Montgomery
✟146,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why not? We're funding it. Killing two civilians for every combatant is completely unacceptable, no matter what the combatants are doing.

Hamas certainly isn't blameless, but Israel is the one making the decision to drop the bombs when they have other alternatives - whether that's smaller munitions or making more use of ground forces. It's by no means a 50/50 split.
Israel believes they are going to stop something like the attack from ever happening again. They’re not.
It’s not a 50)50 split but Hamas started this and built their bases and tunnels under civilian buildings and residential areas. They don’t care about civilian casualties

• Winner
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Then you agree the IDF is persuing a just counter-attack?

Of course I don't. The murder of innocents is never just. Israel's actions are blatantly evil.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟323,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Israel believes they are going to stop something like the attack from ever happening again. They’re not.
Agreed.
It’s not a 50)50 split but Hamas started this and built their bases and tunnels under civilian buildings and residential areas. They don’t care about civilian casualties
Also agreed. But it appears that Israel doesn't care either - so long as those civilians are not Israeli.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

So when Hamas inevitably attacks Israeli forces, and those forces are using Israeli civilians as shields, can we expect the same from you then as you offer now?

Either killing innocent people is wrong, or it's not.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟146,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So when Hamas inevitably attacks Israeli forces, and those forces are using Israeli civilians as shields, can we expect the same from you then as you offer now?

-CryptoLutheran
If you stand behind a child and shoot at me I probably won’t shoot back, but if you stand behind a child and shoot at my children, I will kill you and hope for the best

• Winner
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟350,140.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
No, bigotry must be stamped out. Have you spent any years studying the Scriptures?
I have spent several years studying Scripture, both formally and informally. But the comment you are responding to has nothing to do with Scripture. It's pointing out that Palestine is recognized as a nation by most of the world. And pointing out that it's either Palestine is a nation and Israel is killing Palestinian civilians, or Palestine isn't a nation, in which case the civilians being killed by the IDF are Israeli.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟146,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed.

Also agreed. But it appears that Israel doesn't care either - so long as those civilians are not Israeli.
They think it’s the only way to fight terrorists, There’s no telling how many terrorists they are creating though. Some of these kids protesting here may be future recruits

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You understand that the use of one’s own citizens as human-shields and other people’s citizens as hostages is to show the world how bad their enemy is when they get killed.

Yes, it’s Hamas’ “fault”.
If Daddy leaves his 9mm out where Billy could find it, then we’d fault Dad if a Billy shot Johnny.
If Israel “ends Hamas”, the carnage will be so bad that the USA will have no choice but to abandon Israel.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟323,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
They think it’s the only way to fight terrorists, There’s no telling how many terrorists they are creating though. Some of these kids protesting here may be future recruits
Are you going somewhere with this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟323,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just that there seems to be no solution.
There is one possibility that hasn't been tried yet - stop supporting Israel's actions against Palestine. I don't know for sure if that'll stop them, but cutting off their funding and weapons shipments until they take serious measures to reduce civilian casualties seems like a reasonable step. To date, we've basically done the equivalent of sending a strongly-worded letter - then shipped the weapons. That's not exactly a recipe to ensure compliance.

Coincidentally, that seems to be the aim of a lot of these protesters.

• Optimistic
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If you stand behind a child and shoot at me I probably won’t shoot back, but if you stand behind a child and shoot at my children, I will kill you and hope for the best

And this is a scenario where everyone is standing behind children and shooting at each other.

You desperately want one side to be a good guy and the other a bad guy.

But there are no good guys here.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟660,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

-CryptoLutheran
I've been trying to tell people that regarding Oct. 7th, but keep getting told how "just" it supposedly was. "Palestinians are oppressed" and all that.

• Agree
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟146,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And this is a scenario where everyone is standing behind children and shooting at each other.

You desperately want one side to be a good guy and the other a bad guy.

-CryptoLutheran
I don’t desperately want anything. I just see what is happening

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟373,956.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

-CryptoLutheran
That is the refrain I have been singing about this conflict for over a decade. And I find it TRUELY shocking that there are people who feel there IS actually a "righteous" position to take here (short of: I stand with the CITIZENS of Gaza and Israel who want peace and to be left alone)

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟72,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hamas is pure evil. Hamas are savage barbarians. Hamas really does not give a flying fig about the Gazans. Also, why has Egypt and Jordan failed to accept in and bring into their nations Gazan refugees?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟837,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Also, why has Egypt and Jordan failed to accept in and bring into their nations Gazan refugees?
They did in 1949. They probably figured out that people pushed out by the Israelis would never get to go back home.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟72,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They probably figured out that people pushed out by the Israelis would never get to go back home.
You believe that is why Palestinian refugees aren't being accepted in 2023 and 2024? I'm asking just to make sure I understood your post.

Upvote 0