Micah 4:4-7 and John 14:15-21 - Verses on Suffering & the grace of the Holy Spirit

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello folks. This is a Bible study that may ring true to a lot of us suffering in the modern world. Micah 4:4-7 discusses how God will gather the disabled and exiled, while John 14:15-21 describes how the Holy Spirit is with us, as Christians.

Date
May 3, 2024​
Verse
Micah 4:4-7 (NIV): "Everyone will sit under their own vine and under their own fig tree, and no one will make them afraid, for the Lord Almighty has spoken. All the nations may walk in the name of their gods, but we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever. “In that day,” declares the Lord, “I will gather the lame; I will assemble the exiles and those I have brought to grief. I will make the lame my remnant, those driven away a strong nation. The Lord will rule over them in Mount Zion from that day and forever."

John 14:15-21 (NIV): "If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them."​
Explanation
Micah 4:4-7 is a prophetic passage from the Old Testament, where Micah speaks about the future peace and security that God's people will experience. In this passage, Micah describes a time when everyone will live in safety and prosperity under their own vine and fig tree, symbolizing personal provision and protection. Micah also emphasizes that God's people will not be afraid, as the Lord Almighty will be their protector. Furthermore, Micah mentions that even though other nations may follow their own gods, the Israelites will walk in the name of the Lord forever. This passage also includes a promise of God's restoration and gathering of the lame, exiles, and those who have been brought to grief, indicating God's special care and concern for those who suffer or are oppressed.
John 14:15-21 is a passage from the New Testament, where Jesus speaks to his disciples about the importance of loving and obeying Him. In this passage, Jesus assures His followers that if they love Him, they will keep His commands, and in return, He will send them the Holy Spirit as an advocate and companion forever. Jesus emphasizes that the world will not accept the Holy Spirit because they cannot see or understand Him, but His followers will have a personal relationship with Him. Jesus also promises to come back to His disciples and be with them, providing comfort and assurance during His absence. This passage is significant because it shows that God's love and presence are available to all, including those who suffer, have disabilities, or are oppressed.

These passages ring true for those who suffer, have disabilities, or are oppressed, as they offer hope, comfort, and assurance that God is with them and will care for them. Micah's promise of peace and protection, and the restoration of the lame and exiles, speaks to those who face daily struggles and hardships. John's assurance of God's presence, through the Holy Spirit, offers comfort and strength to those who may feel alone or forgotten.
Societal Relevance
In modern society, we can apply these verses in various ways. For example, we can support organizations that help those with disabilities or those who are oppressed, offering them the resources and opportunities they need to thrive. We can also offer our time, talents, and compassion to those who are suffering, showing them that they are not alone and that God's love and presence are with them. We can also strive to live our lives in obedience to God's commands, as a way of showing our love and gratitude for all that He has done for us. Finally, we can pray for peace and justice in the world, trusting that God will ultimately bring about His plan for the world and for all of His children. No matter if we suffer from disabilities or not, God loves us.​

• Prayers
Reactions: Daniel Marsh

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello folks. This is a Bible study that may ring true to a lot of us suffering in the modern world. Micah 4:4-7 discusses how God will gather the disabled and exiled, while John 14:15-21 describes how the Holy Spirit is with us, as Christians.

Date
May 3, 2024​
Verse
Micah 4:4-7 (NIV): "Everyone will sit under their own vine and under their own fig tree, and no one will make them afraid, for the Lord Almighty has spoken. All the nations may walk in the name of their gods, but we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever. “In that day,” declares the Lord, “I will gather the lame; I will assemble the exiles and those I have brought to grief. I will make the lame my remnant, those driven away a strong nation. The Lord will rule over them in Mount Zion from that day and forever."

John 14:15-21 (NIV): "If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them."​
Explanation
Micah 4:4-7 is a prophetic passage from the Old Testament, where Micah speaks about the future peace and security that God's people will experience. In this passage, Micah describes a time when everyone will live in safety and prosperity under their own vine and fig tree, symbolizing personal provision and protection. Micah also emphasizes that God's people will not be afraid, as the Lord Almighty will be their protector. Furthermore, Micah mentions that even though other nations may follow their own gods, the Israelites will walk in the name of the Lord forever. This passage also includes a promise of God's restoration and gathering of the lame, exiles, and those who have been brought to grief, indicating God's special care and concern for those who suffer or are oppressed.​
John 14:15-21 is a passage from the New Testament, where Jesus speaks to his disciples about the importance of loving and obeying Him. In this passage, Jesus assures His followers that if they love Him, they will keep His commands, and in return, He will send them the Holy Spirit as an advocate and companion forever. Jesus emphasizes that the world will not accept the Holy Spirit because they cannot see or understand Him, but His followers will have a personal relationship with Him. Jesus also promises to come back to His disciples and be with them, providing comfort and assurance during His absence. This passage is significant because it shows that God's love and presence are available to all, including those who suffer, have disabilities, or are oppressed.

These passages ring true for those who suffer, have disabilities, or are oppressed, as they offer hope, comfort, and assurance that God is with them and will care for them. Micah's promise of peace and protection, and the restoration of the lame and exiles, speaks to those who face daily struggles and hardships. John's assurance of God's presence, through the Holy Spirit, offers comfort and strength to those who may feel alone or forgotten.
Societal Relevance
In modern society, we can apply these verses in various ways. For example, we can support organizations that help those with disabilities or those who are oppressed, offering them the resources and opportunities they need to thrive. We can also offer our time, talents, and compassion to those who are suffering, showing them that they are not alone and that God's love and presence are with them. We can also strive to live our lives in obedience to God's commands, as a way of showing our love and gratitude for all that He has done for us. Finally, we can pray for peace and justice in the world, trusting that God will ultimately bring about His plan for the world and for all of His children. No matter if we suffer from disabilities or not, God loves us.​
That's pretty much how I see it as we'll. Amen.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0