• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

The Trump White House Looks To Be Unraveling This Week

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟400,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I voted for Clinton not because I trusted her but because I thought Trump would be the worst President in the history of our nation and would lead this nation not to greatness but to disaster. So far, I'm not feeling too bad about that prediction.

I am. It appears that you were right.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,195,252.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
  • Haha
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟790,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I look for what sources the media is quoting. The less substantive the source, the less I believe. That said, right now it seems like if the media reports that a specific person said a specific thing, and that thing turns out to be wrong, the media is somehow blamed for FAKE NEWS.

I voted for Clinton not because I trusted her but because I thought Trump would be the worst President in the history of our nation and would lead this nation not to greatness but to disaster. So far, I'm not feeling too bad about that prediction.

All that in less than a month. Wow Trump is mighty powerful.

Ah, "alternative facts." No wonder they missed it.

#liberalpipedreams at its best

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
All that in less than a month. Wow Trump is mighty powerful.

He isn't there yet, but I believe the trajectory is heading that way. Isn't about power though. It's this:

giphy.gif

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟400,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian, regarding Sean Spicer's output:

Ah, "alternative facts."

#liberalpipedreams at its best

You think Kellianne Conway is a liberal? It's her characterization, not mine.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟790,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He isn't there yet, but I believe the trajectory is heading that way. Isn't about power though. It's this:

giphy.gif

#liberalpipedreams

You can always hope

Just like all the very same people were saying he would never make it as Republicans candidate, then laughed at him trying to gain the presidency

PIPE

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Just like all the very same people were saying he would never make it as Republicans candidate, then laughed at him trying to gain the presidency

I never laughed at it. I said he was dangerous from the start and that I believed he was going to be able to abuse people's fear of change, of outsiders, and of the rest of the world as a mobilizing force that would go for what he said. And here we are.

You can use your little hashtags if it gives you comfort. :)

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟790,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can use your little hashtags if it gives you comfort. :)

Thank you for your permission, but the hashtags are not for comfort.

Not sure what is comforting about a pointy emblem, but ok.

BTW. I didn't vote for him out of fear, and no one I know did either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your permission, but the hashtags are not for comfort.

Not sure what is comforting about a pointy emblem, but ok.

I'm certain they don't think they did.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟585,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Right. There were no fears with the prospect of a Clinton administration.

#alternatefacts

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, let's take a look...

The people over at THR printed a life-sized handprint from 1997 hanging in the New York branch of Madame Tussauds wax museum.

They managed to figure out Trump’s hands, at about 7.25 inches long, fall under the average hand-size for American men. That means, according to a tweet from Justin Kiggins, Trump has hands smaller than those of about 85 percent of American men.
Here's Proof Donald Trump Actually Has Really Small Hands

The scientifically objective results: Trump does indeed have hands just below average size, particularly for a man standing 6-foot-2. According to various human anatomy websites, the average-height American adult male (5-foot-10) has an average hand size (measured from the tip of the middle finger to the wrist) of 7.44 inches. Trump's measures 7.25 inches. (His shoe size, incidentally, is reportedly 12, but THR editors have so far been unable to locate a Trump footprint).

Revealed at Madame Tussauds: Donald Trump's Actual Hand Size

Surprise. You fell for more "alternative facts" from the Trumpets. The data is there for anyone who wants to go measure.

But what are you trying to say Barbie with all this info

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Right. There were no fears with the prospect of a Clinton administration.

#alternatefacts

For me it has more to do with seeing what people were saying. I saw a lot of fear and unease at things. People don't like thinking they made an emotional decision though so will take steps to justify that decision. Look at how many proven false things have been trotted out from before the election till today to show why it wasn't an emotional decision.

It isn't even necessarily a conscious thing. Just how people make decisions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
By the time Donald Trump had conducted his official phone call with Russian President Vladimir Putin on January 28th, the Department of Justice had already warned the White House that Flynn was exposed to Russian blackmail.

There were wiretapped transcripts of Flynn’s phone call with Russian officials from December – well before Trump was sworn in – and evidence of longstanding collaboration with the Kremlin (even a potential personal relationship with Putin) going back at least a full year.

How did the Trump White House react? With predictable shade.

They fired their acting Attorney General, Obama administration hold-over Sally Yates, in the wake of their travel ban for what they called “betrayal”. Flynn and the rest of Trump’s inner circle apparently hid any evidence from Vice President Mike Pence about the nature of Flynn’s communications with the Russians.

Rather than digging deep, speaking honestly and transparently to the American people in trying to calm the crisis, Trump did what he does best: throwing a whole lot of fuel on the fire via his personal Twitter account.

According to Trump, the real story here is not that senior officials in his administration knowingly negotiated with the Russians before their swearing in – a violation of the Logan Act – but that the public found out about it due to leaks from the intelligence community.

Gee, no one could have seen that coming after months upon months of Trump systematically attacking American intelligence services.

So…on Monday night, Trump requested the resignation of General Flynn, one of his earliest, staunchest and most trusted supporters-turned-advisor.

That would surely sweep the rest of this Russia connection story under the rug, right?

Many staffers in the Trump administration are turning on each other or just plain running scared, leaking info to the press to get out ahead of whatever’s coming for them. The president’s media mouthpieces Kellyanne Conway and Press Secretary Sean Spicer are getting their signals crossed and changing their stories multiple times per day.

Just hours after Michael Flynn’s resignation, the New York Times dropped a bombshell report seemingly confirming what many had suspected: a number of top Trump campaign aids were in constant contact with Russian officials throughout the 2016 election cycle. Trump, a president who openly traffics in blatant lies and conspiracy theories, denied the report as “fake news”.

The irony is unbearably rich.
Beginning of the end? The Trump White House looks to be unraveling this week

I think Trump should survive this one, unless more revelations are forthcoming. But the continuing flaps and embarrassments coming out of the Oval Office are little by little, pulling down his presidency.

They need to find an adult to put some kind of order into that mess.
Politicians should be banned from using Twitter and similar social media. Now you have everyone from 50 Cent to Mike Pence throwing in their two cents at every instance.

The social media in general is a fatal disease. One person vomits and everyone can both see and smell it.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟585,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
For me it has more to do with seeing what people were saying. I saw a lot of fear and unease at things. People don't like thinking they made an emotional decision though so will take steps to justify that decision. Look at how many proven false things have been trotted out from before the election till today to show why it wasn't an emotional decision.

It isn't even necessarily a conscious thing. Just how people make decisions.
I don't disagree. Clinton was just the easiest example to bring up of typical right wing fear mongering.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
This would require me to trust Spicer.

I never heard of Spicer before he took the job, but he is more truthful than the legacy media has been. I have watched the press conferences and I actually pity the man. I'd be annoyed too, if I had to repeatedly explain that globally, Trump had the biggest audience when you consider how many watch these things online, and the media is like "bigger than Reagan?!?"

I'd be like "you understand that the public did not use the Internet back then, right? "

Like I said, I don't know anything else about the dude. He could be a major jerk overall, but the corporate media has been so dishonest and idiotic that I am more likely to trust the guy who has to put up with their constant lies.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟360,362.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It isn't that the facts don't matter to me, it's that I have trouble trusting people who have been shown to lie previously. Especially when they have a tendency to lie to protect themselves. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....
But you'll believe the press. Of course we know just how honest they are with the facts right?

Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟360,362.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I look for what sources the media is quoting. The less substantive the source, the less I believe. That said, right now it seems like if the media reports that a specific person said a specific thing, and that thing turns out to be wrong, the media is somehow blamed for FAKE NEWS.

Oh yes a month into this and this nation is a disaster for sure. Especially when you take into consideration what the left is doing to this nation with its violent protests. That's all Trump's fault for sure. We have Ford agreeing to spend money to increase production in the US instead of building a new facility out of country. This brings more jobs to us. Yes that is a disaster. We are building a pipeline using American steel again producing more American jobs. Disaster.

I can't wait for more disasters.

It may be that in the end of four years he wrecks this country or at least finishes wrecking this country. I think Obama started the disaster. But I sure don't know after a month if he is going to. Your bias is evident.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0