Sins which Spoil Christian Brotherhood and Civil Neighbourhood.

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟33,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed

Sins which Spoil Christian Brotherhood and Civil Neighbourhood. (From John Bunyan's "Christian Behavior" 1674)

Now then, before I go any farther, I will here take an occasion to touch a little upon those sins that are so rife in many professors in this day: and they are, covetousness, pride, and uncleanness. I would speak a word to them in this place, the rather because they are they which spoil both Christian brotherhood, and civil neighbourhood, in too great a measure.

First, of Covetousness.

1. Covetousness: it is all one with desire; he that desires, covets, whether the thing he desires be evil or good. Wherefore that which is called coveting in Exodus 20:17 is called desire in Deuteronomy 5:21. As the apostle also saith, “I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet” (Rom 7:7). That is, I had not known lust to be a sin, unless the law had forbid it. Wherefore, though lawful desires are good (1Co 12:31), and to be commended, yet covetousness, as commonly understood, is to be fled from, and abhorred, as of the devil.

2. Covetousness, or evil desire: it is the first mover, and giveth to every sin its call, as I may say, both to move and act. As was said before, the apostle had not known sin, except the law had said, Thou shalt not desire or covet; for where there is no desire to sin, there appears no sin.

3. Therefore covetousness carrieth in it every sin—we speak of sins against the second table—even as a serpent carrieth her young ones in her belly. This the Scripture affirms, where it saith, “Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbour’s” (Exo 20:17). Covetousness will meddle with anything.

Now, there are in my mind at present these eight notes of covetousness, which hinder good works, and a Christian conversation among men, wherever they are harboured.

(1.) When men to whom God hath given a comfortable livelihood are yet not content therewith. This is against the apostle where he saith, “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee” (Heb 13:5).

(2.) It is covetousness in the seller that puts him to say of his traffic, it is better than it is, that he may heighten the price of it; and covetousness in the buyer that prompts him to say worse of a thing than he thinks in his conscience it is, and that for an abatement of a reasonable price. This is that which the apostle forbids under the name of defraud (1Co 6:8), and that which Solomon condemns (Pro 20:14).

(3.) It is through covetousness that men think much of that which goeth beside their own mouth, though possibly it goeth to those that have more need than themselves, and also that better deserve it than they.

(4.) It argueth covetousness when men will deprive themselves and those under them of the privileges of the gospel for more of this world, and is condemned by Christ (Luk 14:18-20).

(5.) It argueth covetousness when men that have it can go by, or hear of the poor, and shut up their bowels and compassions from them (1Joh 3:17).

(6.) Also when men are convinced it is their duty to communicate to such and such that have need, yet they defer it; and if not quite forget it, yet linger away the time as being loth to distribute to the necessities of those in want. This is forbidden by the Holy Ghost: “Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it” (Pro 3:27). Now, it is due from thee to the poor by the commandment of God if they want and thou hast it. “Say not unto thy neighbour, Go, and come again, and tomorrow I will give; when thou hast it by thee” (Pro 3: 28).

(7.) It argueth a greedy mind also when, after men have cast in their minds what to give, they then from that will be pinching and clipping, and taking away; whereas the Holy Ghost saith, “Every man according as he purposeth in his
heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver” (2Co 9:7).

(8.) And lastly, it argueth a filthy greedy heart also when a man, after he hath done any good, then in his heart to repent and secretly wish that he had not so done, or at least, that he had not done so much: this is to be weary of well-doing; (I speak now of communicating,) and carrieth in it two evils. First, it spoileth the work done. And, secondly, it, if entertained, spoileth the heart for doing any more so. “The vile person shall be no more called liberal, nor the churl said to be bountiful,” for “the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand” (Isa 32:5, 8).

Now then, to dissuade all from this poisonous sin, observe that above all sins in the New Testament, this is called idolatry (Eph 5:5; Col 3:5). And therefore God’s people should be so far from being taken with it that they should be much afraid of the naming of it one among another, lest it should, as adulterous thoughts, infect the heart by the talking of it (Eph 5:3).

Question

But why is covetousness called idolatry?

Answer

1. Because it engageth the very heart of man in it to mind earthly things. It gets our love, which should be set on God, and sets it upon poor empty creatures. It puts our affections out of heaven, where they should be, and sets them on earth, where they should not be (Eze 33:31; Phi 3:18-19; Col 3:1-3). Thus it changeth the object on which the heart should be set and setteth it on that on which it should not. It makes a man forsake God, “the fountain of living waters,” and causeth him to hew to himself “cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water” (Jer 2:13).

For, 2. it rejecteth the care, government, and providence of God towards us, and causeth us to make of our care and industry a god to whom, instead of God, we fly continually, both for the keeping what we have and for getting more. This was Israel’s idolatry of old, and the original of all her idolatrous practices. “For their mother hath played the harlot,” that is, committed idolatry: “she that conceived them hath done shamefully; for she said, I will go after my lovers, that gave me my bread and my water, my wool and my flax, mine oil and my drink” (Hos 2:5).

3. It disalloweth of God’s way of disposing His creatures, and would have them ordered and disposed of otherwise than His heavenly wisdom seemeth meet; and hence ariseth all discontents about God’s dealing with us. Covetousness never yet said, It is the Lord; let him do what he pleaseth; but is ever objecting, like a god, against everything that goeth against it. And it is that which, like a god, draweth away the heart and soul from the true God and His Son Jesus Christ. “He went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions” (Mat 19:22). Now then, that which engageth the heart, that rejecteth the providence of God, and that is for ordering and disposing of things contrary to God, and for breaking with God upon these terms, is idolatry; and all these do covetousness. “The wicked boasteth of his heart’s desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth” (Psa 10:3). Now the way to remedy this disease is to learn the lesson which Paul had got by heart, to wit, “In whatsoever state” you are, “therewith to be content” (Phi 4:11).

Second, of Pride.

I come in the second place to speak a word of pride, and loftiness of heart and life.

1. Pride, in general, it is that which causeth a man to think of man and his things above what is written (1Cor 4:6).

2. It hath its seat in the heart among these enormities: fornications, adulteries, lasciviousness, murders, deceit, and so forth (Mar 7:21-23), and showeth itself in these following particulars:

(1.) When you slight this or that person, though gracious—that is, look over them and shun them for their poverty in this world—and choose rather to have converse with others that possibly are less gracious because of their greatness in this world. This the Apostle James writes against (Jam 2:1-3), under the name of partiality; for indeed the fruits of a puffed-up heart is to deal in this manner with Christians (1Co 4:6-7). Now this branch of pride floweth from ignorance of the vanity of the creature and of the worth of a gracious heart. Wherefore get more of the knowledge of these two, and this sprig will be nipped in the head, and you will learn to condescend to men of low degree (Rom 12:16).

(2.) It argues pride of heart when men will not deny themselves in things that they may for the good and profit of their neighbours. And it argueth now that pride has got so much up into self-love and self-pleasing that they little care who they grieve or offend, so they may have their way (Oba 12-15).

(3.) It argueth pride of heart when sober reproofs for sin and unbeseeming carriages will not down with thee, but that rather thou snuffest, and givest way to thy spirit to be peevish, and to retain prejudice against those that thus reprove thee. Saith the prophet, “Hear ye, and give ear; be not proud: for the LORD hath spoken”; that is, hear the reproofs of God for your sins, and break them off by repentance—“But if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret for your pride” (Jer 13:15, 17). So also in Hosea: “They will not frame their doings to turn unto their God: for the spirit of whoredoms is in the midst of them, and they have not know the LORD. And the pride of Israel doth testify to his face” (Hos 5:4-5). This argueth great senselessness of God, and a heart greatly out of frame.

(4.) It argueth pride also, when a reproof or admonition will not down as well from the poorest saint as from the greatest doctor; and it argueth a glory in men (1Co 3:21), and that they would that their faith should stand in their wisdom and not in the “power of God,” that is, of naked truth (1Co 2:5).

(5.) It argueth pride of heart when a man that hath this or that in his heart to do in reference to God, but yet will slight a sober asking counsel and direction of God in this matter: “The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God,” saith David (Psa 10:4).

(6.) It argueth pride of heart when persons are tickled with thoughts of their own praise, that secretly lust after it, that think of themselves and others above what is written; which those do who do not acknowledge that man in his best
estate is altogether vanity (Psa 39:5). But such kind of people have forgot the exhortation, “Be not highminded, but fear” (Rom 11:20). And also, that there is a knowledge that puffeth up, and edifieth neither themselves nor others (1Co 8:1-2). Wherefore, to such the apostle saith, Be not “desirous of vain glory,” “but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves” (Gal 5:26; Phi 2:3).

Pride also there is in outward carriage, behaviour, and gesture, which is odious for Christians to be tainted with; and this pride is discovered by mincing words, a made carriage, and an affecting the toys and baubles that Satan and every lightheaded fool bringeth into the world. As God speaketh of the daughters of Zion, they “walk with stretched forth necks, and wanton eyes…mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet” (Isa 3:16). A very unhandsome carriage for a people that profess godliness, and that use to come before God to confess their sins, and to bemoan themselves for what they have done. How can a sense of thy own baseness, of the vileness of thy heart, and of the holiness of God, stand with such a carriage? Dost thou see the vileness of thy heart, the fruit of sin? And art thou afflicted with that disagreement that is between God and thy heart, that layest the reins on the neck of thy lusts, and lettest them run whither they will? Be not deceived; pride ariseth from ignorance of these things (1Ti 6:3-4). A sense of my vileness, of what I have deserved, and of what continually in my heart opposeth God, cannot stand with a foolish, light, and wanton carriage: thou wilt then see there are other things to mind than to imitate the butterfly. Alas, all these kind of things are but a painting the devil, and a setting a carnal gloss upon a castle of his. Thou art but making gay the spider: is thy heart ever the sounder for thy fine gait, thy mincing words, and thy lofty looks? Nay, doth not this argue that thy heart is a rotten, cankered, and besotted heart? Oh! That God would but let thee see a little of thy own inside as thou hast others to behold thy outside. Thou painted sepulchre, thou whited wall, will these things be found virtues in the day of God? Or, is this the way that thou takest to mortify sin? “An high look, and a proud heart, the plowing of the wicked, is sin” (Pro 21:4). Pride is the ringleader of the seven abominations that the wise man nameth (Pro 6:16-17), and is that above all that causeth to fall into the condemnation of the devil (1Ti 3:6).

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟33,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed

Third, of Adultery or Uncleanness

Now I come in the last place to touch a word or two of adultery, and then to draw towards a conclusion. Adultery: it hath its place in the heart among the rest of those filthinesses I mentioned before (Mar 7:21-22) of which sin I observe two things.

1. That almost in every place where the apostle layeth down a catalogue of wickednesses, he layeth down adultery, fornication, and uncleanness in the front; as that in Mark 7:21, Romans 1:29, 1 Corinthians 6:9, Galatians 5:19, Ephesians 5:3, 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5, Hebrews 12:16, James 2:11, 1 Peter 2:11, and 2 Peter 2:10. From this I gather that the sin of uncleanness is a very predominant and master sin, easy to overtake the sinner, as being one of the first that is ready to offer itself on all occasions to break the Law of God.

2. I observe that this sin is committed unawares to many, even so soon as a man hath but looked upon a woman: “I say unto you,” saith Christ, “that whosoever looketh on a woman to lust,” or desire, “after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart” (Mat 5:28). This sin of uncleanness, I say, is a very taking sin; it is natural above all sins to mankind. As it is most natural, so it wants not tempting occasions, having objects for to look on in every corner—wherefore there is need of a double and treble watchfulness in the soul against it. It is better here to make a covenant with our eyes, like Job (Job 31:1) than to let them wander to God’s dishonour, and our own discomfort.

There are these three things which discover a man or woman too much inclining to the uncleanness of their own hearts.

(1.) The first is a wanton eye, or an eye that doth secretly affect itself with such objects as are tickling of the heart with the thoughts of immodesty and uncleanness. Isaiah calls this a wanton eye (Isa 3:16), and Peter an eye full of adultery that cannot cease from sin (2Pe 2:14). This is that also which Christ calleth an evil eye, and John the lust of the flesh, and of the eyes, and doth defile those who are not very watchful over their own hearts (Mar 7:22; 1Jo 2:16). This wanton eye is that which the most holy saints should take heed of because it is apt to seize upon them also. When Paul bids Timothy beseech the young women to walk as becomes the gospel, he bids him do it with all purity (1Ti 5:1-2). As, who should say, take heed that while thou instructest them to holiness, thou thyself be not corrupted with the lust of thy eye. O, how many souls in the Day of God will curse the day that ever they gave way to a wanton eye!

(2.) The second thing that discovereth one much inclining to the lusts of uncleanness: it is wanton and immodest talk, such as that brazen-faced harlot in the 7th of the Proverbs had, or such as they in Peter, who allured “through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error” (2Pe 2:18). “Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh” (Mat 12:34); wherefore if we be saints, let us take heed, as of our eye, so of our tongue, and let not the lust of uncleanness, or of adultery, be once named among us, “named among you, as becometh saints” (Eph 5:3). Mark, “Let it not be once named.” This implies that the lusts of uncleanness are devilishly taking; they will both take the heart with eyes and tongue. “Let it not be once named among you.”

(3.) Another thing that bespeaks a man or woman inclining to wantonness and uncleanness: it is an adorning themselves in light and wanton apparel. The attire of an harlot is too frequently in our day the attire of professors—a vile thing, and argueth much wantonness and vileness of affections. If those that give way to a wanton eye, wanton words, and immodest apparel, be not harlots in their hearts, I know not what to say. Doth a wanton eye argue shamefacedness? Doth wanton talk argue chastity? And doth immodest apparel, with stretched-out necks, naked breasts, a made speech, and mincing gaits, and so on, argue mortification of lusts? If any say that these things may argue pride as well as carnal lusts, well, but why are they proud? Is it not to trick up the body? And why do they with pride trick up the body if it be not to provoke both themselves and others to lusts? God knoweth their hearts without their outsides, and we know their hearts by their outsides.

My friends, I am here treating of good works, and persuading you to fly those things that are hindrances to them; wherefore bear with my plainness when I speak against sin. I would strike it through with every word, because else it will strike us through with many sorrows (1Ti 6:9-10). I do not treat of good works as if the doing of them would save us, for we are justified by His grace, according to the hope of eternal life; yet our sins and evil works will lay us obnoxious to the judgments both of God and man. He that walketh not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel is like to have his peace assaulted often, both by the devil, the Law, death, and hell; yea, and is like to have God hide His face from him also for the iniquity of his covetousness (Isa 57:17).

How can he that carrieth himself basely in the sight of men think he yet well behaveth himself in the sight of God? And if so dim a light as is in man can justly count thee as a transgressor, how shall thy sins be hid from Him Whose “eyelids try the children of men?” (Psa 11:4).

It is true, faith without works justifies us before God (Rom 3:28; 4:5): yet that faith that is alone will be found to leave us sinners in the sight both of God and man (Jam 2:17-18). And though thou addest nothing to that which saveth thee by what thou canst do, yet thy righteousness may profit the son of man, as also saith the text. But if thou shalt be so careless as to say, “What care I for being righteous to profit others?” I tell thee that the love of God is not in thee (Job 35:8; 1Jo 3:17; 1Co 13:1-3). Walk therefore in God’s ways, and do them, for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear of all these statutes, and say, “This great nation is a wise and understanding people” (Deu 4:6).

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟161,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The guy could have saved ink and his quill by simply saying man puts our will ahead of the will of God and as a result seek to satisfy self.
Amen brother. That is why my Bible studies are like this, in a nice neat table. Psalm 10:2-7 relates to exactly what @Kokavkrystallos was talking about. Also KJV is so difficult to read. It is 2024, not 1690. By the way, if you want my Bible studies, I can give them to you in private message as some tables (for free, as all Biblical information should be free).

Date
April 18, 2024​
Verse
Psalm 10:2-7 (NIV): In his arrogance the wicked man hunts down the weak, who are caught in the schemes he devises. He boasts about the cravings of his heart; he blesses the greedy and reviles the Lord. In his pride the wicked man does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God. His ways are always prosperous; your laws are rejected by him; he sneers at all his enemies. He says to himself, “Nothing will ever shake me.” He swears, “No one will ever do me harm.” His mouth is full of lies and threats; trouble and evil are under his tongue.​
Explanation
This passage describes the arrogant and wicked behavior of an individual who disregards God and preys upon the weak. The wicked man hunts down and schemes against the vulnerable, boasts about his desires, blesses the greedy, and rejects God's laws.

In modern culture, we can find examples of individuals who embody the wicked man's behavior described in Psalm 10:2-7. These figures might be found in business, politics, or entertainment industries where power and wealth are highly valued. They often use their influence to manipulate, deceive, and harm others for their own gain.​

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟955,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do you write these yourself? If so, you should consider starting a blog and posting them there. The format would be more conducive and the addition of images would be really nice. You can break them into smaller portions and do a series instead.

Is this your calling? Have you considered publishing or creating something along those lines?

~bella

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟312,622.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They often use their influence to manipulate, deceive, and harm others for their own gain.
Yes but the masses let them get away with it for they follow the same concept. Without the backing of regular folks these guys would be nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟161,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting the path you've been given. Mine are my blogs
Do you write these yourself? If so, you should consider starting a blog and posting them there. The format would be more conducive and the addition of images would be really nice. You can break them into smaller portions and do a series instead.

Is this your calling? Have you considered publishing or creating something along those lines?

~bella
Well, for me, I use a combination of technology (Mistral 7B AI, run privately on my laptop), the ESV or NIV Bibles, and sometimes real life anecdotes from myself or world/current events to make these Bible study tables. I just have to manually do the formatting of the tables, but the rest is AI and sometimes a few edits from myself. For @Kokavkrystallos , I think his path should be something like writing also, as he is good at that. I have to use prompt engineering (how to get the AI to respond in the right way), to get the responses a length that is not too long, or too short.

I will do an AI Bible study on Corinthians 6:19 tomorrow or in the near future and how drug abuse, excessive fast food and recklessness are defiling our bodies. Yes, we will still go to heaven as Christians, but God wants us to do better. We must respect our bodies, as God made us and being reckless can shorten our lifespans. A shorter lifespan = less time spent serving God and His people (Ephesians 2:10). I will also include a section on fast driving, and how God gives us freedom just as some parts of the autobahn are de-restricted, but we must choose our actions wisely (I don't drive here, but I do like the German autobahn, even though I do not live there).

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟161,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes but the masses let them get away with it for they follow the same concept. Without the backing of regular folks these guys would be nothing.
Yeah, the masses let these wicked folks get away with it. Which is why the last part of my Psalms 10:2-7 study, which I did not show is here below.

Life Anecdote
1. To respond to this passage (Psalms 10:2-7) in our daily lives, we should make attempts to be aware of the existence of wicked individuals and their tactics. Recognize that these people exist and that they may try to take advantage of us or others.​
2. Maintaining a strong connection with God through faith is crucial in navigating life's challenges. We should stay rooted in our commitment to Him and seek His guidance and wisdom.
3. Practicing compassion towards those who are vulnerable or marginalized is essential. Standing up for the weak and advocating for their rights ensures they are not exploited or taken advantage of by wicked individuals.
4. Living according to God's commandments, especially loving our neighbors as ourselves, is crucial in creating a positive impact on our communities. We should extend kindness and respect to all people, regardless of their background or circumstances.
5. Praying for wicked individuals and their eventual repentance is a vital response to this verse. We should not judge them but instead extend forgiveness and grace as God has extended to us through His Son, Jesus Christ. Additionally, seeking wisdom and guidance from trusted sources like pastors, spiritual leaders, or mentors can provide valuable perspective and insight when dealing with difficult situations involving wicked individuals.

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟955,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, for me, I use a combination of technology (Mistral 7B AI, run privately on my laptop), the ESV or NIV Bibles, and sometimes real life anecdotes from myself or world/current events to make these Bible study tables.

A lot of people have gotten on the bandwagon but I refuse. I won't allow it to think for me. Whatever I write, design or create is a reflection of the Most High. Nothing can compete with that. He knows the beginning and the end. From a professional perspective I want humans not machines. The casualties are jobs. 300 million losses are predicted and the number's climbing. I can't be part of that.

~bella

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟161,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A lot of people have gotten on the bandwagon but I refuse. I won't allow it to think for me. Whatever I write, design or create is a reflection of the Most High. Nothing can compete with that. He knows the beginning and the end. From a professional perspective I want humans not machines. The casualties are jobs. 300 million losses are predicted and the number's climbing. I can't be part of that.

~bella
Yeah. We will have to see what the future brings. If people get displaced by AI, colleges better be free, so people can get free education, but that is for another thread.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟161,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Long live live checkouts at the stores. :)
For me, I prefer self-checkout for small amounts of items (under $50-75 of items) and cashier-manned checkouts if I have a lot of items, cos the lines are shorter at self-checkout.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟955,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah. We will have to see what the future brings. If people get displaced by AI, colleges better be free, so people can get free education, but that is for another thread.

Perhaps you should do some research and educate yourself. Convenience has a price and the bottom line is never efficiency. It's financial. Self-checkouts included.

~bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟312,622.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
eah. We will have to see what the future brings. If people get displaced by AI, colleges better be free, so people can get free education, but that is for another thread.
Your educationwill be free compliments of your computer or smartphone as AI will answer anything. Who needs colleges. They are noit there to make you think but to repeat what has been said before.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟312,622.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
For me, I prefer self-checkout for small amounts of items (under $50-75 of items)
People used to feed their families having a job before the self checkouts. In a world based on the original sin of self interest I'm sure we could alternatively use a live cashier rather than work free for the store by checking ourselves out. I laughed yesterday at a store where there was a line-up for the self check out while the gal at the singular old live checkout had no one in line. How fast people are trained.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟161,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Bella and @timothyu How about we all have a balanced look on things, shall we? Both AI and humans have their places. I like self-checkout and live-checkouts equally. Yes, I know America has a hard time looking at both sides, but it is an essential skill to have.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟161,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree and it has its merits but is it essential to make the rich richer at the expense of the working poor? Something good comes along and the adversarial humans use it for self gain at expense of another or weaponize it.
Nothing we can do about it, except try not to buy into the system

Upvote 0