Northeast
✟185,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. The wrong type of music. Don't you know anything about the effects of hypnotism?
I know some things about the effects of hypnotism, but I disagree that the devil has the ability to erase what God has written :)

Peace be with you, my man :heart:

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟102,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I know some things about the effects of hypnotism, but I disagree that the devil has the ability to erase what God has written :)

Peace be with you, my man :heart:
If you know what a hypnotist can do you know they can override your thinking processes. God reaches and influences us through our minds.

Music is has incredible influence on our bodies and minds. 2/4 time sets our bodies moving and shuts down the left side of our brains which is the analytical and reasoning part of our mind. The messages get stored in the right side of our mind which has our subconscious mind, Our subconscious mind has great influence over us. It's where our unconscious likes and dislikes and beliefs come from. That's why hypnosis works to help people stop smoking. The hypnotist stores negative emotions there and attaches them to cigarettes. The devil is much better at hypnosis than any human being and can store negative emotions attached to God and His word and principles of life along with positive emotions attached to his own deceptions. If we willingly submit to his hypnosis through music, tv, and movies God cannot help us for He will not override our choices.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟185,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you know what a hypnotist can do you know they can override your thinking processes. God reaches and influences us through our minds.

Music is has incredible influence on our bodies and minds. 2/4 time sets our bodies moving and shuts down the left side of our brains which is the analytical and reasoning part of our mind. The messages get stored in the right side of our mind which has our subconscious mind, Our subconscious mind has great influence over us. It's where our unconscious likes and dislikes and beliefs come from. That's why hypnosis works to help people stop smoking. The hypnotist stores negative emotions there and attaches them to cigarettes. The devil is much better at hypnosis than any human being and can store negative emotions attached to God and His word and principles of life along with positive emotions attached to his own deceptions. If we willingly submit to his hypnosis through music, tv, and movies God cannot help us for He will not override our choices.
Please remember, we're talking about serious, devout Christians :heart:

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟102,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Please remember, we're talking about serious, devout Christians :heart:

So the angels and Adam and Eve were not serious about God before they sinned. They were not sinless?

A hypnotist, of whom the devil is better than any human,. cannot permanently alter human behavior? They have made fools out human beings for sport for a long, long time.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟185,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the angels and Adam and Eve were not serious about God before they sinned. They were not sinless?
They were not in Christ Jesus as described here

A hypnotist, of whom the devil is better than any human,. cannot permanently alter human behavior? They have made fools out human beings for sport for a long, long time.
Self control is part of the fruit of the Spirit

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟102,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
They were not in Christ Jesus as described here

Self control is part of the fruit of the Spirit

Huh? Jesus is their creator. How were they lacking the HS as He is also God? What bondage are sinless beings under?

You're making major assumptions with no scriptural evidence for them.

How does deliberately placing ourselves on the devil's ground have anything to do with self control?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟185,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Huh? Jesus is their creator. How were they lacking the HS as He is also God?
Let's take this one step of time :heart:

What does it mean, "the spirit was not yet given"?

What bondage are sinless beings under?

You're making major assumptions with no scriptural evidence for them.

How does deliberately placing ourselves on the devil's ground have anything to do with self control?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟102,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Let's take this one step of time :heart:

What does it mean, "the spirit was not yet given"?
The early rain had not yet been poured out. For what purpose was it poured out? To set us free from bondage to sin. How is a sinless person under bondage to sin?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟185,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The early rain had not yet been poured out. For what purpose was it poured out? To set us free from bondage to sin. How is a sinless person under bondage to sin?
When did the early rain occur, in your view?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟185,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are sinless people people under bondage to sin? You don't answer any questions and it's time you do.
No, sinless people are not under bondage to sin.

I didn't answer this earlier because I didn't want to get sidetracked. But sure, let's follow out what you're saying :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟102,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, sinless people are not under bondage to sin.

I didn't answer this earlier becauseEdit I didn't want to get sidetracked. But sure, let's follow out what you're saying :thumbsup:
So if they are not under bondage to sin why do they need the early rain to bring them out from under bondage to sin?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟185,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if they are not under bondage to sin why do they need the early rain to bring them out from under bondage to sin?
I don't believe that they did. Did I say that I believed that? I don't think I did :heart:

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟102,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't believe that they did. Did I say that I believed that? I don't think I did :heart:
OK.

So how did the devil overcome Adam and Eve? They were created sinless.

Genesis 2: 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 3: 1 NOW the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

So what why did Eve fall for the temptation? There was nothing in her pushing her towards doubting God and the resulting sin. Do you believe in soul sleep?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟185,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK.

So how did the devil overcome Adam and Eve? They were created sinless.
I don't know that the devil did overcome them. Is there a scripture that says that's what happened?

I see it as the devil offered them a choice. They chose the knowledge of Good and evil and possibly wisdom over being in Paradise with God.

Genesis 2: 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 3: 1 NOW the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
So what why did Eve fall for the temptation?There was nothing in her pushing her towards doubting God and the resulting sin.
She made a choice. She saw that the fruit was good for making one wise. She decided she would rather have that.

It's true that the serpent tells her that she won't die. But it's unclear if she believes that or not.

Do you believe in soul sleep?
No, though I don't have a strong opinion on it :)

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟102,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't know that the devil did overcome them. Is there a scripture that says that's what happened?

I see it as the devil offered them a choice. They chose the knowledge of Good and evil and possibly wisdom over being in Paradise with God.

She made a choice. She saw that the fruit was good for making one wise. She decided she would rather have that.

It's true that the serpent tells her that she won't die. But it's unclear if she believes that or not.

No, though I don't have a strong opinion on it :)
Unclear whether Eve believes the serpent? She ate the fruit which God said if they ate they would surely die.

1 Corinthians 10: 20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.
21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord’s table, and of the table of devils.

The Goddess Diana was worshiped by the Gentiles of Ephesus. All of paganism is founded on this deception.

Soul sleep is the truth taught by the Bible.

Psalm 146: 2 While I live will I praise the Lord: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

Job 14: 11 As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up:
12 So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.
13 O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!
14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
15 Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.

1Corinthians 15: 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

This why Paul said the Gentiles worshiped devils for there is no life after death until the 2nd coming. The devil's lie to Eve that she wouldn't surely die is believed throughout Christianity as truth. How many people who consider themselves devout Christians believe this deception?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟185,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unclear whether Eve believes the serpent?
Yes.

She ate the fruit which God said if they ate they would surely die.
Yes. She also saw that the fruit was good for making a person wise. That may have been the attraction.

1 Corinthians 10: 20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.
21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord’s table, and of the table of devils.

The Goddess Diana was worshiped by the Gentiles of Ephesus. All of paganism is founded on this deception.

Soul sleep is the truth taught by the Bible.

Psalm 146: 2 While I live will I praise the Lord: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

Job 14: 11 As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up:
12 So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.
13 O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!
14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
15 Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.

1Corinthians 15: 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

This why Paul said the Gentiles worshiped devils for there is no life after death until the 2nd coming. The devil's lie to Eve that she wouldn't surely die is believed throughout Christianity as truth.
How many people who consider themselves devout Christians believe this deception?
I don't know how many would fit that description.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟102,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes.

Yes. She also saw that the fruit was good for making a person wise. That may have been the attraction.

I don't know how many would fit that description.
Then you don't consider yourself a devout Christian as you believe the deception?

Upvote 0