Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Antisemitism maybe?

I guess so.

The book they're referencing does exist and it's popular in occult circles. It's very old. I don't know why a Christian would need to read that. Unless they're involved in work or ministries that deal with cults, ritualistic abuse and things along those lines. To familiarize yourself with their practices and become acquainted with the symbolism. Barring those reasons you'll open a door. A very bad door.

Solomon did evil [things] in the sight of the LORD, and did not follow the LORD fully, as his father David had done. Then Solomon built a high place for [worshiping] Chemosh the horror (detestable idol) of Moab, on the hill which is east of Jerusalem, and for Molech the horror (detestable idol) of the sons of Ammon. And he did the same for all of his foreign wives, who burned incense and sacrificed to their gods.

This is probably the basis for the accusation.

~bella

My understanding based on the Gab post was that Solomon had used demons to build God's temple, not a pagan temple. There was a ring involved that controlled the demons and it was either God or the Archangel Michael that gave it to him.

I felt like one of the messages was "Solomon was such an evil Jew, look what he made the poor demons do". It's insane. They hate Jews so much they're feeling sorry for demons now?

• Informative
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟74,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I also meant to add that I felt this accusation slandered God's character. God wouldn't allow David to build the Temple because he had killed so many people. But God was letting Solomon control demons to build the Temple? Isn't that contradicting?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess so.

My understanding based on the Gab post was that Solomon had used demons to build God's temple, not a pagan temple. There was a ring involved that controlled the demons and it was either God or the Archangel Michael that gave it to him.

I felt like one of the messages was "Solomon was such an evil Jew, look what he made the poor demons do". It's insane. They hate Jews so much they're feeling sorry for demons now?
What is the title of the book? I’ve never heard of it.

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

I'm familiar with the story and I don't believe he built the temple with those methods. But I think he opened himself up to other influences through his marriages. How far did he go? There's a definite hint of excess given their number.

More importantly, man cannot control angels or demons. They answer to someone else. Even when a person willingly works with demonic elements you have to do their bidding. If you want something from them you have to give something in return.

I've never been on Gab but I believe it's Christian?

I don't like what he's suggesting for several reasons. It's untrue of course and misrepresents the Lord. But it's introducing a subject with hidden snares and directing the listener to the occult. In particular sorcery.

Don't listen to that person any further.

~bella

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟74,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've never been on Gab but I believe it's Christian?

I wouldn't call it Christian. It's a free speech website, where you can say anything that's covered by the First Amendment, including speech that is not allowed or discouraged in other places.

The owner of Gab says he's a Christian. There have been times I have questioned that based on some of his beliefs that he has shared. There's real and fake Christians on Gab. And even non Christians.

Sometimes I run into false teachings when I'm browsing Gab by people that claim to be Christians and it makes me mad.

The one about Solomon is one of the many examples.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The owner of Gab says he's a Christian. There have been times I have questioned that based on some of his beliefs that he has shared. There's real and fake Christians on Gab. And even non Christians.

Sometimes I run into false teachings when I'm browsing Gab by people that claim to be Christians and it makes me mad.

The one about Solomon is one of the many examples.

In light of the setting care should be taken when addressing controversial subjects. Especially on matters of spirit. It's one thing to do the same in the presence of mature believers who are less likely to be misled. And another to say things on a medium where you don't know the listener and their experiences with the Lord. You don't want to be a stumbling block. That's the biblical result of what occurred. It will trip someone up.

I'm glad you're at a point in your walk where that wasn't possible. :)

~bella

Upvote 0

Grogu

Mar 23, 2024
Maine
✟761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
IMG_2108.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
More:

The Testament of Solomon is a book that was written sometime between the third and fifth centuries, hundreds of years after the life of Christ and approximately 1,500 years after the life of Solomon. It has deep ties to astrology and was never believed to be truthful or scriptural by either Jews or the early church.

King Solomon was the son of King David and was known for his wisdom. The Testament of Solomon purports to share a record of his supernatural encounters. It's written to sound like a confessional or letter one would pen from their deathbed.

A good portion of the Testament of Solomon tells tales of Solomon enslaving demons and using a powerful magic ring to get the temple built. In the book, there is a young boy helping to build the temple who is being tormented by a demon who is sucking his vitality out of his right thumb. When Solomon prays for wisdom about the situation, the angel Michael appears to give him a magical ring, sometimes called the Seal of Solomon, which was supposedly in the shape of a pentagram or a hexagram (like the Star of David). Using the ring's power, Solomon forces the demons into slavery and makes them work on the temple construction. He also questions each of the demons to learn about what issues they cause and how to win against them.

The Testament of Solomon is a fictional work that combines Christian, Egyptian, and Greek spirituality. There are strong links to astrology such as by associating the demons with different constellations, and the book also contains medical alchemy. The demons Solomon interrogates take responsibility for some specific ailments and provide spells that will break off their power. Some demon names such as Asmodeus and Abyzou show up in much other ancient literature and mythology. Solomon was a popular historical figure at the time the Testament of Solomon was written, so the work does provide an interesting glance into some of the popular cultural mythology about Solomon from that time. But it is nothing more than that.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟403,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I’ve been looking into it. I went to Wiki and went from there. Sounds like a lot of hog wash to me.

i will have to agree. just a mention of a book that's not in the Bible being referred to as something Biblical seems sus correct me if i'm wrong

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i will have to agree. just a mention of a book that's not in the Bible being referred to as something Biblical seems sus correct me if i'm wrong
It’s not Biblical. It just takes the story of Solomon and fictionalizes it with a bunch of mythology of the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟74,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
**Another vent post about false teaching on Gab.

There's an account on there called the Transformed Wife. She says she's a Christian, but she takes Bible verses and makes them all about women and modesty. She dumps all the responsibility on women! So if a man looks at a woman with lust, that's the woman's fault because of how she dressed. People can't control how others react!

I just absolutely hate false teaching!

I'd like to call her out, but from what I've heard from others, she will block you if you don't agree with her, then she insists that she doesn't block people.

Here's a sample post from earlier this week:
tw-modesty.png

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'd like to call her out, but from what I've heard from others, she will block you if you don't agree with her, then she insists that she doesn't block people.

I think the biblical approach would encourage discourse before accusation.

If your convictions are great why don't you start a website or YouTube channel? Don't get me wrong. I know it's a venting thread but complaints don't move the needle. If you don't like what you're hearing give them another option.

You can't challenge from the shadows. You have to get in the ring. That's how you debunk it. You must be willing to put yourself out there and stand on your convictions with the understanding you'll receive the same.

If you want to call her out make sure the Lord is in it. Disagreement isn't a green light for battle. Calling someone out is an act of aggression. Choose wisely.

~bella

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
**Another vent post about false teaching on Gab.

There's an account on there called the Transformed Wife. She says she's a Christian, but she takes Bible verses and makes them all about women and modesty. She dumps all the responsibility on women! So if a man looks at a woman with lust, that's the woman's fault because of how she dressed. People can't control how others react!

I just absolutely hate false teaching!

Here's a sample post from earlier this week:
View attachment 345837
A lot of those topics reek of self absorption and lording it over others. It does not sound like a platform I’d want to participate in from what you’ve described.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟74,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If your convictions are great why don't you start a website or YouTube channel? Don't get me wrong. I know it's a venting thread but complaints don't move the needle. If you don't like what you're hearing give them another option.

You can't challenge from the shadows. You have to get in the ring. That's how you debunk it. You must be willing to put yourself out there and stand on your convictions with the understanding you'll receive the same.

It was something that was making me angry for a couple of days and I needed to get it out of my system. There's a person I usually share these kinds of things with, but he's been busy. So I came to this thread to get it out.

I believe the Transformed Wife is someone that doesn't want to admit she's wrong and is not willing to be teachable. Not every single thing she says is wrong, but when she does, it's outrageous and dangerous to both men and women.

I'll have to think about what you said. Maybe I can do a Gab account. I think Twitter would be more "safe" on pointing out her false teachings, but I don't think it's a good idea for me to invest in pro-censorship social media places.

A lot of those topics reeks of self absorption and lording it over others. It does not sound like a platform I’d want to participate in from what you’ve described.

I had a Gab account years ago. It was not a pleasant experience. It introduced me to new ideas that I was not ready for. Instead of being calm, polite, and factual about things, people just tell you off and do not bother to understand your point of view.

Before I had deleted my account, I remember a user had said he didn't believe in the Rapture. All I did was ask him why he believed that because others said the same thing, but nobody would provide an explanation for their beliefs. I just simply wanted to understand where their beliefs were coming from. The men had no problem commenting on what I said. I got responses like "You need to be quiet and inquire of your husband" and another comment about me being an evil woman. One user was smart enough to post a Bible verse pointing me to the Rapture.

After seeing things on Gab, I'm convinced now that it's not just non-Christians that God is mad at in America, it's also those that say they're Christians but are actually false teachers.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had a Gab account years ago. It was not a pleasant experience. It introduced me to new ideas that I was not ready for. Instead of being calm, polite, and factual about things, people just tell you off and do not bother to understand your point of view.

Before I had deleted my account, I remember a user had said he didn't believe in the Rapture. All I did was ask him why he believed that because others said the same thing, but nobody would provide an explanation for their beliefs. I just simply wanted to understand where their beliefs were coming from. The men had no problem commenting on what I said. I got responses like "You need to be quiet and inquire of your husband" and another comment about me being an evil woman. One user was smart enough to post a Bible verse pointing me to the Rapture.

After seeing things on Gab, I'm convinced now that it's not just non-Christians that God is mad at in America, it's also those that say they're Christians but are actually false teachers.
Well… I notice that a lot of Christians are formulating their own versions of Christianity on platforms. I mean, there is some really crazy stuff out there. This whole gender ideology people are pushing is not of God. It’s all very self absorbed. And Lord have mercy on you if you question any of it which gives it a cultish feel. Platforms are not the answer to everything but they are an easy way to feed the ego under the guise of supposedly helping others. There is good content out there. Good honest content. But the majority is a mix of very worldly ideas with a Christian bend to it. I’ve seen some that add new age ideas into their content etc. I think people have lost common sense. Things are not as complicated as they present it.

James 3:1 sums it up.
Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

Everyone considers themselves leaders and teachers now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0