Montgomery
✟145,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I went into the 7th grade I was picked on, bullied and beaten up repeatedly. One time they held me down and slammed a door on my head and gave me a concussion.
One day in PE they took us in a room with a Universal Gym and we started lifting weights. I could bench press more than anyone else. I had found my thing.
We had a weight set at home and I started lifting weights doing push ups and jogging.
I didn’t know what I was doing I just worked until I couldn’t do any more.
The next summer I flew to Georgia to visit relatives and when I came through the airport there was Arnold Schwarzenegger’book. I got it and started buying magazines and discovered Mike Mentzer’s high intensity training.
By the 9th grade I was a different person. The second week of school someone started a fight with me and I hit him so hard that his eye swelled shut.
After that I was popular.That’s what every kid wants.
The rest of my life I continued working out.
I never competed but I got pretty strong for someone who didn’t take steroids. My best lifts were
Bench Press 405 x 5
Squats 405 x 10, 315 x 20
Dumbbell Curls 80 x 10
Leg Press 1000 x 10
One Arm Row 120 x 20
Lifting weights helped me in my career in law enforcement and security.
6 years ago I remarried and moved 70 miles from where I worked. I started driving 2 and 1/2 hours every day. There was nowhere to put my equipment so I sold it.
I quit working out and I gained 100 pounds. I didn’t workout for 6 years.
3 months ago I started working out and again. I’ve lost 40 pounds and I am trying to lose another 40 by December.
I started with DDP Yoga because there is a program for beginners that are completely out of shape and have limited mobility.
I also started working out with the X3 Bar Band System, the Total Gym and dumbbells.
My strength has improved substantially in 3 months.
I had to tussle with someone at work last week and working out has made a big difference.
If you’re out of shape and need a program for beginners DDP Yoga is perfect.
If you don’t have a lot of room the X3 Band System stores neatly in a duffel bag when you’re done working out.
I’m trying to stay in shape so that I can keep working into my 70s

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I went into the 7th grade I was picked on, bullied and beaten up repeatedly. One time they held me down and slammed a door on my head and gave me a concussion.
One day in PE they took us in a room with a Universal Gym and we started lifting weights. I could bench press more than anyone else. I had found my thing.
We had a weight set at home and I started lifting weights doing push ups and jogging.
I didn’t know what I was doing I just worked until I couldn’t do any more.
The next summer I flew to Georgia to visit relatives and when I came through the airport there was Arnold Schwarzenegger’book. I got it and started buying magazines and discovered Mike Mentzer’s high intensity training.
By the 9th grade I was a different person. The second week of school someone started a fight with me and I hit him so hard that his eye swelled shut.
After that I was popular.That’s what every kid wants.
The rest of my life I continued working out.
I never competed but I got pretty strong for someone who didn’t take steroids. My best lifts were
Bench Press 405 x 5
Squats 405 x 10, 315 x 20
Dumbbell Curls 80 x 10
Leg Press 1000 x 10
One Arm Row 120 x 20
Lifting weights helped me in my career in law enforcement and security.
6 years ago I remarried and moved 70 miles from where I worked. I started driving 2 and 1/2 hours every day. There was nowhere to put my equipment so I sold it.
I quit working out and I gained 100 pounds. I didn’t workout for 6 years.
3 months ago I started working out and again. I’ve lost 40 pounds and I am trying to lose another 40 by December.
I started with DDP Yoga because there is a program for beginners that are completely out of shape and have limited mobility.
I also started working out with the X3 Bar Band System, the Total Gym and dumbbells.
My strength has improved substantially in 3 months.
I had to tussle with someone at work last week and working out has made a big difference.
If you’re out of shape and need a program for beginners DDP Yoga is perfect.
If you don’t have a lot of room the X3 Band System stores neatly in a duffel bag when you’re done working out.
I’m trying to stay in shape so that I can keep working into my 70s
I have some issues in my back that cause severe nerve pain in my left leg. 2 weeks ago I had radio frequency ablation. They said it would take 10 days to 3 weeks to work.
After 12 days the pain just vanished.
Even on good days I was limping now the leg is pain free. I pray that it stays this way.
I did 4 20 minute DDP Yoga workouts and 3 30 minute resistance training workouts this week on my off days. I work 3 and 1/2 days then have 3and 1/2 days off. It’s a great schedule.
The resistance training is on the Total Gym, X3 Bar Gym and free weights. It’s brief, intense workouts lasting about 30 minutes. Wednesday was Chest, Thursday Back and Friday Shoulders and Arms. Legs get worked during DDP Yoga. I did DDP Yoga workouts Wednesday Thursday Friday and Saturday.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I started out on a mat with DDP Yoga then moved to a chair and have been doing workouts in a chair. I finished those and started the standing workouts.
It’s quite a workout. I never would have thought you could get a good workout with stretching, lunges, flexing and holding positions but I was drenched with sweat after 30 minutes.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you have a problem with motivation? You know you need to workout but you don’t feel like it?
I use the Day One Calendar app and keep a journal and write down my goals and all the benefits of working out. I read books to motivate me and use other techniques but I have found the best motivation is just starting. Just commit to doing one set. Once you’ve done that the motivation will come.
Its as simple as doing one thing then the rest will follow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you have a problem with motivation? You know you need to workout but you don’t feel like it?
I use the Day One Calendar app and keep a journal and write down my goals and all the benefits of working out. I read books to motivate me and use other techniques but I have found the best motivation is just starting. Just commit to doing one set. Once you’ve done that the motivation will come.
Its as simple as doing one thing then the rest will follow.
The books The War of Art, Turning Pro and Do The Work are great for motivation. The War of Art gets into some areas Christians may find objectionable but the part about Resistance is great.
Do The Work is the most practical one if you’re setting goals, trying to get in shape, starting a business, doing something benevolent or any endeavor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After 3 months. Lost 45 pounds so far. Trying to lose 40 more by December.
I’m just now at the point where I started the last time I lost 80 pounds.
I was 340 3 months ago, 295 now and hoping to be at 260 in December.
Then I will have 20 more pounds to lose to reach my goal
I will post another picture when I get down to 240.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,954.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Congratulations. I was 310 at one time and dropped to 230, I gained 20 back now have to get back on track . It's a lifestyle to maintain a good weight but a worthy goal never to become discouraged or give up. We keep hanging in there and by God's grace making it happen.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Congratulations. I was 310 at one time and dropped to 230, I gained 20 back now have to get back on track . It's a lifestyle to maintain a good weight but a worthy goal never to become discouraged or give up. We keep hanging in there and by God's grace making it happen.
Every time I’ve lost weight I eventually gained it back. The last time I lost 80 pounds I kept it off for 3 years.
I want to get in shape and stay in shape so that I can keep working into my 70’s
20 pounds will be easy for you to lose. Good luck and thanks for posting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ari.sketch

Aug 14, 2023
Daejeon
✟14,889.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
that's awesome, congratulation and all the best in you reaching your goals! we're rooting for ya!

on that note, I do need to start getting active again as well ... been "in the dump" ... still is, but trying to be active, get some exercise,
our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, I do have a sense of responsibility to take good care of it

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that's awesome, congratulation and all the best in you reaching your goals! we're rooting for ya!

on that note, I do need to start getting active again as well ... been "in the dump" ... still is, but trying to be active, get some exercise,
our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, I do have a sense of responsibility to take good care of it
If you’re out of shape and need an exercise program you can do I recommend DDP Yoga. The app is $8.99 a month. You can start with exercises you can do in your bed. Then you move to exercises you do in a chair. When you get through that then there is standing up but you use the chair to help you balance. After that you’re ready to start as a beginner. It gradually gets harder.
It’s great and you would be surprised how hard you can work in a chair.
I can recommend a book if you need motivation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ari.sketch

Aug 14, 2023
Daejeon
✟14,889.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
thanks, I've checked out DDP Yoga, looks pretty good - I've heard of it, but first time I checked it out - didn't know Stevie Richard is doing it, too.

right now I'll just be looking at the ones on youtube and we'll see where I go from there,
I really appreciate all the information, though - once I start progressing, I'll have to check it out, later

I'm not trying to lose weight, but just wanted to be active ... it's been a tough couple of months (mental and emotional health issues), and I haven't been as active as I would like to ... so trying to get back again

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
288 now and 13 weeks to get to 260

Upvote 0