newburgh
✟116,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you call on God, He will respond. If you’ve been striving for righteousness no matter how long or how short, and you call on Him, He will respond favorably. Psalms 34:17 says, “When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.” That Verse either says a lot or raises some questions and inferences. Like what if the wicked call on Him? The Lord in Psalms 91:15 says, “When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him.” Well, would God really honor a wicked person? Who is he in that Verse? Verse 1 identifies him as one who abides “in the shadow of the Almighty.” Well, under any form of reasoning among people who strive for righteousness, the presumption is that one who abides in His Shadow is one who abides by His Ways. So, it circles back to a righteous person crying for help in Psalms 34:17.

There are two notable events in the Bible in which God responds to the righteous cries for help. One is the outcry against the wickedness of Sodom and Gomorrah. The Lord said in Genesis 18:20 that he hears those cries and noted that “their sin [from Sodom and Gomorrah] is very grave.” And ultimately He responded by destroying those cities. Who but the righteous would so cry against the wicked?

The other event is the Hebrews crying up to the Lord for the hardships and cruelty they were subjected to by the Egyptians. Well, we know how that story unfolds, after the Lord in Exodus 3:7 says “I have surely seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters. I know their sufferings...” Passover, anyone?

There are some quarters that argue that the Hebrews themselves in Egypt were not altogether righteous. Even so, who but a person who strives for righteousness would try to contact the Lord? It’s not farfetched to say that for those who have been wicked and who cry to God, there is a presumption of an inferred repentance from their former ways. Who but those who acknowledge God and His Standing would bother to communicate with Him? Was not the condemned man on the cross next to Jesus welcomed into Paradise after he acknowledged God, in Luke 23:40-43, despite the things he did which resulted in his being condemned? It’s never too late to acknowledge the Lord and to ask of Him.

Matthew 7:7-8 says “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.”