Should Christians support Israel to kill more Hamas?

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I missed the place where he spoke of beheaded babies. Can you quote that part for me?

You are putting the cart before the horse.

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟169,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Is there a pure moral equivalence between Hamas and Israel, or is that not so black and white either?
I’m not very sure about your question.
The fact is that Hamas is are terrorists.
Israel supports the eviction of Palestinians.
You can be against what Israel is doing yet still be against Hamas. You can support Israel yet not be against what is going on in Gaza and be supportive of Palestine. But I will say: you can’t kick a hornets nest and be surprised that they sting you.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,482,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m not very sure about your question.
The fact is that Hamas is are terrorists.
Israel supports the eviction of Palestinians.
You can be against what Israel is doing yet still be against Hamas. You can support Israel yet not be against what is going on in Gaza and be supportive of Palestine. But I will say: you can’t kick a hornets nest and be surprised that they sting you.
It's possible, too, not to support either of them. They both oppress their own Christians. "A pox on both your houses" is also a choice.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,482,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why on Earth would they pin any attacks on the general population of a town? I would also reason and I do not know, I would think that even with drones they would not target places where they knew there would likely to be very few combatants. Even though as I have said the reality of war is that a certain number of civilians will die.

We used to do that all the time. By the end of the Vietnam War, Hue and Hanoi looked like the dark side of the moon. In the early 90s, I got one of my troops onto an extended temporary duty with a unit given permission to search for the remains of American airmen lost over Vietnam and Cambodia during the war. One of the stories had coming back was all of this "little round fish ponds" he saw everywhere in north Vietnam. He said they were lovely and just scattered the countryside and were all through the cities. They were everywhere.

Now, I'd had a lot of experience analyzing reconnaissance photography of north Vietnam during the war and the immediate aftermath, but all those "little round fishponds" didn't ring a bell in my head. I asked him, "How large were those ponds?" He answered that they averaged around fifty feet across and were usually in clusters.

Then the light came on. I asked him when he was born. He had been born in 1975. I told him, "Those might be fish ponds now, but the Vietnamese didn't dig them. We did." Back then, dropping "dumb bombs," the statistic was that it took 21 bomb attacks to destroy one target. That means 20 bomb attacks struck...something else.

When we got to DESERT STORM, and I was again analyzing reconnaissance photography every nightt to determine the success of the bombing campaign, I was greatly, greatly relieved to see how pinpoint accurate the new generation of smart weapons like Tomahawk missiles was. Those were serious technical miracles. The President of the United States truly has the mythical "smite key." He can order the destruction of any square meter of the earth's surface, and it can be done within eight hours...accurately. We have the technology. Oh, but if only, if only, we could determine the right square meter so accurately.

Even then, the US still drops a lot of "dumb" bombs...and they're just as dumb now as they were 50 years ago.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
No, I'm putting more reliance on the official report than on unofficial scuttlebutt, and I'm not reading any more into it than it says.

"Some of the worst in history" is a statement that the official document has stated. Whether that means babies were beheaded or not is not the point here. What is the point is that the statement shows they are capable of the worst brutality in history.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,482,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Some of the worst in history" is a statement that the official document has stated. Whether that means babies were beheaded or not is not the point here. What is the point is that the statement shows they are capable of the worst brutality in history.
You made it the specific point. Now you're trying to move the goalposts.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You made it the specific point. Now you're trying to move the goalposts.

My point is that Hamas is evil. I gave examples of that that you do not believe. Whether those specific examples are true or not does not change the fact that Hamas is evil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The degree is different?

Did you really say that?

Both Nebuchadnezzar and Titus Caesar successfully destroyed Israel. They didn't wipe out the Jewish people (which is what I believe God will never permit), but they did smash the Israel state, which God might permit...because He did...more than once. More than twice, even.
There is a 2,000 year gap between Rome's destruction and now. Israel had no answer to the might of Rome. It's absolutely not the same conditions now. Israel will be invaded and almost conquered, if understand the prophecy correctly. There are many scenarios, from peace returning, Muslims answering Hamas' call to Jihad, to nuclear war. This could be like the beginning of labour or false contractions. However, the time is surely coming when the Lord returns.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,482,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who started this present war
I think I mentioned that back in the 80s during the First Intifada, on a particular newcast when Palestian and Israeli political spokespeople were brought together for a discussion, within five minutes they were arguing about Isaac and Ishmael.

But it's impossible to talk about "who started it" without going back to how the modern state of Israel was established in 1948.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟381,812.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think I mentioned that back in the 80s during the First Intifada, on a particular newcast when Palestian and Israeli political spokespeople were brought together for a discussion, within five minutes they were arguing about Isaac and Ishmael.

But it's impossible to talk about "who started it" without going back to how the modern state of Israel was established in 1948.

And the setting aside of Trans-Jorden for the 'Palestinians'.

Upvote 0

Ephesians321

Oct 24, 2023
Riverside
✟5,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Screenshot_20231027-021102_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231027-021102_Samsung Internet.jpg

Upvote 0