Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah 9:6-7
New International Version
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

Daniel 2:44-45
In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever. This is the meaning of the vision of the rock cut out of a mountain, but not by human hands - a rock that broke the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold to pieces.
“The great God has shown the king what will take place in the future. The dream is true and its interpretation is trustworthy.”

Daniel 7:13, 14, 27
American Standard Version
I saw in the night-visions, and, behold, there came with the clouds of heaven one like unto a son of man, and he came even to the ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all the peoples, nations, and languages should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
And the kingdom and the dominion, and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High: his kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Luke 22:28-30
But ye are they that have continued with me in my temptations; and I appoint unto you a kingdom, even as my Father appointed unto me, that ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom; and ye shall sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Others:
2 Timothy 2:12
if we endure, we shall also reign with him: if we shall deny him, he also will deny us:

Revelation 3:21
King James Version
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Revelation 20:4
King James Version
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 20:6
King James Version
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

How is the kingdom of God defined in scripture?
A Government by/of God, set up in the heavens, with God's appointed King - Christ Jesus, who has chosen and appointed faithful persons to rule alongside him as kings.

What is the dominion - territory of the kingdom/government of God?
Daniel 7:14 all the peoples, nations, and languages should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed

Matthew 6:10
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so on earth.

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟189,508.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
IMO the day of the Lord is either the tribulation 7 year period or the short period right at the end when Jesus actually comes and destroys the antichrist, beast, world armies, the big earthquake etc.
Oh... you mean the Millennium.

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟189,508.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh... you mean the Millennium.
No, to me the millennium is the period immediately after the 7 year tribulation. Its the 7 year period of the tribulation or in the 7 year period of the tribulation that the Day of the Lord occurs.

Upvote 0

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
No, to me the millennium is the period immediately after the 7 year tribulation. Its the 7 year period of the tribulation or in the 7 year period of the tribulation that the Day of the Lord occurs.
That's what I read from your post.
But hey we can't get it right every time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟29,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For some of those verses the Millennial Kingdom fits the bill very well
I never actually heard that phrase before, but I have hear the term millennium.
The Britannica Dictionary definition of MILLENNIUM says:
millennium noun
plural millennia or millenniums

1 : a period of 1,000 years
The book describes the changes that have occurred in the landscape over many millennia.

2 : a period of a thousand years counted from the beginning of the Christian era
The year 2000 was celebrated as the beginning of the third millennium.
We had a party to celebrate the millennium. [=the beginning of the millennium]

I have also heard the term 'Millennial Reign/Rule' - referring to the 1,000 year rule of Christ.
Is that what you meant?

From the scriptures, we see that the kingdom is set up, before the millennium, and Jesus takes the throne long before that period begins.
For example, we read in the book of Psalms 110:1
Jehovah saith unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, Until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Hebrews 8:1; Hebrews 12:2

He didn't begin ruling at that point, but he was awaiting that time when he would be crowned king, and begin ruling while his enemies were active.
I like the picture John paints for us, at Revelation 6:1-8
It's a beautiful picture.
640px-Apocalypse_vasnetsov.jpg

I don't mean the dead bodies, but the fact that Jesus receives his crown, and begins his rule, which is then followed by, the signs he gave at Matthew 24, which fits so nicely with John's vision, as seen in this picture.

We have clear proof that Christ is ruling as king, at present.
The 1,000 year rule - millennium -begins sometime future.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟29,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have always thought that the phrase "Day of the Lord" fit best with the events of the Millennial Kingdom.
Day of the Lord is an interesting expression.
Do you think it's often misunderstood? What is the Millennial Kingdom? Is this another kingdom or a period during the rule of the kingdom?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟29,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
IMO the day of the Lord is either the tribulation 7 year period or the short period right at the end when Jesus actually comes and destroys the antichrist, beast, world armies, the big earthquake etc.
I would go with the latter, based on 2 Peter 3:10-12, 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3, and a few other scriptures.

Upvote 0

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Day of the Lord is an interesting expression.
Do you think it's often misunderstood? What is the Millennial Kingdom? Is this another kingdom?
Millennial Kingdom is the Rev 20 kingdom of Jesus on Earth.
If you hold to the Creation day age of the Earth... then the Earth is created in 6 days(6 millennium)... then the Day of the Lord is the 1000 years of rest that the land has.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟29,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Millennial Kingdom is the Rev 20 kingdom of Jesus on Earth.
If you hold to the Creation day age of the Earth... then the Earth is created in 6 days(6 millennium)... then the Day of the Lord is the 1000 years of rest that the land has.
Ah. The millennial rule.
Yes, I agree, that it is the rest Paul spoke about in the book of Hebrews. A thousand years of rest - without that old serpent around. How refreshing that will be.
Why do you say Jesus is on earth though? Does he not rule the earth from heaven?

Upvote 0

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Ah. The millennial rule.
Yes, I agree, that it is the rest Paul spoke about in the book of Hebrews. A thousand years of rest - without that old serpent around. How refreshing that will be.
Why do you say Jesus is on earth though? Does he not rule the earth from heaven?
I say Jesus is on Earth because that is what Revelation says.
Are the 144k on Earth or in Heaven?
No He does not rule the Earth from Heaven during the 1k.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟288,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah 9:6-7
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

Daniel 2:44-45
In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever. This is the meaning of the vision of the rock cut out of a mountain, but not by human hands - a rock that broke the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold to pieces.
“The great God has shown the king what will take place in the future. The dream is true and its interpretation is trustworthy.”

Daniel 7:13, 14, 27
I saw in the night-visions, and, behold, there came with the clouds of heaven one like unto a son of man, and he came even to the ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all the peoples, nations, and languages should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
And the kingdom and the dominion, and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High: his kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Luke 22:28-30
But ye are they that have continued with me in my temptations; and I appoint unto you a kingdom, even as my Father appointed unto me, that ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom; and ye shall sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Others:
2 Timothy 2:12
if we endure, we shall also reign with him: if we shall deny him, he also will deny us:

Revelation 3:21
King James Version
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Revelation 20:4
King James Version
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 20:6
King James Version
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

How is the kingdom of God defined in scripture?
A Government by/of God, set up in the heavens, with God's appointed King - Christ Jesus, who has chosen and appointed faithful persons to rule alongside him as kings.

What is the dominion - territory of the kingdom/government of God?
Daniel 7:14 all the peoples, nations, and languages should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed

Matthew 6:10
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so on earth.
The Kingdom of God is the great nation that Abraham was promised to be the father of in Genesis 12:1-5, which is made up of citizens who are the children of Abraham and heirs to the promise. In Psalms 119:1-3, God's law is how the children of Abraham knew how to be blessed by walking in His way, and in John 8:39, Jesus said that if they were children of Abraham, then they would be doing the same works as him, so the way that the children of Abraham are multiplied and are a blessing to the nations in accordance with the promise is not through having many physical descendants, but through blessing the nations by turning them from their wickedness and teaching them how to do the same works as Abraham by walking in God's way in obedience to His law in accordance with spreading the Gospel of the Kingdom.

In Matthew 4:15-23, Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, which was a light to the Gentiles, and God's law was how his audience knew what sin is (Romans 3:20), so repenting from our disobedience to it is a central part of the Gospel of the Kingdom, which Jesus prophesied would be proclaimed to all nations (Matthew 24:12-14), which is in accordance with Jesus being sent in fulfillment of the promise to bless us by turning us from our wickedness (Acts 3:25-26), which is the Gospel of the Kingdom that was made known in advance to Abraham in accordance with the promise (Galatians 3:8), and which he spread to Gentiles in Haran in accordance with the promise (Genesis 12:1-5).

In Genesis 18:19, God knew Abraham that he would teach his children and those of his household to walk in God's way by doing righteousness and justice that the Lord may bring to him all that He has promised. In Genesis 26:4-5, God will multiply Abraham's children as the stars in the heaven, to his children He will give all of these lands, and through his children all of the nations of the earth will be blessed because he heard God's voice and guarded His charge, His commandments, His statues, and His laws. In Deuteronomy 30:16, if the children of Abraham love God with all of their heart by walking in His way in obedience to His commandments statutes, and laws, then they will live and multiply and God will bless them in the land that they go to possess. So the promise was made to Abraham and brought about because he walked in God's way in obedience to His law, he taught his children and those of his household to do that, and because his children did that, which was all in accordance with spreading the Gospel of the Kingdom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟29,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I say Jesus is on Earth because that is what Revelation says.
I must have missed that verse. Reading the Bible every year and missing verses. I need a stern talking to.
Which verse did you read that?

Are the 144k on Earth or in Heaven?
Some people say the earth, because they think that Revelation 21:2 saying " new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God", is actually saying " new Jerusalem, coming down to earth from God, but hopefully you aren't thinking that.

The scriptures do say
the kingdom is a heavenly one.2 Timothy 4:18
the Saints are given a body of heavenly design (a heavenly body) - 1 Corinthians 15:38-49; everlasting in the heavens - 2 Corinthians 5:1
Jesus goes to prepare a place for the Saints, in heaven, where he will take them, to be with him - John 14:1-3; and from there, they will rule and judge - Luke 22:28-30
Quite a few other scriptures tell us they are citizens in heaven. They will live there - forever. Philippians 3:20

No He does not rule the Earth from Heaven during the 1k.
Many believe as you do, but what do you think of an idea where the angels are in heaven serving a king on earth?
Why would Jesus leave his throne in heaven to come to earth to "gather together in one all things in heaven, and on earth" (Ephesians 1:10)?

The tabernacle of God does not have to be on earth to look after man. God has done that for centuries.

Upvote 0