• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Trump and Hitler = Stochastic Terrorism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2005
✟199,095.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
And they're still at it....

Normally a Hitler comparison is just rhetoric. (now that I think about it, Leftists do little else than compare people with Hitler.)

However this is a unique situation where the Trump-Hitler equivalency has saturated the media landscape. Virtually all media outlets have been repeating this claim for years as if it is a fact. Young people growing up in an age of mass media have been exposed to this message over and over again since they became aware of politics - equating the individual person Donald Trump with Adolf Hitler.

Young people are also taught that Hitler was the evilest person that ever lived. And what do we do with the evilest person in the world?

Oh we have plenty of limits on free speech, didn't you know?
Trump is to blame for the comparison when he uses rhetoric which was also used by Hitler.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟138,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is what happens when people dabble in conspiracy theories, like saying the kid did it because of democratic hate speech.
So you believe there is absolutely no possibility that could have been a factor? I haven't said that was the cause but I cannot rule it out and fail to see how you can.

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

ozso

Ingenious Member
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Cyberspace
✟711,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And they're still at it....

View attachment 351745
It's a miracle that we survived Trump being President. Those were dark times. My country was invaded. We had to hide in a root cellar for months. Most of my family was rounded up by the MAGA forces and put into camps.

Upvote 0

ozso

Ingenious Member
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Cyberspace
✟711,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is what happens when people dabble in conspiracy theories, like saying the kid did it because of democratic hate speech.
What about saying it's a possibility?

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟308,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One thing I think no one can dispute is that, as a culture, we are sick. There are so many manifestation, defining characteristics of this sickness from mass shootings, to the leaders we vote for. id it fundamental narcissism? Is it despair? What is it about a culture that would feed into something like stochastic terrorism.

Any history buffs here? How would you diagnose Nazi Germany? What do you see today?

I have been looking at the theological side of it, brushing up on history of theology since the reformation.
Still working on it.

• Winner
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟722,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's a miracle that we survived Trump being President. Those were dark times. My country was invaded. We had to hide in a root cellar for months. Most of my family was rounded up by the MAGA forces and put into camps.
Serves you right for trying to cross the border.

Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟199,095.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Wonder if the ‘political prisoners’ who tried to hang Pence are secretly dems too.
Could be? People are saying it could be true. After all, the rightists did try to convince people that ANTIFA and Black Lives Matter people were the ones who stormed the Capitol on Jan 6th. Others blame the FBI. They blamed everybody except for blaming Trump.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟199,095.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Can you provide evidence regarding the first comment of your's above?
Yes.

If not , would this be considered a flame on Republicans?
No flame. I posted the link about stochastic terrorism.

I never said anything about republicans. I said ".it sure sounds like stuff I hear from right wing media."

I can hardly wait for your response. Surprise me.
There it is.

Upvote 0

lifepsyop

Jan 23, 2014
✟76,178.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One thing I think no one can dispute is that, as a culture, we are sick. There are so many manifestation, defining characteristics of this sickness from mass shootings, to the leaders we vote for. id it fundamental narcissism? Is it despair? What is it about a culture that would feed into something like stochastic terrorism.

The rejection of Christ, and the worship of post-enlightenment individual liberty.

We have trapped ourselves in a permanent revolution against order and virtue, and we are proud of it. "No tyrant is gonna tell us how to live!"

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟199,095.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

Any history buffs here? How would you diagnose Nazi Germany? What do you see today?

I have been looking at the theological side of it, brushing up on history of theology since the reformation.
Still working on it.
Here is what a historian says

Browning, a professor emeritus at the University of North Carolina, specializes in the origins and operation of Nazi genocide. His 1992 book Ordinary Men, a close examination of how an otherwise unremarkable German police battalion evolved into an instrument of mass slaughter, is widely seen as one of the defining works on how typical Germans became complicit in Nazi atrocities.
So when Browning makes comparisons between the rise of Hitler and our current historical period, this isn’t some keyboard warrior spouting off. It is one of the most knowledgeable people on Nazism alive using his expertise to sound the alarm as to what he sees as an existential threat to American democracy.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟199,095.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The rejection of Christ, and the worship of post-enlightenment individual liberty.

We have trapped ourselves in a permanent revolution against order and virtue, and we are proud of it. "No tyrant is gonna tell us how to live!"
In the politics section of CF, the answer to everything is not because of a rejection of Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟308,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Paul Tillich spoke of three things:
Theonomy - Law rooted in God is also the innermost law within our hearts.
but that becomes institutionalized to be
Heteronomy - Our laws, rules, order come from outside ourselves.
then we rebel from that for
Autonomy - we all decide for ourselves

So in your view we are trapped in our autonomy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟138,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

No flame. I posted the link about stochastic terrorism.

I never said anything about republicans. I said ".it sure sounds like stuff I hear from right wing media."

There it is.
Hostile public rhetoric directed towards gay, undocumented immigrants, Drag Queens, trans-persons, Black Lives Matters, ANTIFA, liberals....it sure sounds like stuff I hear from right wing media.
Oh my goodness wikipedia as a trusted source????

Proof would be what you actually heard from "right wing media" not wikipedia garbage. Try again

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟199,095.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.