Akron
✟74,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
. So there's no reason to believe that they were five star hotels at the time they were occupied by these winos and drunks.
I am not an expert on NYC real estate. We know the city paid $174 million or something like that. We paid $40,000. It was across the street from Goodyears corp offices. They got upset looking at homeless people and bought the hotel for $60,000 and tore it down. There was actually two or three millon they put into fixing things up at the time. I had a friend that sold them some top soil from his 40 acres. The city would have taken over the building if we did not sell it to them.

My guess is that thny building is delict and scheduled for demolition and the city bought it for the price of the land. But I do not know that much about it and I do not care enough to do the research so I will just go with my assumption and you can disregard them if you want. Usually the city gets that sort of stuff when they are trying to collect the back taxes. They have to let people know they mean business when they collect their $3000 a year for the home we live in. Use to be they gave away property to anyone willing to pay the taxes on it. Even now you hear stories about homes selling for a dollar in Detroit or Baltimore that cost a million dollars in LA.

According to Bing
  • The hotel underwent a $65 million renovation in the 1990s but faced challenges due to the 9/11 terrorist attacks, affecting tourism and occupancy.
  1. Market Value:

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟252,859.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your claim is you want to lock them out. Do not be surprised if you find yourself locked out because you want to treat others that way.
I never said I want to lock them out.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟252,859.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do not remember anyone making that claim. Nice tap dance, I see you are trying to do the back stroke.
Discombobulated made that claim in post #1. However, having read your posts again, I apologize for suggesting that you were trying to dance away from that claim. On a second reading, I see no evidence that you were trying to do so.

The claim was never supported by the person who posted it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟7,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Code for "I made up the part about these being five-star hotels and was hoping no one would call me on it."
Right. Fox News just wanted once again to be accused by the left and RINOs of lying! Who doesn't love being accused of that???

so yeh, maybe if you watched Fox News instead of "lying cnn" as one commentator calls them

you'd know about illegals being put up in hotels... while just outside said hotels' doors, the homeless who didn't violate federal law to get here are (as always) neglected

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟252,859.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Right. Fox News just wanted once again to be accused by the left and RINOs of lying! Who doesn't love being accused of that???

so yeh, maybe if you watched Fox News instead of "lying cnn" as one commentator calls them

you'd know about illegals being put up in hotels... while just outside said hotels' doors, the homeless who didn't violate federal law to get here are (as always) neglected
This is more obvious evasion.

You made a claim that illegals are were put up in 5 star hotels.

And now all you can do is tell me to "watch Fox".

If you have actual evidence, why are you not presenting it? All you need to do is post a link to a news source that claims that illegals were being up in 5 star hotels. The ball is now in your court.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟252,859.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
you'd know about illegals being put up in hotels...
Your original claim was that they were put up in 5 star hotels.

We await evidence for this assertion which is hard to believe.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
so yeh, maybe if you watched Fox News
I do not watch TV right now. Cable started off at $12 a month and when it got up to $100 I decided it was time to get rid of cable.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟252,859.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Color me shocked (/sarcasm). From Politifact about that allegedly honest news channel Fox:

In the video clip, Ingraham said, "You may not have stayed in a hotel in the past year, but illegals arriving since Biden’s inauguration, they get to stay free of charge."

Ingraham’s sweeping comment exaggerated the facts.

In San Diego, under an arrangement with local health authorities and a local nonprofit, migrants seeking asylum have been quarantining in a hotel before traveling elsewhere to await their court cases.

These migrants have been cleared by federal authorities to be in the country while they pursue their asylum claims, even if some entered unlawfully. Their hotel stays are part of public health measures to help contain the spread of COVID-19.

Ingraham’s claim contains an element of truth but gives a misleading impression by omitting important context about the circumstances of their hotel stays.

We rate this claim
Mostly False

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟252,859.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The grocery store has thousands of links, but I'm NOT going to go get one for you.
The grocery store? Are you making a joke?

People here often abdicate their clear responsibility to defend their claims with evidence. The burden of proof is on the claimant - and in this instance, discombobulated1 is the claimant. If you agree with the claim about the 5 star hotels, you need to provide the evidence.

This sort of thing happens a lot here. Somebody comes up with a story that is highly suspicious and when challenged on it, they say "go look up the evidence yourself". Is it possible that discombobulated1 is right? Yes, but is deeply suspicious that he / she won't provide any evidence.

Let me try this tactic: There are unicorns in the woods here in Quebec

What? You want me to prove it? Go look up the evidence yourself.

Gee, that was easy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟252,859.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟305,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟252,859.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Anyone who is wise, seeks the truth.
Ok, let me try this strategy: There are unicorns in the woods. Don't believe me? You need to be wise and seek the truth.

Again, there is universal agreement that the person who makes the claim has the responsibility to provide the evidence. Asking others to "look it up" is cheating.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟252,859.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is just the tip of the iceberg. People who want to know will find out.
Those who don't want to know won't.
Again: Where is the evidence that illegals have been housed in 5 star hotels?

The more I have to ask this question, the more it seems like the claim is a falsehood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟252,859.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is a common ploy when someone does not want to know the truth.
No, just no.

From Wikipedia

When two parties are in a discussion and one makes a claim that the other disputes, the one who makes the claim typically has a burden of proof to justify or substantiate that claim, especially when it challenges a perceived status quo.[1] This is also stated in Hitchens's razor, which declares that "what may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence.

Another site that discusses debates says:

An individual or group generally has a burden of proof with regard to any claims that they make, which means that they have to provide sufficient evidence in order to support those claims, either as part of their original argument, or in response to the claim being questioned.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟305,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If someone has invested 17 hours, or 230 hours , in research to find the truth ,
and since Scripture says basically give the worker proper wages/reimbursment .....

Either find a way to cover the time and effort , or do it yourself.

Where does your scripture say anything about appropriate worker wages? (I do know it give the proper compensation when your virgin daughter is raped.)

Upvote 0