Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 1:

Obedience.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." ~Jere 33:3

When we pay heed to God's voice and His instruction and His warnings in His Word, He WILL pour out His precious Holy Spirit all onto and in and through us.

As it is written, obedience is more precious to him than "sacrifice", as demonstrated by Cain himself when he had the audacity to bring to God what was the antithesis to what God commanded. And why did Cain do that? It was because he made it about "him", and "his" beautiful crop, and surely he would get some "kudo's" for it, right? Cuz even GOD HAD to admire what "he", (Cain) "brought forth", right?

Here's the bottom line. Cain neither "feared" God nor bowed his knee nor his "will" to the living God, and THAT is why he deemed it unnecessary to "obey" God.

And THAT is why Cain's "offering" was an abomination to God.

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 1:

Safe from evil and harm.

When we seek refuge from God, it is a very WISE thing to do, for only with GOD are we safe. For it is HE Who protects and defends us from all harm. NOTHING can come nigh us or our dwelling when we are "sheltered" by the living God.

Where ELSE can we find such SURE safety and protection?

Amen?

iu

Upvote 0

ProGoddess

Daughter of My Lord
Jan 15, 2017
Heaven
✟28,753.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Proverbs 1:

Safe from evil and harm.

When we seek refuge from God, it is a very WISE thing to do, for only with GOD are we safe. For it is HE Who protects and defends us from all harm. NOTHING can come nigh us or our dwelling when we are "sheltered" by the living God.

Where ELSE can we find such SURE safety and protection?

Amen?

iu

Amen!

This is exactly what I needed today - the wisdom of God, as how He has imparted to Solomon; shun the evil counsel by listening to our father and mother; and the call of wisdom, for whoever listens to Him will dwell safely and will be secure, without the fear of evil.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen!

This is exactly what I needed today - the wisdom of God, as how He has imparted to Solomon; shun the evil counsel by listening to our father and mother; and the call of wisdom, for whoever listens to Him will dwell safely and will be secure, without the fear of evil.

Amen! HE is our REFUGE and SHELTER, when we seek REFUGE in HIM. Under His wings is the SAFEST of places to be.

How precious is THAT??!! :)

Upvote 0

ProGoddess

Daughter of My Lord
Jan 15, 2017
Heaven
✟28,753.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Amen! HE is our REFUGE and SHELTER, when we seek REFUGE in HIM. Under His wings is the SAFEST of places to be.

How precious is THAT??!! :)

Too precious that words can't describe.

Psalms 91 has always been the Psalms that I meditate on all the time. It always reminds me of His protection and safety of abiding in the presence of our Lord, and grant us long life as we desire, when we see Jesus.

Psalms 91
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the a fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Too precious that words can't describe.

Psalms 91 has always been the Psalms that I meditate on all the time. It always reminds me of His protection and safety of abiding in the presence of our Lord, and grant us long life as we desire, when we see Jesus.

Psalms 91
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the a fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

I LOVE psalm 91. His assurances that HE is BIGGER than any evil or disaster (no matter how devastating it sounds) that may attempt to raise its head against us will be thwarted, for God is Who any of it would need to 'go through" in order to get "to us". He really IS a GOOD Shepherd, a GOOD God, and a GOOD heavenly Father, isn't He?

• Agree
Reactions: ProGoddess
Upvote 0

ProGoddess

Daughter of My Lord
Jan 15, 2017
Heaven
✟28,753.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I LOVE psalm 91. His assurances that HE is BIGGER than any evil or disaster (no matter how devastating it sounds) that may attempt to raise its head against us will be thwarted, for God is Who any of it would need to 'go through" in order to get "to us". He really IS a GOOD Shepherd, a GOOD God, and a GOOD heavenly Father, isn't He?

That goes without saying. :)

Another beautiful Psalms 23, "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."

It also takes us to the parable of the lost sheep where our great Shepherd left the 99 in search of the one that was lost.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That goes without saying. :)

Another beautiful Psalms 23, "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."

It also takes us to the parable of the lost sheep where our great Shepherd left the 99 in search of the one that was lost.

How precious it is that He does. We'd all be lost just like that sheep if He hadn't done so with us. I know i would. I will never tire or grow weary of praising Him and being thankful for His "finding" me.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 1:

Wisdom.

"To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding; To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity; To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion. A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction." ~Pr 1:2-7

Yes, there is much much wisdom in all of Proverbs. Like wrapped gifts from God, they are. And when we un-wrap each and ev'ry one, His blessings overflow out of each one along with His favor.

How delightful it is, to seek HIM through His Proverbs each morning. It's like HE fills us up to overflowing with His joy and delight each time hahaaa

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 1:

Pouring Out Wisdom Like Rain.

God will surely do this. He will "pour down" wisdom, discernment, and favor on us, just like rain. In addition, He will chase us down, and overtake us, with BLESSINGS.

He PROMISES to do so, and He surely means what He says.

I don't know about y'all, but i find this absolutely, and incredibly DELIGHTFUL.

Is this enough to knock yer socks off, or WHAT??!!

bunny-smiley.gif
bliss-smiley.gif

"And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." ~Deut 28:2

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 1:

God's Wisdom.

"For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord: They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof." ~Pr 1:29-30

God DELIGHTS in granting us HIS wisdom. When we SEEK Him with ALL our hearts, and His WISDOM, through His Word, He will grant it to us, for it is written that those who love Him and seek Him early, WILL find Him.

How DELIGHTFUL is THAT???!!

BLINDERS are removed, ears are UN-PLUGGED, and our hearts are transformed to a heart of flesh, as our heart of stone is nothing but a distant memory.

He gives us GOOD things, including the wisdom and understanding of what the "fear of the Lord" is, and how utterly delightful it is and how chock-full of BLESSINGS it is, along with His joy, as HE, the God of the Universe, our Creator, rejoices over us with SINGING!!!!

I don't know about you, but i WANT to SEE our God SINGING and REJOICING over me. i want to see His FACE!!!!

It is written that the pure in heart WILL see God. There's also a quote that says that only those who are "pure in heart" WANT to "see God". What this means is that there are those who PREFER not to "know God", let alone to "see His face". They prefer to be a "stranger" to God.

Jesus gives us a clear warning about those who KNOW Him and those who do NOT know Him.

It is best to HEED this warning, amen?

"'I never knew you. Depart from me," ~Matt 7:23

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 1:

Wisdom For A New Year.

"Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you." ~Pr 1:23

Today is new Years day. It's a "new beginning" and it brings to mind how God's mercies are renewed, morning by morning. Rather than "new years resolutions", seeking God's face today, this morning, and each morning for the rest of this year is preferred, for then we are relying on HIM for our good and our well being rather than our selves. He IS, after all, the One Who "holds" the future, isn't He? Therefore is it not best to HEED Him and His instruction through His Word?

He reassures us that it is.

"But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil." ~Pr 1:33

iu

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 1:

"Knowing" God = "Fearing" God = Wisdom.

"He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" ~Mic 6:8

Wisdom is a timeless treasure that fares us well, regardless of what "era" we live in. It is the very "heart beat" of "knowing" God and thus to "walk and talk" with God, as Adam did before the fall, and as Enoch did, and as it is mentioned in the book of Micah.

The bottom line is, that we can do NONE of the above unless we "fear" God, for THAT is a prerequisite to "knowing" God and thus be "wise", for only the "wise" fear God, as it is written:

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." ~Pr 9:10

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Delighting In God.
AKA: "Knowing God".

Proverbs 1:

:heart: The precious thing about God's grace is, that once you see His heart, take the time to get to know Him and His Word, it isn't about that kind of fear (or dread) anymore....it becomes a love built on a "respect" of acknowledging Who He is and giving Him His "due" so to speak. A "delight" of Him and His Word begins to take place, like in this song which i heard this morning:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 1:
(This bears repeating in its timeliness for today, this 1st day of November, 2020. Amen.)
God's Wisdom.

"For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord: They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof." ~Pr 1:29-30

God DELIGHTS in granting us HIS wisdom. When we SEEK Him with ALL our hearts, and His WISDOM, through His Word, He will grant it to us, for it is written that those who love Him and seek Him early, WILL find Him.

How DELIGHTFUL is THAT???!!

BLINDERS are removed, ears are UN-PLUGGED, and our hearts are transformed to a heart of flesh, as our heart of stone is nothing but a distant memory.

He gives us GOOD things, including the wisdom and understanding of what the "fear of the Lord" is, and how utterly delightful it is and how chock-full of BLESSINGS it is, along with His joy, as HE, the God of the Universe, our Creator, rejoices over us with SINGING!!!!

I don't know about you, but i WANT to SEE our God SINGING and REJOICING over me. i want to see His FACE!!!!

It is written that the pure in heart WILL see God. There's also a quote that says that only those who are "pure in heart" WANT to "see God". What this means is that there are those who PREFER not to "know God", let alone to "see His face". They prefer to be a "stranger" to God.

Jesus gives us a clear warning about those who KNOW Him and those who do NOT know Him.

It is best to HEED this warning, amen?

"'I never knew you. Depart from me," ~Matt 7:23

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 1:
The Fear of The Lord.
"I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock hen your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as the whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me; For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord;" --Proverbs 1:26-29

The precious thing about God's grace is, that once you see His heart, take the time to get to know Him and His Word, it isn't about that kind of fear (or dread) anymore....it becomes a love built on a "respect" of acknowledging Who He is and giving Him His "due" so to speak. A "delight" of Him and His Word begins to take place, like in this song which i heard this morning:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs One.
In reading Proverbs 1, verses 26-29 stood out for me:

26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

God is saying that those who continue mocking God, and spurning His grace and His Word, will face a day when God's grace is not available, for God has closed the door of grace, just like He closed the door of Noah's ark. He's telling all of us to heed His message of grace and forgiveness, while the door of grace still remains open.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs Two.

Proverbs: A legacy for us, and our children after us.

When children are learning Proverbs, it seems like there are good "seeds" being "planted" that will bear fruit in due time, as i believe that God will bless those who learn Proverbs as He promises He will do....there's literally "treasures" in them there words :)

Ok, re: Proverbs 2....here is a real TREASURE!!

These verses hold precious promises for those who "seek" diligently wisdom (which is based on a Godly "fear of the Lord") and in essence, dig as with a shovel, as if for hidden treasure, and it promised that they will surely find it:

"Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God. For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly. He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints. Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path. When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:" ~Proverbs 2:3-11

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟184,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
from Proverbs 1

17For in vain is the net spread in the sight of any bird:

18but these lie in wait for their own blood. They lurk secretly for their own lives.

19So are the ways of everyone who is greedy for gain. It takes away the life of its owners.

Greedy for wealth, takes away your life... A good thing to remember :)

Upvote 0