enroute
✟1,410,640.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Jeramiah 49 is a whole chapter. You can't expect us to parse the whole thing to find your meaning.

:sigh: Since Iran is the heir to Persia/Elam here is their fate.

Jeremiah 49:35 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Behold, I will break the bow of Elam, the chief of their might.
Iran is boasting of their missile capability and how their missiles can reach Israel in minutes. In this scripture they will lose their launce ability (bow broken). Possibly a nuclear accident, because...
Jeremiah49:36 And upon Elam will I bring the four winds from the four quarters of heaven, and will scatter them toward all those winds; and there shall be no nation whither the outcasts of Elam shall not come.

37 For I will cause Elam to be dismayed before their enemies, and before them that seek their life: and I will bring evil upon them, even my fierce anger, saith the Lord; and I will send the sword after them, till I have consumed them:

So there will be refugees fleeing whatever happens when the bow (launchers) is broken.
I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟305,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
:sigh: Since Iran is the heir to Persia/Elam here is their fate.
Never heard of this "prophecy". (I have heard of Elam as I have made some study of ancient history intermittently.) Elam hasn't existed for 2500 years.
Jeremiah 49:35 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Behold, I will break the bow of Elam, the chief of their might.
The funny thing (well not that funny actually) is that the verse before it (since I looked it up now that you provided better coordinates) puts the prophesy in context

"The word of the Lord that came to Jeremiah the prophet against Elam, in the beginning of the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah, saying ..."

This Zedekiah person was apparently installed by Nebuchadnezzar who attacked Elam the next year. Sounds like it may have already been fulfilled and by something the "prophet" would have understood, not whatever straws you are grasping at.
Iran is boasting of their missile capability and how their missiles can reach Israel in minutes. In this scripture they will lose their launce ability (bow broken). Possibly a nuclear accident, because...
Iran is not Elam and Jeremiah knew nothing of missiles or nuclear things.
Jeremiah49:36 And upon Elam will I bring the four winds from the four quarters of heaven, and will scatter them toward all those winds; and there shall be no nation whither the outcasts of Elam shall not come.

37 For I will cause Elam to be dismayed before their enemies, and before them that seek their life: and I will bring evil upon them, even my fierce anger, saith the Lord; and I will send the sword after them, till I have consumed them:
Even another one of your "prophets" calls Elam destroyed a decade later:

"There is Elam and all her multitude, All around her grave, All of them slain, fallen by the sword, Who have gone down uncircumcised to the lower parts of the earth, Who caused their terror in the land of the living; Now they bear their shame with those who go down to the Pit. " (ezekial 32:24)

So there will be refugees fleeing whatever happens when the bow (launchers) is broken.
I hope this helps.
These things happened it would seem, circa 595-580 BCE.

• Informative
Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Never heard of this "prophecy". (I have heard of Elam as I have made some study of ancient history intermittently.) Elam hasn't existed for 2500 years.
Yeah, “prophesy” that takes two and a half millennia is an “inside joke” in the (Triune)godhead.
It’s “above our pay-grade” to try to understand, just laugh and say “good one Boss!” (If one were so inclined).

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟152,826.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Persia and Elam are Iran today.
This does not work. You cannot look at today's world through the optics of a 3,000 years old and already fulfilled text.

Today's Iran is just Iran, period. As you are for example American and not a 3,000 years old European tribe member or something. Cultural identity is continuously changing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟305,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You guys can scoff and deny the word, but you will see.
A prophesy from 2600 years ago that seems clearly focused on things happening 2600 years ago has even less relevance to today than the usual vague or over interpreted "prophesy". Scoffing isn't involved here.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,410,640.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A prophesy from 2600 years ago that seems clearly focused on things happening 2600 years ago has even less relevance to today than the usual vague or over interpreted "prophesy". Scoffing isn't involved here.
OK. :sigh:

Upvote 0