USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Same here! I've been on countless sleep pills (none currently, thankfully) and they did nothing but harm. I have severe sleep apnea, which may or may not be related to my BMI.
Have you had a sleep test and have a Cpap machine? I have heard they help a lot!

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Have you had a sleep test and have a Cpap machine? I have heard they help a lot!
Yes! I use a CPAP machine nightly. :) And had two different sleep tests done.

Upvote 0

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟255,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
I walked over 15,000 steps today according to my iPhone. My eating habits are terrible, so they probably cancel it out :(

Maybe carry around with you simple and small protein treats to sustain you through out the day, so that the need to eat a lot of food at night is greatly reduced....

small, simple snacks, easy to use, like a small protein shake or sticks of string cheese tucked into a coat pocket for example...

I think I heard something about how eating at night can be comforting, however, the digestive processes can actually keep one from going into deep and restorative sleep?

Maybe eat nothing after 7 pm as a trial goal?

Take a hot bath instead, and allow your body to cool off, which leads to natural sleep

Maybe do some stretches....develop out a night time ritual to take your mind off of things

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe carry around with you simple and small protein treats to sustain you through out the day, so that the need to eat a lot of food at night is greatly reduced....

small, simple snacks, easy to use, like a small protein shake or sticks of string cheese tucked into a coat pocket for example...

I think I heard something about how eating at night can be comforting, however, the digestive processes can actually keep one from going into deep and restorative sleep?

Maybe eat nothing after 7 pm as a trial goal?

Take a hot bath instead, and allow your body to cool off, which leads to natural sleep

Maybe do some stretches....develop out a night time ritual to take your mind off of things
Thanks for the recommendation! Unfortunately, I do not eat at work. I still eat later at night when I am off. My eating habits need to change. I still get a ton of steps in, though.

I appreciate all of your posts :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the recommendation! Unfortunately, I do not eat at work. I still eat later at night when I am off. My eating habits need to change. I still get a ton of steps in, though.

I appreciate all of your posts :)
I’m still working out and I can see the difference but I’m stuck at 50 lbs of weight loss and I want to lose another 50 pounds.
I can see that I have added muscle mass, my strength and endurance have improved and I feel better but I’m going to have to get stricter on my diet to reach my weight loss goals.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I’m still working out and I can see the difference but I’m stuck at 50 lbs of weight loss and I want to lose another 50 pounds.
I can see that I have added muscle mass, my strength and endurance have improved and I feel better but I’m going to have to get stricter on my diet to reach my weight loss goals.
Thank you :)

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for sharing about your male problems too.. I can't get my husband to talk to the doctor, and I've been quite concerned. Maybe with some of what you shared here it may assuage some of his worries. He would feel better if he wasn't up every hour of the night...

As for the workout you recommended, I'll give it a shot.

I have severe nerve damage in my legs from a spinal injury (as well as CRPS type 2) and have had 3 major back surgeries now. I was bedridden prior to the last one and recovery is exceedingly slow. (Though I'll never permanently recover, the last surgery was just the hope of having something of a life and a small decrease in pain levels)

I'm doing PT of course, but I'm kinda stuck where I am and not progressing any farther, which really isn't that good. So maybe a little change up would help. There's a lot I would never be able to do I'm sure, but maybe there's a few ideas I can incorporate in to my regular PT. :)

I pray you'll be able to drop the rest of the weight you want to drop.

I'm kinda in the same boat as you with weight gain. I gained 75 pounds being bedridden, and getting it back off is far more difficult than putting it on.. lol

I've lost 40 pounds now but I've done the same as you.. just hit a plateau that is difficult to break through and get back to loosing.
Thanks. I had RFA Thursday and it takes about 10 days to start working. I had to get my wife to put on my left sock this morning because of the leg pain. But I still did my workouts this week

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟700,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks. I had RFA Thursday and it takes about 10 days to start working. I had to get my wife to put on my left sock this morning because of the leg pain. But I still did my workouts this week

When they do my ablations I can't even make it to the bathroom for the first 5 days the pain is so bad...my husband has to lift me to the bedside commode.. My nerves just don't react well to being messed with. Lol

I am totally impressed that your able to work out through it!

Totally impressed!

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

• Winner
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have lost 10 pounds in a week just by watching my WW points. I started taking this yesterday and it has suppressed my appetite

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I started a 100 rep routine with the Steel Mace.
I do 3 different moves with the rope, for 60 reps, 20 Kettlebell swings each side with one hand and 30 with 2 hands,
25 Indian Club Swings and then 100 reps with the Mace.
After that I come back and do variations two or three times and each time I finish with 100 reps with the Mace
It’s about 250 reps each cycle (round ). I think I’m going to increase it to 300 reps per round . I may just do the Mace routine 3 times for some of the rounds.
It’s a good upper body workout and pretty good for cardio.

Upvote 0