Does Theistic Evolution Honor and Glorify God.

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
  • Theistic evolution acknowledges that God’s creative process may involve gradual development over vast periods.
  • Rather than seeing evolution as random or purposeless, theistic evolutionists perceive it as part of God’s ongoing work.
There is nothing better than to worship, praise, honor and glorify God. When we see what God has done all the more we want to honor Him.

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟71,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I could not disagree more.
According to what the Bible clearly teaches, I do not see any evidence in the scriptures that the Lord God used evolution to create life. God is the Creator, not the Evolutioner.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
According to what the Bible clearly teaches, I do not see any evidence in the scriptures that the Lord God used evolution to create life. God is the Creator, not the Evolutioner.
You have to start somewhere. First - the timeline of the Bible and the timeline of Science. What come first, what came second and what came third. If the order of events do not line up then we have what you claim we have. But the order of events in the Bible do line up with science. People all agree on that they just do not agree on the length of a day. Some say 24 hours, ,some say 1,000 years and some say 8 billion years. I say all three are correct from their own perspective. What Einstein called relativity. The theory of relativity provides a scientific framework for understanding the universe, while Genesis Chapter One offers a theological perspective on creation. Both encourage wonder, curiosity, and a deeper appreciation for the mysteries of existence. Not everyone has their eyes open to science, not everyone has their eyes open to the theology of the Bible. Over time people learn and grow and mature. I am older now but when I was younger I struggled with all the same issues everyone seems to struggle with. This is why the elders in the church need to have been a Christian for at least 40 years. It takes a lot of time to work through a lot of these issues. So many people struggle with understanding their high school science book. Even in this state people are tested and expect to know enough about math and science to pass a test to be a high school graduate. I personally got a GED so I had to test out to be qualified for college. Just like you have to take a college entrance exam to be qualified to go to a state college.

Let me give you an example, what happened 8 billion years ago. Because it took God 8 billion years to create the earth. By 4.4 billion years ago, Earth had cooled significantly and contained substantial amounts of water. What does the Bible say: "2Now the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters." Genesis chapter one. Note both science and the Bible talk about the earth being formless and covered with water. Show me your contradiction where they do not agree.

:Look at day two, that was 2 billion years ago. First science: "
Now the Bible: "6And God said, “Let there be an expanse between the waters, to separate the waters from the waters.” 7So God made the expanse and separated the waters beneath it from the waters above. And it was so. 8God called the expanse “sky.”

"Again day one and day two science and the Bible agree. So lets look at day three. The Bible first: "11Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth vegetation: seed-bearing plants and fruit trees, each bearing fruit with seed according to its kind.” And it was so. 12The earth produced vegetation: seed-bearing plants according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good."

We know that plants produce oxygen, now we can look at science: "
  • The Great Oxidation Event occurred 2.4 billion years ago, leading to the rise of oxygen in the atmosphere and the demise of most obligate anaerobic life forms.
I showed you three days where science and the bible agree. Now you can give me some proof or evidence that there is a conflict and show me where you think they do not agree. Present your evidence for your opinions and hypotheses. Science has to be tested and approved. The Bible has to be translated and interpreted. Do you have a Phd in Science? Do you have a graduate degree in the study of your Bible? Just what are your qualifications to offer an opinion on the subject? Why don't you present evidence or proof to back what you say?

People may wonder where I come up with 8 billion years for day one. Even a imature child can answer that. Take the age of the universe which is 13 billion years and the age of the earth which is 4.5 billion years. Subtract 4.5 from 13 and that gives you 8.5 billion years ago day one ended and day two began. We establish day one as 8 billion years, day two as 4 billion years, day three as 2 billion years, day four as 1 billion years, day five as 500 million years and day six as 250 million years. What happened on day six? The dinorsaurs died off and God created mammals and man. Notice God creates a whole biodiverse ecosystem, not just man alone because then what would he eat. How would he be a intricate part of this planet?

If we look at Genesis chapter two we see what happened 6,000 years ago in the garden of Eden. People get confused over this because they do not follow the time line and they do not realize it took God 13 billion years to create us. God makes this easy and tells us that He did this in 6 days or ages. WE just have to figure out the length of the days. That requires a PhD in astrophysics. Yet High School dropouts think they know more about the universe then a PhD in astrophysics knows. Does anyone know what an expert witness is. My brother is actually an expert witness in court. He makes 500 per hour. At least that is what he charges. He has a medical degree and is consider to be an expert on lead poisoning. My sister in law had a master degree in nursing, then she when to law school to be an attorney.

If you want to present a case you better be ready to take on the experts with medical degrees and PhD's. Show me what you got. If all you got is an associate two year degree then I am going to consider the PhD's & MD's more qualified. How is it high school drop outs claim to know more then graduate students? That is why their argument simply does not hold up in court.

My son is a computer engineer. Only half of his class graduated. The other half flunked out. He took math classes for 8 years in college and high school. One thing he can do is come up with a formula to make math easy. He can come up with a mathematical formula for whatever I say or am talking about. We only need fifth grade math but his formula makes it a lot easier. That is what he does for a living. He provides information for the FDA that the government can understand to keep track of the drug companies and what they put into the pills that we buy at the drug store. He programs in something he calls PI. When he was in high school he use to carry his computer around in a lunch box. No big deal now that a computer is the size of a phone. But at the time it was a big deal. We would rig up the projectors in the classroom so they could play visdeo games on them. The old projectors that they replaced with new projectors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
If people do not understand they can have Bing explain this to them. For example day one:

The interplay between the Bible’s account of creation and scientific understanding is a fascinating topic. Let’s explore this further:

1. Genesis and Science Timeline:
    • Genesis, the first book of the Bible, presents a poetic and theological account of creation. It describes the formation of the universe, Earth, and life in a series of days.
    • Science, on the other hand, provides a naturalistic perspective based on empirical evidence, observations, and theories. It seeks to understand the physical processes that shaped our world.
  2. Interpreting Genesis:
    • Many scholars recognize that the days mentioned in Genesis may not be literal 24-hour periods. Instead, they view them as symbolic or metaphorical representations of longer epochs.
    • This perspective allows for alignment with scientific timelines. For instance:
      • Day 1: The creation of light (Genesis 1:3-5) could correspond to the formation of the universe during the Big Bang (around 13.8 billion years ago).
      • Day 2: The separation of waters (Genesis 1:6-8) might symbolize the formation of Earth’s atmosphere and oceans.
      • Day 3: The emergence of land and vegetation (Genesis 1:9-13) aligns with the geological processes that shaped continents and allowed plant life to flourish.
      • And so forth.
  3. Relativity and Perspective:
    • You aptly mentioned Einstein’s theory of relativity. Just as relativity accounts for different observers’ viewpoints, we can appreciate both the theological and scientific perspectives.
    • Genesis invites us to wonder at the purpose and design behind creation, while science reveals the mechanisms through which it unfolded.
  4. Theological and Scientific Wonder:
    • Theology: Genesis encourages awe and reverence for the Creator. It invites us to ponder questions beyond the physical—such as purpose, morality, and our place in the cosmos.
    • Science: Scientific discoveries deepen our understanding of natural processes. They reveal the intricate dance of particles, the evolution of species, and the vastness of the cosmos.
  5. Growing and Learning:
    • As you rightly noted, people evolve in their understanding over time. We learn, adapt, and mature. This applies to both scientific knowledge and spiritual insights.
    • The elders in the church, with decades of experience, offer wisdom gained through a lifetime of grappling with faith, science, and human existence.
  6. Education and Perspective:
    • High school science education can indeed be challenging. Students are tested on math, biology, physics, and more. But it’s essential to recognize that science doesn’t negate faith; rather, it complements it.
    • Just as you tested for your GED, we all undergo intellectual and spiritual examinations. These tests shape our worldview and prepare us for life’s journey.
In summary, the intersection of science and theology invites us to explore the universe from multiple angles. Whether we gaze through a telescope or study ancient texts, we encounter wonder, mystery, and the grandeur of existence

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Wonderful, I give you every book in the world and more. You give me five words. I see you put a lot of work, effort and thought in coming up with your statement of "I could not disgree more". Wonderful, show me what you have. Present your evidence. Show me the conflict between science and the Bible. Show me where science is wrong or show me where the bible is wrong and in error. But be ready to deal with expert witness that have PhD's and MD's & Intelligent design. Give me something that will hold up in a court of law. If you have trouble with ID what are you going to do when you have to deal with quantum computers and qubits? Then you have to do more than to argue against every book in the world. You have to argue against infinite knowledge. Good luck with that one.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
For those who find Bing easier to understand: Let’s delve into the fascinating interplay between science and religion.

1. Science and Religion: These two domains are not necessarily at odds with each other. They address different aspects of human experience:
    • Science focuses on understanding the physical world and natural phenomena through observation and experimentation.
    • Religion delves into matters of spirituality, morality, and existential questions.
  2. Compatibility and Complementarity:
    • The Bible and Science: The Bible encourages scientific exploration. In Genesis 1:28, God commands humanity to rule over and subdue the earth. Ancient scholars, including Christians, contributed to the scientific method.
    • Complementary Views: Rather than being adversaries, science and religion can be seen as complementary. They offer different perspectives on reality.
  3. Conflict Thesis:
    • Historical Context: The Galileo affair in the 17th century led some to propose a “conflict thesis.” This thesis suggested that religion and science have been in conflict throughout history.
    • Contemporary Views: While some contemporary thinkers still subscribe to this thesis, historians of science recognize that attitudes have evolved. Science and religion need not be inherently opposed1.
  4. Limits and Domains:
    • Science: It limits itself to empirical observations of the natural world. If something cannot be observed or measured empirically, it falls outside the scope of science.
    • Religion: It concerns itself with the supernatural and spiritual aspects that go beyond empirical evidence.
  5. Infinite Knowledge and Quantum Computers:
    • Intelligent Design (ID): While ID proponents argue for a purposeful Creator, science does not deal with metaphysics. It focuses on natural processes.
    • Quantum Computers and Qubits: As technology advances, we encounter complex challenges. However, arguing against infinite knowledge or grappling with quantum phenomena doesn’t necessarily invalidate either science or religious beliefs.
In summary, science and religion need not be adversaries. They can coexist, enriching our understanding of the universe.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟914,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Theistic evolution acknowledges that God’s creative process may involve gradual development over vast periods.
  • Rather than seeing evolution as random or purposeless, theistic evolutionists perceive it as part of God’s ongoing work.
There is nothing better than to worship, praise, honor and glorify God. When we see what God has done all the more we want to honor Him.
As long as " Theistic Evolution " does not cross the line of " kinds" then I don't think it would be dishonorable. Blessings.

Reactions: Ted-01
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
As long as " Theistic Evolution " does not cross the line of " kinds" then I don't think it would be dishonorable. Blessings.
Kinds is repeated three times so we should take notice. In this case it means family. Both science and the Bible is all about family, generations, genealogy, begets. The NT begins talking about the family Jesus is from. All the way from Adam and Eve to Mary and Jesus.

1 Corinthians 11:14 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.

Eve came from Adam and Jesus came from Mary but all is from God.
God is the ultimate source of all life, creation, and purpose.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟914,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kinds is repeated three times so we should take notice. In this case it means family. Both science and the Bible is all about family, generations, genealogy, begets. The NT begins talking about the family Jesus is from. All the way from Adam and Eve to Mary and Jesus.

1 Corinthians 11:14 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.

Eve came from Adam and Jesus came from Mary but all is from God.
God is the ultimate source of all life, creation, and purpose.
I am referring to Genesis 1, creation account, where it is mentioned over 10 times about creation the word "kind" ( aka different kinds") is used to distinguish His creation from one another. My point is, we are not part of the animal kingdom just as animals are not part of the insect kingdom and insects are not part of the plant kingdom. And most importantly within each kind they can not cross over and reproduce .

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟71,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wonderful, I give you every book in the world and more. You give me five words. I see you put a lot of work, effort and thought in coming up with your statement of "I could not disgree more". Wonderful, show me what you have. Present your evidence. Show me the conflict between science and the Bible. Show me where science is wrong or show me where the bible is wrong and in error. But be ready to deal with expert witness that have PhD's and MD's & Intelligent design. Give me something that will hold up in a court of law. If you have trouble with ID what are you going to do when you have to deal with quantum computers and qubits? Then you have to do more than to argue against every book in the world. You have to argue against infinite knowledge. Good luck with that one.
Sorry, but I don't have a lot of time to post research papers and stuff like that. However, I do know what the Scriptures says. I do know that Moses and Jesus did NOT teach that God used evolution. Show me from the Scriptures that God used evolution. When I compare what the Scriptures say to "science", then I am going to go with the written Word of God each and every time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Show me from the Scriptures that God used evolution
You may want to skip my poor English skills and go to the next section where I use AI to rewrite what I am saying.

There are 10 units in the Biology book. Evolution is one of them. Is your arguement against your whole biology book or just the unit that talks about evolution?

First of all you have to define evolution. Bing says: "Evolution refers to the change in heritable characteristics within biological populations over successive generations". In Genesis 30 Jacob made a deal with his father in law that He would take ownership of all the speckled and spotted sheep and goats as his wages. He then used selective breeding to create sheep and goats for himself. He also breed the strong animals and not the weak ones. This demonstrates evolution theory and Jacobs understanding of how selective breading where his father in law only understood natural selection. This story demonstrates how knowledge of genetics can impact breeding outcomes.

Today they call this animal husbandry and in the Bible we see this began with Adam in the Garden of Eden. Jacob, the biblical patriarch, is indeed one of the earliest recorded examples of animal husbandry and the use of selective breeding.

An earlier example was Genesis 4:2
: "Now Abel was a keeper of sheep, and Cain a tiller of the ground.

All of Genesis chapter one talks about the evolution of life from simple to complex. On the third day God said“Let the earth bring forth vegetation: seed-bearing plants and fruit trees, each bearing fruit with seed according to its kind.” On the fifth day God said: "God said, “Let the waters teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of the sky.” On the sixth day God said: God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, land crawlers, and beasts of the earth according to their kinds.”

Plants appear before animals, and birds are created before land animals. This is what we see in evolution. WE go from the simple single cell life to more complicated multi cell organisms.

Theistic evolution acknowledges that biologists’ description of evolution is valid, while also asserting that this process was guided or directed by God. In this view, God is seen as the ultimate cause behind the natural processes that led to the diversification of life on Earth. It harmonizes scientific understanding with religious belief, allowing for both natural explanations and divine purpose.

The unit on evolution has four chapters: Darwin's theory, Evolution of Populations, The history of life & classification and the order of diversity.Do you object to the whole unit or just the chapter on Darwin?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I well run this through AI to make it all more clear.
  1. Evolution and the Biology Book:
    • The Biology book contains 10 units and 40 chapters. Evolution is one unit and Darwin is one chapter of them.
    • Your argument seems to be against the entire Biology book, but it’s essential to clarify whether your objection applies to the entire book or just the unit / chapter on evolution.
  2. Defining Evolution:
    • Evolution refers to the change in heritable characteristics within biological populations over successive generations.
    • In the Bible, we see examples of selective breeding, which aligns with the concept of evolution.
  3. Jacob’s Example:
    • In Genesis 30, Jacob made a deal with his father-in-law regarding selective breeding of sheep and goats.
    • Jacob’s understanding of genetics impacted the breeding outcomes.
  4. Genesis Chapter One:
    • Genesis 1 describes the evolution of life from simple to complex:
      • Day 3: Vegetation (seed-bearing plants and fruit trees).
      • Day 5: Aquatic creatures (fish and birds).
      • Day 6: Land animals (livestock, land crawlers, and beasts).
  5. Theistic Evolution:
    • Theistic evolution acknowledges valid biological descriptions of evolution.
    • It asserts that this process was guided or directed by God.
    • It harmonizes scientific understanding with religious belief.
  6. Unit on Evolution:
    • The unit on evolution covers various topics, including Darwin’s theory, evolution of populations, history of life & classification, and the order of diversity.
    • Do you object to the whole unit or just the chapter on Darwin?
Feel free to clarify your objection further

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
When I compare what the Scriptures say to "science", then I am going to go with the written Word of God each and every time.
You can not divorce science and the Bible. We need the Bible to understand Science and we need Science to help us understand the Bible. Otherwise people come up with very weird and strange translations and interpretations. Esp the pastor with only a 2 year associate degree. The pastors in main line denominations tend to be a lot better education and they tend to support Science and the Bible.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟923,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Does it honor and glorify God to "believe His Word"?? or to deny, reject, downsize it??

Gen 2:2-3
2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Ex 20:8-11
8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Every week we are reminded of the legal-code of Ex 20 that says God created all life on Earth in 6 days and rested the 7th day.

===================

The "Everlasting Gospel" in Rev 14 reminds us of that same detail

Rev 14:6-7

6 Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people— 7 saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.”

• Winner
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I am referring to Genesis 1, creation account, where it is mentioned over 10 times about creation the word "kind" ( aka different kinds") is used to distinguish His creation from one another. My point is, we are not part of the animal kingdom just as animals are not part of the insect kingdom and insects are not part of the plant kingdom. And most importantly within each kind they can not cross over and reproduce .
We are told that God declares the end from the beginning and he watches over his word to perform what He said He would do.

Isaiah 46:10

Jeremiah 1:12

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Jeremiah 1:12
Science says that there are laws the govern and regulate everything. The Bible is pretty clear that law comes from God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟923,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Bing says: "Evolution refers to the change in heritable characteristics within biological populations over successive generations". In Genesis 30 Jacob made a deal with his father in law that He would take ownership of all the speckled and spotted sheep and goats as his wages. He then used selective breeding to create sheep and goats for himself. He also breed the strong animals and not the weak ones.
True. But that does not demonstrate evolution.

It is simply genetic combination and does not speak to the idea of creating new genes over time or creating new chromosomes having new genes over time. IF all evolution had was the same genes being combined over and over again - there would be no new species.

In the example above the goats are still goats no matter the color of their hair.
This demonstrates evolution theory and Jacobs understanding of how selective breading where his father in law only understood natural selection. This story demonstrates how knowledge of genetics can impact breeding outcomes.
actually the Gen 30 story shows that Jacob knew almost nothing about genetics.

Gen 30:
37 Now Jacob took for himself rods of green poplar and of the almond and chestnut trees, peeled white strips in them, and exposed the white which was in the rods. 38 And the rods which he had peeled, he set before the flocks in the gutters, in the watering troughs where the flocks came to drink, so that they should conceive when they came to drink. 39 So the flocks conceived before the rods, and the flocks brought forth streaked, speckled, and spotted. 40 Then Jacob separated the lambs, and made the flocks face toward the streaked and all the brown in the flock of Laban; but he put his own flocks by themselves and did not put them with Laban’s flock.
41 And it came to pass, whenever the stronger livestock conceived, that Jacob placed the rods before the eyes of the livestock in the gutters, that they might conceive among the rods. 42 But when the flocks were feeble, he did not put them in; so the feebler were Laban’s and the stronger Jacob’s. 43 Thus the man became exceedingly prosperous,

Jacob manipulated the breeding by having the stronger animals breeding while looking at the striped rods - thus all the offspring of the strong - were speckled and or spotted -- and not solid. That was Jacob's "understanding".

THEN in Gen 31 - God "corrects Jacob" and gives him a lesson in GENETICS that mankind was not aware of until many centuries after Gen 31.

10 “And it happened, at the time when the flocks conceived, that I lifted my eyes and saw in a dream, and behold, the rams which leaped upon the flocks were streaked, speckled, and gray-spotted. 11 Then the Angel of God spoke to me in a dream, saying, ‘Jacob.’ And I said, ‘Here I am.’ 12 And He said, ‘Lift your eyes now and see, all the rams which leap on the flocks are streaked, speckled, and gray-spotted; for I have seen all that Laban is doing to you. 13 I am the God of Bethel, where you anointed the pillar and where you made a vow to Me. Now arise, get out of this land, and return to the land of your family.’ ”

Instead of God showing Jacob "behold the animals a looking at your striped poles and having spotted, speckled, streaked offspring" - God says "the RAMS which are mating are streaked, spotted, speckled". God was intervening so that only the spotted, speckled, streaked Rams were mating.

Today they call this animal husbandry
Indeed they call what GOD did in selecting the males with the streaked, spotted, speckled feature manifest in phenotype -- animal husbandry.

But nobody today gives any credence to the idea of animals mating in front of striped poles.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟71,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does it honor and glorify God to "believe His Word"?? or to deny, reject, downsize it??

Gen 2:2-3
2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Ex 20:8-11
8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Every week we are reminded of the legal-code of Ex 20 that says God created all life on Earth in 6 days and rested the 7th day.

===================

The "Everlasting Gospel" in Rev 14 reminds us of that same detail

Rev 14:6-7

6 Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people— 7 saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.”
AMEN

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟71,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can not divorce science and the Bible. We need the Bible to understand Science and we need Science to help us understand the Bible. Otherwise people come up with very weird and strange translations and interpretations. Esp the pastor with only a 2 year associate degree. The pastors in main line denominations tend to be a lot better education and they tend to support Science and the Bible.
When man's interpretation of science contradicts the clear, easy to understand passages of the Bible, I believe what the written Word of God says. When science teaches something that is opposite the words of the Lord God in the Bible, I will always believe God instead of science.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Do you claim to have all wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Do you claim to be God?

My Bible says: Proverbs 3 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; 6in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. 4Then you will find favor and high regard in the sight of God and man.

I believe in a literal bible, I do not always understand, but I still believe and trust in God. I also believe in shadow and types. Galatians 4:24 says "Which things are an allegory". Webster defines this as "having hidden spiritual meaning that transcends the literal sense of a sacred text".

Other terms we use are metaphor, archetype, homiletics, symbolic, paradigm, parables, and so on. All of these infer that the Bible is more then just literal. So I would ask YOU your own question: "having hidden spiritual meaning that transcends the literal sense of a sacred text." You can ONLY judge yourself. God does not give us the ability to judge others.

The Bible, as a repository of wisdom and divine revelation, invites us to explore its layers beyond mere surface readings. Let us delve into the tapestry of meanings woven within its verses:

1. Literal and Allegorical Layers:
    • The Bible often operates on multiple levels. While the literal sense provides historical context and events, the allegorical layer transcends the physical. It reveals deeper truths, spiritual principles, and universal themes.
    • Galatians 4:24 acknowledges this duality: “Which things are an allegory.” Here, Paul refers to the story of Sarah and Hagar, representing the covenants of law and grace. Their lives symbolize profound spiritual realities.
  2. Metaphors and Archetypes:
    • Metaphors infuse the Bible with vivid imagery. For instance, Jesus as the Good Shepherd or the Light of the World conveys profound truths beyond mere literal descriptions.
    • Archetypes—universal symbols—recur throughout Scripture. The Flood, the Promised Land, and the Tree of Life all hold deeper meanings. They echo across cultures and epochs, resonating with our collective consciousness.
  3. Homiletics and Paradigms:
    • Homiletics refers to the art of preaching and teaching. Effective sermons draw from both literal and allegorical interpretations, inspiring listeners to live out divine principles.
    • Paradigms—patterns or models—emerge from biblical narratives. Adam and Eve, Noah, and Joseph exemplify human experiences, foreshadowing redemption and restoration.
  4. Parables:
    • Jesus masterfully employed parables—earthly stories with heavenly meanings. The Prodigal Son, the Good Samaritan, and the Mustard Seed reveal profound truths about God’s kingdom.
    • These narratives challenge us to see beyond the mundane, inviting us into deeper communion with God.
If we look at the law and the sacrifices we have to look at what they represent.

Psalm 51:16 "For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; You do not delight in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart— These, O God, You will not despise.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
When man's interpretation of science contradicts the clear, easy to understand passages of the Bible, I believe what the written Word of God says. When science teaches something that is opposite the words of the Lord God in the Bible, I will always believe God instead of science.
For the most part science is science and the Bible is Bible. They are two different books we study in two different classes. So we can ask When man's translation and interpretation of THE WORD OF GOD, contradicts the clear, easy to understand passages of the Bible. I have devoted myself to read, study and understand the Bible. I have read the Bible more than 5 times. How many times have your read your Bible. How many wore out Bible do you have to show me the extent you go to in your study of the word of God?
Screenshot_20240317_040714_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0