The land of OZ
✟322,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus fulfilled His mission as He provided the means for everyone to be reconciled to Him. As He is holy and just He requires people to turn from their sins to choose Him. It does not mean He failed but that people are unworthy of Him if they do not want to accept what He has done to repent while they have opportunity as they can die while they are not repenting and seeking to follow Christ according to what they know is required to do His will such as knowing what they must do to grow towards it and how they can knowing where to learn to grow or they could lose opportunity.
YES HE DID "fulfill His mission"!!! The price for your sin along with everyone else, was paid 2,000 years ago. And no one living from Adam and Eve, until Jesus died, ever confessed the only name by which anyone can be saved to go to heaven in the hereafter. So Mike, how are all those people going to be saved, who died on this side of glory
ever going to get into heaven? Let me tell you how, the 10 believed in Jesus raised from the dead;

JOH 20:25 So the other disciples told him, "We have SEEN the Lord." But he (doubting Thomas) said to them, "Unless I SEE in his hands the print of the nails, and place my finger in the mark of the nails, and place my hand in his side, I will not believe."

So, 'faithless 'DOUBTING THOMAS got saved; He saw the resurrected Christ and then said "My Lord and my God." Didn't take a bit of faith to believe. That same thing will happen when "EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL CONFESS to the GLORY of God. And it will happen "in the AGES to come" according to scripture. And it won't be to the shame of a God so stupid He lost MOST of his creation to Satan whom He created.

And God is saviour of all men especially believers also only in the sense that He listens also to non believers prayers if they are seeking His help on earth if they are seeking truth until they have opportunity to believe and after they do He only delivers them from some difficulties if they believe.
Let me show you what the bible teaches me, MIKE. First, let's let a word in scripture, that's actually translated CONSISTENTLY teach you a lesson here concerning your "sense" which you will hopefully see to be more non-sense, than His sense.

Look at the GREEK definition of the word "ESPECIALLY". And then we'll see if we can make "your sense" definition line up with 'the truth';

3122 malista: (adv.) most (in the greatest degree) or particularly: -chiefly, most of all, (e) specially

Now, read how that word is used multiple times in different verses, compared to the non biblical definition you gave above.

1TI 4:10 For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.
1TI 5:8 If any one does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his own family, he has disowned the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
1TI 5:17 Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching;

Now you have a dilemma. Who are the ones who will have the opportunity to be 'most' saved....or saved to the greatest degree?...which is the definition of 'malista'. My theology has no problem with this verse. But if you can't get this, not much sense in going any deeper.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,058.00
Faith
Christian
I know one can want to believe that to try to concentrate on some verses and forget the others as though they are misunderstood I have fallen in same trap but it is wrong. You have to understand all verses in context which do not support universalism.

proverbs says people will seek Him diligently and not find Him and Jesus says the same to those who rejected Him that they will seek Him and not find Him and where I am they cannot come

Jesus said what shall it profit the man if he gains the world and loses his soul

the bible says
Isaiah 38:18-19
18 For Sheol cannot thank You,
Death cannot praise You;
Those who go down to the pit cannot hope for Your truth.
19 The living, the living man, he shall praise You,
As I do this day;
The father shall make known Your truth to the children

Jesus taught about hell quoted from Isaiah that it’s worm does not die and fire shall never be quenched

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I know one can want to believe that to try to concentrate on some verses and forget the others as though they are misunderstood I have fallen in same trap but it is wrong. You have to understand all verses in context which do not support universalism.
Let me share something with you....son. I've been an avid bible studying believer 15 years longer than you have been alive, and your posts have proved to me one thing. You don't begin to know scripture as well as you think. And your arguments are so weak you would do well to ask more questions of me/others, rather than thinking you can teach me/others something I/we haven't heard.

I'm only saddened that you are still in the very trap that I left 40 years ago. I don't believe it is me, who doesn't know scripture well enough, or the context. :sigh:

But I do know what blind indoctrination looks like. I've saw it many times for several years....looking in the mirror every morning.

When you want to 'learn' something you obviously don't know as well as 'you think', let us know. Until then. :wave::wave::wave::wave:

• Friendly
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,058.00
Faith
Christian
No one has been able to prove otherwise I have heard universalism arguments I even read sites about it but I saw how their arguments do not provide full context and lacking and they can’t explain other passages adequately no one has been able to prove to me those verses do not mean hell is eternal. No one should believe you if you can not prove those verses so should not trust you if they have not seen that you can not answer to it which you won’t be able to.

It is wrong to mislead others in wrong direction bible says if you add or take away from any words in revelation you have no part in holy city that is if you change scripture but also to take any facts in revelation the true meaning you can not be saved it could be only if you do so knowingly with purpose to deceive or it could be not allowed to preach it only God knows but you shouldn’t it misleads.

the bible says no one shall enter holy city but those whose names are written in the book of life so it means they can’t enter afterwards.

so you can’t take away from it which is written I know that is so if you do so with purpose to deceive but perhaps also if you don’t really believe that you don’t know and you still preach it only God knows.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one has been able to prove otherwise I have heard universalism arguments I even read sites about it but I saw how their arguments do not provide full context and lacking and they can’t explain other passages adequately no one has been able to prove to me those verses do not mean hell is eternal. No one should believe you if you can not prove those verses so should not trust you if they have not seen that you can not answer to it which you won’t be able to.
Aionios mistranslated as "eternal" and "everlasting" in Matthew 25:46.

All these verses below use the same NT Greek word, "aionios", the Greek word mistranslated as "eternal" and "everlasting" in Matthew 25:46. See bold below. This shows that "aionios" cannot mean eternal or everlasting.

Matthew 13:22
The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

1 Corinthians 1:20
Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

1 Corinthians 2:8
None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Ephesians 2:2
in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.

Galatians 1:4-5 KJV
Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Compare: Matthew 12:32; Mark 10:30; Luke 18:30; Luke 20:35; Ephesians 1:21

Luke 18:29-30
“Truly I tell you,” Jesus said to them, “no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God 30 will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life.”

Aionios, the Greek word mistranslated as "eternal" and "everlasting" in the Bible (eternal hell?)

cc: @Hillsage

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Hillsage
Upvote 0

wendykvw

Author, and Patristic Universalist Minister
Mar 24, 2011
Colorado
✟4,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Certain people have crept in unaware bringing destructive heresies by whom the way of truth is blasphemed

Some may be wilfully teaching lies and deceive others

As long as we are believers we may still be saved but we should desire to help people

We can not judge a Christian who does not appear to have followed Christ if God may accept them if there is a factor we do not know but we don’t know either

Can you prove that these passages do not prove that the sodomites will not literally be restored

will the city literally be restored not the people can you prove that it is gentiles that is referred to by sodomites

so it seems I have been deceived I am thinking perhaps people can be saved after death but they will have to freely repent people have the ability to make it an eternal choice then death will be destroyed when all those who are not evil who repent will be saved which could be what Jesus means when He says blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not forgiven in age to come and God is able to give every one their fair chances God wishes all to be saved but it is their choice to repent or not after death but I think it is a deception which I think is people duty to prove or maybe it is everyone duty to prove to himself though one can save others too if he has knowledge but people are not guaranteed to find if they don’t seek

Ezekiel 16:53-63

53 “When I bring back their captives, the captives of Sodom and her daughters, and the captives of Samaria and her daughters, then I will also bring back the captives of your captivity among them, 54 that you may bear your own shame and be disgraced by all that you did when you comforted them. 55 When your sisters, Sodom and her daughtners, return to their former state, and Samaria and her daughters return to their former state, then you and your daughters will return to your former state. 56 For your sister Sodom was not a byword in your mouth in the days of your pride, 57 before your wickedness was uncovered. It was like the time of the reproach of the daughters of Syria and all those around her, and of the daughters of the Philistines, who despise you everywhere. 58 You have paid for your lewdness and your abominations,” says the LORD. 59 For thus says the Lord GOD: “I will deal with you as you have done, who despised the oath by breaking the covenant.

An Everlasting Covenant
60 “Nevertheless I will remember My covenant with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you. 61 Then you will remember your ways and be ashamed, when you receive your older and your younger sisters; for I will give them to you for daughters, but not because of My covenant with you. 62 And I will establish My covenant with you. Then you shall know that I am the LORD, 63 that you may remember and be ashamed, and never open your mouth anymore because of your shame, when I provide you an atonement for all you have done,” says the Lord GOD.’ ”

No Christian sect or denomination can claim infallibility. Tread carefully, John Calvin burned people alive who did not agree with his biblical interpretations. Pride as being a motive always leads to self-righteous abuse of others, and this must be avoided even in the zeal for truth. For only God alone is infallible. We are merely human beings doing the best we can.

• Agree
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,058.00
Faith
Christian
We are only infallible in so far as we are true to the word of God and in many matters of judgement we can err as St James we all stumble in many things for word of God is broad and you may not understand it perfectly at first but we can know for the bible says the spiritual man judges all things and is rightly judged by none. People take even preaching the truth as abuse. You quoted a part that I said before in which I allowed myself to believe in heresy as I heard about those passages from a universalist website and read it and wanted to believe bible teaches that but I did not know context at the time but now I see I did not know the context that bible does not teach there is salvation after death for the sodomites who were punished at that time to be restored but that the nations around Jerusalem that were living in sin before like sodom would be shown mercy to find God that near end God will witness greater to make many turn to Christ and to witness for Israel so that many of Israel will accept Jesus then. Or it could mean some people native to Sodom who left before the destruction and by this time they might have multiplied as a people to be captives to be slaves in Jerusalem among them or near by in another nations being still under judgement for continued sin to be held captive in their land they now dwell in some way perhaps ruled under severe rule in that nation or other nations by others because of their sins were being promised mercy with Jerusalem at that time and is not end time thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wendykvw

Mar 24, 2011
Colorado
✟4,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We are only infallible in so far as we are true to the word of God and in many matters of judgement we can err as St James we all stumble in many things for word of God is broad and you may not understand it perfectly at first but we can know for the bible says the spiritual man judges all things and is rightly judged by none. People take even preaching the truth as abuse. You quoted a part that I said before in which I allowed myself to believe in heresy as I heard about those passages from a universalist website and read it and wanted to believe bible teaches that but I did not know context at the time but now I see I did not know the context that bible does not teach there is salvation after death for the sodomites who were punished at that time to be restored but rather that the nations around Jerusalem that were living in sin before like sodom would be shown mercy to find God that near end God will witness greater to make many turn to Christ and to witness for Israel so that many of Israel will accept Jesus then.
As much as it appeals to our flesh, biblical interpretations rely on our presuppositions. Thus the reason we have so many Christian denominations. Same book various interpretations. Human fallibility.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,058.00
Faith
Christian
True but unless proven otherwise you should accept your preposition and I believe my beliefs are correct as I would only believe in a fair and just God for I don’t believe any church beliefs are fair and just if they could not prove theirs is the truth for bible also says God is not willing for any to perish so all should be able to know the truth.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,058.00
Faith
Christian
When a person believes pleasing others is more important than God he can start to trust in his own thoughts to align his beliefs with what he believes is right to believe his own interpretation of scripture such as that everyone can be saved even if they did not accept Christ after death because it seems kind to do what everyone seems to want so must be right but that is not the truth and only if you are proud will you not accept that that is wrong to know the truth so people believe what others believe because they want it without regard to really discern the truth to accept what is false as though it is Jesus but it is false Christ and the antichrist will come in some way to present that preaching as though it is from God and many people will believe he is good to accept him as good but Christian’s and people should reject him the message that he preaches to not support him as it is denial of who Christ is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,058.00
Faith
Christian
Those who are lukewarm are those who go to church but they do not really believe they need God mercy they believe they are worthy because of their works though that they succeed though they go to church as it is addressed to them they did not believe they also need the grace of jesus that they are sinners needing His mercy but thought they are worthy because of their works even if they think christ helped them do.

this psalm shows the same thing to be rich and successful in life does not mean because of that God accepts you you need to know your need for God grace His mercy to accept Him.

Those who do not accept God are like the beast that perishes because they do not continue to dwell on earth or to come back or to continue to exist before God after death in heaven like the beast that does not continue on this earth not that there is no hell

Psalm 49
The Confidence of the Foolish
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of the sons of Korah.
1 Hear this, all peoples;
Give ear, all inhabitants of the world,
2 Both low and high,
Rich and poor together.
3 My mouth shall speak wisdom,
And the meditation of my heart shall give understanding.
4 I will incline my ear to a proverb;
I will disclose my dark saying on the harp.
5 Why should I fear in the days of evil,
When the iniquity at my heels surrounds me?
6 Those who trust in their wealth
And boast in the multitude of their riches,
7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother,
Nor give to God a ransom for him—
8 For the redemption of their souls is costly,
And it shall cease forever—
9 That he should continue to live eternally,
And not see the Pit.
10 For he sees wise men die;
Likewise the fool and the senseless person perish,
And leave their wealth to others.
11 Their inner thought is that their houses will last forever,
Their dwelling places to all generations;
They call their lands after their own names.
12 Nevertheless man, though in honor, does not remain;
He is like the beasts that perish.
13 This is the way of those who are foolish,
And of their posterity who approve their sayings.
Selah
14 Like sheep they are laid in the grave;
Death shall feed on them;
The upright shall have dominion over them in the morning;
And their beauty shall be consumed in the grave, far from their dwelling.
15 But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave,
For He shall receive me.
Selah
16 Do not be afraid when one becomes rich,
When the glory of his house is increased;
17 For when he dies he shall carry nothing away;
His glory shall not descend after him.
18 Though while he lives he blesses himself
(For men will praise you when you do well for yourself),
19 He shall go to the generation of his fathers;
They shall never see light.
20 A man who is in honor, yet does not understand,
Is like the beasts that perish.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,058.00
Faith
Christian
I thought maybe from other view to ponder if hell is for every non believer if all are accountable to deserve it if they could be good if they are believers but do not follow for thinking christ did not say you need to profess faith as some believe could perish but I realise it is mistake and not scriptural everyone needs christ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,058.00
Faith
Christian
It is mistake to ponder to doubt scripture that there is hell for anyone who rejects christ as it is not scriptural and wrong as people have responsibility to respond to truth they heard for not to do is unjust for not listening to truth not wanting to. Everyone was responsible so it is just and everyone is still responsible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wendykvw

Mar 24, 2011
Colorado
✟4,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well that is a false doctrine which is to be opposed and exposed as heresy.
1. The same Ecumenical counsel that condemed Origenism is the same counsel that declared Mary was a purpetual virgin. Most Protestants would deny this decision.

2."Origenism" is not the same as Universalism. Or what Origen taught.

3. Other Universalists such as St. Clement were never condemed.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,058.00
Faith
Christian
It is likely St Mary was a perpetual virgin as she said henceforth all generations will call me blessed for Christ would have wanted to witness about her virginity to remind others and so they know her holiness giving her Son to all for we see at cross if she had other children Christ would not have commited her care to St. John the beloved

I know some refer to prophecy this gate shall be shut none shall enter thereby because the Lord has entered to refer to her perpetual virginity but that seems to refer to second temple but could refer to no one will be part of spiritual temple through being born from naturally a woman because of one heritage so that he was under law as He was perfected to no longer make that as necessary to be saved that it is not needed anymore because the Lord has been perfected to make better way and old way now is finished not to now be the way to be saved to be fulfilled in Christ but now you need true faith in Him who came to be saved through Christ

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wendykvw

Mar 24, 2011
Colorado
✟4,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is likely St Mary was a perpetual virgin as she said henceforth all generations will call me blessed for Christ would have wanted to witness about her virginity to remind others and so they know her holiness giving her Son to all for we see at tomb if she had other children Christ would not have commited her care to St. John the beloved

I know some refer to prophecy this gate shall be shut none shall enter thereby because the Lord has entered to refer to her perpetual virginity but that seems to refer to second temple but could refer to no one will be part of spiritual temple through natural birth anymore but through Christ
The point is most protestants would not agree to the perpetual virginity of Mary.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟998,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Saint Steven said:
Aionios mistranslated as "eternal" and "everlasting" in Matt 25:46
All these verses below use the same NT Greek word, "aionios", the Greek word mistranslated as "eternal" and "everlasting" in Matt 25:46. See bold below. This shows that "aionios" cannot mean eternal or everlasting.
Aionios, the Greek word mistranslated as "eternal" and "everlasting" in the Bible (eternal hell?
)
UR nonsense! In your zeal to promote the false narrative of UR you have Listed 7 verses in which "aionios" does not occur. The word that occurs in these vss, is "aion."
Matt 13:22 "this life," Rom 12:2 "this world," 1 Cor 1:20, 2:8 "this age." Eph 2;2, "the ways'", Gal 1:4-5 world, Luk 18:29-30,"in this age, in the age to come"
“αιωνιος/aionios” occurs 72x in the N.T.
“aionios” is translated world only 5 times in the N.T. [2%]
“aionios” is correctly translated “eternal” 42 times in the N.T.[52%]
“aionios” is correctly translated “everlasting” 25 times in the N.T.[34.7%]
Jesus used “aionios” twenty eight [28] times, [38.8% of total] Jesus never used “aionios” to refer something common, ordinary/mundane which was not/could not be “eternal.”
= = = = = = = = = =
In twenty four [24] of the following 26 verses “αιων/aion//αιωνιος/aionios are defined/described as eternal, everlasting, eternity etc, by paralleling or juxtaposition with other adjectives or descriptive phrases.
= = = = = = = = = =
…..Some people claim that “αιων/aion//αιωνιος/aionios never means eternity/eternal” because a few times they refer to things which are not eternal e.g. “world.”
However, neither word is ever defined/described, by adjectives or descriptive phrases, as meaning a period less than eternal, as in the following NT verses.
…..Jesus used “aionios” twenty eight [28] times. Jesus never used “aionios” to refer to anything common, ordinary or mundane that was not/could not be eternal.
…..In the following ten verses Jesus defines/describes “aionios” as “eternal.” Lk 1:33, John 6:58, 10:28, 3:15, 3:16, 5:29, 3:36, 4:14, 6:27, 8:51

[1] Luke 1:33
(33) And he shall reign [basileusei Vb.] over the house of Jacob for ever; [αιωνας/aionas] and of his kingdom [basileias, Nn.] there shall be no end.[telos]
In this verse the reign/basileusei, the verb form of the word, is "aionas" and of the kingdom/basileias, the noun form of the same word, "there shall be no end.” “Aionas” by definition here means eternal, no end.
[2] John 6:58
(58) This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.[aionios]
In this verse Jesus juxtaposes “live aionios” with “death.” If “live aionios” is only a finite age, a finite period life cuding vovally opposing the government in power is not opposite “death.” Thus “aionios” by definition here means “eternal.”
[3] John 10:28
(28) I give them eternal [aionios] life, and they shall never [aion] perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
In this verse Jesus parallels “aionios” and “aion” with “[not] snatch them out of my hand”, and “never perish.” If “aion/aionios” means “age(s), a finite age,” that is not the opposite of “[not] snatch them out of my hand’/never perish” “Aionios life” by definition here means “eternal life.”
[4]John 3:15
(15) That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal [aionion] life.
[5] John 3:16
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting [aionion] life.
In these two verses Jesus parallels “aionion” with “should not perish,” twice. Believers could eventually perish in a finite age, by definition “aionion life” here means eternal or everlasting life.
[6]John 5:24
(24) Verily, verily, [Amen, Amen] I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting [aionios] life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
In this verse Jesus parallels “aionios” with “shall not come into condemnation” and “passed from death unto life.” “Aionios” does not mean “a finite age,” by definition here it means “eternal,” unless Jesus lets His followers come into condemnation and pass into death.
[7]John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting [aionios] life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
In this verse Jesus juxtaposed aionios life with “shall not see life.” If aionios means an indefinite age that is not opposite “shall not see life” By definition aionios means eternal.
[8]John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never [ου μη/ou mé] thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting [aionios] life.
In this verse Jesus paralleled aionios with “shall [ου μη/ou mé][fn] never thirst.” If aionios means an indefinite age that is not opposite “shall never thirst.” By definition aionios means eternal. See footnote [fn] on “ou mé” below.
[9]John 6:27
(27) Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting [aionios] life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
In this verse Jesus contrasted “aionios meat” with “meat that perishes.” If aionios means an indefinite age that is not opposite “meat that perishes.” By definition aionios means eternal.
[10]John 8:51
(51) Very truly [amen amen] I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never [ou mé eis ton aiona][fn] see death."
In this verse Jesus juxtaposes “unto aion” with “never see death.” By definition “aion” means eternity.

[Character Limit. Continued next post]

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟998,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[Previous post continued]

Paul used the word “aionios” eighteen [18] times. It is correctly translated “eternal/everlasting” 16 times and world only 2 times. In the following 12 verses Paul defines/describes “aionios” as eternal.

[11]Romans 5:21
(21) That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal [aionios] life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
In this verse Paul juxtaposes “aionios life” with death. “A finite age life” is not opposite death. “Aionios life” by definition here means ‘eternal life.”
[12]Ephesians 3:21
(21) to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever [tou aionios] and ever! [ton aionion] Amen.
In this verse Paul parallels “tou aionios ton aionion” with “throughout all generations.” "Age(s)," a finite period, cannot refer to "all generations." By definition “tou aionios ton aionion” means forever and ever.
[13]Romans 1:20
(20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal [aidios] power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
[14]Romans 16:26
(26) But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting [aionios] God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
In Rom 1:20, above, Paul refers to God’s power and Godhead as “aidios.” Scholars unanimously agree “aidios” unquestionably means eternal, everlasting, unending etc. In Rom 16:26, Paul, the same writer, in the same writing, refers to God as “aionios.” Paul has used “aionios” synonymous with “aidios.” In this verse, by definition, “aionios” means eternal, everlasting etc.
[15]2 Corinthians 4:17-18
(17) For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal [aionios] weight of glory;
(18) While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal;[proskairos] but the things which are not seen are eternal [aionios]
In this passage Paul juxtaposes “aionios” with “for a moment,” vs. 4, and “temporal,” vs. 5. “Age(s)” an indeterminate finite period, it is not the opposite of “for a moment”/”temporal/temporary” “eternal” is. “Aionios” by definition here means “eternal.”
[16]2 Corinthians 5:1
(1) For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal [aionios] in the heavens.
In this verse Paul juxtaposes “aionios house” with “earthly house which is destroyed.” God is not going to replace our destroyed earthly house with a house which only lasts a little longer and will be destroyed at the end of an indeterminate age. The aionios house is not destroyed, the opposite of “is destroyed.” Thus, “aionios” by definition here means “eternal.”
[17]1 Timothy 6:16
(16) Who only hath immortality, [aphthartos] dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting [aionios]
In this verse Paul paralleled “aionios” with “immortality.” If “aionios” is only a finite age, God cannot be “immortal” and exist only for a finite age at the same time. Thus “aionios” by definition means “eternal.”
[18]Galatians 6:8
(8) For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; [fthora] but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. [aionios]
In this verse Paul juxtaposes “aionios” with “corruption.” “Fleshly” people reap “corruption” but spiritual people reap “life aionios,” i.e. “not corruption.” “Age(s), a finite period, is not opposite of “corruption.” Thus “aionios life” by definition here means “eternal/everlasting life.”
[19]Romans 2:7
(7) To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, [apftharsia] he will give eternal [aionios] life.
In this verse Paul parallels “aionios life” with “immortality.” If “aionios” is only a finite period, believers do not seek for “a finite age,” and “immortality” at the same time. But they can seek for “eternal life” and “immortality” at the same time. Thus by definition “aionios life” here means “eternal life.”
[20]1 Timothy 1:17.
(17) Now unto the King eternal, [aion] immortal, [aphthartos] invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever [aion] and ever [aionios]. Amen.
In this verse Paul parallels “aion” and “aionios” with “immortal.” “Aion”/”aionios” cannot mean “age(s),” a finite age and immortal at the same time. Thus “aion”/”aionios” by definition here means “eternal.”
[21]Romans 5:21
(21) That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal [aionios] life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
In this verse Paul juxtaposes “aionios life” with death. “A finite ‘age’ life” is not opposite death. “Aionios life” by definition here means ‘eternal life.”
[22]Ephesians 3:21
(21) to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever [tou aionios] and ever! [ton aionion] Amen.
In this verse Paul parallels “tou aionios/ton aionion” with “throughout all generations.” "Age(s)" a finite period cannot refer to "all generations." By definition “tou aionios ton aionion” means forever and ever.
[23]Hebrews 7:24 but because Jesus lives forever [aion] he has an unchangeable [aparabatos] priesthood.
In this verse “aion” is parallel with “unchangeable.” If “aion” means “age(s),” Jesus cannot continue for only a “finite age” and simultaneously be “unchangeable.” Thus “aion” by definition here means “eternal.”
[24]1 Peter 1:23
(23) For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, [aphthartos] through the living and enduring word of God. …
1 Peter 1:25
(25) but the word of the Lord endures forever.[aion] " And this is the word that was preached to you.
In verse 23 Peter parallels “word of God” with “imperishable.” The same writer, Peter, in the same writing 1 Peter, in verse 25 writes the word of God “endures eis ton aiona/unto eternity. ” The word of God is not a finite age long but imperishable. Thus by definition “aion” here means “eternity”
[25]1 Peter 5:10
(10) And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal [aionion] glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, [oligon] will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
In this verse Peter contrasted “aionios” with “little while” Jesus does not give His followers a finite period of glory then they eventually die. Thus “aionios” here, by definition, means “eternal.”
[26]Revelation 14:11
(11) And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever:[eis aionas aionon] and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
In this verse “aionas aionon torment” is paralleled with “no rest day or night.” If “aionas, aionon” means “a finite age” at some time they would rest, “Aionas, aionon” by definition here means “forever and forever.”
= = = = = = =
Footnotes ου μη/ou mé
●The double negative [ου μη] signifies in nowise, by no means. Θεωρήσῃ[theōrésé], denoting steady, protracted vision, is purposely used, because the promise contemplates the entire course of the believer's life in Christ. It is not, shall not die forever, but shall live eternally.[Vincent word studies]
● ④οὐ marker of reinforced negation, in combination w. μή, οὐ μή has the effect of strengthening the negation (Kühner-G. II 221–23; Schwyzer II 317; Mlt. 187–92 [a thorough treatment of NT usage]; B-D-F §365; RLudwig: D. prophet. Wort 31 ’37, 272–79; JLee, NovT 27, ’85, 18–23; B-D-F §365.—Pla., Hdt. et al. [Kühner-G. loc. cit.]; SIG 1042, 16; POxy 119, 5, 14f; 903, 16; PGM 5, 279; 13, 321; LXX; TestAbr A 8 p. 85, 11 [Stone p. 46]; JosAs 20:3; GrBar 1:7; ApcEsdr 2:7; Just., D. 141, 2). οὐ μή is the most decisive way of negativing something in the future.

Arndt, W., Danker, F. W., Bauer, W., & Gingrich, F. W. (2000)A Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament and other early Christian Literature.(3rd Ed). Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
● The combinations with οὐ μή also be noticed as, ουδεν οὐ μή (Lu. 10:19); οὐ μή se σε άνο ουδ ου σε εγκαταιπο (Heb. 13:5); ουκετι οὐ μή (Rev. 18:14). There is no denying the power of this accumulation of negatives. Cf. the English hymn "I'll never, no never, no never forsake."
Grammar Of The Greek New Testament In The Light Of Historical Research
By A. T. Robertson, M.A., D.D., Ll.D., Litt.D. p.1165.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟494,729.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
As much as it appeals to our flesh, biblical interpretations rely on our presuppositions. Thus the reason we have so many Christian denominations. Same book various interpretations. Human fallibility.

Some people get too technical. Interpretations require prerequisites like a biblical world view, a narrative, something to interpret scripture into such that one homogeneous plan or algorithm results.

Only the truth can save; is typically misunderstood. "Santa clause has white whiskers", is true, but saves no one. While the truth may save, more is required; one way of understanding that verse is to look at the opposite; only the deception cannot save, but all are deceived or were deceived 2000 years ago when Revelation was written, and the deception was magnified around 300 AD. Because all are deceived and some are saved, deception does not have to be deadly, if we keep the commandments and have the faith of Jesus.

The greatest deception is, "The Law is Abrogated", or "The Covenant is Abrogated"; such would leave Jesus unemployed.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟586,058.00
Faith
Christian
This message by Greg Laurie convicts me. Though I don’t agree with Greg Laurie views that God will only save Christian’s who put trust in Christ alone for salvation to say people who follow churches they don’t know is wrong I believe he really is knowledgeable to be preaching truth and really cares

“So stop telling lies. Let us tell our neighbors the truth” —Ephesians 4:25

I have a friend who is a doctor. Sometimes he has to tell people they have cancer, and it’s very difficult news to deliver. But there are also times when my friend can give them hope for a course of treatment. He tells his patients the truth, and he also tells them the solution.

In the same way, we don’t like to talk to people about Hell. We tell them Jesus loves them and has a plan for their lives. We tell them He will forgive their sins and will give them joy and peace.

But if they say, “I don’t really want to believe in Jesus. As a matter of fact, I’m pretty happy with my life. What happens to me when I die?” we don’t want to say the H-word. We don’t want to tell them about Hell. In reality, that is failing to give them the gospel truth.

Jeremiah 6:14 says this of false prophets who wouldn’t tell the people the truth: “They offer superficial treatments for my people’s mortal wound. They give assurances of peace when there is no peace.”

It would be like going to the hospital with a severe injury, and they give you a couple of aspirin and say, “You can go home. You’re good!” That’s crazy. You need help.

To promise Heaven and not warn of Hell, to offer forgiveness without repentance, to preach the gospel without the Cross is a false message giving false hope.

If you really love people, you will tell them the truth about eternity. You won’t hold back. You will lovingly engage them with the gospel but also warn them of the consequences of what can happen if they don’t believe.

May God give us a burden like we’ve never had before for people who need Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0