Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In 1978 after I was born-again, I started with the KJV because that was the version used by the Baptist church in which I was saved. About 8 years later, I started reading and studying the NKJV. Later in life, I have also been studying the ESV. Usually, the best way to get into a deep study of the Scriptures for me is by using a comparative study of those 3 versions, as well as diving into the words of the original language with various Bible study tools.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟106,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In 1978 after I was born-again, I started with the KJV because that was the version used by the Baptist church in which I was saved. About 8 years later, I started reading and studying the NKJV. Later in life, I have also been studying the ESV. Usually, the best way to get into a deep study of the Scriptures for me is by using a comparative study of those 3 versions, as well as diving into the words of the original language with various Bible study tools.
I like the NKJV as well over the regular KJV. It is good that we both use the ESV, well an online version so I can copy and paste verses into my Bible stuff here on the forum (I have an NIV and NAB-RE in paper format at home, which both are collecting dust cos digital is easier to search up). Yeah, comparing at least two versions helps. Heck, the KJV is helpful sometimes also.

Don't tell anyone this, but I also use AI to help find verses that relate to different situations that people struggle with, so that is how I find good verses to help people with, and then copy paste them from the ESV website. ;)

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0