✟88,582.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
KJV, Psalm 16:

10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
New King James Version:

For You will not leave my soul in Sheol, Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
The old KJV "hell" was updated to "Sheol", Still, some Christians insisted on the "hell" translation.

New International Version is more friendly to non-English speakers:

because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay.
Here are some other examples:

The main difference between KJV (NKJV) and other modern versions is that KJV was translated from only the Masoretic Text (OT) and Textus Receptus (NT). Since the publication of the KJV in 1611, many manuscripts have been discovered, e.g., the Dead Sea Scrolls (OT) in 1947. Also, Codex Sinaiticus, Greek OT and NT, written in the 4th century, was discovered in 1844.

I like KJV for distinguishing "thou" and "ye." There is at least one case in which I found KJV is better :)

See also a list of KJV errors, including one printing that said, "Thou shalt commit adultery" :)

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟921,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
1 John 2:2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. KJV/NASB etc

A better translation
1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. NIV

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟91,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
KJV, Psalm 16:

New King James Version:

The old KJV "hell" was updated to "Sheol", Still, some Christians insisted on the "hell" translation.

New International Version is more friendly to non-English speakers:

Here are some other examples:

The main difference between KJV (NKJV) and other modern versions is that KJV was translated from only the Masoretic Text (OT) and Textus Receptus (NT). Since the publication of the KJV in 1611, many manuscripts have been discovered, e.g., the Dead Sea Scrolls (OT) in 1947. Also, Codex Sinaiticus, Greek OT and NT, written in the 4th century, was discovered in 1844.

I like KJV for distinguishing "thou" and "ye." There is at least one case in which I found KJV is better :)

See also a list of KJV errors, including one printing that said, "Thou shalt commit adultery" :)
Now let’s talk about “The Dirty King James” translation… :p

Ahhhh, bummer, you already did!

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟91,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
1 John 2:2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. KJV/NASB etc

A better translation
1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. NIV
Honestly, propitiation is just as good, though 65% of Christendom doesn’t know what either word means! Not rotfl

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟66,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is aware of the multitude of translations.
I think He is able to and does lead us in Truth regardless of what we choose as our source of His Word, don't you think?
If our hearts are right He will honor that faith and not lead us astray.

Upvote 0