• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Kamala Harris slammed for deploying a ‘fake accent’ in Detroit speech

Can you spot the difference?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,316,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟308,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Here she goes again.

Kamala Harris raises eyebrows with another ‘mysterious accent’ at Congressional Black Caucus dinner​

Isn’t that a psychological thing? Some people actually do it unconsciously.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟179,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Isn’t that a psychological thing? Some people actually do it unconsciously.
I heard that Don McKlean refused to sing “American Pie” and “Vincent” the way it was on the records, because as an artist, he felt it necessary to give the audience what he was feeling about the songs, by how he performed it, in that performance.

These “she’s talking funny” threads would be like complaining that Van Gogh used too much paint!

She’s a verbal artist and for some reason, that’s supposed to be unacceptable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,316,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I heard that Don McKlein refused to sing “American Pie” and “Vincent” the way it was on the records, because as an artist, he felt it necessary to give the audience what he was feeling about the songs, by how he performed it, in that performance.

These “she’s talking funny” threads would be like complaining that Van Gogh used too much paint!

Verbal art? Van Gogh? Really?

This is one of the weakest grasps for straws that I've seen yet; but it's still far more creative than Harris' antics.

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,851,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I heard that Don McKlein refused to sing “American Pie” and “Vincent” the way it was on the records, because as an artist, he felt it necessary to give the audience what he was feeling about the songs, by how he performed it, in that performance.

Where has she claimed to be a verbal artist?

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟308,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Ok. That makes sense.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟308,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Verbal art? Van Gogh? Really?

This is one of the weakest grasps for straws that I've seen yet; but it's still far more creative than Harris' antics.
Apparently she’s an excellent speaker who can mimic others? She’s talented? I don’t know.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟294,259.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Apparently she’s an excellent speaker who can mimic others? She’s talented? I don’t know.
Quick anecdote. Wife and I were in a bar and there was a quiz going on. Someone had been picked for a 'Who wants to be a Millionaire' type game. Keep getting the questions right and you win a bigger prize. All a bit of fun. The last question was 'How big is the baby kangaroo when it starts crawling around the mothers pouch? 1 inch, 2 inches, 3 inches or 4'. The girl didn't know, so she was asked 'Do you want to phone a friend?' and the compere asked if there was anyone there from Australia (we were in Alaska). I put my hand up and I was given the mike and there was some banter back and forth as she pretended to ring me and we chatted and I explained that the joey (baby kangaroo) is extremely small so it was probably 1 inch.

When I handed the mike back, my wife asked 'What happened there? You sounded like a cross between Crocodile Dundee and Steve Irwin!' Without any conscious intention and not realising that I was doing it I had cranked up the accent a few notches - as everyone had expected me to sound Australian.

And none of us talk exactly the same way to our partner or a few mates or the boss in the office or a few youngsters. We automatically modulate our speech to the audience. It's so common most of us don't recognise it when it happens.

This nonsense that Harris is 'putting on an accent' is just that. Nonsense.

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,851,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
1726620912160.png

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,316,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,851,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It's like she has a nose of wax. Her accents match her political stances. They seem to change with the wind,
Obviously the left eat it up. It must be what they want.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,316,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Obviously the left eat it up. It must be what they want.
Well now that I stop and think about it, I can see how riding the shifting political winds might be exciting for a Liberal.

This one could take them on an exhilarating ride; but she might wear a wrist compass; so she can figure out where she is going.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0