Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟527,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't recall. However, if you don't mind, please explain Hebrews 4:1-10. Thanks.
Hebrews 4:10 stands on its own, doesn't it? I was going to quote it in fact in making my point.
Joshua did not give the Israelites rest even though he led them into the Promised land, Canaan. It is understood here that they did not find rest, but that Canaan is only symbolic of eternal rest in heaven. That is why it is stated in verse 1...Therefore, since the promise of entering His rest still stands...
Canaan therefore was not the final rest, the promise still stands and it is a promise to all true believers, the Israel of God.

Beyond this you will have to question me as I do not see your position drawn out in these passages.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟527,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
coreyD, this is something I posted to you in "The Second Death". I think/hope it is applicable here as you mention the literal thousand year reign as your premise for belief that there is no destruction of heaven and earth.
This is my interpretation of the 1000 year reign and the first and second resurrection and first and second death.
Here is a copy paste of my post there....
CoreyD said:
It would help if you say what is the basis for your conclusion.
For example, was it, an idea, based on what you believe; just an opinion; the context of Revelation 20, something else?
The context surrounds literal or physical death. Revelation 20:4-6, 14
I believe that Revelation is meant for interpretation...based on the words of Jesus Himself...666, it is man's number; this requires a mind of wisdom. Christ basically tells us this also as He begins in Rev, chapter 1 to reveal to us some of the mysteries seen by John, vs 20:
The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels[e] of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.
This is my basis for not taking Revelation literally, but rather figuratively.
Going on to the 1st and 2nd resurrection, we are given these verses......
Revelation 20:4:
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Starting here, and this may be choppy...preparing for Easter, so I am in haste, but happy to clean it up as we move along...
All true believers are beheaded, martyred: we sacrifice our worldly lives, ways and ideas to conform to Christ's ways...we are "beheaded" in that we now have Christ as our "head". We are all martyred for Christ in this way.
Brings me to the 1000 year reign...
I believe all or at least almost all of the mysteries of Revelation are revealed to us in the Word of Truth itself...the Bible.
Look at this passage from II Peter3:8-9:
8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
In the above passage Peter pens the warning of the coming Judgement day and the validity of Christ's warnings...he uses the 1000 years...which can represent a long time or a short time according to this passage. So I say the 1000 year reign represents the unknown time of Christ's return.
All true believers are born again and come alive in the Spirit to serve as a kingdom of priests with Christ in our earthly reign.
Colossians 2:12-14:
2 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.
13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. (There are other such passages too, Ephesians 5:13:
“Wake up, sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you.”
(others. too)
We serve as a kingdom of priests as we carry out our given kingdom work with our various gifts...
I Thessalonians 2:12:
12 encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.
II Thessalonians 1:4-5:
4 Therefore, among God’s churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring.
5 All this is evidence that God’s judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering.
Revelation 1:9:
9 I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.
Revelation 5:9-10:
9 And they sang a new song, saying:
“You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased for God
persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.
10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,
and they will reign on the earth.”

(this takes place at Christ's Resurrection)
Given this then as I have shown above, the first resurrection is being born again...which is referred to in Scripture in language of a ressurrection.
The Second Resurrection I think we all agree on already is the Judgement Day when all are resurrected.
Look at the language of Revelation 20:4 above and compare to Revelation 20:5-6:
5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.
What comments might you have? or what can I clarify in my writing...probably plenty to clarify!
Blessed Resurrection Day!

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What other verses support Job 40:15?
Are you saying that every scripture in the Bible must have some reference to it, elsewhere?

"Hanging on nothing" is the same as "not being supported or held up by anything".
Persons familiar with hanging, will use the very familiar term with people who are very familiar with the term, as your quotes shows.
Similar to when Jesus use feeding - eating his flesh and drinking his blood, because the people were familiar with these terms, and it was actually foremost on their mind.

The word usage "hang" does not lend support to an argument on its usage, in that text.

Also @d taylor , thanks for showing that the word used in Job 26:7 is far different from the one used at Job 38:6.
The word fastened taba: to sink, sink down cannot be used to replace belimah: nothingness.
-

No not saying every scripture will have a reference. But Job 26;7 does have other scripture addressing God's creation and these other scriptures do not agree with the way Job 26:7 has been translated.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟25,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-

No not saying every scripture will have a reference. But Job 26;7 does have other scripture addressing God's creation and these other scriptures do not agree with the way Job 26:7 has been translated.
Another person might produce the argument that the way those "other scriptures" "have been translated" do not agree with other scriptures about creation.
In these cases, we get the basis for persons creating their own translation of the text - inserting words that are not there, and changing the text up to what they want it to be.
Do you think that is what the Christian should do?

Those "other scriptures" you mentioned, do not conflict with Job 26:7. They refer to different aspects of the creation. Thus, they do what scripture does - compliment each other.

Regarding the "way Job 26:7 has been translated", it was translated not from a person living in the 19th-21st centuries, but from the Hebrew manuscripts - hundreds of them - which all have the same word belimah (בְּלִימָה), which does not mean fastenings, but means nothingness.
Would you like to check through those manuscripts? I understand it's possible to do so.

Bible. Scholars generally agree that the book of Job was written between the 7th and 3rd centuries BCE.

It is true, some people do not like the fact that Job 26:7 is so accurate about a proven fact, but that's their problem. Not a problem for the Christian. Would you not agree?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Another person might produce the argument that the way those "other scriptures" "have been translated" do not agree with other scriptures about creation.
In these cases, we get the basis for persons creating their own translation of the text - inserting words that are not there, and changing the text up to what they want it to be.
Do you think that is what the Christian should do?

Those "other scriptures" you mentioned, do not conflict with Job 26:7. They refer to different aspects of the creation. Thus, they do what scripture does - compliment each other.

Regarding the "way Job 26:7 has been translated", it was translated not from a person living in the 19th-21st centuries, but from the Hebrew manuscripts - hundreds of them - which all have the same word belimah (בְּלִימָה), which does not mean fastenings, but means nothingness.
Would you like to check through those manuscripts? I understand it's possible to do so.

Bible. Scholars generally agree that the book of Job was written between the 7th and 3rd centuries BCE.

It is true, some people do not like the fact that Job 26:7 is so accurate about a proven fact, but that's their problem. Not a problem for the Christian. Would you not agree?
-

No I do not agree. Job 26;7 is translated the way it has been translated. Not because of using The Bible to understand the verse and what the Hebrew should be translated to in English. But because science has affected the translation trying to make The Bible agree with what science states is reality.

This will be my last post to your threads topic.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟25,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 4:10 stands on its own, doesn't it? I was going to quote it in fact in making my point.
Joshua did not give the Israelites rest even though he led them into the Promised land, Canaan.
They had no pillows in the wilderness. How could they find rest? The poor guys had a big rock under their head. :D
Seriously though, they already had the Sabbaths - Weekly, and Yearly rest. What were they to rest from?

It is understood here that they did not find rest, but that Canaan is only symbolic of eternal rest in heaven. That is why it is stated in verse 1...Therefore, since the promise of entering His rest still stands...
I don't understand that.
How could it be symbolic if they were to enter into it, but didn't?
Are you familiar with what Israel were choosen as, according to Exodus 19:5, 6?
Are you aware that they lost that privilege, due to their faithlessness, and thus, the privilege was given to others. 1 Peter 2:9?
How then, could the Israelites entering that rest be symbolic?

Also, how could Paul say,
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. 3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:
“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; 5 and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”

Here, Paul connects that rest with God's day of rest from his creative works. Isn't that what you are reading?
Would you mind explaining to me verse by verse, because persons when asked to explain verses, tend to just give their belief, and that doesn't get us anywhere. We just remain where we began.
From verse 1 to 10 please, if you don't mind.

Canaan therefore was not the final rest, the promise still stands and it is a promise to all true believers, the Israel of God.
Can you show me from the scriptures, where Canaan was considered "entering into God's rest"?
Paul didn't say it. Paul made no reference to Canaan or the promised land.
Rather, he referred to God's 7th day rest.
Where do you find Canaan to be God's rest?

Beyond this you will have to question me as I do not see your position drawn out in these passages.
I certainly will question you, my friend.
I am not going to put you throughfierytrial though... I hope. ;)

coreyD, this is something I posted to you in "The Second Death". I think/hope it is applicable here as you mention the literal thousand year reign as your premise for belief that there is no destruction of heaven and earth.
You must have misinterpreted something I said, because the literal thousand year reign is not my premise for belief that there is no destruction of heaven and earth.
Can you quote where I mentioned that please?

This is my interpretation of the 1000 year reign and the first and second resurrection and first and second death.
Here is a copy paste of my post there....
CoreyD said:
It would help if you say what is the basis for your conclusion.
For example, was it, an idea, based on what you believe; just an opinion; the context of Revelation 20, something else?
The context surrounds literal or physical death. Revelation 20:4-6, 14
I believe that Revelation is meant for interpretation...based on the words of Jesus Himself...666, it is man's number; this requires a mind of wisdom. Christ basically tells us this also as He begins in Rev, chapter 1 to reveal to us some of the mysteries seen by John, vs 20:
The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels[e] of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.
This is my basis for not taking Revelation literally, but rather figuratively.
Going on to the 1st and 2nd resurrection, we are given these verses......
Revelation 20:4:
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Starting here, and this may be choppy...preparing for Easter, so I am in haste, but happy to clean it up as we move along...
All true believers are beheaded, martyred: we sacrifice our worldly lives, ways and ideas to conform to Christ's ways...we are "beheaded" in that we now have Christ as our "head". We are all martyred for Christ in this way.
Brings me to the 1000 year reign...
I believe all or at least almost all of the mysteries of Revelation are revealed to us in the Word of Truth itself...the Bible.
Look at this passage from II Peter3:8-9:
8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
In the above passage Peter pens the warning of the coming Judgement day and the validity of Christ's warnings...he uses the 1000 years...which can represent a long time or a short time according to this passage. So I say the 1000 year reign represents the unknown time of Christ's return.
All true believers are born again and come alive in the Spirit to serve as a kingdom of priests with Christ in our earthly reign.
Colossians 2:12-14:
2 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.
13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. (There are other such passages too, Ephesians 5:13:
“Wake up, sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you.”
(others. too)
We serve as a kingdom of priests as we carry out our given kingdom work with our various gifts...
I Thessalonians 2:12:
12 encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.
II Thessalonians 1:4-5:
4 Therefore, among God’s churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring.
5 All this is evidence that God’s judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering.
Revelation 1:9:
9 I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.
Revelation 5:9-10:
9 And they sang a new song, saying:
“You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased for God
persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.
10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,
and they will reign on the earth.”
(this takes place at Christ's Resurrection)
Given this then as I have shown above, the first resurrection is being born again...which is referred to in Scripture in language of a ressurrection.
The Second Resurrection I think we all agree on already is the Judgement Day when all are resurrected.
Look at the language of Revelation 20:4 above and compare to Revelation 20:5-6:
5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.
What comments might you have? or what can I clarify in my writing...probably plenty to clarify!
Blessed Resurrection Day!
You didn't have to copy paste that.
Remember, it harder to read a whole long section of text, with no spacing, paragraphs, and so on.
So, I went to the thread instead... and I do remember our conversation there.
You never did respond to my post to you there.

Perhaps, you wouldn't mind telling me why.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟25,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-

No I do not agree. Job 26;7 is translated the way it has been translated. Not because of using The Bible to understand the verse and what the Hebrew should be translated to in English. But because science has affected the translation trying to make The Bible agree with what science states is reality.
Gravitational wasn't even a thought before theHebrew manuscripts were translated, so what would that mean?

A) science has affected the translation trying to make The Bible agree with what science states is reality.
B) The Hebrew word belimah, was understood to mean nothingness, long before scientists discovered that the earth is not supported on anything.

Since B is true, A is not true.

This will be my last post to your threads topic.
Nice chatting with you.
Sorry you feel the way you do, but unfortunately for some scientists, reality does not bode well with them.
Some still have a hard time accepting that the universe began, or came into existence, simply because it agrees with the first verse in the Bible - In the beginning God created... Genesis 1:1

Take good care @d taylor.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟527,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hey had no pillows in the wilderness. How could they find rest? The poor guys had a big rock under their head. :D
Seriously though, they already had the Sabbaths - Weekly, and Yearly rest. What were they to rest from?
They were on their way to Canaan being set free from slavery and bondage in Egypt and wondering in the wilderness on their way to Canaan.
How could it be symbolic if they were to enter into it, but didn't?
Are you familiar with what Israel were choosen as, according to Exodus 19:5, 6?
Are you aware that they lost that privilege, due to their faithlessness, and thus, the privilege was given to others. 1 Peter 2:9?
How then, could the Israelites entering that rest be symbolic?
The rest for the Israelites is symbolic to us for eternal rest and that rest is in heaven. Similarly the Sabbath symbolizes our heavenly rest. We get this from the creation account: God created for 6 days found it Good and rested from all His work on the 7th day.
Your questions of aware of Exodus 19 (yes, of course) and I Peter 2:9 (yes, also) are not applicable here...explain how they may be, please. (btw, I Peter 2:9 does not take from Israel any privilege of entering heavenly rest. It does takes from any unbeliever of Jesus Christ....Jew or Gentile. God forgave the repentant as Moses intervened and sought God's forgiveness for the people on various occasions though they wondered through the wilderness and all died from that generation without entering Canaan except for Joshua and Caleb. the descendants did enter. The repentant were forgiven, but punished....they were not permitted to enter Canaan...The Promised Land...Canaan...but the repentant in the sight of the Lord inherit eternal life.
It's late so I'll end here and see if we are still not understanding one another should you reply..

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟25,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They were on their way to Canaan being set free from slavery and bondage in Egypt and wondering in the wilderness on their way to Canaan.
You're not saying that God is giving them rest from slavery in Egypt, are you?
If so, can you show me where God makes that promise?

The rest for the Israelites is symbolic to us for eternal rest and that rest is in heaven.
I don't recall if you did show a scripture for this. I apologize if you did.
If you did, would you mind posting that scripture, or scriptures again please?

Similarly the Sabbath symbolizes our heavenly rest. We get this from the creation account: God created for 6 days found it Good and rested from all His work on the 7th day.
I haven't read this. Can you tell me where I can find this in the Bible?

Your questions of aware of Exodus 19 (yes, of course) and I Peter 2:9 (yes, also) are not applicable here...explain how they may be, please. (btw, I Peter 2:9 does not take from Israel any privilege of entering heavenly rest. It does takes from any unbeliever of Jesus Christ....Jew or Gentile. God forgave the repentant as Moses intervened and sought God's forgiveness for the people on various occasions though they wondered through the wilderness and all died from that generation without entering Canaan except for Joshua and Caleb. the descendants did enter. The repentant were forgiven, but punished....they were not permitted to enter Canaan...The Promised Land...Canaan...but the repentant in the sight of the Lord inherit eternal life.
That's interesting.
These Jews and Gentiles... Are they the Israel of God?
The nation of Israel that broke the covenant... Are they the Israel of God, and in that covenant?

How Exodus 19:5, 6, and 1 Peter 2:9 apply here, is stated in the texts.
Verse 6 of Exodus 19 You are to me a kingdom of priests, and a holy nation.
1 Peter 2:9 ...you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation...

The covenant God made with Abraham is an everlasting covenant Genesis 17:7.
Genesis 22:17, 18 reads, 17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. 18 In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.”

Recall, that covenant involved circumcision as a requirement. Genesis 17:9-15
I'm assuming you are familiar with the details on how that Abrahamic covenant is being fulfilled, and you are aware that Jesus Christ is the offspring in that promise, along with those who will be heirs with him in his kingdom? Galatians 3:16, 29
Just let me know if I lose you.

You are familiar with the fact that those Jews and Gentiles, you referred to, are in the new covenant Christ made, and hence circumcision of the flesh, means nothing. Galatians 6:15, 16; Romans 2:28, 29.
Are you aware of what is involved in being in that covenant? It's partly mentioned at Luke 22:28-30 in relation to the new covenant Jesus made with his disciples.
Hopefully, you know that the kingdom ruled by Christ and his joint heirs, will bring blessings to all mankind; Hebrews 2:6 Thus fulfilling the Abrahamic covenant. Daniel 7:13, 14, 27; Isaiah 9:6, 7

This is the rest Paul speaks of.
This is the reason for a kingdom of priests and a holy nation, as stated at Revelation 5:9, 10.
The Israelites, as a nation, lost out on that privilege, through their disobedience. Matthew 23. The new nation, made up of faithful Jews, and Gentiles, make up that kingdom of priests, through whom all creation will be blessed. Romans 8:19-23

I was quite brief, but I hope that helps you see the connection.
Reading all the scriptures carefully should help.

It's late so I'll end here and see if we are still not understanding one another should you reply..
They say night is made for sleep. Unless you are an insect, or some other creature.
Some of us, sleep during the day, and work at night, but that's what the system has done top us.
Hope you got a good rest.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟527,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're not saying that God is giving them rest from slavery in Egypt, are you?
If so, can you show me where God makes that promise?

I don't recall if you did show a scripture for this. I apologize if you did.
If you did, would you mind posting that scripture, or scriptures again please?

I haven't read this. Can you tell me where I can find this in the Bible?

That's interesting.
These Jews and Gentiles... Are they the Israel of God?
The nation of Israel that broke the covenant... Are they the Israel of God, and in that covenant?

How Exodus 19:5, 6, and 1 Peter 2:9 apply here, is stated in the texts.
Verse 6 of Exodus 19 You are to me a kingdom of priests, and a holy nation.
1 Peter 2:9 ...you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation...

The covenant God made with Abraham is an everlasting covenant Genesis 17:7.
Genesis 22:17, 18 reads, 17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. 18 In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.”

Recall, that covenant involved circumcision as a requirement. Genesis 17:9-15
I'm assuming you are familiar with the details on how that Abrahamic covenant is being fulfilled, and you are aware that Jesus Christ is the offspring in that promise, along with those who will be heirs with him in his kingdom? Galatians 3:16, 29
Just let me know if I lose you.

You are familiar with the fact that those Jews and Gentiles, you referred to, are in the new covenant Christ made, and hence circumcision of the flesh, means nothing. Galatians 6:15, 16; Romans 2:28, 29.
Are you aware of what is involved in being in that covenant? It's partly mentioned at Luke 22:28-30 in relation to the new covenant Jesus made with his disciples.
Hopefully, you know that the kingdom ruled by Christ and his joint heirs, will bring blessings to all mankind; Hebrews 2:6 Thus fulfilling the Abrahamic covenant. Daniel 7:13, 14, 27; Isaiah 9:6, 7

This is the rest Paul speaks of.
This is the reason for a kingdom of priests and a holy nation, as stated at Revelation 5:9, 10.
The Israelites, as a nation, lost out on that privilege, through their disobedience. Matthew 23. The new nation, made up of faithful Jews, and Gentiles, make up that kingdom of priests, through whom all creation will be blessed. Romans 8:19-23

I was quite brief, but I hope that helps you see the connection.
Reading all the scriptures carefully should help.

They say night is made for sleep. Unless you are an insect, or some other creature.
Some of us, sleep during the day, and work at night, but that's what the system has done top us.
Hope you got a good rest.
There is so much to reply to here that I'm afraid should break down some points to discuss.

I can skip the symbolism for you if you are not yet aware, but to first put it more succinctly:
Just as the children of Israel wondered through the wilderness facing many hardships were accompanied by God so do we. They were in bondage in Egypt. We as sinners are in bondage of sin in our sinful nature, the devil's forces and the evils of this world., the Israelites were in physical bondage. God led them out of Egypt the land of their bondage/slavery as He leads us out of our bondage even today when He saves us. The israelites were then on their way to Canaan the land promised them through Abraham, the promised land, where they would find rest just as we find rest when Christ saves us from our sin through His gift of faith to us. We too are then set on our journey to the Promised Land, heaven.... rest bestowed upon all true believer's by God .

See Hebrew 4:3 regarding the promised rest. See also Hebrews 4:111 as well to see why the Sabbath was both OT Law as well as symbolic. See too that Canaan was symbolic of heavenly rest thee in these passages.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟527,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is so much to reply to here that I'm afraid should break down some points to discuss.

I can skip the symbolism for you if you are not yet aware, but to first put it more succinctly:
Just as the children of Israel wondered through the wilderness facing many hardships were accompanied by God so do we. They were in bondage in Egypt. We as sinners are in bondage of sin in our sinful nature, the devil's forces and the evils of this world., the Israelites were in physical bondage. God led them out of Egypt the land of their bondage/slavery as He leads us out of our bondage even today when He saves us. The israelites were then on their way to Canaan the land promised them through Abraham, the promised land, where they would find rest just as we find rest when Christ saves us from our sin through His gift of faith to us. We too are then set on our journey to the Promised Land, heaven.... rest bestowed upon all true believer's by God .

See Hebrew 4:3 regarding the promised rest. See also Hebrews 4:111 as well to see why the Sabbath was both OT Law as well as symbolic. See too that Canaan was symbolic of heavenly rest thee in these passages.
Read through chapter 3 as well to round out the thought, please.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟25,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Read through chapter 3 as well to round out the thought, please.
Why do you think I haven't read these scriptures, and why do you think a person will not see what you don't see, when they read those chapters?

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟527,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay. We do assume things. I guess that's the nature of humans. We don't always get things right.
It's good when we acknowledge that, I'm sure you agree.
Please correct my errors, as you see them, on my interpretation which I presented briefly from Hebrews. Please focus narrowly so we see where we differ and at which point we diverge. This method should produce a better understanding of your position for me and for you to understand me more fully as I address your concerns and vice versa.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums