• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

JD Vance is really unpopular and "dragging Trump down"

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟189,343.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes it is! It is a many times debunked liberal lie.
Show this, if you can. And do better than just calling General Kelly a liar.

I have directly quoted Trump denigrating soldiers. (A speech praising soldiers might mitigate his expressed scorn for 'losers'.)

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟139,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I have directly quoted Trump denigrating soldiers.
No you have not quoted Trump! If you have a video show it. Are you confusing a quote from a disgruntled Kelly for a direct quote from Trump?

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟401,615.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I notice that none of her former staff regard her as a moron, or a criminal or dangerous.
Not one. On the other hand...

Former Trump officials are among the most vocal opponents of returning him to the White House

NEW YORK (AP) — Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper has called him a “threat to democracy.” Former national security adviser John Bolton has declared him “unfit to be president.” And former Vice President Mike Pence has declined to endorse him, citing “profound differences.”

As Donald Trump seeks the presidency for a third time, he is being vigorously opposed by a vocal contingent of former officials who are stridently warning against his return to power and offering dire predictions for the country and the rule of law if his campaign succeeds.

It’s a striking chorus of detractors, one without precedent in the modern era, coming from those who witnessed first-hand his conduct in office and the turmoil that followed.

Sarah Matthews, a former Trump aide who testified before the House Jan. 6 committee and is among those warning about the threat he poses, said it’s “mind-boggling” how many members of his senior staff have denounced him. “These are folks who saw him up close and personal and saw his leadership style,” Matthews said.

Trump summoned supporters to Washington on Jan. 6, 2021, as his falsehoods about a stolen election became the rallying cry for supporters who violently breached the U.S. Capitol. Many people serving in the administration quit in protest, including Matthews.

Trump’s attempt to remain in office included a bitter pressure campaign against Pence, who as vice president was tasked with presiding over the count of the Electoral College ballots on Jan. 6. Trump was adamant that Pence should prevent Biden from becoming president, something he had no power to do. Pence had to flee the Senate chamber on Jan. 6 as rioters stormed the building to chants of “Hang Mike Pence!”
Esper, who was fired by Trump days after the 2020 election, clashed with the then-president over several issues, including Trump’s push to deploy military troops to respond to civil unrest after the killing of George Floyd by police in 2020.

In a recent interview with HBO’s “Real Time With Bill Maher,” Esper repeated a warning that Trump is “a threat to democracy” and added, “I think there’s a lot to be concerned about.”

“There’s no way I’ll vote for Trump, but every day that Trump does something crazy, the door to voting for Biden opens a little bit more, and that’s where I’m at,” Esper said.

Among Trump’s most vocal critics are former aides who worked closely with him in the White House, particularly a trio who gained prominence testifying about the Jan. 6 attack and Trump’s push to overturn the election.

The group includes Matthews, former Trump White House communications director Alyssa Farah Griffin and Cassidy Hutchinson, a former top aide to Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows. They have given a series of interviews in recent months opposing their former boss.

“Fundamentally, a second Trump term could mean the end of American democracy as we know it, and I don’t say that lightly,” Griffin told ABC in December.

John Kelly, Trump’s former chief of staff, had his own long falling-out with Trump. Kelly, in a lengthy October statement to CNN, described Trump as “a person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators” and “has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law.”

Olivia Troye, a former Pence adviser who left the White House in 2020, and former press secretary Stephanie Grisham, who resigned Jan. 6, are both outspoken critics who said they didn’t vote for Trump in 2020.

Even Bill Barr, Trump’s former attorney general who has not ruled out voting for him again, has referred to Trump as “a consummate narcissist” who “constantly engages in reckless conduct that puts his political followers at risk and the conservative and Republican agenda at risk.”

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟189,343.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No you have not quoted Trump! If you have a video show it. Are you confusing a quote from a disgruntled Kelly for a direct quote from Trump?
I heard Trump's slur against McCain. I have given a direct quote for that already, but here it is again:

He's not a war hero, he's a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured, okay? I hate to tell you.

I have seen Trump denigrating the memory of the fallen American soldiers after the 80th anniversary of the Normandy landings by his absence. I think you have too. He was not there because he does not think it is a good look to stand in front of the gravestones. He is right, it is not. The reason is because to his shame he dodged the draft.

I am quoting General Kelly, yes. To call him a liar is itself not a good look, for Trump or for you.

You said 'multiple witnesses are more reliable'. Who are you quoting? Who has called General Kelly out on what he said?

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟139,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I heard Trump's slur against McCain. I have given a direct quote for that already, but here it is again:

He's not a war hero, he's a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured, okay? I hate to tell you.

I have seen Trump denigrating the memory of the fallen American soldiers after the 80th anniversary of the Normandy landings by his absence. I think you have too. He was not there because he does not think it is a good look to stand in front of the gravestones. He is right, it is not. The reason is because to his shame he dodged the draft.

I am quoting General Kelly, yes. To call him a liar is itself not a good look, for Trump or for you.

You said 'multiple witnesses are more reliable'. Who are you quoting? Who has called General Kelly out on what he said?
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/32491cf7-1f38-48cc-b4aa-a0cf235281da Here are names and quotes. Put this liberal lie to rest.

• Winner
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,883,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/32491cf7-1f38-48cc-b4aa-a0cf235281da Here are names and quotes. Put this liberal lie to rest.
Were they there are the the private conversation with Gen. Kelly? no.

Seemed in character:

The Defense officials also confirmed to The AP reporting in The Atlantic that Trump on Memorial Day 2017 had gone with his chief of staff, John Kelly, to visit the Arlington Cemetery gravesite of Kelly’s son, Robert, who was killed in 2010 in Afghanistan, and said to Kelly: “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?”​
Besides his insult of John McCain, which we all heard, his resistance to having the flags lowered when McCain died, he has not been good for veterans.

Not only has Trump sought to slash benefits, but he has presided over a withering of the VA. As of this spring, the department had 50,000 vacancies, a stunning figure that dwarfs the total number of employees in the departments of Education, Energy, Labor, HUD, and State combined. A 2019 VA Inspector General’s report found that 96% of VA clinics studied “reported at least one severe occupational shortage” and nearly 40% had 20 severe staffing shortages.​
These are 50,000 missing doctors, nurses, practitioners, and administrators to serve more than nine million veterans who rely on VA care. Failure to fill these positions has led to the closing of internal, PTSD, ENT and clinics across the country. Even a veteran’s woodshop program just outside my own district was shuttered.​

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟139,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Were they there are the the private conversation with Gen. Kelly? no.

Seemed in character:
The Defense officials also confirmed to The AP reporting in The Atlantic that Trump on Memorial Day 2017 had gone with his chief of staff, John Kelly, to visit the Arlington Cemetery gravesite of Kelly’s son, Robert, who was killed in 2010 in Afghanistan, and said to Kelly: “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?”Besides his insult of John McCain, which we all heard, his resistance to having the flags lowered when McCain died, he has not been good for veterans.
Read your own link! "Defense officials said" I don't see one person who with their own name attached claimed Trump said these things. I don't see Kelly's name saying Trump said anything. This is garbage! I provided names and quotes, your article makes only accusations with no real person willing to take credit.

This is fake news at its worst.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟179,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Read your own link! "Defense officials said" I don't see one person who with their own name attached claimed Trump said these things. I don't see Kelly's name saying Trump said anything. This is garbage! I provided names and quotes, your article makes only accusations with no real person willing to take credit.

This is fake news at its worst.
Is the claim that active duty personnel didn’t make any such comments?
Would these career bureaucrats have been privy to conversations between President Trump and Chief of Staff Kelly?

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟139,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is the claim that active duty personnel didn’t make any such comments?
Would these career bureaucrats have been privy to conversations between President Trump and Chief of Staff Kelly?
Liberals really want this to be true, why is that? It boils down to anonymous reports from nameless officials. Liberals don’t allow that nonsense on this forum on other topics without challenge. So tell us why is it allowed in this case? I think we all know the answer to that question. Get Trump!

• Agree
Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟123,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Every one of my fellow soldiers with whom I serve have far more respect for President Donald Trump than any other POTUS in my lifetime except for President Ronald Reagan.

Reactions: Postvieww
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,530,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Many people who have served our country honorably for decades are automatically dismissed when they make a statement that does not reflect favorably on Trump. There's a reason why half of his former cabinet officers refuse to vote for him.....

General Kelly is a man of honor and a Gold star father. But that doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟189,343.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Put this liberal lie to rest.
Not with a Trump-supporting website! They would say that wouldn't they?

I can see why the Trump camp and the remaining enthusiasts for him want to suppress this nasty bit of history. They don't want to talk about heel spurs either.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟139,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not with a Trump-supporting website! They would say that wouldn't they?

I can see why the Trump camp and the remaining enthusiasts for him want to suppress this nasty bit of history. They don't want to talk about heel spurs either.
So you are more comfortable with anonymous sources? People who were there debunking what unnamed “officials” claim??? Sounds like fake news to me but so many liberals have promoted this lie it’s hard to back down now. Amazing I’m always asked for proof and quotes then some will believe anything the liberal press spoon feeds them.?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟238,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He hasn't got over losing to Obama. That is how it goes with him.

He will turn on Vance when he loses. He will be useless, a traitor and dumb. This is how he always behaves towards the people he hires and fires.
I don't think he's going to wait until he loses.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟401,615.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Mattis said he had been asked what he thought of Trump's remarks, which reportedly came during a White House meeting with congressional Democrats on Wednesday.

"I earned my spurs on the battlefield ... Donald Trump earned his spurs in a letter from a doctor," he said in a reference to a medical deferment for bone spurs that kept Trump from serving in the military during the Vietnam War.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟238,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟401,615.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
“So many of the leaders of the left, and I hate to be so personal about this, but they’re people without kids trying to brainwash the minds of our children, that really disorients me and disturbs me,” Vance can be heard saying in the clip.

“Randi Weingarten, who’s the head of the most powerful teachers’ union in the country, she doesn’t have a single child. If she wants to brainwash and destroy the minds of children, she should have some of her own and leave ours the hell alone.”

In a post on X, Weingarten responded to Vance’s resurfaced comments, calling them “gross”, and adding that the remarks are “sad and insulting to millions of modern families, and school teachers including Catholic nuns, none of whom should be targeted for their family decisions”.

I'm thinking that it's odd for a Catholic to be bashing nuns for not having kids...

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟139,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
“So many of the leaders of the left, and I hate to be so personal about this, but they’re people without kids trying to brainwash the minds of our children, that really disorients me and disturbs me,” Vance can be heard saying in the clip.

“Randi Weingarten, who’s the head of the most powerful teachers’ union in the country, she doesn’t have a single child. If she wants to brainwash and destroy the minds of children, she should have some of her own and leave ours the hell alone.”

In a post on X, Weingarten responded to Vance’s resurfaced comments, calling them “gross”, and adding that the remarks are “sad and insulting to millions of modern families, and school teachers including Catholic nuns, none of whom should be targeted for their family decisions”.

I'm thinking that it's odd for a Catholic to be bashing nuns for not having kids...
Typical liberal spin and diversion. The issue ignored is the brain washing of children. Liberal spin to make it about a childless woman.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟893,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Typical liberal spin and diversion. The issue ignored is the brain washing of children. Liberal spin to make it about a childless woman.
Although Vance claimed to "hate being so personal", it's hard to attach that to anything other than the disturbingly barren wombs of teachers.

Upvote 0