• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Taylor Swift Endorses Kamala Harris For President, References 'Childless Cat Ladies'

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,272,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
but simply encouraged her followers to register and do their own research before voting. Now I strongly suspect the majority of Swifties will vote for Kamala because of how her demographic shakes out, but that does not mean she is actually telling them to vote that way.
Regardless of the topic, a prominent person making their viewpoint known first, along with a bullet point list of reasons for why that have that viewpoint, followed by telling people to "do your own research and make an informed decision" is typically a thinly veiled way of steering people to make the same choice they did.

(for instance, when RFK Jr. and Robert Malone told people to do their own research and make an "informed decision" about vaccines, I'm guessing it wasn't because they wanted people to land on a pro-vaccine position, I'm sure we can all agree)

Given that some sociopolitical issues are every bit as complex as vaccinology, and equally susceptible to misinformation/bias/bickering
"I'm voting for this person, here's the reasons why, but you should google some of the stuff I mentioned and do your own research" is the political equivalent of "I'm not taking the vaccine, because of reasons, but you should do your own research and search 'vaccines autism myocarditis' and make your own decision on it"

Nobody believes for a second that it's a sincere "everyone should look into it objectively and do what's best for them" type situation, it's clearly trying to steer people in a certain direction.

...when people do that faux-coy "I just think everyone should just get registered to vote and make their voices heard, research the issues, and do what's best for them", it's almost always a steaming pile of bovine excrement.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟293,913.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If I was a celebrity, this childless cat man would keep his politics separated from his professional life. Taylor Swift will lose some of her fan base for endorsing Kamala, rather than simply having her legal people fight the AI fake. Kind of like how Elon Musk lost potential Tesla sales to Democrats by endorsing Trump. Granted, Swift can afford to lose fans and Musk can afford to lose customers, but in my opinion it is in poor form when famous artists and business owners do this. They have a right to wave their political flags, but they're shooting themselves in the foot.
I think that they may know that. Do something that people don't like and people may change their support for whatever it is you do. I actually don't watch any Will Smith movies these days since he belted Chris Rock. I just can't get that image out of my mind whenever I see him. He can't convince me that he's the good guy or the hero in the film any more.

That said, I'd suggest that Swift, even though she may alienate some people in picking a political side, might know that what she says will have some impact (whether we should actually be listening to entertainers is another matter) and thinks that it's worth it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,883,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Taylor Swift may not have done an endorsement if Trump hadn't posted a fake AI generated image of Swift endorsing him.
That was unwise.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟589,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Such a hate filled man should not be in charge of a lemonade stand. Much less our country.

Trump fans will be voting for outright hatred. There’s no other way to parse this.

IMG_4558.jpeg

Upvote 0

ranunculus

Aug 21, 2008
✟285,714.00
Country
Luxembourg
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟589,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟373,720.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
He doesn’t seem to know he’s playing with fire by upsetting the Swifties.

He’s also now selling a knockoff “Eras tour” themed shirt with images of Trump instead of Swift. Her one little endorsement has apparently crushed his ego and broken his brain. This hate filled, addled old man is not fit to lead.
I mean, it could be worst. He could have angered the B-Hive.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟308,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Such a hate filled man should not be in charge of a lemonade stand. Much less our country.

Trump fans will be voting for outright hatred. There’s no other way to parse this.

View attachment 354646
It’s very odd a 78 year old man would say that about a pop star, but I’m not surprised.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,851,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Pop music sensation Taylor Swift, widely considered one of the world’s most influential celebrities, endorsed Kamala Harris for president after Tuesday night’s debate.​
“I will be casting my vote for Kamala Harris and Tim Walz in the 2024 Presidential Election,” Swift said in an Instagram post featuring her with one of her cats. She signed her lengthy post as “Childless Cat Lady” ― a biting reference to GOP vice presidential nominee JD Vance’s now widely mocked remarks disparaging Democratic women who don’t have children.​
Swift, once known for her aversion to speaking out about politics, praised Harris as someone who “fights for the rights and causes I believe need a warrior to champion them.”​
“I think she is a steady-handed, gifted leader and I believe we can accomplish so much more in this country if we are led by calm and not chaos,” her post continued.​
She has 275 million followers on Instagram.
You want to promote someone who hates Christianity in order to promote Kamala?

Strange bedfellows indeed.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,883,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
She says she is a Christian.

But so does Donald Trump and I don't believe he ever was . Yet some Christians are voting for him and support him despite his fraudulent and immoral behavior. Stange bedfellows.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟308,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

But so does Donald Trump and I don't believe he ever was . Yet some Christians are voting for him and support him despite his fraudulent and immoral behavior. Stange bedfellows.
It’s up to God to determine if someone truly loves him or not. I won’t pass judgment on anyone.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,851,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

So that means it’s okay. Got it.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟967,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You want to promote someone who hates Christianity in order to promote Kamala?

Strange bedfellows indeed.
What evidence do you have she hates Christianity?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,851,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status