Detroit
✟28,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can see @Aaron112 is very hard working.
So far, he hasn't provided any scriptures on the topic, but the thread now seems to be about jws and cult teachings.
It really would be nice to see study and exposition of specific Bible verses, in accordance with the thread's purpose.
It's going nicely here, as scriptures are being put to use.
I guess @Aaron112 has his own agenda. Am I right?

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟28,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where is the kingdom of God?

"heavenly kingdom"
John 18:36
"the kingdom of the heavens"
Matthew 13:11; Matthew 13
"heavenly Mount Zion"
Hebrews 12:22; <-> Revelation 14:1; Psalm 2:6

What about where the kings of the kingdom will be?
John 14:2, 3; 1 Peter 1:4; 1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17; 2 Corinthians 5:1

The kingdom of God is set up in the heavens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟311,908.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And eventually comes down to what was mankind, a garden renewal. It helps to remember that God's Kingdom also means His rule over man, man having been relieved of the ability to boss around ((govern, what have you)each other. His Kingdom come, HIS will be done in earth

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟28,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And eventually comes down to what was mankind, a garden renewal. It helps to remember that God's Kingdom also means His rule over man, man having been relieved of the ability to boss around ((govern, what have you)each other. His Kingdom come, HIS will be done in earth
Yes. The renewal of mankind's home. Sounds good to me.
Yes. The kingdom rules over mankind, fulfilling the words of the 'famous' prayer - Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.
If only everyone understood that, but that would contradict Jesus' words at Matthew 7:13, 14.

The kingdom rules from heaven where its kings are located. Its domain includes the earth where the earthly subjects live.
Angels are subject to Christ (Hebrews 1:3-6), and Paul said the Saints will judge angels (1 Corinthians 6:3). So there are subjects of the kingdom living in heaven also.

Thus, the kingdom's domain is in heaven and on earth.
Christ is "to bring all things in heaven and on earth together" in him. Ephesians 1:10 So that "when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power", hurling death into the Lake of Fire, "then the Son himself will also become subject to the one who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all." 1 Corinthians 15:24-28

PS.
Sorry I am now responding to this, because I am now seeing it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟311,908.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thus, the kingdom's domain is in heaven and on earth.
Of course, yes. Mankind is but a small part in the overall plan. God has been warring against the adversarial spirit since before our creation. Selfish humans want to make it all about us but it is about God overcoming that adversarial spirit in all, from the rebellious elohim to later mankind. People need to rethink what salvation means and set aside the notion they need not take a side thinking they have a free pass.

• Informative
Reactions: CoreyD
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟28,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course, yes. Mankind is but a small part in the overall plan. God has been warring against the adversarial spirit since before our creation. Selfish humans want to make it all about us but it is about God overcoming that adversarial spirit in all, from the rebellious elohim to later mankind. People need to rethink what salvation means and set aside the notion they need not take a side thinking they have a free pass.
You said so much there with just a few words, I feel it may elude most of us.
So, I'll be happy to elaborate.

Mankind is but a small part in the overall plan.
You are so correct. The son of God, and the vast multitude - myriads upon myriads of spirit creatures (Hebrews 12:22; Revelation 5:11) - exited eons before the earth and mankind (Job 38:4-7).
The sovereign had a big family in heaven. Mankind is a small "extension" of that family.
We aren't even of the same nature - kin, so to speak.

God has been warring against the adversarial spirit since before our creation.
True again.
The rebellious angel - the one called Devil and Satan, did not wake up... well, angels don't sleep. He did not say one of those God days, "I want to be a Satan".
The Bible helps us to see that pride developed in that angel's heart (Ezekiel 28:17), and he obviously did not try to root it out, under his holy father's admonishing.
That's not recorded, but we know God always disciplines his children whom he loves. (Hebrews 12:4-11)

it is about God overcoming that adversarial spirit in all, from the rebellious elohim to later mankind.
An excellent point.
I need not say more. God wants all to be like him - Holy.
If we reach that pinnacle, there will be no adversarial spirit in any of God's children.
That's the stage Jesus will bring us to during the thousand year reign.

I don't think people can rethink what they never had. Religion over the centuries, has taken away the true knowledge of God, and replaced it with man-made doctrine, and many of us have swallowed it.
I swallowed some of it, but only because I was spoon fed it at an early age. It was forced down my throat.
However, I didn't digest it. I brought it back up. :)

However, what will happen, is that people who fit the description at Acts 13:48 - appointed (designated, ordained) to eternal life [by God] - will get the understanding of the knowledge that sets one free.
They will find the narrow gate to life (few they may be). Matthew 7:13, 14

You don't need to worry about people rethinking anything; since few are appointed to life, because they have the right heart, many are appointed to death, because they really do not want the truth. 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

Last edited:
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0