Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
but you were perfectly fine with Luke swapping spit with his sister on Hoth in Episode V, fitting a full-sized adult male inside a tiny Tauntaun incision, teddy bear natives overcoming imperial troops, the cheesy way Lucas changed the story of Vader to fit Episode V with the "certain point of view" stuff, Luke only trains with Yoda for about 15 minutes and attains full Jedi-hood by episode VI and just needs to slay his dad to get into the club, Luke having the Force and cutting off the massive Wampa's arm only to turn and run in fear after that (!?), but heaven forbid there be a bad line of thinking about absolutes in the script! AAAAGH! ^_^:eek::eek::eek::eek::p

darn right I am a real film critic.

although, thanks for this, because this dialogue is one of the reasons I do dislike ROTS. when Obi-Wan says that ONLY a Sith deals in absolutes, he is making an absolute statement. a little later on Anakin will say that from his POV the Jedi are evil, to which Obi-Wan will scream that he is lost, which is another absolute statement. so the Jedi is the one dealing in absolutes.

such bad writing.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,473,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
but you were perfectly fine with Luke swapping spit with his sister on Hoth in Episode V, fitting a full-sized adult male inside a tiny Tauntaun incision, teddy bear natives overcoming imperial troops, the cheesy way Lucas changed the story of Vader to fit Episode V with the "certain point of view" stuff, Luke only trains with Yoda for about 15 minutes and attains full Jedi-hood by episode VI and just needs to slay his dad to get into the club, Luke having the Force and cutting off the massive Wampa's arm only to turn and run in fear after that (!?), but heaven forbid there be a bad line of thinking about absolutes in the script! AAAAGH! ^_^:eek::eek::eek::eek::p

well, a lot of your points don't make sense:

1. no one knew Luke and Leia were twins at Hoth, aside from Leia maybe.

2. no one says Luke was inside of the tauntaun. Han just used the body to keep Luke warm as he set up camp.

3. you mean like the Zulus overcoming the British at Isandlwanda? plus the Ewoks had the rebels to help.

4. the certain point of view wasn't a change. the Trilogy was designed as a 3 act play before A New Hope was made. if you pay attention, Obi-Wan's certai

5. Luke actually trains much longer between episodes V and VI.

6. when one is untrained and gets lucky, one can do something like that and still run. Luke wasn't very skilled in the Force, so it actually makes sense. and, being in the Army, I have seen that kind of reaction on more than one occasion. plus, ever see the bullied kid lay out the bully then run because he doesn't know what to do? it's like that.

and simply pointing out issues in other movies doesn't detract from the Sithpile that was episode III. and I only used that as the example, because it was used by someone else.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

well, a lot of your points don't make sense:

1. no one knew Luke and Leia were twins at Hoth, aside from Leia maybe.

2. no one says Luke was inside of the tauntaun. Han just used the body to keep Luke warm as he set up camp.

3. you mean like the Zulus overcoming the British at Isandlwanda? plus the Ewoks had the rebels to help.

4. the certain point of view wasn't a change. the Trilogy was designed as a 3 act play before A New Hope was made. if you pay attention, Obi-Wan's certai

5. Luke actually trains much longer between episodes V and VI.

6. when one is untrained and gets lucky, one can do something like that and still run. Luke wasn't very skilled in the Force, so it actually makes sense. and, being in the Army, I have seen that kind of reaction on more than one occasion. plus, ever see the bullied kid lay out the bully then run because he doesn't know what to do? it's like that.

and simply pointing out issues in other movies doesn't detract from the Sithpile that was episode III. and I only used that as the example, because it was used by someone else.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was I who
allowed Father Matt to to get all riled up in post #123. Episode III
is quite safe from your pitiful little amateur film analysis. An entire legion of my
best opinions awaits you.

that sass came from gurney, episode III is still irredeemable!

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,473,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rubricnigel

Oct 17, 2018
Midwest
✟19,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Rogue One A+
Solo B-
Force Awakens D
Last Jedi F

You and matt are on the same page, different paragraphs but same page. I disliked them all, but if i had to say rogue one was the better of them.
Im afraid the original 3 are still my favourites

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Empire Strikes Back will always be the greatest. I love Return of the Jedi even though most people don’t. I’m not a prequel fan, but Revenge of the Sith, all kidding aside, rocks imho. I adore it....

You and matt are on the same page, different paragraphs but same page. I disliked them all, but if i had to say rogue one was the better of them.
Im afraid the original 3 are still my favourites

• Agree
Reactions: Rubricnigel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,473,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Empire Strikes Back will always be the greatest. I love Return of the Jedi even though most people don’t. I’m not a prequel fan, but Revenge of the Sith, all kidding aside, rocks imho. I adore it....

agree on all points aside from ROTS, which was the worst of the prequels in my opinion.

Empire Strikes Back is by far the best.

Reactions: rusmeister
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,473,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You have excessive film critic sickness. Your eyesight and taste in film will return in time...

in this cinema you will find a new definition of pain and suffering, as you will be slowly watching ROTS over 1000 years

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Though I don't agree with you on ROTS, there is no way you can say with a straight face that Phantom Menace or Clones was as good as Sith. NO....WAY! You need to go to Confession, Father! LOL

agree on all points aside from ROTS, which was the worst of the prequels in my opinion.

Empire Strikes Back is by far the best.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's your imagination, Father. Come on. Let's keep a little optimism here.

in this cinema you will find a new definition of pain and suffering, as you will be slowly watching ROTS over 1000 years

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,473,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Though I don't agree with you on ROTS, there is no way you can say with a straight face that Phantom Menace or Clones was as good as Sith. NO....WAY! You need to go to Confession, Father! LOL

they were both better than ROTS.

Upvote 0