Aug 2, 2008
✟7,672.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, I go to a Christian school of about 300 kids, so most of their parents either work at the school, are pastors, or are in some sort of ministry. The PK's are just like everyone else, some act up, some don't, some are spiritual, some aren't, it varies.:preach::priest:'
God bless.

Upvote 0

aigiqinf

Senior Veteran
Mar 5, 2006
✟14,396.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Wow... I made this thread forever ago.

I guess I'm technically an FPK now. (Former preacher's kid) While my dad is still ordained, he is on disability. This means I no longer have to worry about judging church members or moving... and I guess I get to see it from both sides now, but I miss him working.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
a friend of mine from high school was a PK, she was the daughter of the minister at the local Methodist church, my mom is methodist so I got to know the pastor very well
Kristine (the PK) is one of the best Christines I know, she loves the word of God, has given so much of her time to help other people, she defends the faith but is not pushy and is very respectful, she is kinda shy, but has a good sense of humor
I am blessed to know her

Upvote 0
M

mich_ellie

My dad is on the church board. A couple of years ago we got a new pastor who had 3 kids. During the summer my dad got me to hang out with one of the daughters, same age as me. It was forced at first, but we got to know each other so well. When all 3 joined the youth, everyone treated them different. I didn't get it... They were still the same as any one of us.
The church fell apart and the members voted off the pastor- it was pretty much split 50/50.
Since the pastor was terminated, he went to work at another church far away. I miss my best friend.

Something that puzzles me- As Christians, we are supposed to live our lives as Christ did. Jesus hung out with pretty sketch people, but made such an impact. I just think we are sometimes too judgmental to people. By treating others without judgment we bring glory to Christ.

Upvote 0

Jesusfreak93

Nov 4, 2009
Newberry, SC
✟15,298.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've known a few, and I myslef am one, but the ones I have met have seemed to me as "false" christians. They talk the talk, but don't walk the walk, so to speak. My brothers and sister's don't seem to have genuine concern for God. I feel almost alone in the world, I know God is with me, but I long for other Christians to be around, who feel the same burning need to get out there and tell others about God's Love.

Upvote 0
P

PKgirl87

I'm a PK. I'm 22 so I've spent yrs trying to work thru my issues.

I grew up "perfect," then rebelled for years (eating disorder, alcoholism, rehab, abusive relationships, promiscuous, dated men 20+ yrs older, etc). still struggling w/ recovery.

I used to be angry & blow up at parents. But now, I understand why they are the way they are... despite how frustrating it is. Currently, I'm trying to make positive changes w/ dad, but its very hard cuz 1) i try to control my words so i dont hurt him, 2) how i really feel about his religious-ness & his church would hurt & tear him to pieces. so what do i have left? just shut up & help him out... which outwardly may workout, but makes my recovery extremely hard.

i dont know... hopefully it'll just keep improving over time.

Upvote 0

grey.tea

Nov 16, 2009
british columbia
✟15,220.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
lol im a PK, i dont really talk about it unless im really comfortable with the person or im asked. i do take the teachings to heart tho, but i dont really 'enforce' it on other people. i cant really explain it to other people properly without it sounding wrong in some way.

its true that if you dont watch what you say with people of the church, it can come back to bite you. especially if your in high standing like my dad is. we were always told to be cautious with what we do and say around people of the church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nanz2688

Jan 18, 2007
Philippines
✟7,738.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
some people think I'm plastic, pretender, hypocrite....some of my peers won't believe the way I act..they think and said that I'm acting holy, sweet and kind etc. just because my Father is a pastor...it really hurts me..hearing those things...why don't they see that I'm doing things because I truly love Jesus?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

Cate135

I know the kids of my youth pastor, but he is new at being our pastor. He's been a pastor for all of two months? So they haven't grown up as a pastor's kid. I know a few Chaplain's kids (I live on a military base...) from my homeschool group. They are from the same family, they are so down the earth and share the same values I do.

This one church I went to for a few weeks, I was in the youth Sunday school with three of the pastor's kids. Those kids had the "holier than thou" attitude and knew everything about the Bible. I was 12, and really didn't know much at all about the bible. It was very intimidating and I begged my mom to let me go to her bible study instead. I did, and learned that lots of kids my age went to the adult bible study instead of the youth one. Wonder why..... We quit going to that church because my parents didn't agree with some of the views the pastor held.

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I only know one other PK. She seems to love being a PK for the most part. I think every PK's experience is different. I'm a PK myself and on the whole I have seen some very ugly things go on. It could very easily make anyone bitter or jaded. I sometimes have a hard time trusting people because of past experiences within the church but I know the Lord won't leave me like that. I tend to keep to myself and watch people for a while before I determine whether I am going to risk trusting them or not. It is very hard to "grab the iron" after you've been burned so many times, by people who claim to "love" you. I know that's true of any relationship and not just those within the body.

Upvote 0

nathan.

Mar 24, 2011
Brisbane
✟16,222.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I know only one PK at the moment. His Mum works at the school as a teacher & his dad is a minister/pastor in the Baptist Church. Since I don't go to the baptist church, I never really know what it's like on Saturday/Sunday for him. Though, in school, he doesn't really mention much about his dad (I guess because his Mum is a teacher lol).

Upvote 0