N/A
✟155,415.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is important to know if a mental illness is due to physical illness. However, many supposed mental illnesses are spiritual bondage. There is no pill for demonic oppression. I've seen people completely transformed after being born again and delivered.
And I have seen many people's mental problems to go away after eating proper human diet. Mine problems (OCD, anxieties) included.

People overspiritualize biological things like hormones. And there are plenty of hormone disruptors in the so called food most people eat.

Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,277,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Who wants to live with dementia, Alzheimer's (or type 3 diabetes), and all the other metabolic diseases? When I can have a long life naturally which is science proven.

Alzheimer's and dementia aren't inevitable results of aging.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
And I have seen many people's mental problems to go away after eating proper human diet. Mine problems (OCD, anxieties) included.

People overspiritualize biological things like hormones. And there are plenty of hormone disruptors in the so called food most people eat.
So Jesus was kidding when He said not to worry about what you eat or drink? Or that food will not defile us? “Do you not yet realize that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then is eliminated?" Obsession with food is unhealthy. Sure, let's not go stupid with diet, but food is not the root of all evil.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,415.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So Jesus was kidding when He said not to worry about what you eat or drink? Or that food will not defile us? “Do you not yet realize that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then is eliminated?" Obsession with food is unhealthy. Sure, let's not go stupid with diet, but food is not the root of all evil.
The context of the words you refer to is not "eat junk that destroys you and do not worry about it", but "do not worry about not having a food, God will provide it for you".

The context is poverty, not health.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,277,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,415.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is increasing evidence that high cholesterol and triglycerides are associated with increased risk of Alzheimer's disease.

Its like saying its associated with blue shoes, long hair, having children, book reading, using Microsoft Windows or with listening to jazz. There are tons of possible associations and this junk science should really stop confusing people.

“This is a really exciting discovery because we’ve found the association between cholesterol and dementia. Until now we haven’t known high cholesterol was a risk factor for dementia, but we’ve found a link: “bad” cholesterol aggregates a protein called tau between neurons, which cross the blood-brain barrier and can lead to dementia,” Dr Misra said.

1. There is nothing exciting about associations.
2. A "risk factor" is a vocabulary from the cause-effect world, associations cannot establish risk.
3. There is no "bad" cholesterol.

Cholesterol is a type of fat (or lipid) that plays an important role in the body, helping to make hormones, vitamin D, and substances that aid in digestion. However, too much “bad” cholesterol from a high fat diet or dyslipidaemia, where there’s an imbalance of lipid levels in the blood, can be deadly.

1. Again, there is no "bad" cholesterol.
2. Alarming language - high fat diet can be deadly.

If there's too much cholesterol in the blood, the cholesterol can form plaques that collect on the artery walls...

1. Cholesterol is not in the blood, cholesterol is in cells. Its carried in the blood by lipoproteins. Lipoproteins are not cholesterol.
2. There is no proof that cholesterol can form plaques on the artery walls.

Etc. Overall quite a weird, unscientific article. Almost every second sentence is some kind of a nonsense or a pure speculation. So many silly images of scientists with test tubes throughout the website that one almost gets suspicious if its a legit organization. However, their "study" was just some computer statistics, nothing more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

I think ketones might have a positive healing effect on the brain.

Fasting can raise levels of both Ketones and endorphins on the blood and may have strong therapeutic effect on the mental and psychological well-being. When glucose levels are low from fasting, the brain can use Ketones for fuel.

Whenever I get this massive calorie deficit from fasting and a long bout of exercise, once a week, the feeling afterwards is incredible. The nap and sleep for a few days is just amazing and sometimes my muscles are sore from the long workout, yet the soreness turns into good feelings. It's probably from the endorphins. I think it's mildly addictive so I'm careful and discipline myself from doing too much exercise.

To those planning on doing intermittent fasting, combining it with exercise can make things easier because exercise seems to suppress constant hunger cravings. However, I think these effects only work if insulin sensitivity and Growth Hormone (GH) levels are good.

People who are obese or overweight may have impaired Insulin function and low levels of GH. Fasting and exercise together could eventually restore normal insulin function and raise GH levels after sometime, making it easier to lose weight but until that point, it's going to be an uphill battle to lose weight through fasting and exercise.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No. However, Lord Jesus already prayed, fasted an defeated Satan completely. We have the same power and authority as Jesus has. Jesus is our victory. When we see that clearly, dealing with demons is straightforward. We cast them out. The main obstacle to deliverance is lack of cooperation from the sufferer.

That is true. It seems like the same thing can be said about health.

The placebo effect is a real thing. Science acknowledge its reality but cannot fully explain it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,415.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
my muscles are sore from the long workout, yet the soreness turns into good feelings.
Since I am on animal based diet, I do not experience muscle soreness after workouts. I can go on and on and on and nothing.

I experienced the workout soreness before, when I was eating bread, cereals, rice, sugar, cocoa and similar things. Sometimes even for days after workouts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Since I am on animal based diet, I do not experience muscle soreness after workouts. I can go on and on and on and nothing.

I experienced the workout soreness before, when I was eating bread, cereals, rice, sugar, cocoa and similar things. Sometimes even for days after workouts.

I don't get sore if I limit my bicycle ride in the mountain to only 4 hrs (continuously without stopping) burning 2,200 Calories in the workout in only one session.

Noting I only weigh 119 lbs. I'd have burned even more calories if weighed more. I only start getting sore if the session is nearing 6 hrs without stopping and burned well over 3,000 Calories.

How long is your longest single session workout and how much calories do you burn in that workout?

Also note, I'm doing these workouts in a fasted state. I sometimes don't even drink water even in the summer heat. I only drink when thirsty and sometimes, I don't get thirsty.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Man-made processed food is. Not what God placed on this earth.
Funny how with all the terrible food we eat, life expectancy is far higher than when people ate supposedly healthy foods. A recent reason to panic is PFAS. Everyone has some in their body, apparently. Along with fat, COVID vaccinations, pesticides, gluten and peanuts, the human race should be extinct before too long.

I'm 72. I've seen too many "scientific" pronouncements on diet to be anything but sceptical. Since the obsession with low fat everything began, obesity rates are sky high. Butter was bad, now it is acceptable. Milk is bad for you too, so I'm told. So why did God sent Israel to a land flowing with milk and honey?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Funny how with all the terrible food we eat, life expectancy is far higher than when people ate supposedly healthy foods. A recent reason to panic is PFAS. Everyone has some in their body, apparently. Along with fat, COVID vaccinations, pesticides, gluten and peanuts, the human race should be extinct before too long.

Medical technology and the science is far better now and more accessible and people in the many decades past may have been exposed to deadlier toxins like lead and asbestos and even higher levels of air pollution. People used to breathe air polluted with lead and used asbestos to insulate their homes.

The century before that, medicine is even in far worse state and stress levels are probably higher. Anything earlier, there's just far more ways you can die on a daily basis like getting mauled by a wild animal, bitten by something venomous, shot, drinking contaminated water, then unknown infections, etc.

I'm 72. I've seen too many "scientific" pronouncements on diet to be anything but sceptical. Since the obsession with low fat everything began, obesity rates are sky high. Butter was bad, now it is acceptable. Milk is bad for you too, so I'm told. So why did God sent Israel to a land flowing with milk and honey?

True. Fasting is about the only thing I trust concerning matters of health. Ironically, it's the about the only thing experts agree on, that and exercise.

Thus, it's the only thing I do consistently and I eat both meat and vegetables. I don't really care if there's carbs or fats in what I'm eating. Fasting and exercising and avoiding processed and junk foods seems more than sufficient to keep healthy without meds.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,415.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How long is your longest single session workout and how much calories do you burn in that workout?
I do not measure or count calories.

I do not know what is my longest workout, the longest ones are probably a whole day hiking. Before, I would feel some pain in muscles or joints, now I do not. Just tiredness, but no soreness or pain.

My main resistance training is also in "fasting state", because its before the first meal of the day. However, without eating carbs, I am almost always in a "fast mimicking state", even when I eat, because I run on fats. Its my natural state, now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,415.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Funny how with all the terrible food we eat, life expectancy is far higher than when people ate supposedly healthy foods.
The average life expectancy is higher today than in the past because of less wars and famines and because of vaccinations and sanitation.

Without our standard western diet (smoking, alcohol, sugars, processed plant foods, seed oils, frying...) and lifestyle (stress, loud cities...) we would have a significantly higher life expectancy than we do now.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I do not know what is my longest workout, the longest ones are probably a whole day hiking. Before, I would feel some pain in muscles or joints, now I do not. Just tiredness, but no soreness or pain.

I've done 14 hr hikes before but did not get sore and only lost few lbs of body weight to the activity.

Hiking is a much lower intensity, much lower heart rate activity than fast-paced cycling or running so it's not hard to someone who is not overweight.

My main resistance training is also in "fasting state", because its before the first meal of the day. However, without eating carbs, I am almost always in a "fast mimicking state", even when I eat, because I run on fats. Its my natural state, now.

One thing I agree with you is that adapting to ketosis and fat metabolism produces better endurance. Since adding intermittent fasting to my daily routine and timing my workouts in my fasting window without eating, my workout endurance have greatly improved.

My first meal of the day is around 12pm and my last and longest workout session is right before the first meal to ensure I'm working out under ketosis. The smell of ketones when under ketosis is unmistakable.

There are advantages to being efficient at both fat and glucose metabolism through medium/high carb diet with intermittent fasting. You can practically eat anything from time to time and not worry about ruining your metabolism and gaining weight. It's really nice with the holidays approaching fast and in times of serious food shortages where being picky with what you eat puts you in a disadvantaged situation.

Those in keto diets could not just eat a high carb meal on a whim or make a sudden switch to high carb diet because their metabolism will react to sudden increase of carb intake similar to someone with diabetes type 2. It's a bit problematic in a survival situation.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The average life expectancy is higher today than in the past because of less wars and famines and because of vaccinations and sanitation.

Without our standard western diet (smoking, alcohol, sugars, processed plant foods, seed oils, frying...) and lifestyle (stress, loud cities...) we would have a significantly higher life expectancy than we do now.
I'm not convinced that is a good thing. Long life does not necessarily equate to quality of life. My wife worked in aged care for 20 years. I know something of what older people go through. A neighbour was recently threatened with a knife by his wife of 50 years. She has dementia but still lives at home. That is not typical but it's not uncommon either.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,277,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Its like saying its associated with blue shoes, long hair, having children, book reading, using Microsoft Windows or with listening to jazz. There are tons of possible associations and this junk science should really stop confusing people.

1) Associations are typically suggestive of causation.

2) There are plenty of clinical studies that demonstrate that increasing saturated fat in the diet of humans and animals leads to both higher LDL cholesterol and cardiovascular disease. In fact, there aren't any serious researchers of cardiovascular disease that really disagree at this point.

3. There is no "bad" cholesterol.

The issue is that many people have too much cholesterol in the blood. Newborn babies have extremely low cholesterol, yet the small amount is enough for them to grow and thrive.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,415.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not convinced that is a good thing. Long life does not necessarily equate to quality of life. My wife worked in aged care for 20 years. I know something of what older people go through. A neighbour was recently threatened with a knife by his wife of 50 years. She has dementia but still lives at home. That is not typical but it's not uncommon either.
I agree that just surviving for long without health is not desirable. The life expectancy must grow hand in hand with health span/aging reversal.

Upvote 0