on things like Islamophobia(this is especially useful in a post 9/11 world). Islamophobia does not need to merely be targeting practicing Muslims, it's generally good enough to simply target people from the broadly-speaking "Muslim world". Which is why Arab Christians, for example, are guilty by association--and so Palestine is bad because Muslims bad and Palestinian Christians are guilty by association, for being filthy Palestinians. Racism does a lot of heavy lifting here.

But that's how we can see antisemitism as a buzzword to attack anyone who is critical of Israel, while simultaneously not actually caring about the problem of real antisemitism itself. Because it's not that antisemitism is the problem, because then it would be "Woke" and that's a politically correct mind virus, and thats bad; the real problem is criticism of Israel, because from a "religious" perspective Israel is a necessary theological tool; and from a political perspective Israel is helpful in being against all the icky brown people--and framing this as Israel is just a tiny little nation in a sea of Arab hostility, a David vs Goliath situation--means that it's totally okay for brown people to die and for saying what is usually the quiet part out loud.

-CryptoLutheran
That's quite a tome.

Your tldr could just be thr last paragraph. And I cannot imagine that you will be getting a response on those who espouse this rhetoric because they would NEVER see themselves as racist.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
A follow-up:

"But CryptoLutheran, that leaves a lot of questions, not all conservatives are white Evangelicals, and racism can't account for everything"--you're right.

That's why it was important to get on the Abortion train in order to bring in coalition with Catholics, who historically didn't really get along well with North American WASPs. But make Abortion a thing, and now we got a moral issue that can get Catholics on board, and that'll help with some Hispanic Americans too--even though "we don't want them here" because "illegals, criminals, they're coming to take our jobs, yadda yadda". Also, don't forget to create moral panics about "The Gays", they're scary and we'll tell you why, it's because they're perverts who are targeting your children. And now, oh man, did you hear that Little Jimmy thinks he's a she? What is this world even coming to? Be scared, be distracted.

Here's your moral outrage, and here's your moral outrage, and here's something for you to be afraid of. Everyone gets their own little piece of the scapegoat pie.

The Racists don't like black or brown people, so we'll say they're all criminals, and the proof is that they are arrested and charged with more crimes by police (and police are totally all legitimate and there is no problem with policing in America, ignore the protests to the contrary, they're just violent communists anyway, probably). What about Asians? Hey, remember Vietnam? The Korean War? Pearl Harbor? Hey, look, there's China over there being all Communist and scary--oh and wow, CHINA VIRUS ALERT!

Oh, it turns out the rich keep getting richer, and the policies are hurting the poor, and there's a homeless crisis created by politicians? Nevermind that, Abortion is legal, and people are on welfare, and why are you mad at the job-creators they're here to help you you lazy and ungrateful welfare bum who just wants hand outs--here you go Mr. Zuckerberg and Mr. Musk, here's another thirty trillion dollars that we just had laying around for you.

Ack! The Gays are at it again! Did you hear they wanna get married? Gross. What about my liberties? Why are they taking my rights away and giving them to the queers and perverts? I am outraged!

Did you hear that Starbucks didn't put Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer on their cupts this year? Why are the atheists and secularists trying to destroy Christmas? Anyway, let's listen to Mariah Carrey again for the five billionth time, it's still August, that'll show 'em.

And on, and so on, and such.

Distract, distract, distract.

Anyhoo. Happy Star Wars Day, May the Fourth be with you.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
That's quite a tome.

Your tldr could just be thr last paragraph. And I cannot imagine that you will be getting a response on those who espouse this rhetoric because they would NEVER see themselves as racist.

I did a follow up, because I anticipated as much.

-CryptoLUtheran

Upvote 0