ukok

Freaked out, insecure, neurotic and Emotional
Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
i know what you mean about problems with ISP's, oh boy have i had a time of it today! - and everytime i come here i can't get on to the pages i want to without trying time and again ARGH! - but nevermind eh?, lets not sweat the small stuff, glad you had a sunny weekend by the lakes!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Karl - Liberal Backslider

Senior Veteran
Jul 16, 2003
Chesterfield
Visit site
✟20,947.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Caedmon said:
Please define these... Thanks! :D

Brassicas - generic name for anything in the cabbage family - cauliflowers, broccoli etc.

Suet - shredded animal fat. Used for making dumplings and steak and kidney pudding crust.

Rarebit - a mixture of cheese, beer and mustard (and probably other things) on toast. More fully, Welsh Rarebit.

Upvote 0

The Midge

Towel Bearer
Jun 25, 2003
UK
Visit site
✟11,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Caedmon said:
Please define these... Thanks! :D

Brassicas ?spl? Cabbage, brussel sprouts, that kind of thing.

Suet- fat from cows stomachs, but like most traditional English fayre it does not pay to think about what goes into it too much. :yum::sick::yum:

Rarebit
Cheese on toast. Sorry I can't do better that that.

The recipe goes something like this:

Slice bread. Grill on one side untill golden brown. Turn over and top with cheese. A mature Cheddar preferably. Grill until golden brown.

You may wish to sprinkle with Worcester sauce before grilling the cheesey side. :yum:

Upvote 0

Karl - Liberal Backslider

Senior Veteran
Jul 16, 2003
Chesterfield
Visit site
✟20,947.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Midge - As I explained earlier, Rarebit is much more than cheese on toast. What you describe bears the same resemblance to Welsh Rarebit as a hamburger with relish does to a Steak Diane sandwhich.

A recipe for true Rarebit can be found here - http://www.cuisinedumonde.com/rarebit.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ej

hopeless romantic
Apr 1, 2003
✟16,563.00
Faith
Catholic
It wouldn't make you hurl, but it might possibly make you lardy...

Anyone here tried the traditional deep-fried edinburgh take-outs?

Deep fried haggis and chips
Deep fried pizza and chips
Deep fried black / white pudding and chips

These all come smothered in watered-down brown sauce which makes the chips soggy.

Follow those with a deep-fried chocolate bar (nicer than they sound - the batter goes all crispy and chocolatey, and the inside is totally melted. Mars or Snickers are the best.) Only problem with these is that they taste of fish by the end of the day, mmmm!

Upvote 0