• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

The Trump White House Looks To Be Unraveling This Week

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟507,452.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
As for the rest, you either didn't watch the conference in whole or you have massive blinders on. He was clearly talking about the viewership in tota

Trump press secretary scolds media over inauguration crowd size

Spicer said white floor coverings to protect the grass "had the effect of highlighting any areas where people were not standing, while in years past the grass eliminated this visual." He also said security measures prevented crowds from quickly accessing the Mall.
Spicer claimed of Trump's inauguration, "this was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe." He did not provide any evidence.
Spicer said "This was the first time in our nation's history that floor coverings have been used to protect the grass on the Mall."

Seems like he's doing a lot of talking about the in person crowd to me, but then again I'm not an apologist for #AlternativeFacts so maybe I'm not up on what was in his heart or whatever the excuse is this week.

But hey, please keep focusing on how Trump can't let petty things like this go. That's sure to make him look like a strong, powerful world leader. Should we discuss how he tries (and failed) to turn handshakes into wrestling matches next?

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟401,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Fact is, Trump's crowds were markedly smaller than those of his predecessor. It's not debatable. That's just how it is. It's not just photos; it's transit records, it's all sorts of documentation.

His huge, fragile ego demands that his was the largest. But the truth is otherwise.

The alarming thing is, he's surrounded himself with people who will tell him whatever he demands to be true.

• Winner
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟507,452.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do you work for CNN, or do you just edit people's words like them naturally?

I can't help but notice you're having trouble explaining how listening to the full press conference would somehow make Spicer's lies - and apparent obsession with the in-person crowd - any more in touch with reality. But keep spinning, it shows how little substance there is to this pro-Trump messaging.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I can't help but notice you're having trouble explaining how listening to the full press conference would somehow make Spicer's lies any more true.

I can't help but notice that I answered your question, but you removed that from my quote when you responded.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟507,452.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I can't help but notice that I answered your question, but you removed that from my quote when you responded.

Just to be clear, you're saying that Spicer's lies about ground coverings and in-person crowd size were in response to reporter questions and not, say, the 4th paragraph of his prepared remarks?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Just to be clear, you're saying that Spicer's lies about ground coverings and in-person crowd size were in response to reporter questions and not, say, the 4th paragraph of his prepared remarks?

You asked why he kept talking about it, I said because the corporate media kept bringing it up. As for if they're lies or not, I've not researched it, so I can't say. I just get tired of people repeating the corporate media narrative when they obviously didn't watch the whole thing.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟507,452.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You asked why he kept talking about it, I said because the corporate media kept bringing it up.

I'm not sure what you're saying here - were the claims about in-person crowd size and the lies about ground coverings part of his prepared remarks or were they a response to a question by the "corporate media"?

As for if they're lies or not, I've not researched it, so I can't say. I just get tired of people repeating the corporate media narrative when they obviously didn't watch the whole thing.

Again, what part of watching it will change the fact he's lying about in-person crowd sizes and lying about ground covering making the pictures misleading? Do I need to watch him ranting about a MLK, jr statue to know he's lying about in-person crowd sizes? How does that work exactly?

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,199,458.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And we're back to discussing a Trumps crowd size issues. Weirdly it would never have been an issue if Trump had just gone "Thanks for the Great Crowds at the inauguration" and not tried to claim the biggest.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟507,452.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And we're back to discussing a Trumps crowd size issues. Weirdly it would never have been an issue if Trump had just gone "Thanks for the Great Crowds at the inauguration" and not tried to claim the biggest.
Obviously the sign of a leader confident in the mandate given to him by his landslide victory. Or at least a middle-schooler's idea of how a powerful world leader would act.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure what you're saying here - were the claims about in-person crowd size and the lies about ground coverings part of his prepared remarks or were they a response to a question by the "corporate media"?

Again, what part of watching it will change the fact he's lying about in-person crowd sizes and lying about ground covering making the pictures misleading? Do I need to watch him ranting about a MLK, jr statue to know he's lying about in-person crowd sizes? How does that work exactly?

I'll try to walk you through this:
  • You asked me why he kept mentioning these things.
  • I said because the media kept bringing it up, which was obvious if you watched the whole thing.
  • You edited out the part where I said because the media kept bringing it up. Instead, you demand to know why you have to watch the whole thing.
  • I ask why you edited out part of my response.
  • Instead of responding to my question, you use my response to another user about how Spicer was saying it was largest in toto to try and goad me.
  • I ignore this, and continue the previous strain of discussion.
  • You then move the goals and demand to know if his comments on ground coverings, etc. were part of a response to a reporter or part of a prepared response.
  • I explain what I actually said, and added that I have no idea if those were lies or not.
  • Now we're here.
Hope that makes everything clear. :bye:

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟401,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

This guy, like a 4th grade bully who acts tough, can't shrug off the smallest hint that he's less than perfect, is thereby open to manipulation.

Which leads to humiliations like his claims the the U.S. "one China" policy might change, followed by China calling him out on it, followed by his retreat on the claim.

• Agree
Reactions: Goonie
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟507,452.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'll try to walk you through this:

That's OK, I'm quite aware of all of the ways you're trying to avoid a simple point. You said he was talking about the viewership in total when the quotes say something quite different. And then you went off on some tangent pretending that he was helpless to avoid doing so because the big bad media tricked him into it.

But the bullets do look pretty, so gold star for formatting.

I explain what I actually said, and added that I have no idea if those were lies or not.
Weird, considering you were just telling us how "he is more truthful than the legacy media has been."

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟361,963.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You mean compared to Trump? That's a pretty low bar, but they clear it.
No not compared to anyone. Dishonesty is not OK no matter who it's from. It's wrong for Trump and it's wrong for the media. The trouble is folks like you give the media a pass.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟361,963.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You're whining that the glorious god-emperor Trump was foiled by a bunch of, what's the term? Snowflakes and cupcakes I believe. That's the opposition and Trump was stopped dead in his tracks by them. Sad.
Who said he was foiled. I didn't. He's marching right along. Only a month in and he's accomplished quite a bit.

Upvote 0