Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This reminds me of a scripture. Let our light shine. Matthew 5:16

and a song too...

iu

LOVE this song. The verse about "all in my house, i'm a'gonna let it shine" reminds me of a neighbor who always has candles in her windows...yes, let's let it shine "all in our house", and "out in the dark, let it shine".

Amen!!!

iu

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
LOVE this song. The verse about "all in my house, i'm a'gonna let it shine" reminds me of a neighbor who always has candles in her windows...yes, let's let it shine "all in our house", and "out in the dark, let it shine".

Amen!!!

Amen brinny.

Proverbs 20:27 The spirit[a] of man is the lamp of the Lord, searching all his innermost parts.

Revelation 1:14 The hairs of his head were white, like white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire,

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen brinny.

Proverbs 20:27 The spirit[a] of man is the lamp of the Lord, searching all his innermost parts.

Revelation 1:14 The hairs of his head were white, like white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire,

Amen. That's quite powerful, isn't it?

• Agree
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 20:

A rare jewel.
iu

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." ~Pr 9:10

"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." ~Pr 25:11

The rare jewel that this verse is speaking of is the graciousness and the wisdom and the discernment that is God's own wisdom, coming through His "vessel", to bless and to encourage and to edify others.

It is INDEED a rare jewel to hear God's wisdom being poured out from one of His vessels, ministering to others.

Precious.

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 20:

God searches our hearts.

He illuminates us, our hearts, and searches the very depths of our hearts, in every "hidden" place.

Reminds me of this:

"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." ~Ps 139:23-24

iu

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SWIll

Newish
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2018
SW Illinois
✟117,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pr 20:12
The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made both of them. NKJV

Simple on the surface, but deeply profound underneath. On days like today (have a nasty summer cold), this verse is both humbling and comforting!

Upvote 0

SWIll

Newish
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2018
SW Illinois
✟117,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pr 20:29
"The glory of young men is their strength, grey hair is the splendor of the old." NIV

Just last night I was noticing how grey my beard has gotten. I guess that is splendid! Have a good day all!

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Pr 20:29
"The glory of young men is their strength, grey hair is the splendor of the old." NIV

Just last night I was noticing how grey my beard has gotten. I guess that is splendid! Have a good day all!

Indeed it is. God bless you. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 20:

Wine is a "mocker".

Indeed it is. When we indulge in anything that distorts and/or dulls our senses and our clarity, we are playing "Russian roulette", so to speak. It's a form of "gambling", isn't it? For we are "gambling" that all will be well, even though we literally "invite" the enemy to take hold of our senses, our mind, and our heart, like a "steering wheel".

To do so is "un-wise". However, that's putting it rather mildly, isn't it?

This verse comes to mind:

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" ~I Pet 5:8

Looks like when we play that "Russian roulette" we're ALREADY gettin' "devoured" by the enemy, and we even opened the door to it, inviting the "devour-er" right on in.

Amen?

PROVERBS 20 strong drink is a mocker.jpg

Upvote 0

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
"The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him" (Pro 20:7 KJV).

Nowhere is this more vividly illustrated than in the lives of Jonathan Edwards and Max Jukes.

This anecdote is taken from "America is Too Young to Die" by Leonard Ravenhill, Minneapolis, Minnesota: Bethany Fellowship, 1979, p. 112)

Max Jukes, [an] atheist, lived a godless life. He married an ungodly [woman], and from this union there were 310 who died as paupers, 150 were criminals, 7 were murderers, 100 were drunkards, and more than half of the women were prostitutes. His 540 descendants cost the State one and a quarter million dollars [before inflation].

Then there is a record of a great man of God, Jonathan Edwards. He lived at the same time as Max Jukes, but he married a godly [woman]. An investigation was made of 1,394 known descendants of Jonathan Edwards, of which 13 became college presidents, 65 college professors, 3 United States Senators, 30 judges, 100 lawyers, 60 physicians, 75 army and navy officers, 100 preachers and missionaries, 60 authors of prominence, one Vice-President of the United States, 80 public officials in other capacities, 295 college graduates, among whom were governors of states and ministers to foreign countries. Jonathan Edwards' descendants did not cost the state a penny.

Today, in the name of tolerance and multiculturalism, we are told that God must be kept out of public view. It is even wrong to say "God bless America" or "Merry Christmas," according to these "politically correct" demagogues. Instead of the blessings that came to Jonathan Edwards' progeny, we see a growing multitude like the descendants of Max Jukes! "Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people" (Pro 14:34).

Lord, let us live our lives not for today, but for the generations that shall follow us, should You tarry Your return. Perhaps, by Your grace, it might be said a couple of hundred years from now that the reason a family is godly and serving Jesus is because of the life of their great, great grandfather. Give us, O Lord, a godly heritage and progeny! Amen!

• Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen. That is soooooo profound. Thank you for sharing it. God help us all to be cognizant of our own integrity, as it does plant seeds of blessings or destruction into our bloodlines and generations.

Thank you for sharing such a powerful study and meditation and reminder.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 20:

Vengeance.

For those who hurt us, especially deliberately, take it to God. He really DOES "settle the score" in His own timing. In the meantime, pray for these ones who take pleasure in hurting you, disparaging you, insulting you, and even lying on you. Pray that they repent, before God DOES "settle the score", because as surely as the sun rises tomorrow, they won't see it coming.

Kinda' reminds me of the people as Noah was building the ark. They continued mocking him and his preaching, and consequently God, as he continued building the ark, much to their own self-imposed destruction.

Tragic.

"He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy." ~Pr 29:1

iu

Upvote 0