UK
✟23,544.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It depends on whether your husbands marriage was validly sacramental or not.
There are two types of marriage. Natural marriage which is just a contract between two people. This is created by man and can be dissolved by man. Then there is Christian marriage, also known as sacramental marriage. In this, the covenant bond is created by God and cannot be dissolved by men.
If your husband's first marriage was validly sacramental, then the marriage bond of that marriage cannot be dissolved by human law and he is still married to his first wife and you are committing adultery. (this is what Jesus says)
If your husbands first marriage was NOT validly sacramental, then he was free to marry you validly and you are fine.
It wasn’t a religious wedding so I guess we’re fine?

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟585,749.00
Faith
Christian
I decided to not pursue marriage unless God revealed to me it is good for me to for His sake that nothing is more important than serving God to focus on it and prepare for eternity and to show witness to others about what is important and to show care to others not married to also encourage them not to be troubled so they can care for their eternity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟585,749.00
Faith
Christian
I decided to do so but it is wrong to try to persuade others to reject others who want to get married because they should be single as is still a good thing that there needs to be people to marry to be fruitful and multiply who may be more productive married but not all need to that is also good for some to be single who are more inclined to preach and want to live a more religious life.
www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/a7bb7hu824oeuaugrvzhx/Video-3-5-2024-11-12-25-am.mp4?rlkey=od394msznp3m0083wbiu18s9p&dl=0

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟585,749.00
Faith
Christian
Was going to post some more here but decided not to so is not debated but I decided I will seek to marry as is good thing now I see to have children that is good that bible says is good to speak with enemies in the gate that I see some use situation to put down one who is christian as loser as though doing so because know can not succeed and so I am not blamed for not trying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟70,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Was going to post some more here but decided not to so is not debated but I decided I will seek to marry as is good thing now I see to have children that is good that bible says is good to speak with enemies in the gate that I see some use situation to put down one who is christian as loser as though doing so because know can not succeed and so I am not blamed for not trying.
I watched your video clip and agree that it is a good, remarkable perspective. I knew before I was 20 that I was meant to have a wife and offspring. It grieves me a bit that I have been wed four times but I rejoice in Yashua's Grace for old reprobates like myself. From this post it is easy to see that marriage, regardless of salvation status can be or develop into sin. This is a good example of why we need to follow the Scriptures as closely as we are able.

• Useful
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0
Mar 12, 2022
champaign
✟17,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Marriage was established by God from the beginning to be between a man and a woman. It is a special, deep, intimate connection when a husband and a wife become one. This is the same way that God loves his people and God established marriage to give us an example so we can understand just how much and how God loves his people. True marriage as God first established it was NEVER a sin. It only becomes sin when you mess with God's original design for marriage (gay marriage, divorce, divorce and remairrage outside of adultery, or as you pointed out union's between humans and angels who have no gender)

But marriage in its truest form as God has always designed it was never a sin.
Where in the word does it say that a woman could remarry because her husband committed adultery?

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟926,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Where in the word does it say that a woman could remarry because her husband committed adultery?

Ive never noticed that before but, It's sort of implied. You're right that Jesus only said that a man could remarry because of sexual immorality (matthew 19:9) but why would only a man be allowed to remarry because of sexual immorality? Why not a woman as well?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟66,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus doesn't say the man was not sinning. He just said if it was not due to immorality, he would be committing adultery.
View that in light of why Moses allowed for divorce.
" Because of the hardness of your hearts".
Is hardness of one's heart sin?
I still believe that His perfect will is to remain married or if you divorce, to remain unmarried or be reconciled to your ex.
I can't find anything in scripture that can stand against that belief.
If you find one, let me know.
Sin is missing the bullseye.
I know husbands and wives can hurt one another deaply, but He is able and, I believe, wants to fix every marriage.
I know I've come across hard on this issue, but that is what I think His desire is for every married couple.
Has my decision to hold fast to what I believe He communicated to me years ago brought about a happy situation in my own marriage?
No.
But He is able.
We are free to do as we please and I've seen plenty of couples divorce and remarry amongst my freinds and family and find "true happiness" with another.
But the tearing of flesh must inflict pain that I'm simply not seeing in their lives.
I just don't believe divorce should be a believer's go-to if they are cheated on.
To be honest, I am not made perfect yet and until then, I may never understand why Jesus asked me to stay married to a woman who, basically, went to the extreme she did, WANTING me to divorce her. She has expressed that to me in many ways many times.
In a fit of rage recently, she said " Yes, and you have been using that excuse not to divorce me for 45 years" when I reminded her that I believe God spoke that to my heart those many years ago.
I see her unhappiness and hatred for me. It is not my responcibility to God to divorce her just so she can "take the high rode". She is a free will agent like everyone else. She can divorce me and could have at any time all these years
Perhaps to many readers I'm a fool.

Bill

Last edited:
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟54,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Is hardness of one's heart sin?
I still believe that His perfect will is to remain married or if you divorce, to remain unmarried or be reconciled to your ex.
I can't find anything in scripture that can stand against that belief.
If you find one, let me know.
Is hardness of heart rebellion , pride , self-will ?
There are thousands of teachers tickling ears who use various reasons to make it okay to divorce and even to re-marry. People whose ears are tickled like the feeling and go along.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟54,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Perhaps to many readers I'm a fool.
We , you and i, are in good company ! Many readers consider Jesus a fool or a fraud or even not real !!! The world is under judgment , like Scripture Says, like Corey ten Boom point out the world is under a death sentence!
But the life that WE now live, we live by faith in the Son of God, Who Loves us and gave His Life for us.

So those unrighteous will grow in unrighteousnss today and tomorrow....
those who are righteous will be more righteous today and tomorrow....
as written.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟54,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ive never noticed that before but, It's sort of implied. You're right that Jesus only said that a man could remarry because of sexual immorality (matthew 19:9) but why would only a man be allowed to remarry because of sexual immorality? Why not a woman as well?
Questioning God ?

Realize in the orignal language and still in Israel, Jesus was much more understood and ONLY allowed , or permitted, divorce if the man and woman were betrothed (they all understood at that time, but almost no one today does), and not yet 'married' (no wedding ceremony or consummation yet).
Realize this is not different from Jesus' Strictness in requirements for a man - a man did not have to do the deed to be guilty of adultery, only already if he desired a woman in his heart, he was (and is to this day the same) guilty of adultery - needing to repent if God Permits, or to die for his sin.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟5,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bible says as it was in the days of Noah they were marrying and giving in marriage and did not know until the flood came and took them all away so it will be when the son of man returns

In the days of Noah marriage was a sin because sons of God married daughters of men that is the non spiritual people

I thought marriage is never a sin if person is Christian as Paul said he who marries has not sinned but such will have trouble in the flesh

But could it be a sin if the other person possibility may not be a true Christian if they are not of similar background to atleast be born in Christian family though it is possible one is a Christian if one is not

What other situations is it a sin ?

But how can it take them by surprise if Christ will come after the tribulation do you think some will not even believe they are in the tribulation because how then can it take them by surprise ?

My dad says when Paul says in the last days people will forbid marriage it means because people will live together without getting married I don’t think however it is necessary to get married and have kids you may not raise in God if one is not spiritual but this means people should not sin and if they do they must repent

I am convinced now that I should not marry because it may not work out my father thought it was good for me though I don’t have to and my grandfather
my dads father told me before he died he wanted me to get married but my father said I don’t have to listen to him if I thought it was good and I was able to do something for the Lord I would think to get married but I think being single is being more profitable for the Lord the barren has more children than one who is married because you should not make people feel they have to get married which being single is maybe more safe and good for some and you don’t know if you will meet one suitable

unless I am convinced being married is good if I meet one suitable I don’t think I should get married
The apostle Paul said that it's ok to have an unbeliever as a spouse. But it's not preferred. It's not sin however

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟54,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟54,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I believe Paul is referring to a new man in Christ whose wife is an unbeliever as was he when they wed.
So if a believer marries an unbeliever (neither having been married before)
and they have children,
based on your post, their children will be unclean instead of clean as Scripture says ?

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟66,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I'll be. There's that divorce and remarriage thing again with a twist.
Paul tells new believers "Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife."

Even if a man divorces his wife prior to getting saved, it seems Paul is telling him not to remarry.
How can a man know that God will not honor that man's vows and restore his marriage?
Should he remarry to another, reconciliation is gone.

God's best is gone.

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟66,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if a believer marries an unbeliever (neither having been married before)
and they have children,
based on your post, their children will be unclean instead of clean as Scripture says ?
No I am not saying that.
But I think the believing spouse loses out on God's best for him when he marries an unbeliever.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟54,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
No I am not saying that.
But I think the believing spouse loses out on God's best for him when he marries an unbeliever.
Yes, it certainly makes life daily more difficult and awkward and harder to endure! Like for Samson, it was certainly A lot more difficult!
And remember, do not let your wife get your hair cut! :)

Upvote 0