Ohio
✟9,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems to me like people are your friend until they find out that you hate politics and wealth

Proverbs 14:20 The poor man is hated even by his own neighbor,
But the rich has many friends.

1 Corinthians 4:10 We are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored! 11 To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless. 12 We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; 13 when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world—right up to this moment.

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟109,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It seems to me like people are your friend until they find out that you hate politics and wealth

Proverbs 14:20 The poor man is hated even by his own neighbor,
But the rich has many friends.

1 Corinthians 4:10 We are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored! 11 To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless. 12 We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; 13 when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world—right up to this moment.
This is, to me, a mixed message. The Scriptures do not oppose wealth, nor do they insult poverty. It depends on circumstances. God promised to bless Israel, to prosper Israel, if they, as a nation, served Him as God alone. That is *not* poverty.

On the other hand, those who live righteous, who put the Kingdom of God above all else, sometimes have to suffer deprivation or simply lay aside some of the enjoyment of this world to pursue the interests of God's Kingdom. They should be praised.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is, to me, a mixed message. The Scriptures do not oppose wealth, nor do they insult poverty. It depends on circumstances. God promised to bless Israel, to prosper Israel, if they, as a nation, served Him as God alone. That is *not* poverty.

On the other hand, those who live righteous, who put the Kingdom of God above all else, sometimes have to suffer deprivation or simply lay aside some of the enjoyment of this world to pursue the interests of God's Kingdom. They should be praised.
Scripture clearly opposes wealth. 1 Corinthians chapter 4, Matthew chapter 6, Luke chapter 6, 1 Timothy chapter 6, ajsjes chapters 2 and 5, and proverbs 23.

Upvote 0