timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am not ordering you what to eat. Eat what you can or want. I do not know why you take everything personally.

Diet of our ancestors is hardly a fad diet, its just using buzzwords without making any sense.

Regarding "experts", everybody can find dozens of experts on anything with dozens of different opinions. You need to live your own life and make your own decisions.

Things can be quite frustrating when you want to try something but financial circumstances won't let you do it.

I did not decide or desired to have low income or be a loser but I can't seem to get past my psychological issues no matter how hard I try or pray about it.

It's really embarrassing when I found out the pastor relative of ours he never knew of my issues but probably figured it out anyway by the way I talked, my speech/thinking problems. He prayed for the healing of my "dumbness". The exact word he used. I didn't feel insulted by it. In fact, I felt I needed that prayer. I really did and appreciate it. It's probably the reason why I never make it past interviews in my job applications. I do a little better in exams but hampered by slow thinking.

My issues aside. This is probably why "experts" don't recommend certain things on grounds of "sustainability".

If only few people can do it or make that decision then it's unsustainable. It probably isn't exactly what sustainability stands for but now it's taking on a broader meaning probably due to climate change and people becoming more aware of social inequalities, etc.

Having six figure salary would probably give you longer lifespan than with high quality diet but living in poverty. Yet experts don't recommend everyone to strive to make at least six figures salary because it's "unsustainable".

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,270,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
You are welcome to present the "so high evidence".

You don't seem to trust any leading medical authorities or even whole branches of medical science (such as epidemiology) ... so what is the point? You seem more willing to trust quacks and half-educated journalists.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟152,929.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Things can be quite frustrating when you want to try something but financial circumstances won't let you do it.

I did not decide or desired to have low income or be a loser but I can't seem to get past my psychological issues no matter how hard I try or pray about it.

It's really embarrassing when I found out the pastor relative of ours he never knew of my issues but probably figured it out anyway by the way I talked, my speech/thinking problems. He prayed for the healing of my "dumbness". The exact word he used. I didn't feel insulted by it. In fact, I felt I needed that prayer. I really did and appreciate it. It's probably the reason why I never make it past interviews in my job applications. I do a little better in exams but hampered by slow thinking.

My issues aside. This is probably why "experts" don't recommend certain things on grounds of "sustainability".

If only few people can do it or make that decision then it's unsustainable. It probably isn't exactly what sustainability stands for but now it's taking on a broader meaning probably due to climate change and people becoming more aware of social inequalities, etc.

Having six figure salary would probably give you longer lifespan than with high quality diet but living in poverty. Yet experts don't recommend everyone to strive to make at least six figures salary because it's "unsustainable".
I do not thing you are dumb, you seem intelligent. However, we cannot argue topics based upon your personal life/social situation. When I was poor when I was younger, I also ate cheaper foods, its logical. And if I will be poor again, I will need to do it again.

When we talk about rational concepts (what is best, what is good, what is natural for humans, what is proven, what is the right scientific vocabulary...), these concepts are not meant as some kind of ordering you to go to buy food you cannot afford. Buy what you can, eat what you can.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟152,929.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You don't seem to trust any leading medical authorities or even whole branches of medical science (such as epidemiology) ... so what is the point? You seem more willing to trust quacks and half-educated journalists.
The point is for you to realize that this "high evidence" is not any "high evidence", when scrutinized. You just base it on a belief in institutions or authorities, which may be sometimes necessary in life, but its not enough for a discussion.

Not sure who are you still trying to call quacks. If I recall correctly, the most videos I posted on this topic were from Eric Westman or Anthony Chaffee. Do you mean them? Or do you mean some authors of the studies I posted somewhere?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟152,929.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
whole branches of medical science (such as epidemiology)
I myself used several epidemiological studies during our conversations. We just need to realize that its only epidemiology, when talking about such studies. Its the lowest quality evidence.

For example, in the thread "Foods which correlate with CVD risk" which you are even currently actively participating in. Check the OP study I used. Its epidemiological. And you yourself took the position not to trust it, which is funny.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,270,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I myself used several epidemiological studies during our conversations. We just need to realize that its only epidemiology, when talking about such studies. Its the lowest quality evidence.

For example, in the thread "Foods which correlate with CVD risk" which you are even currently actively participating in. Check the OP study I used. Its epidemiological. And you yourself took the position not to trust it, which is funny.

It contradicts alot of evidence accumulated over the years, that plant-based diets don't present increased CVD risk. One study vs. a mountain of data that says otherwise. You also fail to understand the context of the actual study, comparing poor people in third world countries eating diets based on refined grain and tropical oils, with the developed world.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟152,929.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It contradicts alot of evidence accumulated over the years, that plant-based diets don't present increased CVD risk. One study vs. a mountain of data that says otherwise. You also fail to understand the context of the actual study, comparing poor people in third world countries eating diets based on refined grain and tropical oils, with the developed world.
See, how easy it is for you to dismiss studies you do not like? But for some reason, you expect the epidemiological studies about for example meat and CVD to be accepted without criticism.

Also, your wording like "the mountain of data that says otherwise" is simply just rhetorics. I can claim the same thing for the opposite side.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,270,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
See, how easy it is for you to dismiss studies you do not like?

I'm not dismissing the study in an ad hoc fashion, just saying that it can't be used to reasonably conclude that plant-based diets in general elevate CVD risk.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟152,929.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not dismissing the study in an ad hoc fashion, just saying that it can't be used to reasonably conclude that plant-based diets in general elevate CVD risk.
Your dismissing of this study does not seem very elaborate, to me. Why do you think studies you use are better?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,270,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I do not thing you are dumb, you seem intelligent. However, we cannot argue topics based upon your personal life/social situation. When I was poor when I was younger, I also ate cheaper foods, its logical. And if I will be poor again, I will need to do it again.

When we talk about rational concepts (what is best, what is good, what is natural for humans, what is proven, what is the right scientific vocabulary...), these concepts are not meant as some kind of ordering you to go to buy food you cannot afford. Buy what you can, eat what you can.

A cheap diet and a poor diet aren't necessarily the same thing.

Some of the healthiest populations in the world eat alot less meat than some unhealthy countries (like the US). High meat consumption can easily coexist with a poor quality diet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟152,929.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A cheap diet and a poor diet aren't necessarily the same thing.

Some of the healthiest populations in the world eat alot less meat than some unhealthy countries (like the US). High meat consumption can easily coexist with a poor quality diet.
As I said earlier, prices are local and fluctuating, based on market conditions, therefore this topic is not too meaningful.

One can buy cheap meat or cheap plants, one can also buy very expensive exotic meat or exotic plants. There are many various items in both categories.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

I don't know. I'm slow of thought with unreliable memory and it manifest sometimes when I speak and it would explain why other people think I'm dumb. It makes me slow at work, learning difficulties due to issues with memory, and generally fail at socializing/communication. I used to have a career in IT but could not advance due to these problems and eventually got fired, mainly from poor overall performance. I have no friends either as a result of these problems.

My thoughts only become more coherent and focused when I'm in hypnogogic state and I either have to lay down to do that or during cardio workouts in "autopilot" mode. I often did this when trying to solve algorithms. It doesn't make me any faster because I have to get off work and obviously, I can't socialize in these states of the mind. But it highlights that I have a problem. Signals in my head seemingly getting badly jammed by my consciousness and only clears up whenever I'm in semi-conscious state.

Anyway, my diet seems to work well. Exercise not giving me problems either. I'm in surprisingly excellent state of health, never getting sick despite having high amount of stress and the lack of social life. It's ridiculous really. I'm not saying stress is good or loneliness is good. I believe that low stress is good. The correlations with observations is plainly obvious.

Lately my diet is more meat with more saturated fats in the past two weeks with little to no veggies (I ate rice but we don't consider rice a veggie, in fact, cats can safely eat rice). We got generous donation of food during the holidays.

My blood pressure did not change on average. I feel just the same even through the workouts. I had headaches in the past few days but I don't blame it on the meat but from much higher than average levels of stress and less hours of sleep.

Upvote 0