✟7,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Just venting here

hate the way our country is headed, hate that people who break the law (illegals entering the US) are rewarded and Americans' tax dollars are used for THEM (even though they are criminals), while legal folks are ignored. We heard about illegals being put up in 5 star hotels in places like New York City while the legal citizens sleeping on the street are ignored... tired of the insanity

And then people actually consider voting for

more of same?

But then I guess it's possible people don't KNOW what's going on, don't watch Fox or any other conservative news station. Well, doesn't that say it all, right there?

I've noticed that people disparage Fox a lot, and since I am a regular viewer, I am always wondering WHY (they do that)? I can understand the left doing it, but I've heard "conservatives" bad mouth Fox, as though they can't bring themselves to disagree with their leftist associates, whomever they may be. It's the old Gotta be popular thing, as opposed to just speaking (living) the truth.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-

24 hour news has an agenda. They have to be able, to fill news for 24 hours. So Fox and CNN, etc.. create situation/problems to fill their news hours.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟876,030.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
-

24 hour news has an agenda. They have to, to be able to fill news for 24 hours. So Fox and CNN, etc.. create situation/problems to fill their news hours.
Yep. Comedian Norm MacDonald had this bit where he talked about how, back before cable TV, there was just a half hour of news in the evening. Subtract time for commercials and it was about 22 minutes. And then they often ended with some humorous fluff piece, so we had about 21 minutes of news each day. They had it about right. That's all the news we need, if even that.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,200,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just venting here

hate the way our country is headed, hate that people who break the law (illegals entering the US) are rewarded and Americans' tax dollars are used for THEM (even though they are criminals), while legal folks are ignored. We heard about illegals being put up in 5 star hotels in places like New York City while the legal citizens sleeping on the street are ignored... tired of the insanity

more of same?

But then I guess it's possible people don't KNOW what's going on, don't watch Fox or any other conservative news station. Well, doesn't that say it all, right there?

I've noticed that people disparage Fox a lot, and since I am a regular viewer, I am always wondering WHY (they do that)? I can understand the left doing it, but I've heard "conservatives" bad mouth Fox, as though they can't bring themselves to disagree with their leftist associates, whomever they may be. It's the old Gotta be popular thing, as opposed to just speaking (living) the truth.
Feel better?

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,988.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just venting here

more of same?

You get what you vote for. Literally, everything is the fault of the people. It's also true that you get what you deserve.

There are a large number of Democrats masquerading as Republicans. So effectively there is no GOP. No doubt some of them claim to be conservative too. Unfortunately, there is no real choice at election time with the occasional exception. So democracy is a mere illusion.

It's already too late to turn this ship around. We're going where we're going.

Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟700,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just venting here

more of same?

Do you feel better after venting?

It helps me sometimes.... I just blow my top and all is well for a little while longer... Lol.

It's hard today, for real. The whole world turned upside down. All we can do in the end is "us"... And make sure we are in person talking to our neighbors, friends and family... Just being real and normal.

And of course, just being there for one another... ❤️

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟700,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
-

24 hour news has an agenda. They have to be able, to fill news for 24 hours. So Fox and CNN, etc.. create situation/problems to fill their news hours.

It's more than that right now.

I've done 24 hours news since it was invented... (Politics fan myself, one of the few) I HAD to stop after 2016, I couldn't watch it anymore because news changed, and changed drastically.

It developed a very bad spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-

When the Republican rejected Ron Paul as their Presidential nominee back when Ron Paul ran. i knew then Republican were not interested in the welfare of the country. After that they just became a joke to me.

I mean The Republican party elected Trump over Ron Paul (back when he ran) really

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,200,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
-

When the Republican rejected Ron Paul as their Presidential nominee back when Ron Paul ran. i knew then Republican were not interested in the welfare of the country. After that they just became a joke to me.

Which time, 1988, 2008 or 2012?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Guess Bush the elder is thrown under the RINO now.
-

I am speaking for myself and not the whole Republican party, but i was never a Bush fan father, or sons.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟700,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
-

I am speaking for myself and not the whole Republican party, but i was never a Bush fan father, or sons.

Because I liked Reagan I followed him up with a vote for Bush Sr. Instant regret. After his son's first term I stopped voting altogether until Trump.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟912,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just venting here

more of same?

1 John 4:18 -“There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Because I liked Reagan I followed him up with a vote for Bush Sr. Instant regret. After his son's first term I stopped voting altogether until Trump.
-

I did too, (that is vote for George H. W.) after Reagan. I attribute that to being still young and not very politically astute.

His son was when i began questioning government in general and the Republican party.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
hate the way our country is headed
This is why we look forward to the 1,000 year reign of Christ. God is infinite and we are finite so our understanding is limited. No matter who we elect it just seems like they are going to make a mess out of things. I really had hope that Kennedy would make a difference and it was a big disappointment when he got shot because there was no hope left. Now we can put our hope in God and in Jesus and there is a 100% guarantee that HE will NOT disappoint us. I became a Christian because they said: Give it a try, what do you have to lose? God has answews, God has solutions that goes far beyond what man can do. What do we want, what do we need. God has all the answers and all the solutions.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Because I liked Reagan
I liked Reagan because he had a sense of humor and was funny. But it got a bit thin when he stated talking jibber jabber. Reaganomics was a good example of that. Now they are better at coving that up than they were back then. Esp the trickle down theory that what is a benefit to the rich will trickle down and benefit the poor. Yeah, right :)

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟876,030.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I've done 24 hours news since it was invented... (Politics fan myself, one of the few) I HAD to stop after 2016, I couldn't watch it anymore because news changed, and changed drastically.
Same here. I stopped following the news as soon as Trump was elected. I started watching a bit more about two years later when I began hearing about the good things he was doing and the positive results he was getting. When Biden came in I stopped watching again because, even as a child I was never a big fan of puppet shows.

• Agree
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟7,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
-

That is NOT true.

They do not make up their stories. They have plenty of FACTS, plenty of witnesses, Congresspersons on a plethora of committees dealing with a plethora of problems.

I think of that old cliche "Everyone's a critic."

IT is so true. Everyone just seems to reflexively criticize, even though they likely have not done a fraction of the good that some prominent person or group has done. I guess there may be some envy involved (knowing human nature)

Upvote 0