Pacific NW
✟251,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
God removes the light from the sun, moon and stars.

So i really doubt God will let man made lights to continue to shine.

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven,and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Doesn't say He wouldn't.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,448.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
FE has been disproved over and over again. That FE people don't accept the truth is their problem. Have you come across Sabine Hossenfelder? She has an interesting take on why people stick to FE. If I understand her correctly, it is that they simply do not trust any external source. And it is not that easy to prove a globe earth unless you accept the evidence of others. Reminds me of Doubting Thomas. She says that FE people are wrong, but not stupid. However, I don't know how anyone can reject eyewitness accounts of people who are born again and devoted to truth. They are some of the most gifted, intelligent and able people ever. The only explanation for their testimony is that they are liars. That is even more unlikely, to me at least, than the earth being flat.

I don't know why Evolution requires a rotating globe.
In post #27 I recommended that those who are confused by those that hold the FE view to listen to the speakers at the FE conferences. Not sure if YouTube has taken them down, as they do with anything they deem to be false themselves. However, these are intelligent people and they have good reasons for their view, in their opinions.

When we stop questioning everything..... we will fall for anything.

Have you listened to Rob Skiba's keynote speaking on this? Or any others?

May give you some respect for them. Even if we don't agree... we can respect our right to our views.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
In post #27 I recommended that those who are confused by those that hold the FE view to listen to the speakers at the FE conferences. Not sure if YouTube has taken them down, as they do with anything they deem to be false themselves. However, these are intelligent people and they have good reasons for their view, in their opinions.

When we stop questioning everything..... we will fall for anything.

Have you listened to Rob Skiba's keynote speaking on this? Or any others?

May give you some respect for them. Even if we don't agree... we can respect our right to our views.
You have the right to your opinions. You do not have the right to your own "facts". Nothing can change my mind about the globe earth because I know that it is a globe. I don't care who or why people spin it (pun intended), the earth is a sphere.

Question everything? Was Jesus real? I know so. How can I prove it. I was not there. I don't know any of the people who wrote about Him. All I have is the testimony of some who say that they were eyewitnesses and who heard and recorded what Jesus said and did. That is enough for me. Likewise with the spherical earth. Not that I've ever believed FE, but born again eyewitness in my lifetime, not 2,000 years ago, have seen the earth to be a sphere. I accept their testimony. Why don't you?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟257,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Doesn't say He wouldn't.

I am not sure if you have ever looked into the seven years of the tribulation. But it is not just simply a few countries going to war.

For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Job 26:7 the way it has been translated, is not supported by a single verse in The Bible.

Hang which is the hebrew word teleh

Means to hang, suspend, or support by actual contact. never to hang on nothing: thus, to give a few instances/examples

Genesis 40:19 Within three days Pharaoh will lift off your head from you and hang you on a tree; and the birds will eat your flesh from you.”

Psalms 137:2 We hung our harps Upon the willows in the midst of it.

Ezekiel 15:3 Is wood taken from it to make any object? Or can men make a peg from it to hang any vessel on?

The correct translation which is supported by other areas of The Bible is.

"He spreadeth out the North over the desolate' place (the abyss of waters), and supporteth the Earth upon fastenings (foundations)."
Whatever. When those six born again believers confess that they fabricated their story about the earth being a globe, I will start to doubt. When the other 600 who've been into space say, "By the way, the earth really is flat", I'll look into it further. When the countless people who have circumnavigated the globe say, "Hey, we lied. The earth is flat. I don't know how we didn't fall off the edge", then I will reconsider my belief. Until then, there is more chance of ice skating in hell than me believing FE.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,448.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You have the right to your opinions. You do not have the right to your own "facts". Nothing can change my mind about the globe earth because I know that it is a globe. I don't care who or why people spin it (pun intended), the earth is a sphere.

Question everything? Was Jesus real? I know so. How can I prove it. I was not there. I don't know any of the people who wrote about Him. All I have is the testimony of some who say that they were eyewitnesses and who heard and recorded what Jesus said and did. That is enough for me. Likewise with the spherical earth. Not that I've ever believed FE, but born again eyewitness in my lifetime, not 2,000 years ago, have seen the earth to be a sphere. I accept their testimony. Why don't you?
If we don't question everything, we may end up following falsehoods. At some point in every Christian's life they have to ask "is Jesus real"? It may not be obvious, but we have. That is when we make the choice to believe on Him.

As for the "Nothing can change my mind on the globe earth"... as Rob Skiba used to say to all who came to his seminars and were staunch globe believers.... He used to say "Don't worry, every single FE believer stood in your shoes at one point and said "that's just crazy""

If you are so adamant about that, why not step in the shoes of these people? Hear their side and understand the logic that has lead them to such controversial view?

You say that I don't have the "right" to my "facts". Actually, IMO, facts are no respecter of the viewer. A fact is a fact is a fact.... Nobody has a right to them... In actuality.. Everyone is slave to them and must accept them.

Trouble is, people make the wrong deductions from these facts. Or differing deductions at least.

One fact that has come up over and over... is that we "see to far".... Things that should be over the curve of the earth... given the fact that the curve drops away from us at a rate of 8 inches for every mile... squared.. That puts many things in bold plain site that should be well below the curve.

That is a fact. Do with it what you will. Most globe believers, that don't want to really look into this.. just spout "refraction" and go on their way without really trying to comprehend the simple fact that we see a lot of things in all kinds of atmospheric conditions and different times of year, that outright defy the 8 inches per mile squared fact of a globe.

Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟257,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How do flat earthers explain 24 hour sun in Antarctica?

There is quite a long list i believe of, can flat earthers explain this and this and this.

What i know about God's creation is in The Bible and other questions are not a concern to me. When God wants me to know more about His creation, then i will know.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Torah Keeper

Jun 2, 2013
Tennessee
✟44,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
D taylor, I don't believe in flat Earth. But as a suggestion, I recommend you research small universe geocentricity. It is a much more plausible option and solves many of the problems present in both FE theory and in HC theory. All 3 theories have their problems, especially FE. And HC has Olber's Paradox, orbital mechanics balancing problems(which could be solved if Einstein hadn't abolished the aether), Airy's Failure, to name a few.

I'm really not certain what the truth is. I grew up on HC but as an adult I've kept an open mind and watched quite a bit about FE theory and GC theory, and Hollow Earth as well. At this point I lean towards a small universe, the aether exists, and light speed is not absolute but relative. I never understood how Einstein could say that even time is relative, but light isn't? All observed measurements on the speed of light only measure reflected light. Within Earth's gravitational and magnetic field. But does reflected light travel at the same speed as direct light? I doubt it. Think of a bullet that ricochets. And light is affected by gravity. So it could be possible that gravity(and possibly magnetism), can change the speed of light. There is even a theory that light travels at an infinite speed until it hits matter, after which it slows down and stabilizes at c.

The truth is we don't know everything and every theory has it's problems, some more than others.

It seems to me that the farther we get from Earth, the more time is distorted into impossibly long ages. There was a project to map the galaxies of the known universe. It revealed 7 concentric shells of galaxies with Earth in the center. Each shell corresponding to different colors of galaxies. There are gaps between each shell as well. However I think this discovery so startled and horrified atheists that the project was seemingly swept under the rug.

Keep searching for the truth but I do not think FE is the answer.

• Agree
Reactions: ForHimbyHim
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟251,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
If we don't question everything, we may end up following falsehoods.

Oh, are you ready to change your faith to "skeptic" now?

I'd be happy to shift my bias to a flat Earth, or pyramid, or amorphous blob, or whatever, given sufficient evidence. I haven't seen much of any evidence for a flat Earth. All I see are flat Earthers trying to poke holes at a globe Earth (usually using bad geometry and optics), which really doesn't do anything to establish a flat Earth.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,448.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
One BIG question.

Why would God create ALL other planets etc 'Round' but create the earth flat as a pancake?
Well, maybe because, biblical teaching tells us that these are "luminaries" and may not be "planets" at all. But, lights in the sky. Put there to act as signs and to keep track of seasons. They may be balls because that's the way God made them. They could be spherical, in this example and not have any bearing on the shape of the earth that they are viewed from.

It is a fair assumption to say "if Jupiter and Mars and Venus are spheres... why not the earth"? However, not an absolute reason to make this a solid given conclusion. Pool balls are round.. the table surface is flat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
If we don't question everything, we may end up following falsehoods. At some point in every Christian's life they have to ask "is Jesus real"? It may not be obvious, but we have. That is when we make the choice to believe on Him.

As for the "Nothing can change my mind on the globe earth"... as Rob Skiba used to say to all who came to his seminars and were staunch globe believers.... He used to say "Don't worry, every single FE believer stood in your shoes at one point and said "that's just crazy""

If you are so adamant about that, why not step in the shoes of these people? Hear their side and understand the logic that has lead them to such controversial view?

You say that I don't have the "right" to my "facts". Actually, IMO, facts are no respecter of the viewer. A fact is a fact is a fact.... Nobody has a right to them... In actuality.. Everyone is slave to them and must accept them.

Trouble is, people make the wrong deductions from these facts. Or differing deductions at least.

One fact that has come up over and over... is that we "see to far".... Things that should be over the curve of the earth... given the fact that the curve drops away from us at a rate of 8 inches for every mile... squared.. That puts many things in bold plain site that should be well below the curve.

That is a fact. Do with it what you will. Most globe believers, that don't want to really look into this.. just spout "refraction" and go on their way without really trying to comprehend the simple fact that we see a lot of things in all kinds of atmospheric conditions and different times of year, that outright defy the 8 inches per mile squared fact of a globe.
*sigh*. The fact that people have physically been around the globe numerous times means nothing to you? I've covered most of the globe myself by air and by sea. This is not a court of law, where the defence can throw up all kinds of objections. If it was, I suggest that the court would reject FE on the basis of the earth has been proven to be a sphere beyond reasonable doubt.

It just possible to see the curvature of the earth at around 35,000 feet. A passenger probably won't because there is not enough field of view. Military pilots routinely fly much higher and they will testify to what they see. The ISS is at 250 miles and the curvature is obvious. When I get my first $50 million, I'll hire a plane to fly a contingent of FE's around the globe. No doubt they'll still disbelieve, but at least I will have tried. It's a shame the Concord is not flying. It went high enough to see the curvature no problem.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,029,101.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well, maybe because, biblical teaching tells us that these are "luminaries" and may not be "planets" at all. But, lights in the sky. Put there to act as signs and to keep track of seasons. They may be balls because that's the way God made them. They could be spherical, in this example and not have any bearing on the shape of the earth that they are viewed from.

It is a fair assumption to say "if Jupiter and Mars and Venus are spheres... why not the earth"? However, not an absolute reason to make this a solid given conclusion. Pool balls are round.. the table surface is flat.

"Clutching at straws"

Thats what your reply represents

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟251,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
It just possible to see the curvature of the earth at around 35,000 feet. A passenger probably won't because there is not enough field of view. Military pilots routinely fly much higher and they will testify to what they see. The ISS is at 250 miles and the curvature is obvious. When I get my first $50 million, I'll hire a plane to fly a contingent of FE's around the globe. No doubt they'll still disbelieve, but at least I will have tried. It's a shame the Concord is not flying. It went high enough to see the curvature no problem.

Put flat Earthers on the ISS or a high-altitude plane, and they'll claim the view out the window is faked by computer graphics.

• Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,983.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ok... try to prove me wrong.. I have been on the fence with this "flat earth" thing.. but I have news..

The earth is 71% water and it is NOT carbonated...
So.... it's flat....
Interesting take on the wording.

Seems like disolved CO2 in sea water, the aqueous CO2 reacts with water to form carbonic acid, which then rapidly dissociates into bicarbonate and carbonate ions.

So seems like sea water is flat even if the atmospheric pressure dropped. This makes sense because you would see bubbles in sea water everytime a low pressure zone appeared, lol.

Never thought I would agree that the world is flat, ie on dissolved CO2 in sea water ready to come out

Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,983.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Easiest proof of a curved earth is a lake of 3 miles cannot align a light beam one end to the other.
Without a curved earth this cannot be explained. Simple, and easy to prove, on any lake.

Upvote 0