• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Trump and Hitler = Stochastic Terrorism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,881,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT
1721672499317.png

This thread had a clean up mid way through. Be careful not to flame other members.

• Friendly
Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Francis 1928

Jul 10, 2024
Simpsonville
✟14,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Big champion of minorities, are ya?
Im not a minority however,I have voted for republican conservatives that are minority. I support our people in blue no matter what race or ethnicity they are and our military folks.I wouldnt call myself a champion of minorities . Im not going to pretend like liberals do. What would I even have to do to become one? Too much of a big " to do" I think.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟179,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Im not a minority however,I have voted for republican conservatives that are minority. I support our people in blue no matter what race or ethnicity they are and our military folks.I wouldnt call myself a champion of minorities . Im not going to pretend like liberals do. What would I even have to do to become one? Too much of a big " to do" I think.
You back-the-blue, but when ”the blue” arrest minorities and Harris “puts them away”, you part ways?
So how does that work?

Upvote 0

Francis 1928

Jul 10, 2024
Simpsonville
✟14,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You back-the-blue, but when ”the blue” arrest minorities and Harris “puts them away”, you part ways?
So how does that work?
I am for backing our people in blue . The fact is that the majority of them are good people keeping us safe . When they are not hopefully they will pay price . Simple as that . Our officers have to put up with alot of scumbags . I appreciate them . I never part ways from them. BTW what side are you on since your coming at me ?Harris had one job the last 4 yrs and couldnt it.She will most likely not be the candidate .

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟179,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I am for backing our people in blue . The fact is that the majority of them are good people keeping us safe . When they are not hopefully they will pay price . Simple as that . Our officers have to put up with alot of scumbags . I appreciate them . I never part ways from them.
So the scumbags that the blue arrested are off the streets due to Harris also doing her job (at the time) is a “bad look” for her?

BTW what side are you on since your coming at me ?
I asked a question about the views that you espoused, how is that “coming at” you?
This is a forum, this is now forums work.

Harris had one job the last 4 yrs and couldnt it.She will most likely not be the candidate .
How, in your considered opinion, has Harris failed at being vice-president?

Upvote 0

Francis 1928

Jul 10, 2024
Simpsonville
✟14,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So the scumbags that the blue arrested are off the streets due to Harris also doing her job (at the time) is a “bad look” for her?

I asked a question about the views that you espoused, how is that “coming at” you?
This is a forum, this is now forums work.

How, in your considered opinion, has Harris failed at being vice-president?
As the border szar she failed she was asked why she never went to border her answer: I never been to Europe either" .Her keeping those minorities in prison doesnt help her get minority votes. I get it you are a liberal. So no matter how incompetent she is you choose her.

Upvote 0

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟192,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

View attachment 351670

Stochastic terrorism appears to be on the rise globally. Extremism experts explain how this form of violence has gone mainstream.​

Stochastic terrorism is targeted political violence that has been instigated by hostile public rhetoric directed at a group or individual. Unlike incitement to terrorism, this is accomplished by using indirect, vague, or coded language that allows the instigator to plausibly disclaim responsibility for the resulting violence.[1] A key element is the use of social media and other distributed forms of communications where the person who carries out the violence has no direct connection to the users of violent rhetoric. Stochastic terrorism - Wikipedia

---

So should the last eight years of a multitude of social media influencers and major media figures explicitly portraying Donald Trump as the next Adolf Hitler be considered a form of stochastic terrorism?

It's important to note that the perpetrators were not comparing a general ideology or general culture to Nazism. They were specifically identifying the individual person Donald Trump and and imposing the figure of Adolf Hitler upon him. These were not nuanced or vague comparisons but explicit references and direct analogies. "Trump is the next Hitler."

It is also important to note that these were not the usual scattering of edgy political publications, but a message that was repeated 24/7 from all corners of the mass media landscape. (and still is!) The promoters of this Trump - Hitler narrative had full knowledge of the extent of saturation, because it is all very public by nature.

These comparisons and images saturated the media horizon. (I'm sure we could fill dozens of pages on this thread with examples from major media outlets, celebrities, and large social media influencers) Here is one example of countless:

View attachment 351668

View attachment 351669

The historical figure of Adolf Hitler is an extremely unique symbol that is essentially synonymous with justified violence... Hitler is basically the modern personification of Satan and there is a general consensus, even among Christians, that someone would have been justified in assassinating him before he came to power, for the greater good.

It should be common sense to anyone in our society that to combine the image of Adolf Hitler and Donald Trump, and repeat it endlessly throughout mass media channels... is going to indoctrinate a significant portion of a mass audience into the idea that one might be justified in assassinating one of them just as much as the other. (of course, most people would not act on this impulse, but inevitably some disturbed individual would, and did)

And then on July 13th, 2024, the assassination attempt happened. At a rally, someone perched on a rooftop tried to shoot Donald Trump in the head, but by God's grace, only struck his ear.

Logically speaking, a person who actually believed the widespread media campaign blending the person of Donald Trump with Adolf Hitler, would also, as a consequence, believe they are justified in eliminating another Hitler.

Could this assassination attempt be reasonably interpreted as the predictable and intended result of a long-term stochastic terrorism operation?

Should the collective promoters of this Trump - Hitler narrative be officially brought up on charges of stochastic terrorism?

Furthermore, should any individual who appeared to publicly celebrate or cheer the assassination attempt of Donald Trump, likewise be investigated?

View attachment 351666
View attachment 351667
God Save The King!
Not all on the 'Left' have permanently disposed of their senses. Stepfanie Tyler a former liberal feminist speaks of her desire for success for America in unified Nation.

Seven years ago, Stepfanie Tyler marched through Las Vegas wearing a black and white t-shirt emblazoned with the words "F--- Trump" and an unflattering picture of the newly inaugurated president’s face.

Now the former women’s studies major wants to know if MAGA hats come in black.

"Seeing Trump stand up and pump his fist in the air after an attempted assassination, something inside me was like, ‘Oh. Patriotism. I feel it,’" Tyler told Fox News Digital Monday in her first news interview.

Tyler’s social media following exploded over the weekend when the assassination attempt on the former president spurred her to "come out" as a Trump supporter.

"Watching Trump survive an assassination attempt and act like a total f---ing savage just shifted me into some strange, patriotic gear that my fancy-feminism-white-men-bad infected brain never showed me," she wrote on X after a brief summary of her liberal background.

"Sorry, but I’m voting for that," she added in the post, which was viewed tens of millions of times in the 24 hours after she wrote it.

As of Thursday morning, the post had been viewed more than 57 million times on X.

Now the entrepreneur and AI enthusiast with a background in marketing has caught the attention of Elon Musk, been deemed a "must read" by Bill Ackman, and received an outpouring of direct messages from individuals still too afraid to publicly voice their political opinions. She calls the experience "surreal" and "freeing."

"It does seem a little hard to wrap your head around coming from women’s studies and ending up here," she said. "I never thought this would be the case, but you know people grow and change and evolve and now I’m here."

Tyler, 35, described herself as "pretty far left" going into college. She lost touch with her conservative father, who became a police officer around the time she was getting into women’s studies.

"Obviously, those two things clashed at the time," she said, taking full responsibility for the political wedge driven between father and daughter. "He did not care for one second who I voted for."

Tyler said her transformation from crying over the 2016 election results to publicly endorsing Trump was built by dozens of tiny moments over the years — excesses of the Me Too movement, the debate over biological sex, and the consequences of DEI policies, to name a few.

But she had long feared speaking up about her true opinions — "People will destroy your livelihood," the entrepreneur said — and even doubted whether her skepticism of liberal ideology was valid.

"I felt at the time like … there’s a reason that everybody’s saying this," she said. "Clearly I’m missing something."

Despite secretly registering as a Republican in 2018, she voted for Biden two years later, believing him to be a better option than the businessman from Queens. She credits Trump’s nearly hour-long appearance last month on the "All-In" podcast, hosted by four venture capitalists, with starting to open her mind.

"'This sounds nothing like what I thought he sounds like based on CNN clips or viral clips on social media,’" she recalled thinking.

Then came Saturday, and Trump’s rally in Butler, Pennsylvania. The 20-year-old suspected shooter gunned down a father and badly injured two other spectators before being killed by U.S. Secret Service personnel.

Tyler was cooking dinner when a friend texted her about the attempted assassination. She switched on the TV and saw a replay of the shooting moments after it happened.

Watching the former president touch the side of his head, then disappear behind the podium, she felt a sense of clarity.

"He better get up," she thought, her food abandoned in the kitchen.

And then he did, punching the air as blood dripped down his face, an American flag billowing in the background in an image Tyler and many others have labeled "iconic."

"I wanted to talk about it, right? I felt this sense of patriotism," she said. "I’m part of this great country that the left wanted me to look at through this lens that just didn’t fit."

She said she didn’t feel brave writing her now viral X post, although plenty of people have called her courageous in the days since. Rather, she felt "impatient."

"I want humanity to succeed. And I want to be on the side that is helping make that happen," pointing to tech giants like Musk and David Sacks who have both thrown their support behind Trump.

"I want to build, I want to innovate. I want to support innovators. I want to move this country forward."

Tyler said she's been bombarded with messages from people who feel "suffocated" by popular narratives and are starting to break free from "mental prisons" they’ve been trapped in. The assassination attempt ignited a sense of patriotism in many of these voters, like it did for Tyler, who has even been shopping for an American flag on Amazon.

"I just don’t think people fully understand what patriotism means," she said. "Patriotism shouldn’t mean you’re on the right or the left. It should just mean you’re for America … and right now I see the right being for America."

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟111,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Could be? People are saying it could be true. After all, the rightists did try to convince people that ANTIFA and Black Lives Matter people were the ones who stormed the Capitol on Jan 6th. Others blame the FBI. They blamed everybody except for blaming Trump.
Trump Jan 6th

"Peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard"

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟893,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
So I should be ok with someone calling me a dirty Chink?
You can have whatever feelings about it you want.

But, it's not illegal for someone to do that. Nor is it violent rhetoric that incites someone to assassinate you.

Depending on the circumstances, you could tell Human Resources to have a chat with them that might end in a firing.

Upvote 0

Astrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟168,475.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
You can have whatever feelings about it you want.

But, it's not illegal for someone to do that. Nor is it violent rhetoric that incites someone to assassinate you.

Depending on the circumstances, you could tell Human Resources to have a chat with them that might end in a firing.
So cool if you say it yourself.

As for consequences, someone did call me that.

And something very unpleasant did hapoen to her.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.