Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Those who do not believe that Mary was regarded as Queen Mother of Heaven by early Christians obviously don't understand the Jewish understanding of גְּבִירָה‎ (Gebirah). You see, in ancient Israel a newly appointed king meant a newly appointed queen. However, they generally didn't appoint a king's wife because most kings had more than one wife. The custom was to appoint the kings mother as queen. This position was known as גְּבִירָה‎ (Gebirah), Queen Mother. We see how Solomon elevated Bathsheba to this office and even gave her a throne next to his own in the royal court.

Why is this ancient Jewish custom important???

This explains Gabriel's greeting to Mary during The Annunciation...

Luke 1:28-29
New Catholic Bible
28 The angel came to her and said, “Hail, full of grace! The Lord is with you.” 29 But she was greatly troubled by his words and wondered in her heart what this salutation could mean.

In ancient Israel this greeting begins with "Hail", a common royal greeting. It is exactly what was said mockingly to Christ as they mocked Him for being King of the Jews...

John 19:3
New Catholic Bible
They kept going up to him, saying, “Hail, King of the Jews,” while striking him on the face repeatedly.

To greet Mary this way is to greet her as a Queen. And the angel was greeting her as a Queen Mother, because she would give birth to the King of Israel... Luke 1:30-33.

We also see something curious when Mary visits her cousin, Elizabeth...

Luke 1:39-45
New Catholic Bible
39 In those days, Mary set out and journeyed in haste into the hill country to a town of Judah 40 where she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. 41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb. Then Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit, 42 and she exclaimed with a loud cry, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. 43 And why am I so greatly favored that the mother of my Lord should visit me? 44 For behold, the moment that the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the child in my womb leaped for joy. 45 And blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be fulfilled.”

Not only did Elizabeth's child (John the Baptist) leap as he was filled with the Spirit in Elizabeth's womb, but Elizabeth herself was filled with the Spirit. And you'll note... it happened at the mere sound of Mary's voice. Then Elizabeth gives veneration to Mary, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. 43 And why am I so greatly favored that the mother of my Lord should visit me?" This is very important. You see, not only does Elizabeth speak of Mary as "blessed", a veneration of reverence common for royalty, Elizabeth also calls Mary, "mother of my Lord", which affirms Mary's role as, Gebirah. The reality of this begins setting in with Mary and Mary then is recorded as having broken into song...

Luke 1:46-55
New Catholic Bible
46 And Mary said:
“My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord
47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.
48 For he has looked with favor on the lowliness of his servant;
henceforth all generations will call me blessed.
49 The Mighty One has done great things for me,
and holy is his name.
50 His mercy is shown from age to age
to those who fear him.
51 He has shown the strength of his arm,
he has routed those who are arrogant in the desires of their hearts.
52 He has brought down the mighty from their thrones
and lifted up the lowly.
53 He has filled the hungry with good things
and sent the rich away empty.
54 He has come to the aid of Israel his servant,
ever mindful of his merciful love,
55 according to the promises he made to our ancestors,
to Abraham and to his descendants forever.”

In verse 48 Mary rejoices that ALL generations will call her "blessed". Why? On account of her being the very Gebirah, or Queen Mother, of Heaven. And so, here we see from the very beginning that Mary is regarded as Queen Mother by Gabriel, Elizabeth, and even herself upon said realization.

You will note that in some of the most ancient Christian art work, especially in the Catacombs, dating from the early 2nd century late 1st century, Mary is painted as Theotokos, Mother of God, and as Queen Mother. This recognition of Mary as Queen Mother of Heaven, the Mother of God, is one of the earliest Christian practices to date. Tie all this up to include her intercession at the wedding in Cana, to her being appointed John's mother (and so the Church's mother), and how Acts specifically mentions her by name when the Apostles are gathered, and finally John's "woman" in Revelation 12 who gives birth to the king who will rule all nations fleshes out quite well to represent Mary as the Archetype of the Church as a whole.

Revelation 12:1-17
1 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon beneath her feet, and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2 She was with child and about to give birth, crying aloud in the anguish of her labor.
3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: a huge red dragon with seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems crowning his heads. 4 His tail swept away a third of the stars in the sky and hurled them to the earth.
The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child as soon as it was born. 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child who is destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod. And her child was taken up directly to God and to his throne. 6 The woman herself fled into the wilderness where she would be looked after for twelve hundred and sixty days in a place prepared for her by God.
7 Next, war broke out in heaven, with Michael and his angels in combat against the dragon. The dragon and his angels fought back, 8 but they were defeated, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon—the ancient serpent who is called the devil, or Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—was hurled down to earth, and his angels were cast down with him.
10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
“Now have come the salvation and the power
and the kingdom of our God
and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brethren has been cast out,
the one who accused them day and night before our God.
11 They have conquered him
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony;
even in the face of death
they did not cling to life.
12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens,
and you who dwell in them!
But woe to you, earth and sea,
because the devil has come down to you.
He is filled with rage,
for he knows that his time is short.”
13 When the dragon realized that he had been hurled down to earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she could fly away from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she was to be looked after for a year, two years, and a half year.
15 Then from his mouth the serpent spewed out water like a river after the woman to sweep her away with the flood. 16 However, the earth came to the rescue of the woman: it opened its mouth and swallowed the river spewed from the dragon’s mouth.
17 Then the dragon became enraged at the woman and went off to wage war on the rest of her offspring, those who keep God’s commandments and bear witness to Jesus.

This reference goes back to the first prophecy in the Garden of Eden...

Genesis 3:14-15
New Catholic Bible
14 The Lord God said to the serpent,
“Because you have done this, you will be the most cursed
of all the animals
and of all the wild beasts.
On your belly you shall crawl
and you shall eat dust
for all the days of your life.
15 I will establish hostility
between you and the woman,
between your line and her line.
Her offspring will crush your head
and you will bruise his heel.”

You will note that God promises to establish hostility between Satan and "the woman", his "line", and "her line". And her offspring would crush the serpent's head though the serpent will bruise his heel (the Crucifixion). But the telling thing about this prophecy is the grammatical subject... the Woman. Hostility exists between Satan and Mary, the mother of the offspring. So, from the beginning this woman's role as Mother of God, and so Queen Mother, plays a key part in mankind's salvation.

Point is... from my vantage point... the adoration and reverence given to Mary as Queen of Heaven is perfectly biblical and actually enriches one's understanding of Revelation 12.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christopher0121

Brother In Christ
Jun 28, 2011
Ohio
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I also found this interesting regarding the biblical Hebrew term Gebirah (גְּבִירָה)...

Strong's Concordance
gebirah: lady, queen
Original Word: גְּבִירָה
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Transliteration: gebirah
Phonetic Spelling: (gheb-ee-raw')
Definition: lady, queen
NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
fem. of gebir
Definition
lady, queen
NASB Translation
queen (1), queen mother (5).

Upvote 0

Christopher0121

Brother In Christ
Jun 28, 2011
Ohio
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As I pondered this devotionally just now... I realized I didn't mention something.

Gabriel is an Archangel. This means he answers only to God Almighty. When offering Mary the royal greeting, "Hail, full of grace! The Lord is with you.”, this Archangel is giving royal honor as to a superior. Some icons from the ancient world even have the Archangel taking a knee.

Contemplate that. An Archangel who answers only to God is honoring, giving royal reverence, to Mary, a young girl probably no older than 15 years of age. This is a princess story if ever there was one. Mary is elevated to such Heavenly royalty, Archangels bow to her in reverence. This means of every soul ruling and reigning in Heaven as we speak... only God Himself (the Holy Trinity) has more authority and honor than Mary.

Wow. What a beautiful thought. I so love our Queen Mother. :sob:

lady-vladimir-beg-12th-c-icon-moved-14183419.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As I pondered this devotionally just now... I realized I didn't mention something.

Gabriel is an Archangel. This means he answers only to God Almighty. When offering Mary the royal greeting, "Hail, full of grace! The Lord is with you.”, this Archangel is giving royal honor as to a superior. Some icons from the ancient world even have the Archangel taking a knee.

Contemplate that. An Archangel who answers only to God is honoring, giving royal reverence, to Mary, a young girl probably no older than 15 years of age. This is a princess story if ever there was one. Mary is elevated to such Heavenly royalty, Archangels bow to her in reverence. This means of every soul ruling and reigning in Heaven as we speak... only God Himself (the Holy Trinity) has more authority and honor than Mary.

Wow. What a beautiful thought. I so love our Queen Mother. :sob:

lady-vladimir-beg-12th-c-icon-moved-14183419.jpg

I am not sure about the source of your information but it is not the Bible.

Luke 1:26-38, NIV "In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

“How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. For no word from God will ever fail.”

“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her."

1) The angel Gabriel is not acknowledging Mary as his superior. He is simply saying that she is highly favored by God.
2) Mary was "greatly troubled" by what was said. Why, if in your opinion, she was above Gabriel, was she so troubled?
3) Likewise, why did she wonder what kind of greeting this might be?
4) Why did Gabriel say "Do not be afraid, Mary"?
5) Why did she respond, "How will this be?"

It seems to me that Mary was an innocent teenager chosen by God to give birth to Jesus, not by any merit of her own but simply an instrument of God's will. She was "greatly troubled" and afraid by being selected for this task.

She and Joseph raised Jesus through His youth, but at one point lost sight of him for three days. (Luke 2). And when she and Jesus' brothers came to talk to Him as an adult He responded...

Matthew 12:47-49 (NIV), "Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”

He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers".

Clearly your image of Mary isn't in line with God's word (the Bible).

Reactions: Ligurian
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Catholic was officially recognized by Justinian Decree at 538 AD and empower the Pope with absolute power to persecute resistants for 1260 years of Inquisition (the woman run to wilderness to avoid persecution).

"The Roman Catholic Church held an inquisition and found Galileo guilty of heresy – his crime? Saying that the Sun was at the center of universe! The Galileo affair was a sequence of events, beginning around 1610, culminating with the trial and condemnation of Galileo Galilei by the Roman Catholic Inquisition in 1633 for his support of heliocentrism. ... Trouble arose when Galileo wrote the Dialogue on the Two World Systems and the Pope believed he was being mocked in Galileo’s writing."
Roman Catholic Church Inquisition Found Galileo Guilty of Heresy – Science Vibe

The whole title, for which pdfs are available:
"Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems: Ptolemaic and Copernican"

Was the Inquisition pope one of those Ptolemaic ones?
Vatican NWO – Bloodlines

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christopher0121

Brother In Christ
Jun 28, 2011
Ohio
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Luke 1:26-38, NIV "In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

“How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. For no word from God will ever fail.”

“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her."

First observation, you're using the NIV, which is more of a mix between formal equivalence and a dynamic translation. Dynamic Translations tend to reflect the views of the translator more than the translation itself.

1) The angel Gabriel is not acknowledging Mary as his superior. He is simply saying that she is highly favored by God.

This is a common misunderstanding. Most non-Catholics seem to think that the Angel Gabriel shows up to say, "Hey girl, wassup? Guess what, God chose ya to have his Son!" Not so. In ancient Israel, when you immediately greeted someone you regarded as royalty, you greeted them with "Hail!" We see this in the mocking of Christ by the Romans...

Matthew 27:28-29
New Catholic Bible
28 They stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him, 29 and after twisting some thorns into a crown, they placed it on his head and put a reed in his right hand. Then, bending the knee before him, they mocked him, saying, “Hail, King of the Jews!”​

Compare...

Luke 1:28
New Catholic Bible
The angel came to her and said, “Hail, full of grace! The Lord is with you.”​

This is a well known fact among ancient scholars and is even mentioned by the Church Fathers. This is WHY Mary was so disturbed about how to answer such a greeting... she was merely a young woman. It is also of note that NOTHING in the Scriptures is just a passing detail. The fact that this story actually names the angel is telling...

Luke 1:26-27
New Catholic Bible
26 In the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth, 27 to a virgin betrothed to a man named Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary.​

You see, in Holy Scripture, the vast majority of angelic encounters go without the angel even being named. When the Bible names an angel... and it is an angel regarded historically as an Archangel, it's ranking and the importance of what is unfolding is paramount. The fact that the angel identifies himself as Gabriel (the Archangel) in verse 19 and greets Mary with "Hail, full of grace!" What the Scripture is setting us up for is the reality that an Archangel is greeting Mary as a Queen. This would have made early audiences of the Gospel gasp in amazement. This is only a little girl? Why is an angel who only answers to God greeting her as royalty??? This my friend is a reality that non-Catholics gloss over and totally ignore. But it is here. And like I said, it is commented on by the Church Fathers, Councils, and even the Magisterium of the Church. The only one's who don't see this are those non-Catholics who deliberately close their eyes to it.

2) Mary was "greatly troubled" by what was said. Why, if in your opinion, she was above Gabriel, was she so troubled?
3) Likewise, why did she wonder what kind of greeting this might be?

I think you're missing the point. If the greeting is of no great consequence, she wouldn't be troubled at all, she'd be honored. However, here's an Archangel hailing her as Queen... that would trouble her greatly. It would be puzzling beyond belief. I can hear her thinking, "Wait! What? Me? I'm no Queen!", and she wouldn't have a clue as to how to reciprocate the greeting, which would be especially customary given the formality of the greeting issued by the angel.

4) Why did Gabriel say "Do not be afraid, Mary"?

Actually, for several reasons. First off, formal greetings such as these demand a response. Mary wouldn't be familiar with how to reciprocate the greeting, she's only a child. To offer the proper response to the angel's greeting, she would have to put herself in royal prerogative. Not only would this be to assert herself over the Archangel greeting her, but it would be treason to those actually ruling on the throne (house of Herod). This is a VERY serious ordeal unfolding before her. She has every reason in the world to fear the possibility of insulting the Archangel or committing treason with her words. Remember, Herod was known for his paranoia and this is born out when he learns of a king being born in Bethlehem of Judea. When one considers these events in the context of the greater narrative it all begins to make crystal clear sense as to why she was afraid.

5) Why did she respond, "How will this be?"

Because she had not known a man.

It seems to me that Mary was an innocent teenager chosen by God to give birth to Jesus, not by any merit of her own but simply an instrument of God's will.

Amen, she was chosen on no merit of her own. However, she wasn't chosen on the fly as non-Catholics might assume. When Gabriel states, "Hail, full of grace!", he uses the indicative active aorist tense. This means... she was "full of grace" from her conception. She wasn't just chosen on the fly in a single moment of time. She was chosen from before her conception to bear the one who would possess the throne of David and reign over the house of Jacob for ever, and has possessed that grace throughout her existence.

She was "greatly troubled" and afraid by being selected for this task.

How is this, seeing that she was greatly troubled at Gabriel's greeting BEFORE she understood what she was being called to do??? It's best to understand that Mary was disturbed by the greeting, as the Scriptures attest...

New Catholic Bible
28 The angel came to her and said, “Hail, full of grace! The Lord is with you.” 29 But she was greatly troubled by his words and wondered in her heart what this salutation could mean.​

She and Joseph raised Jesus through His youth, but at one point lost sight of him for three days. (Luke 2). And when she and Jesus' brothers came to talk to Him as an adult He responded...

Keep in mind they were in Jerusalem for the Passover...

Luke 2:41-45
New Catholic Bible
41 The Boy Jesus in the Temple. Every year his parents used to go to Jerusalem for the feast of Passover. 42 And when Jesus was twelve years old, they made the journey as usual for the feast. 43 When the days of the feast were over and they set off for home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem. His parents were not aware of this. 44 Assuming that he was somewhere in the group of travelers, they journeyed for a day. Then they started to look for him among their relatives and friends, 45 but when they failed to find him, they returned to Jerusalem to search for him.​

Remember, it is customary for families to travel together. There would be uncles, aunts, cousins, close family friends, etc. traveling together. And it wasn't uncommon for a young person to saddle up with an uncle or cousins during such trips. You'll notice they traveled a day's journey before realizing that Jesus was missing. This is because when the caravan stopped for the night, families would reunite around their fires. However, Jesus was nowhere to be found. So, this was the first day Jesus was out of their sight. The second day was the journey back to Jerusalem. And then they spent most of the third day searching Jerusalem, finally finding Him in the Temple.

If you're insinuating that Mary and Joseph were irresponsible, you're mistaken. It was common practice to travel like this.

Matthew 12:47-49 (NIV), "Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”

He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers".

Clearly your image of Mary isn't in line with God's word (the Bible).

Here Jesus isn't dishonoring His mother (that would be a sin). He's emphasizing His dedication to the ministry. It should also be noted regarding verse 46...

Matthew 12:46
New Catholic Bible
46 While he was still speaking to the crowds, his mother and his brethren appeared. They were standing outside, wishing to speak with him. [ 47 Someone told him, “Behold, your mother and your brothers are standing outside. They want to speak with you.”]​

Verse 46: His mother and his brethren: “brethren” here is used in the sense of “cousins” or “relatives.” If they were true brothers of Jesus, sons of Mary, the Gospel would say: “his mother and the sons of his mother,” which was the normal manner of speaking in Israel of that time.

I contend that you're playing far too fast and loose with the Scriptures my friend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christopher0121

Brother In Christ
Jun 28, 2011
Ohio
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

You might also find it of interest to research how the indicative active aorist tense of Luke 1:28 was used to refute the Gnostic claims that if Jesus was born of actual flesh He'd have Original Sin tainting His flesh.

New Catholic Bible
28 The angel came to her and said, “Hail, full of grace! The Lord is with you.”​

Being in the indicative active aorist tense, this would mean Mary was full of God's sanctifying power from her conception, thereby staying the curse of Original Sin, by an act of God's mercy and grace. As a result, Mary is without Original Sin and is as sinlessly pure as Eve was before the Fall. As was prophesied by God in the Garden of Eden...

Genesis 3:14-15
New Catholic Bible
14 The Lord God said to the serpent,
“Because you have done this, you will be the most cursed
of all the animals
and of all the wild beasts.
On your belly you shall crawl
and you shall eat dust
for all the days of your life.
15 I will establish hostility
between you and the woman,
between your line and her line.
Her offspring will crush your head
and you will bruise his heel.”

The Church Fathers have explained how Mary fulfilled all of this prophecy and is essentially the new Eve, as Christ is the new Adam. In Mary's willingness to accept her calling, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord. Let it be done to me according to your word.”, she was obedient wherein Eve sinned. In Christ's sinless life and death, Christ was obedient wherein Adam sinned.

What you're witnessing is the fullness of mankind's redemption. A reversal of Adam and Eve's sin with the affirmation of Mary and Christ's obedience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christopher0121

Brother In Christ
Jun 28, 2011
Ohio
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When Christ returns and is ruling His Kingdom on Earth many will be shocked to see who will be elevated to serve as Queen within Christ's Kingdom. Because most non-Catholics have no idea what the ancient Hebrew, Gebirah (גְּבִירָה) is.

Revelation 12
Mary36.jpg

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
[...]
It seems to me that Mary was an innocent teenager chosen by God to give birth to Jesus, not by any merit of her own but simply an instrument of God's will. She was "greatly troubled" and afraid by being selected for this task.

Isn't Gabriel the prince/archangel over Elam/Persia?

Daniel 8:2 And I was in Susa the palace, which is in the land of Ælam, and I was on the bank of Ubal. 16 And I heard the voice of a man between the banks of the Ubal, and he called, and said, Gabriel, cause that man to understand the vision.LXX

Shouldn't Michael, the prince/archangel of Israel, be the one talking to Mary?

Daniel 10:20-21 And he said, Knowest thou, wherefore I am come to thee? and now I will return to fight with the prince of the Persians: and I was going in and the prince of the Greeks came. But I will tell thee that which is ordained in the scripture of truth: and there is no one that holds with Me in these matters but Michael your prince.LXX

Revelation 12:7 And there was war in Heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon fought and his angels,KJV

Jude 1:9 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses,KJV

Upvote 0

Christopher0121

Brother In Christ
Jun 28, 2011
Ohio
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Isn't Gabriel the prince/archangel over Elam/Persia?

Daniel 8:2 And I was in Susa the palace, which is in the land of Ælam, and I was on the bank of Ubal. 16 And I heard the voice of a man between the banks of the Ubal, and he called, and said, Gabriel, cause that man to understand the vision.LXX

Shouldn't Michael, the prince/archangel of Israel, be the one talking to Mary?

Daniel 10:20-21 And he said, Knowest thou, wherefore I am come to thee? and now I will return to fight with the prince of the Persians: and I was going in and the prince of the Greeks came. But I will tell thee that which is ordained in the scripture of truth: and there is no one that holds with Me in these matters but Michael your prince.LXX

Revelation 12:7 And there was war in Heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon fought and his angels,KJV

Jude 1:9 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses,KJV

According to ancient Judaism all angels are warriors. However, the Archangel Gabriel is primarily the messenger of Heaven regardless of other assigned duties. We find Gabriel repeatedly bearing messages from Heaven to Earth. We see Gabriel answering Daniel's prayers, appearing to Mary, and even in Islam it is Gabriel who allegedly spoke to Muhammed. Point is, the ancient world regarded the Archangel Gabriel as a Royal messenger of Heaven.

That's my understanding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟255,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
My point is no evidence of Mary as queen of heaven.

The Ark was made to remind the people about God's Law and the Covenant between God and Israel, not between Mary and Israel.

It has been taken to heaven to avoid abusing it at the 3rd antichrist temple where the son of perdition will commit the abomination of the desolation.

Catholic was officially recognized by Justinian Decree at 538 AD and empower the Pope with absolute power to persecute resistants for 1260 years of Inquisition (the woman run to wilderness to avoid persecution).
Jesus is the New David. In the ancient monarchy, the queen was never the wife of the King, but the mother. She sat at his right hand and interceded for the people. Jesus is the King. Mary is the queen mother.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟255,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
It is not Biblical.
Read Revelation 11 and 12 together. Also John 1.

Jesus is the literal word of God incarnate. Mary carried Jesus in her womb. Therefore, she is the ark of the new covenant. She bore God in the flesh.

Upvote 0

Christopher0121

Brother In Christ
Jun 28, 2011
Ohio
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Many Protestants don't understand the גְּבִירָה‎ (Gebirah, Queen Mother) of ancient Israel and therefore they deny that Mary is Queen. But in doing this they unknowingly deny Christ's Kingship. For you see, if Jesus is King and reigns upon the throne of David.... Mary has to be Queen Mother of Heaven. Catholics recognize this authentic Kingdom wherein Christ, Mary, and the Saints are literally ruling and reigning from Heaven.

Protestants don't see Christ's Kingship in such an authentic manner. To them, Heaven is more like a corporation with Christ as CEO than an actual Kingdom with an actual royal family.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟839,778.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Many Protestants don't understand the גְּבִירָה‎ (Gebirah, Queen Mother) of ancient Israel and therefore they deny that Mary is Queen. But in doing this they unknowingly deny Christ's Kingship. For you see, if Jesus is King and reigns upon the throne of David.... Mary has to be Queen Mother of Heaven. Catholics recognize this authentic Kingdom wherein Christ, Mary, and the Saints are literally ruling and reigning from Heaven.

Protestants don't see Christ's Kingship in such an authentic manner. To them, Heaven is more like a corporation with Christ as CEO than an actual Kingdom with an actual royal family.
Not all Protestants...

Upvote 0

lanceleo

Apr 18, 2018
✟46,816.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Heaven is probably a big place. John was the last apostle to die.
How many other apostles did he see there?

The thrones are in a prominent place. I believe it's elevated and easy to spot. It would be ridiculous to be sitting on a throne and yet missed by the multitude.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟839,778.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The thrones are in a prominent place. I believe it's elevated and easy to spot. It would be ridiculous to be sitting on a throne and yet missed by the multitude.
Like every other part of the Bible, God tells us what we need to know and what He wants us to know. He does not always tell us what we want to know.

Christ the King is Biblical, therefore Mary as "Queen Mother" is also.

Problem with reformed protestantism is the irrational rejection of all things catholic; even the good parts such as valid Marion theology, the commemoration of the saints, efficacy of the sacraments, and liturgical worship. All of which are supported by Scripture, and by the apostolic teachings from the 1st through 3rd century. Most Protestants Just throw the baby out with the bath-water, and trade faith for works righteousness, legalism and pietism, and drop the ball on Christ's gifts of grace given not only in the Word, but in the Sacraments.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,966.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It is not Biblical.
It actually is. The whole annunciation to the visitation with Elizabeth in Luke parallels the 2nd Chronicles involving the Arc. Luke, intentionally did that to illustrate her as the new Arc.

At the same time, it's biblical logic. What was the Arc? The container of God's word made stone. What did Mary contain in her womb? God's word made flesh. The contents with in the Arc where called the covenant - the old covenant (hence the name). What was in Mary's womb? The new everlasting covenant.

Upvote 0

Servant78

Mar 4, 2022
Bali
✟31,644.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the New David. In the ancient monarchy, the queen was never the wife of the King, but the mother. She sat at his right hand and interceded for the people. Jesus is the King. Mary is the queen mother.

And John didnt see her in heaven.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.