Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You are more likely to be murdered with a knife or cutting instrument, than a rifle; let alone an AR-15.

You are more likely to be murdered with hands fists or feet, than a rifle; let alone an AR-15.

You are more likely to be murdered with a weapon other than a firearm, hands fists or feet, or a knife or cutting instrument; than you are likely to be murdered by a rifle; let alone an AR-15.

Fear of being murdered by an AR-15 is a somewhat irrational fear.

And you're more likely to be killed by an AR-15 than a nuclear bomb.

So what's your point?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Ok I asked you this question and you didn’t answer before so I’ll ask again and please give me an honest answer this time. Do you deny the fact that innocent people are killed everyday in America?

Why would I deny that? Innocent people literally die everywhere, the United States isn't immune to that.

Now, I assume, you'll offer something as to why this is relevant here.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Oh I don’t know maybe it has something to do with the fact that a nuke kills everyone within a 20 mile radius that makes this argument completely stupid.

Mutually assured annihilation worked to keep the US and USSR from destroying one another. I hope I never have to use a nuke, just like you hope you never have to use a gun. Also, doesn't have to be a big nuke. Maybe just a little nuke.

I'm still not seeing how my argument is any more stupid than the argument that everyone needs to own an AR-15.

Wouldn't you feel safer if you knew that nobody would mess with you because you're packing the glorious power of the atom on your hip?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟897,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why would I deny that? Innocent people literally die everywhere, the United States isn't immune to that.

Now, I assume, you'll offer something as to why this is relevant here.

-CryptoLutheran
Never mind, if nothing clicks in your brain as to how this fact could have any relevance to the discussion then you simply don’t have the necessary mental capacity to comprehend anything I have to say.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟828,245.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The following video walks through the history of advancements in long guns, from the hand cannon to the AR-15.

It details the importance of not endangering the weakest of our people, by forcing them to defend their own lives with "old," "clunky," "difficult to use," "relics."

No one needs an AR-15 or any assault weapon unless they in they are in the military or law enforcement. They are fun but not needed.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,111,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
And you're more likely to be killed by an AR-15 than a nuclear bomb.
With Biden poking the Bear and the Dragon, I'm more worried about getting nuked.

An AR-15, could be life saving in a zombie apocalypse.

How many civilians have been killed with AR-15s; and how civilians where killed at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,111,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No one needs an AR-15 or any assault weapon unless they in they are in the military or law enforcement. They are fun but not needed.
What do law enforcement need them for? What ever happened to Peace Officers?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,111,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Have you ever seen police go up against criminals that armed with assault weapons, while they use pistols?
Actually that last one I remember was here in Texas; and the cops didn't go up against the criminal at all; but they held back the parents of the children that were being slaughtered, from taking care of business.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟897,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It’s not an assault rifle. By definition an assault rifle has select fire modes. The AR only has one fire mode which is semiautomatic only.

• Informative
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟897,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually that last one I remember was here in Texas; and the cops didn't go up against the criminal at all; but they held back the parents of the children that were being slaughtered, from taking care of business.
A bunch of spineless cowards. There’s no way I would’ve listened to any higher ranked officer or anybody for that matter and stayed outside hearing shots being fired in the school. If I were a cop in Uvalde I would’ve went in and I wouldn’t have cared about the consequences. I can’t imagine the shame they must feel now for sitting around doing nothing while those innocent kids were being killed. I’d much rather have lost my job or my life at least trying to stop the shooter.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,111,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
A bunch of spineless cowards. There’s no way I would’ve listened to any higher ranked officer or anybody for that matter and stayed outside hearing shots being fired in the school. If I were a cop in Uvalde I would’ve went in and I wouldn’t have cared about the consequences. I can’t imagine the shame they must feel now for sitting around doing nothing while those innocent kids were being killed. I’d much rather have lost my job or my life at least trying to stop the shooter.
I wouldn't want to have to live with that on my conscience; but let's leave it there. This subject could easily derail the thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,272,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Did you watch that second video that I posted that started this little side discussion? A picture is worth a thousand words.

It's my understanding that the military uses FMJ because that way the bullet will pass through an enemy soldier, and possibly wound one or two more enemies. It takes two to carry a wounded soldier off the field; so for every soldier that is wounded, three are taken off the field.

Here it is:

I LOL when the chair blew apart.

The military uses FMJ because it's against the Hague Convention to use expanding or dum-dum rounds in war. Expanding rounds used to routinely produce horrific injuries like amputations (just look at the US Civil War for instance, where all the ammunition was expanding type), so their use in warfare was banned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟739,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The following video walks through the history of advancements in long guns, from the hand cannon to the AR-15.

It details the importance of not endangering the weakest of our people, by forcing them to defend their own lives with "old," "clunky," "difficult to use," "relics."

Does "everyone" include gang bangers, the cartels, and the right-wing racist groupies? Does everyone really mean everyone or all white males no matter their agenda? Should we include Al_Quida with "everyone?" or just your political allies?

Personally, I don't think everyone needs anything besides food, clothing, and shelter.

Reactions: th1bill
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟739,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Why would a follower of the Prince of Peace need an AR-15?
They wouldn't. But some want to have the ability to kill every person who isn't like them. I'm pretty sure "turn the other cheek" has nothing to do with "blowing away any competition in regard to race or religion."

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟234,172.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It’s not an assault rifle. By definition an assault rifle has select fire modes. The AR only has one fire mode which is semiautomatic only.
This is true; however, the AR-15 was initially designed for the military. The M-16 is based on the AR-15 design. The AR-15 was designed to kill enemy combatants in the most efficient way possible. There's no reason for weapons like the AR-15 or those similar to it to be in the hands of civilians.

Reactions: th1bill
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,111,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The military uses FMJ because it's against the Hague Convention to use expanding or dum-dum rounds in war. Expanding rounds used to routinely produce horrific injuries like amputations (just look at the US Civil War for instance, where all the ammunition was expanding type), so their use in warfare was banned.
You've presented misinformation.

1.) The US abstained from signing that part of the agreement.
2.) There are many non expanding rounds, that are not FMJ.

Upvote 0