WI
✟108,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
With what’s going on between Israel and Iran. It’s hard to stay focused on “do not be anxious” about wars and rumors of war.
Well, tension in the Middle East has always been here, since Biblical times. I am not an Eastern Orthodox, but I will try my best to help you Samantha.

I understand your concerns about the current tensions between Israel and Iran, and it's natural to feel anxious in such circumstances. Here are some Bible verses that speak to the issue of anxiety and provide comfort and reassurance:

1. Matthew 6:25-34 (ESV) - "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

2. Isaiah 41:10 (ESV) - "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

3. Psalm 46:1-2 (ESV) - "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea."

From a historical perspective, it's crucial to recognize that throughout history, wars and conflicts have been a part of human existence. Despite the anxiety they can cause, most of these conflicts have eventually been resolved, often leading to peace and stability in the long term, such as when WWII ended. Please remind yourself that we as individuals can not control international events, but we can control our response to these events through the power of Jesus and focus on the things we can influence in our own lives

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟169,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Well, tension in the Middle East has always been here, since Biblical times. I am not an Eastern Orthodox, but I will try my best to help you Samantha.

I understand your concerns about the current tensions between Israel and Iran, and it's natural to feel anxious in such circumstances. Here are some Bible verses that speak to the issue of anxiety and provide comfort and reassurance:

1. Matthew 6:25-34 (ESV) - "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

2. Isaiah 41:10 (ESV) - "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

3. Psalm 46:1-2 (ESV) - "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea."

From a historical perspective, it's crucial to recognize that throughout history, wars and conflicts have been a part of human existence. Despite the anxiety they can cause, most of these conflicts have eventually been resolved, often leading to peace and stability in the long term, such as when WWII ended. Please remind yourself that we as individuals can not control international events, but we can control our response to these events through the power of Jesus and focus on the things we can influence in our own lives
Thank you

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟108,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you
You are welcome. I am not that good at finding verses (have to read my Bible more), so I had to use an privately run, free artificial intelligence tool that is locally installed on my laptop to help find the verses about anxiety. But, the verses are from God, and I cross checked them with the ESV Bible online.

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟169,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
אינשאללה הכול יהיה בסדר!
הפרוטסטנטים מדברים על נבואת התנ"ך. קשה להישאר ממוקד בדברי משיח. אני חלש וחסר אמונה. אב הרחמן, רחם נא.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟138,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Google translated to: Inshallah, everything will be fine.
Google Translate was correct!

הפרוטסטנטים מדברים על נבואת התנ"ך. קשה להישאר ממוקד בדברי משיח. אני חלש וחסר אמונה. אב הרחמן, רחם נא.
Ignore them, they know not what they're talking about. If they were so focused on being "Bible based" and all that, than they would take to heart that part where Christ said "only the Father knows the hour" regarding the end of the world. Not even Christ knew, so why should we waste time figuring it out? The world has been ending since Pentecost.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟108,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Google Translate was correct!

Ignore them, they know not what they're talking about. If they were so focused on being "Bible based" and all that, than they would take to heart that part where Christ said "only the Father knows the hour" regarding the end of the world. Not even Christ knew, so why should we waste time figuring it out? The world has been ending since Pentecost.
Cool. So, what is with all the Hebrew in this thread? This thread should have an English translation as well, as most of this forum uses English.

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟169,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Cool. So, what is with all the Hebrew in this thread? This thread should have an English translation as well, as most of this forum uses English.
oh I just thought it was cool to reply in Hebrew lol

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,473,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
my guess is because they wanted to comment in Hebrew.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟159,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Thanks for your helpful posts. I’ve been anxious too.

• Prayers
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟108,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for your helpful posts. I’ve been anxious too.
You are welcome. It means a lot that you guys get the right help. Hopefully my posts are a tool for you, and I will pray for you @FaithT

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟108,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you.
You are welcome, sister in Christ.

Remember when Christian music had deeper meanings, back in the 2000s and before? Kutless - Strong Tower (2005) might be a good song to help you with these feelings, as God is a refuge, or strong tower for us.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟138,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
For funsies.

I am not fluent, but I do know Hebrew and, well, once it a while it is just fun to use and give the serious discussion a little levity.

Upvote 0