• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

JD Vance is really unpopular and "dragging Trump down"

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟138,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So far, he's been eating his own lunch. Every time he opens his mouth, his numbers fall.
That is just the result of of a successful gaslighting campaign which will come to an end. Kamala and Walz will eventually have answer some real questions and quit running around like rock stars. Be patient the masks will come off.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟401,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That is just the result of of a successful gaslighting campaign which will come to an end.
They tried gaslighting Walz, and it backfired. For example, Vance tried the "stolen valor" slur against Walz, and only succeeded in angering veterans.

JD Vance Blasted by Military Vets for Tim Walz Attack

Walz spent 24 years in the National Guard, rising to command sergeant major, one of the top ranks for an enlisted soldier. He left the Guard in 2005, months before the battalion he led was notified that they were to be deployed to Iraq. Walz previously said his decision to retire was due to him deciding to run for Congress.

Vance served in the Marine Corps for four years, although he never saw combat. He served as combat correspondent in Iraq between August 2005 and February 2006.
"Well, I wonder Tim Walz, when were you ever in war? What was this weapon that you carried into war given that you abandoned your unit right before they went to Iraq and he has not spent a day in a combat zone," Vance said.
Retired lieutenant general Mark Hertling, a former commander of American ground forces in Europe, posted on X: "It's unbecoming and unprofessional for anyone—especially veterans—to openly disparage anyone who has served in uniform.

"I'm personally very thankful for all who have worn the cloth of our country—for any amount of time—and who have served in our professional force."

Arizona Senator Mark Kelly, a former Navy combat pilot and astronaut who was on the shortlist to be named Harris' running mate, posted: "Hey JD Vance, did you forget what the USMC taught you about respect?

"Tim Walz spent DECADES in uniform. You both deserve to be thanked for your service. Don't become Donald Trump. He calls veterans suckers and losers and that is beneath those of us who have actually served."

Brandon Friedman, a former Obama administration official who was deployed in Afghanistan and Iraq, wrote: "No veteran who supports Walz believes he abandoned his unit. No veteran who opposes Walz believes he abandoned his unit.

"It's a dishonest political attack meant to influence people who don't know about the military. The guy simply retired after 24 years before his unit deployed."

Alexander Vindman, a retired Army lieutenant colonel, added: "Let's be clear, you served honorably, including 6 months in combat in a public affairs unit. Walz retired after 24 years and achieved the rank of command Sergeant Major. I do not think you want to compare service records."
Walz was previously criticized by his political opponents for retiring from the National Guard before it was deployed to Iraq during his campaign for Minnesota governor in 2018.

Joseph Eustice, a 32-year veteran of the guard who led the same battalion as Walz, defended Walz at the time.

"He was a great soldier," Eustice told the Star Tribune. "When he chose to leave, he had every right to leave."

Vance is evidence that an Ivy League education doesn't necessarily mean one is smart.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟138,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They tried gaslighting Walz, and it backfired. For example, Vance tried the "stolen valor" slur against Walz, and only succeeded in angering veterans.

JD Vance Blasted by Military Vets for Tim Walz Attack

Walz spent 24 years in the National Guard, rising to command sergeant major, one of the top ranks for an enlisted soldier. He left the Guard in 2005, months before the battalion he led was notified that they were to be deployed to Iraq. Walz previously said his decision to retire was due to him deciding to run for Congress.

Vance served in the Marine Corps for four years, although he never saw combat. He served as combat correspondent in Iraq between August 2005 and February 2006.
"Well, I wonder Tim Walz, when were you ever in war? What was this weapon that you carried into war given that you abandoned your unit right before they went to Iraq and he has not spent a day in a combat zone," Vance said.
Retired lieutenant general Mark Hertling, a former commander of American ground forces in Europe, posted on X: "It's unbecoming and unprofessional for anyone—especially veterans—to openly disparage anyone who has served in uniform.

"I'm personally very thankful for all who have worn the cloth of our country—for any amount of time—and who have served in our professional force."

Arizona Senator Mark Kelly, a former Navy combat pilot and astronaut who was on the shortlist to be named Harris' running mate, posted: "Hey JD Vance, did you forget what the USMC taught you about respect?

"Tim Walz spent DECADES in uniform. You both deserve to be thanked for your service. Don't become Donald Trump. He calls veterans suckers and losers and that is beneath those of us who have actually served."

Brandon Friedman, a former Obama administration official who was deployed in Afghanistan and Iraq, wrote: "No veteran who supports Walz believes he abandoned his unit. No veteran who opposes Walz believes he abandoned his unit.

"It's a dishonest political attack meant to influence people who don't know about the military. The guy simply retired after 24 years before his unit deployed."

Alexander Vindman, a retired Army lieutenant colonel, added: "Let's be clear, you served honorably, including 6 months in combat in a public affairs unit. Walz retired after 24 years and achieved the rank of command Sergeant Major. I do not think you want to compare service records."
Walz was previously criticized by his political opponents for retiring from the National Guard before it was deployed to Iraq during his campaign for Minnesota governor in 2018.

Joseph Eustice, a 32-year veteran of the guard who led the same battalion as Walz, defended Walz at the time.

"He was a great soldier," Eustice told the Star Tribune. "When he chose to leave, he had every right to leave."

Vance is evidence that an Ivy League education doesn't necessarily mean one is smart.
Well not all veterans take that view. Be patient you will see what an “Ivy League” education can do in a debate.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟604,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well not all veterans take that view. Be patient you will see what an “Ivy League” education can do in a debate.
I’ve Trump with his Penn degree speak many times. I’m not impressed.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟893,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Be patient you will see what an “Ivy League” education can do in a debate.
Good to hear that Ivy League universities are no longer elitist liberal indoctrination centers.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟401,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well not all veterans take that view.
Notice that Trump is the first republican presidential candidate to lose the military vote since whoever last lost to Roosevelt. We know what he thinks of us.

Be patient you will see what an “Ivy League” education can do in a debate.
Vance is such a great debater, he's been beating himself regularly.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟138,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Notice that Trump is the first republican presidential candidate to lose the military vote since whoever last lost to Roosevelt. We know what he thinks of us.

Vance is such a great debater, he's been beating himself regularly.
Not seeing any accurate information in your post!

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟138,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good to hear that Ivy League universities are no longer elitist liberal indoctrination centers.
Everyone doesn't fall prey to propaganda. I know is just set up your next comment, try to surprise us.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟893,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I know is just set up your next comment, try to surprise us.

I just think it's sad that the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party can actually be this successful when it puts at the top of its 'populist' ticket a billionaire with a gold throne and a millionaire with an Ivy League Law degree.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟138,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just think it's sad that the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party can actually be this successful when it puts at the top of its 'populist' ticket a billionaire with a gold throne and a millionaire with an Ivy League Law degree.
Well no surprise here! Just more liberal propaganda! What is the spin explanation for Kamala hiding from the press?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟401,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not seeing any accurate information in your post!
I don't think "you are all lying" is a very effective response to all those veterans.

Military bases swung hard away from Republicans in 2020

By our calculations they moved towards Democrats by eight points, compared with a nationwide swing of just two

Biden got more votes from military personnel than Trump. It's a surprise that a republican would lose that vote. It's because veterans know he regards us as "suckers" and "losers."

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟803,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Sen. JD Vance, R-Ohio, is making history as Donald Trump's 2024 running mate, but not in the way that the Trump campaign had hoped. According to a CNN survey taken after the Republican National Convention, Vance has an approval rating of -6 points, making him the first vice presidential nominee to enter the general election with a negative rating since 1980.​
The average rating for a running mate after a party convention has been +19 points.​
"Frankly, I don't really understand the pick, and apparently neither do the American voters," CNN data analyst Harry Enten said on Tuesday's OutFront with Erin Burnett. Vance, he said, is "dragging Trump down."...​

With Trump struggling to appeal to moderate women, the former president may rue choosing a man who ran for Senate on a hardline anti-abortion stance, criticized childcare subsidies as "class war against normal people" and suggested that married women would be selfish for divorcing their abusive husbands, saying in 2021 that "one of the great tricks that the sexual revolution pulled on the American populace" was "making it easier for people to shift spouses like they change their underwear.”​
Trump could have done better.

Well, as a conservative woman I just love Vance... he just spits fire...

He gets my total respect for being able to be informative and well articulate the positions... He makes me think woohoo!

As a candidate I think he's great! Just perfect... Two thumbs up...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟401,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, as a conservative woman I just love Vance... he just spits fire...

He gets my total respect for being able to be informative and well articulate the positions... He makes me think woohoo!

As a candidate I think he's great! Just perfect... Two thumbs up...
He's learning the ropes from Trump, that's for sure...

JD Vance thinks polls showing surge of Harris support are "fake"

In a Fox News interview on Sunday, Vance was asked to comment on "a rough couple of weeks for his campaign," as described by Mediaite, and New York Times/Siena polling indicating that "Harris is now leading Trump among likely voters in Arizona, 50 percent to 45 percent, and has even edged ahead Trump in North Carolina — a state Trump won four years ago — while narrowing his lead significantly in Georgia and Nevada,” and his reply went down a familiar path — that it's fake news, according to him.

Vance stated his opinion to host Shannon Bream that surveys “tend to radically overstate Democrats," and that their own calculations show the “sugar high” that Harris' campaign is experiencing to be “leveling off.”

“Consistently what you’ve seen in 2016 and 2020, is that the media uses fake polls to drive down Republican turnout and to create dissension and conflict within Republican voters,” Vance said. “The Trump campaign is in a very, very good spot."

As Axios points out in their coverage of Vance's claim, "The polls aren't always accurate, but they certainly aren't fake," highlighting that "nearly every major pollster has shown Harris surging," maintaining a 6-point lead, 51% to 45%.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟803,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He's learning the ropes from Trump, that's for sure...

JD Vance thinks polls showing surge of Harris support are "fake"

In a Fox News interview on Sunday, Vance was asked to comment on "a rough couple of weeks for his campaign," as described by Mediaite, and New York Times/Siena polling indicating that "Harris is now leading Trump among likely voters in Arizona, 50 percent to 45 percent, and has even edged ahead Trump in North Carolina — a state Trump won four years ago — while narrowing his lead significantly in Georgia and Nevada,” and his reply went down a familiar path — that it's fake news, according to him.

Vance stated his opinion to host Shannon Bream that surveys “tend to radically overstate Democrats," and that their own calculations show the “sugar high” that Harris' campaign is experiencing to be “leveling off.”

“Consistently what you’ve seen in 2016 and 2020, is that the media uses fake polls to drive down Republican turnout and to create dissension and conflict within Republican voters,” Vance said. “The Trump campaign is in a very, very good spot."

As Axios points out in their coverage of Vance's claim, "The polls aren't always accurate, but they certainly aren't fake," highlighting that "nearly every major pollster has shown Harris surging," maintaining a 6-point lead, 51% to 45%.

I kinda think the same. At this point I think it's smoke and mirrors...

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟189,041.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I kinda think the same. At this point I think it's smoke and mirrors...
Do you think the poll results are somehow fixed, or that the results are being misreported? Either way, I don't see how you could come to such a conclusion. These things have been accurate - and accurately reported - for many years.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟803,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you think the poll results are somehow fixed, or that the results are being misreported? Either way, I don't see how you could come to such a conclusion. These things have been accurate - and accurately reported - for many years.

Fixed, it's always in how you do your polling and a dedicated individual could just choose more biased approach.

With all the media in the bag for the Democratic party I don't trust the polls anymore...

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟739,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
At least the media is switching it up. At first it looked like Trump was going to win no matter what, but these conflict story elements make it more fun to watch. Before it was like the 7th inning when you know who's gonna win, you see a whole bunch of people heading home early.

I guess the media really needs those ratings, people losing interest must-not-happen

Upvote 0