As believers we have duty to contend for the faith

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,055.00
Faith
Christian
There is a final judgement day because it is evil for people to refuse to believe in truth they have heard to not accept they need Christ as saviour and people who claim to be Christian pretend to not really receive His teachings to be unmerciful to people for their mistakes and could hate people for seeking to teach the truth. Even if I was accepted but people do not fully receive Jesus to seek to follow Him to seek to live for Him to be kind to all they would be judged and people who reject others to not consider them would be judged if they don’t repent truly while they have opportunity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,055.00
Faith
Christian
Jesus said Abba Father all things are possible for You take this cup away from Me nevertheless not what I will but what You will

Jesus refers to the source of His Divinity being the Father in which His humanity is made subject

Jesus could have chosen not to die but then people could not be saved but He could choose to make the righteous cease to exist who are looking for Him to save them but He wanted to save them and judge the world for its sins in rebelling against His law if they did not repent but to give them chance to be saved later if they repented if they did not hear about His salvation as the law was for Israel the prophets had preached it for those who had had known it and those who knew had to believe they would have chance to hear it later to have chance to be saved if they accept it but He offered salvation through the cross.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,055.00
Faith
Christian
I realise it is not helpful to base my beliefs on tradition but only the word of God. For I should not glorify any person just if they are virgins as though it is more holy than marriage. We do not know if St Mary was a perpetual virgin she does not need to be marriage is not sin. The bible says Joseph did not know Mary until she had brought forth Jesus so she may not be. But it is possible she was as if she had other children it would seem proper for them to have took her to home instead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟494,729.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I realise it is not helpful to base my beliefs on tradition but only the word of God. For I should not glorify any person just if they are virgins as though it is more holy than marriage. We do not know if St Mary was a perpetual virgin she does not need to be marriage is not sin. The bible says Joseph did not know Mary until she had brought forth Jesus so she may not be. But it is possible she was as if she had other children it would seem proper for them to have took her to home instead.

Consider this:

“Controversy in religion is a hateful thing. It is hard enough to fight the devil, the world and the flesh, without private differences in our own camps. But there is one thing even worse than controversy; and that is false doctrine, tolerated, allowed, and permitted without protest or molestation. . . . There are times when controversy is not only a duty, but a benefit. Give me a mighty thunderstorm rather than the pestilential malaria. The one walks in darkness and poisons in silence, and you are never safe. The other frightens and alarms for a season. But it is soon over, and it clears the air. It is a plain scriptural duty to “contend earnestly for the faith once for all delivered to the saints.””__Bishop J. C. Ryle

What exactly is that faith or what is being trusted?

I expect “saints” would include the 12 apostles, who were not perfect. I cannot imagine them being impressed by being raised to Pagan godhood. I am sure Bishop meant well, and I am sure for those who reach the finish line meaning well will be well rewarded, but meaning well will also apply to those to whom Jesus says, “depart from me you who practice Lawlessness.”

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,055.00
Faith
Christian
Salvation is only possible by believing in Jesus because any judge has to punish all crime or the offense remains that others will not see consequences to sin to not be safe to bring harm in society if not dealt with but our sin is against God and without Him dealing with it He is still offended even if person had been perfect afterwards the offense remains as God is pure and nothing with the stain of sin can endure His presence and they can never offer anything to take it away as they are the guilty ones and must be punished but He was punished as perfect lamb of God to take away our sins that even if one had been perfect he would still be declared guilty if he commits further sin of not believing in the only one who can take away the sin that by his free will he would still be a sinner.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,055.00
Faith
Christian
The reason people need to believe in Christ to escape hell is not because we are all born sinners for though we have a sin nature a child that knows nothing and is not charged for his sins not being old enough to know about his sins such a child would not go to hell the child will go to heaven or be given a chance in world to come to believe. Adam had eternal life when he was without sin but once he sins he had to die . Through Jesus death He came to restore us by His death to give us His life by giving us Holy Spirit back to now live in one to restore one.

For by believing we get Holy Spirit to be able to partake in His life for He can only indwell a believer because He is the Spirit of truth to only dwell those who receive the truth for the soul to receive from the Spirit life it must be opened to receive from it which it does by faith to allow to partake of the substance of the atonement He did on cross. For without believing one commits further sin that Jesus can not take away as it is freely chosen to be an eternal sin but in believing there is no sin that is fully chosen that one can not repent of for Jesus to be able to forgive it and take it away by His blood some in world to come.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟494,729.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Only the truth can save; what does this mean, or what is truth; God is one, the rest is uncountable; there is what God has given to Israel, the rest (or lies) is made up by men.

It is critical that we are able discern what has come from God and what influenced men have made up. What I see in most of Christendom is Paganism or gentilism; what came from God is abrogated.

Believing is required, but “believe”, needs definition; if one (and many do) believed Jesus was a Roman Pagan god, then one could use his name, while wearing their own garments, (that is not a dependent bride) then one would also believe the Holy spirit was also Pagan.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,055.00
Faith
Christian
Yes I mean not to believe any heresy about Jesus that separates one from God. St John explains every spirit that confesses Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God meaning that believing Jesus is God and has come in the flesh. To believe that Jesus came into the world to take flesh to bring us to God because He is God.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,055.00
Faith
Christian
Because all sinned all must die as bible says as in adam all die so in Christ all are made alive. It is necessary to believe in Christ because person has commited sins that is due him to pay which he can’t as God requires perfect holiness if person refuses to believe that then he denies his need for Jesus so God sees him sinning and to not accept is sin against Christ he choses so Jesus can not forgive that but He died for all that if one believes it is accounted to one.

Jesus is only way as bible shows the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. And to be worthy of God when you believe you have to confess Him as it shows repenting if you can do as He also would want one to do for others to be saved only if you are not able to Christ will accept to call to Him though you may not get opportunity to to die before you can call to Him to confess to Him you are sorry so should be confessing Him because you can die at any time before you get opportunity to confess to Him just in your heart if you are not able to confess out loud.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,055.00
Faith
Christian
2 Corinthians 5:21
For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Jesus had to die there can be no other messiah but God as God must deal with sin. As He said to Abraham God will provide the lamb. If animals had been sufficient He would not say in other places I will provide an atonement for you and it is clear only God can be messiah as He is the only one without sin and unlimited to bear the whole of it and yet not be defeated by it to be able to rise again as only He is unlimited. Because Jesus is perfect never to do sin He can go to heaven as He only took punishment and when we believe we partake in His death and resurrection so when He takes away sin it is taken away for us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,055.00
Faith
Christian
I agree with the below that was posted by Amir tsarfati but it is misinterpreted by many as though person is still saved even if not accept Jesus. It just means God does good to them for His own sake because He wants to make a covenant with them to turn them back leaving a remnant out of His faithfulness not to be like Sodom for His name sake that many may turn to Him. I am not debating with universalists whose work is destructive to the salvation of people.

The blindness in part that happened to Israel as described by the apostle Paul in Romans 11:25 concerning the Messiah, has an expiration date. Not only that, but even while this blindness is still going on we must never look at the unbelieving Jews as if God turned his eyes away from them. Remember: “Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.” (Romans 11:28-29)
“God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew!” (Romans 11:2)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟494,729.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I agree with the below that was posted by Amir tsarfati but it is misinterpreted by many as though person is still saved even if not accept Jesus. It just means God does good to them for His own sake because He wants to make a covenant with them to turn them back leaving a remnant out of His faithfulness not to be like Sodom for His name sake that many may turn to Him. I am not debating with universalists whose work is destructive to the salvation of people.

The blindness in part that happened to Israel as described by the apostle Paul in Romans 11:25 concerning the Messiah, has an expiration date. Not only that, but even while this blindness is still going on we must never look at the unbelieving Jews as if God turned his eyes away from them. Remember: “Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.” (Romans 11:28-29)
“God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew!” (Romans 11:2)
I am inclined to work with the abstract, the fine detail is unique to the individuals as are their fingerprints.

Jesus had to die, only because God first set up that system, where Blood had to be shed for the remission of sin; but there is more, this is in part the rock foundation of the Kingdom of God.

I think sin is over played, repentance and righteousness should be emphasized more.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,055.00
Faith
Christian
Why those with knowledge must speak the truth if they know others are without and should seek to spread everywhere in case they do not know to atleast leave signs on posts that explains in short what to do to be saved.

Ezekiel 3:18-19
18 When I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 19 Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,055.00
Faith
Christian
Some probably look down on me as crazy and inappropriate but that is because I am trying people being hard hearted do not even try thinking they are automatically righteous just not to be as another but not trying but if they reject my message because I act inappropriate by society standards of looking decent that is their fault they are being dishonest to not consider truth because they are hard hearted judgemental.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,055.00
Faith
Christian
The gospel is fair and there is hope for those who were christian accepting all they all saw was right who were never preached that God I believe will give them chance in the world to come for they never heard true gospel preached to them when they could see they could be wrong that if they were here they will accept that God will give them chance to hear in the world to come.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,055.00
Faith
Christian
In response to posts about the great commision by orthodox group I have posted:

And why do you orthodox and catholic priests disobey this not being diligent to attend immediately to any one who wants to be baptised even visiting hospitals and prisons making them know of one availability for those who want to. Though I dont believe one needs to join such churches but being priest you have duty as more may follow though they ought to accept gospel that they know.

Only priest has duty because people may already know gospel that if they didnt hear they wont be judged because God will give them chance to know in the world to come if they were ready to receive the truth they would have responded that they only have to respond to the light they have. But other christians must still acknowledge christ to those who know them to support and should still to help because some may not be repentant seeking God according to the light they have.

Or we all have responsibility to visit especially anyone we know who is sick and in prison who have not heard the gospel to visit them but we dont have business to those we dont know that we may not be received by people sick and in prison except priest can advertise his services or we can too advertise to tell hospital we are available for anyone who wants to hear message of christianity why one needs jesus.

Or we have duty to introduce christ to all who have not heard to ask them if they heard about jesus to know why we need Him to ask them if they are willing to hear and not force them. Actually I think we have commision duty to preach that we should show we made effort to share to give tract and bible and offer to talk if they want as jesus said we have right commisioning us as order to do.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,055.00
Faith
Christian
We know below scripture refers to the soul being kept safe for old testament and new testament saints were killed

Proverbs 29:25
The fear of man brings a snare,
But whoever trusts in the LORD shall be safe.

Jesus says what He tells you in private that is the dark speak in the light and roof tops and fear not those who kill the body but the soul to fear Him who has power to cast into hell

For jesus is clear he who seeks to gain his life will lose it that you can not take fear of death as reason not to share faith

And whoever confesses Me before men him I will confess before My Father but he who denies Me before men will be denied before the Father

1 Peter 1:14
14 If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified.

My belief is that we are saved by faith but it never comes alone that you should do works if it comes before you and if not before you if you never done work to seek to do before preaching that any works are accepted not to need to do to all or many that you will do works from it but some works and preaching gospel may be work that you will be accepted if do but I dont judge those who think they have to earn to do many though it is what God wants us to do to be effective to preach to have faith but God will accept just if they confess to others that know one that one is christian if they focus on works as they are less mature as one is still sharing faith even if he does not preach as all christians should agree that you must show others that know one one is christian but their focus will be to do works for they should know christ accepts person who seeks to do works but that he commanded one to confess Him so should trust if killed before time to give chance to do in world to come.

I believe matthew 25 is really just to give evidence that one is not in christ or would bear fruit that a person never truly received christ that ones action of rejecting even one wilfully was because they rejected christ for who He is to never truly receive christ but if anyone truly received christ from their heart if they lived they would continue to love others and it is required for God to approve that you love Him to help others as they are in real need and have a right to be well that such shows no love to not be worthy of them and as they would help gospel sake but such is done because they love christ that God knows heart if person died earlier for christ and was not ready to test if they would persevere in the world to come to love God but God word needs to go out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,055.00
Faith
Christian
Some people may think God is not going to judge permanently because of church divisions that some can not know if following to go to church in time but that does not excuse that persons still have a choice to believe in Jesus only who people preach that it is choice to be concerned about heaven or hell if they wont try to reach priest to baptise them taking their chances if they made enough effort that they ought to be concerned that there is a judgement that if they will read the bible they will know there is and the bible is the authority that preaches the truth not any church though early church clearly taught hell for unbelievers who heard message so it is their mistake if they dont believe because they made the choice to ignore the choice ignoring the bible choosing not to believe and be concerned there is a hell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,055.00
Faith
Christian
I do not agree if they followed what they knew I dont say they are judged but they need to have been willingly to accept the truth and it will be proven in the world to come that they accept it. God will have gospel preached in all the world when He wants to and will send labourers to preach gospel whom He calls who are ready to all who are in need.

Last edited:
Upvote 0